Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

The Reluctant Bride - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride (278289 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reluctant Bride by DoroCute(f): 10:41am On Oct 13, 2014
Hmmmm.... Finale! I don catch Up wiv TRB! I see u TiffanyJ. Thanx 4 the wishes n I(we) miss reading ur story.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
stunningjudy:
TiffanyJ, today is my birthday. pls i want long updates today.
may God's blessings, protection and favour continue to reign on you this birthday and always. Happy birthday sweatheart.
I promise to update 3 times today. So expect my updates later in the evenining, I'm sort of busy now. Eat and drink well o, don't forget to go out, have fun and and take photographs. Wishing you long life and prosperity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by phebean008(f): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Tiff dearie, what's up nw? I've been refreshing almost every 30mins. My book no dy even enter sef and i hv test tomorrow, just because i cnt focus. Please, help a sister
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Dedicated to stunningjudy, may you heart desires come through.
'Mr. Nicholas, it seemed that the other fetus might stay. After keeping your wife here for a week so as to monitor her, I think its time for her to go home but she must remain in absolute and complete bedrest. You know what it means, don't you?'
Jaordan only stared at the doctor.
'It means that you have to abstain from any intimate'
'for how long?'
'For as long as we observed that it is safe for her and the fetus. She is eleven weeks gone. Well, I think it should be for a month or more'
'you must be joking dr. A whole month? Do you think I am a saint?'
Jordan shouted. How could he be in the same house and lay in the same bed with Tara for a month without touching her. He won't survive it.
'jordan, I don't know how you will do it and I don't care to know. I just told you what you ought to do to keep your wife and the fetus'
Joel was angry, Jordan didn't seem to know how lucky he was to have Tara.
'when will she be discharge?'
'Tomorrow morning'
'okay then, but I have an important meeting, I will send someone to come pick her'
'thank you very much doctor. I pray I don't get rush down here again-well, until my time has reach'
Tara gaped at Joel. He had been so good to her and she realised that she liked him.
'I pray so too. You need to eat and rest alot', He told her with a smile.
'By the way doctor,what really happend? What caused my miscarge? I had obeyed all the rules'
'Can I call you Tara?'
'sure'
'okay, Tara, just talk to your husband'
'Jordan doesn't want to tell me anything. He said its for my good. He still thinks I am a child', she told him in annoyance.
'Can I call you Joel?'
'yep'
'what did you and Jordan discussed yesterday? When he returned, he seemed a jittle on the age'
Joel admired her. He stared at the woman who hd battled with death and won. He had nothing to say to her. Her husband should do the honours.
'Tara, just talk to your husband, okay?'
Her driver arrived. Tara bid Joel goodby and slowly walked to the car.

'welcome home ma'am', the maids queued up to welcome her.
'Thank you'
she walked up to her room. Everything was as she had left it. She laid on the bed and felt tired. She was now determine to keep herself and her unborn child healthy. Tara had spent a complete week in the hospital, yet Amanda had never visited her. Linda, Henry and Shan had all came.
'Amanda must really hate me', Tara thought out loud.

'welcome home my sweet', Jordan said and planted a kiss on her lips. She came awake immediately.
'oh, I can't believe I slept through the whole afternoon'
'Don't worry Tara, you are pregnant, sleep your head off'
She giggled and kissed him all over his face. She tried unbuttoning his white shirt.
'No Tara', He told her tenderly.
'No? But why?'
'you are weak. You need to get better'
she laughed and went again for his buttorn.
'Tara, the doctor said no intimacy for now. It won't be good for either you or the fetus'
'Are you sure? He told me no such thing'
'well, he told me'
'what else did he tell you Jordan? What caused my miscarage?'
'Tara guess what? Shan will start school soon'
'Jordan, don't you dare change the topic of discussion. Now tell me'
'Jordan gazed at her. She deserved to know the truth.
'someone poisoned you with a pill that induced miscarage'
'How and when?' Tara asked in amazement.
Jordan hastily filled her in on everything. He told her investigations were going on. But who would want to do that? Tara thought deeply. If it were at home, she would have suspected Amanda-but come to think of, didn't Amanda began work that day?
'when did Amanda began working?'
'The same day you were hospitalized. Why ask?'
Tara remembered she saw Amanda at the architect sector. She tried to think hard. Only one person who knew her very well and was sure it belongs to her would do Amanda!
'you've got to be kidding me'
Tara left the bed. Jordan stased at her.
'are you okay?'
'I'm not okay, Amanda tried to kill me'
'No Tara, Amanda won't do that'
Tara didn't wait for him to finish. She angrily stormed bare footed to Amanda's room. Tara didn't knock, she found Amanda in a bathing robe. Tara didn't wait to think. She just acted. She jumped and slapped Amanda twice, hard across her face. Amanda was shocked, she rised her hands to slap Tara back but she quickly step aside.
'you little brat, how dare you', Amanda spite out

5 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
You guys should manage this, i had a very hectic day but i had to make an update. Stunningjudy, pardon me. I will make it up to you guys tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
Finall,I can now sleep peacefully...tnx tiff

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2014
Jordan came into the room. He looked angrily at his wife.
'Tara get back to the room. Don't let me repeat myself'
'No Jordan, she tried to kill me and caused me to have a miscarage'
'She won't do that Tara. Please stop making a scene, apologize to her lets go'
Tara further astonished Jordan by bursting into tears.
'Jordan, why would you say that? This woman here...'
'pocket whatever you have to say and walk with the little dignity you have left out of this place'
'I won't go, Amanda, if anythings happens to me, you will pay'
'Get out of my room and never come back', Amanda told them in anger.
Jordan looked angrily at Tara. The girl was too stubborn. He forcefully picked a kicking and tearfull Tara back to their room. He locked the door and inserted the key in his pocket.
'Tara, I know you are hurt and looking for someone to blame, but please, we agreed to stay away from Amanda. Didn't we?'
'Jordan, I know what I am saying', Tara told him in tears.
'No you don't. Please Tara, for the love of God, there are people working on this. Isn't your health important to you?'
Tara ignored him and continued crying. Jordan gave up, he went into the bathroom and had a shower then climbed the bed beside her. She readily went into his arms and finally went into a deep sleep.

Amanda couldn't sleep. Jordan's mother had told her over the phone that Tara was still pregnant. How could that brat be so stubborn?
'Tara dared to slap me. You wait and see, even you won't survive your next miscarage. I will see to it that you have a painful death', Amanda quietly vowed.
She couldn't deny that Tara suprised her. That little brat was smart. She had added two and two together and found the culprit. Something Jordan and the dectatives had been trying to do. It was a good thing Jordan doesn't suspect me. The next time I strike Tara won't live to tell the tale. And so, Amanda began to carefully lay down another plan.
'I hate you Tara, I can't even bear to see you breath in. You must stop breathing'

Jordan looked at his sleeping wife. He wasn't happy with her at all. She had caused a scene last evening. Amanda was new to the company as of the time everything happened. She definately didn't even know his office. Even if she did, Amanda was not a killer. Sh might have done so many things in her life but Jordan was sure that murder was not involved. She felt his stare on her and opend her eyes.
'Gondmorning sweet'
'morning, dear husband'
'Tara, we need to talk'
'Okay'
'Amanda won't try to hurt you. Please grow up and don't embarass yourself again'
'I know what I am saying, please investigate her'
'You are being unreasonable Tara'
'Jordan, Amanda failed. If you know her type, you can tell that she will keep trying until she finally succeed'
'what are you insinuating?'
'I am in danger. Amanda won't rest until she kills me. Please, rent an apartment for us. Lets leave this place and return only when she finally left'
'I'm runing late, you need to sleep and stop talking nonsense'
'I'm not talking nonsense, please, think about what I just told you'
Jordan left the bed and went into the bathroom. She listened to him bath. He emerged within five minutes and began getting ready for work.
'Jordan?'
'Tara, I won't ever leave this house. I was born and rised here. This is the only home i have. Please don't get me offended'
'but Jordan, I...'
'shush love. You need to rest', He bent and kissed her lips.
'I will order the cook to bring up something for you'.
He picked his briefcase and system, then hastily left the room. Tara stared after him. She needed to start making her own plans.

5 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 9:35am On Oct 14, 2014
Oliver wants some more....
Re: The Reluctant Bride by stunningjudy(f): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2014
grin tiffanyJ

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2014
'Tara, please grow up and stop blaming poor Amanda for the miscarage', Jordan snapped at her.
'please, I know what I'm saying. Just investigate her'
'Tara, for a good week now, you have been nagging Amanda's name. Are you this jobless? Don't worry, in less than six months, you will be put to bed after which, I will make sure you go back to school. That way, you won't be jobless and start fabricating stories'
Tara turned her back to him and promised herself for the hundredth time never to bring up Amanda's issue again. She switched off her bedside lamp.
'hey, are you actually turning your back to me?', she ignored him. 'Damn you Tara'
He left the bed, put on a pair of jean trouser and a T-shirt then walked out of the room. Tara heard him drove out of the house. She glanced at the clock. The time was 10: 15pm. She refused to let Jordan make her cry. She finally dozed off.

she came awake by 1:40am. Jordan was still not back. Her head hurts, her back hurts as well. Tara picked her phone to call Jordan but decided against it. It had rained earlia. The weather was a bit cold. She was tasty and needed some water. She opened the frigde for a bottle water.
'oh no', Tara exclaimed to herself.
The water was very chilled and Dr Joel had emphasized she stayed away from that. Tara opened the door to her room. She was going to get some water downstairs.
Although, she had done nothing, she felt tired and worned out. She wondered if she would make it downstairs. She decended the staircase slowly and quietly. Suddenly, it seemed like someone was behind her. Tara nearly had an attack because of fright. She quickly made to turn and see if she was only imagining that someone was behind her. A hand forcefully pushed her. Tara found herself falling. She screamed with all the strength she had left.

He needed to tame his stubborn wife. She hardly listen to him and did only what pleased her. Jordan was drunk and he didn't want to go home to Tara. She nagged too often these days. He went to see Jenny. She used to be one of his favourite women before he met Tara. She was tall, plumb and dark. Above all, she understood him and knew when he needed to talk or not. He had helped her secured a job and had since been his mistress. He knocked at the door, she opened and stared at Tordan in shock.
'Come in'
Jordan clumsily entered the apartment. She quietly led him to the bedroom, removed his shoes and went to his shirt.
'you can't imagine how much I missed you and how long I have been waiting for this day'
She kissed him and went for the buckle of his trousers. Jorden went into a deep slumber leaving a frustrated Jenny. His phone rang, she had never picked his call and she didn't pick this one.
'Sleep love, you look tired. It seems that little wife of yours is giving you a hard time'
Jenny said and laid her head on his broad chest. She too, soon joined him in sleep.

'What news do you have on Tara?', Kelvin asked Austin, his informer.
'It seems she has nothing called a social life. She is always indoors except sometimes going for her anti-natal checkup. Well, her pregnancy is really giving her a hell of a work. She had been admitted at the hospital twice already. This morning, my men told me she had also been rushed to the hospital'
'Have you found out yet who tried to have her killed?'
'No sir, my most capable men are working on it'
'Austin, you know who that girl is. Nothing must happen to her. You have a week to produce the person that hurt her. I will personally destroy that person, whoever he is'
'Yes sir, I will come up with the culprit sir'
'Good, now continue monitoring Tara and Jordan. Left to me, I want them divorce but for now, lets see what fate has in store for them.
Tara is yet to know who she really is and time is not by our side', kelvin told Austin.

He woke up with a headache. He checked the time.
'Oh my God! Its already past ten and I've got a meeting to attend by 11am'
Jenny smiled up at him.
'my love, you are your own boss. I have already called in ill at my working place. Lets spend the day together'
Jordan looked at her. He saw his beautiful Tjara. No, Tara was the one person he wished to spend the day with. He took his phone and realised he had missed over thirty calls. He viewed his call history. Tara, Henry and Dr. Gad! Something was not right. The phone rang immediately. It was Henry.
'Hello?'
'where the hell are you man? Tara fell off the stairs early this morning, she has been admitted again'
'What?', Jordan tremblemed.
'you have alot to account for Jordan', Henry said before ending the call.
'Love, please stay', Jenny pouted.
'I'm sorry Jenny. My wife had an accident, duty calls'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2014
missviva:
Oliver wants some more....
you just got it ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2014
Tnx ma'am....keep it coming

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Onemansquad(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
I blame jordan for all what tara is pasing tru

2 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by olufummy02(f): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Cant believe this is happening to Tara... Amanda,your days are numbered

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by stunningjudy(f): 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
Onemansquad:
I blame jordan for all what tara is pasing tru
Yeah, i see no reason why he can't rent a house. A grown man living with his parents. Tara has really seen hell

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by okeoghene4real(f): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
The end of Amanda is definitely near. Amanda, kevin's eye is on you.
Pele Tara ,nemesis will soon caught up wit Amanda

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by AmJane(f): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
well done op. More updates please. what a great work you are doing here.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Yeahme06(f): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Jordan is dense, darft, and dull

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by folake25(f): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
eh me am scared o. amanda if ah catch you ehn

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by stunningjudy(f): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
TiffanyJ i tot i saw u viewing this page just now, why is there now update na? Diaris god o
Re: The Reluctant Bride by jader: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
OMG I dey fear for Amanda o cuz If Jordan catch u. u don die finish

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
Henry and doctor Joel were having a discussion outside Tara's room. Joel was telling Henry that Tara was very upset and needed to calm down when Jordan appearead at the hallway. Henry only took a look at Jordan's appearance, knowing Jordan as Henry did, no one needed to tell him that he had spent the night in the arms of a woman. He walked out on Joel and matched towards Jordan, then punched him, twice on the nose.
'ushh, what is the meaning of this, Henry?'
'Are you actually asking me?'
'I won't fight you Henry, but I assure you, I won't forget this', Henry laughed bitterly.
'As if I care'
'How is Tara. I need to see her'
'where the hell were you?'
Jordan kept mute.
'Come to think of it Henry, are you actually blaming me for Tara's fall?'
'Who the hell should I blame? If you were sleeping by her side, she wouldn't have to walk the stairs in search of water to drink. You would have done that for her', Jordan ignored Henry.
'Look here Jordan, if you think I will sit around and watch you treat Tara the way you like then my friend, you are wrong'
'okay', was Jordan's only remark.
'Look at the time. Its already past 11am. Tara was rushed down here around 2am. Where were you?'
Jordan simply walked past Henry. He was definately in a foul mood.
'who were you with?'
Henry followed Jordan who turned and gave him a punch on the nose.
'I don't answer to you, Henry'
'Really? We shall see about that', the two men glared at eachother
joel had been watching the show in facination. It was a wonder these two didn't cause a stir.
'Dr, I'm I allowed to see my wife or not?'
'your wife has been asking for you. She's quite upset so I gave her something to make her sleep, she should be awake by now'
Jordan turned the knob and pushed it inside. He found Tara lying on her back.
'Tara, I'm really sorry for everything', He said and bent to kiss her lips.
'where were you Jordan? I have been asking after you and never knew when I doze off'
'you see, sweetheart, I'm actually em, you see I...I', jordan didn't know what to tell her.
'Tara, he has an emergency at the office. His phone had been in silent he never heard our call', Henry boldly lied. Tara knew her brother just lied but she said nothing.
'I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you out with water. I'm sorry you slipped off'
Tara burst into tears.
'I didn't slip Jordan, someone pushed me. Amanda pushed me'
'shush, Amanda won't do that. Don't worry I know you detest hospitals, we will soon go home'
'I'm not going back to that house. Please Jordan, rent an apartment. I am begging you, don't take me back there', Tara sobbed her heart out.
When Jordan remained quite, she turned to her brother.
'Henry, please talk to him. I will do anything he wants me to do, I just don't want to stay under the same roof with Amanda'
'Tara, I'm really sorry but you have to listen to Jordan, He is your husband and I believe that house is safe for you', Henry told his crying sister. Joel signalled to Jordan to tell her yes.
'Okay Tara, I will do just what you want but I need you to calm down', He told her to calm her down.
'Thank you Jordan', she said, innocently.
' mr Nicholas, I need to talk with you in my office'
The three men walked out from the room.
'Thank you man', Jordan told Henry.
'Thank me not, I didn't lie to Tara for you. I did it so that she wouldn't be hurt anymore than she already is'
'Thanks anyway', Jordan murmured.
They walked to dr. Joel's office

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by jader: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
tanx aunt Tiffany. more ink to ur pen
Re: The Reluctant Bride by temicares(f): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
this story is amazing I rejoined naira land so that I can comment.good work

2 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
u ar 2 much dearie tanx alot 4 d update mua
Re: The Reluctant Bride by bumzel89(f): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
This is the best on NL. God bless you Tiffany.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by missviva(f): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Jordan ‎​you re such a disgrace 2 "husbandhood....keep it coming sweetie

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Supremor(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
This is getting more fascinating well done and God bless aunty Tiffany but please warn Amanda to leave my Tara alone o
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Chubbiehills(f): 2:12am On Oct 15, 2014
Neva tot it wil gat my atension dis much,luvly works.pls continue,decent roamnce story ever read hre..aplaud 2u

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
ayozainy:
[color=#000099][/color] Thanks 4 d update TiffanyJ buh pls try 2 make it longer, d suspense is killing. Av read Henry nd Linda's story (A man to call her own), a nice work, KUDOS!!!
thank you ma, for reading my work. Updates will later. I am so glad you read Linda and Henry's story
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yeahme06:
*kisses* u r a queen Tiff
I luv d story
thank you ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
pheranmyy:
u ar 2 much swity
thanks, alot dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

First Night / Bukky Alakara / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.