Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,049 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Opinion About Married Nigerians - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Opinion About Married Nigerians (1781 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / About Married Women And Male Friends / Whats Responsible About Married Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
So sorry if this will look like generalization, but this is my humble opinion about married people. Things contained here are what I personally see happen among married people,that doesn't mean it will apply to you.
THE WIVES
1) Tends to love and give attention to her kids more than husband; I dnt know why this should be, but its true. This reminds me of when my sister and her husband came for visitation with their little baby girl, I cnt recall how many times she kept on telling her husband not to let the kid fall despite the fact that he was carrying the baby o? A good wife should know how to balance the love between her husband and her baby. She knows the husband first and they both own the child.
2) Some have sex only for making babies; maybe the married men here can attest to it. I have heard enough of 'I will close my vagina for him as soon as am through with having kids' shocked this doesn't make sense at all, I once read in a news paper where a married woman said she only has sex with her hubby for baby making. If Ɣ☺u r in this category pls dnt complain of adultery from ur husband's side kiss
3) Speaking ill of your husband to your kids; please stop if Ɣ☺u r among those turning father's against their kids. No wonder a 14year old boy in my street almost killed his father with cutlass just because of a minor fight between his parents. My mum does this too, but thank God I have a good nature I would have done something bad to him. Dnt tell them about how Ɣ☺u were the one that payed the school fee, how he didn't pay for your Ghana braids grin some even tell the kids how the dad wanted them to abort the baby in the first instance cheesy
4) lack of appreciation; one thing mum has taughtme is to learn to appreciate. Ɣ☺u fail to appreciate him because Ɣ☺u think its his duty to pay for school fee? Pay the house rents? Feed you and the kids? Yeah, its his duty but a little appreciation does wonder sometimes. Learn to say 'thank you' after he must have payed the school fee and every other FEE. Just know that some men are out there who doesn't do up to half of what he's doing smiley
African culture has it that the man is the head of the family, so no sane African woman should get married if she doesn't see a man being her head. cool
5) manipulation of pregnancy: some wives feel bitter when their husband says 2-3 Kidd is enough, they go as far as manipulating the sex and getting themselves pregnant. An average last born in a typical family is as a result of manipulated pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by greatgod2012(f): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB: So sorry if this will look like generalization, but this is my humble opinion about married people. Things contained here are what I personally see happen among married people,that doesn't mean it will apply to you.
THE WIVES
1) Tends to love and give attention to her kids more than husband; I dnt know why this should be, but its true. This reminds me of when my sister and her husband came for visitation with their little baby girl, I cnt recall how many times she kept on telling her husband not to let the kid fall despite the fact that he was carrying the baby o? A good wife should know how to balance the love between her husband and her baby. She knows the husband first and they both own the child.
2) Some have sex only for making babies; maybe the married men here can attest to it. I have heard enough of 'I will close my vagina for him as soon as am through with having kids' shocked this doesn't make sense at all, I once read in a news paper where a married woman said she only has sex with her hubby for baby making. If Ɣ☺u r in this category pls dnt complain of adultery from ur husband's side kiss
3) Speaking ill of your husband to your kids; please stop if Ɣ☺u r among those turning father's against their kids. No wonder a 14year old boy in my street almost killed his father with cutlass just because of a minor fight between his parents. My mum does this too, but thank God I have a good nature I would have done something bad to him. Dnt tell them about how Ɣ☺u were the one that payed the school fee, how he didn't pay for your Ghana braids grin some even tell the kids how the dad wanted them to abort the baby in the first instance cheesy
4) lack of appreciation; one thing mum has taughtme is to learn to appreciate. Ɣ☺u fail to appreciate him because Ɣ☺u think its his duty to pay for school fee? Pay the house rents? Feed you and the kids? Yeah, its his duty but a little appreciation does wonder sometimes. Learn to say 'thank you' after he must have payed the school fee and every other FEE. Just know that some men are out there who doesn't do up to half of what he's doing smiley
African culture has it that the man is the head of the family, so no sane African woman should get married if she doesn't see a man being her head. cool

and what aboutTHE HUSBANDS
Or are they not part of the married Nigerians
Or probably, WIVES are only the evil married Nigerians and HUSBANDS are the angels/saints in Nigeria marriages

Wives don suffer...........

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ahn ahn? Is that all??

Was waiting for THE HUSBANDS points.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
HUSBANDS
1) Cheating on their wives almost after marriage; some of them won't even wait till after honeymoon before that ;Dthe most excuse I have heard is 'I didn't know I would meet someone like u' or 'I dnt love her enough' :Dthis isn't good enough, even in churches, it happens. Looking for fresh blood to neutalize urs when Ɣ☺u have a lovely wife at home.
2) Beating and insulting wife in kids presence; even if Ɣ☺u dnt have kids yet it doesn't speak well of a man beating his wife not to talk of Doin that in the kids presence. It makes them hate Ɣ☺u, infact it might lead to insecurity because they won't feel safe being with Ɣ☺u if that should continue.
3) Not taking family responsibility; dnt start a family if Ɣ☺u know you cnt maintain one. This might be common among the average citizen who finds it difficult to pay the kids school fees. Lack of miney is one of the cause of prostitution among teenagers.
4) Preferability of one kid to the other; you see a father cling to a kid more than the other, yes! It happens and this is due to preference, no mother will live one kid to the other. This can lead to problems among the kids later in the future.
Source:

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
greatgod2012:

Or probably, WIVES are only the evil married Nigerians and HUSBANDS are the angels/saints in Nigeria marriages

Lol. God bless the good wives.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB: So sorry if this will look like generalization, but this is my humble opinion about married people. Things contained here are what I personally see happen among married people,that doesn't mean it will apply to you.
THE WIVES

You are right.my wife is a good wife she is doing very good in appreciating and is making me to do more
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Ariyke: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
Its now balance
cheesy
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Tallesty1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
This op is making alota sense.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Kanwulia: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Another 'masculinity-whiny' thread!

DEAR AFRICAN MEN. . .YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! DEAL WITH IT!
If you give love. . . you will get love.
IF YOU TREAT MARRIAGE AS A MEANS OF SOCIAL RECOGNITION. . . YOU WILL GET THE SAME! kiss

The children will ALWAYS COME FIRST. . . EVEN BEFORE MARRIAGE! We will always use YOU to get them. . . .and dump you afterwards! kiss

*next topic please*

5 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Kanwulia: Another 'masculinity-whiny' thread!

IF YOU TREAT MARRIAGE AS A MEANS OF SOCIAL RECOGNITION. . . YOU WILL GET THE SAME! kiss

The children will ALWAYS COME FIRST. . . EVEN BEFORE MARRIAGE! We will always use YOU to get them. . . .and dump you afterwards! kiss

*next topic please*
Seriously? Anyways am not yet married, but I will try to balance the two.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
azuson:

You are right.my wife is a good wife she is doing very good in appreciating and is making me to do more
Congrat. How m I even sure Ɣ☺u r a married man grin
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
I tire o.all this raving winnings, what's it all about. undecided

anyway op I agree with you on everything except don't say negative stuffs to your kids about their dad . even the Bible says the righteous are as bold as a lion. If your character is good or worthy of emulation as a father, why should you be bothered or afraid of your wife speaking ill about you to them. Hunnn? No answer abi? undecided

it is only men who knows their ways are not clean get pained by that. Is it not good for the kids to KNOW THE KIND OF FATHER THEY HAVE, GOOD OR BAD AND KNOW HIS CAPABILITIES undecided

in like manner if your ways are good, she will say pleasant things about you. It's the men who have attitude defects especially in fatherhood that should check themselves if they are SO PAINED ABOUT WHAT THEIR MOMS TELL THEM CONCERNING THEIR DAD.PERIOD! undecided
greatgod2012:

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Kanwulia: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB:
Seriously? Anyways am not yet married, but I will try to balance the two.

We are waiting. . . .patiently for that 'almighty' balance! kiss
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
The most surprising thing to me now is that most teenagers no longer feel the loss or absence of their fathers. Some of my friends have lost their dads and from my point of view they show no remorse unlike when its the mother. Parents should please try to unite ur family o! It won't be good if ur child is happiest each time Ɣ☺u travel, especially the dads. Stp being a monster. I used to be very happy as a small girl each time dad says he is travelling. Tank God m grown up now smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
That is all. If wives are just status quo instruments, then kids will come first after all the purpose you married them was for kids, so what's with all this rantings of you people looking for women who will perpetually massage your ego as if you have esteem issues. Una ni dey taya after all you are the MEN NOT BABIES SO WHY SHOULD YOU EVEN BE COMPETING WITH BABIES FOR ATTENTION undecided

how does it appear to you? undecided

stoopeed abi? Yeah right undecided

*next topic please*
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: I tire o.all this raving winnings, what's it all about. undecided

anyway op I agree with you on everything except don't say negative stuffs to your kids about their dad . even the Bible says the righteous are as bold as a lion. If your character is good or worthy of emulation as a father, why should you be bothered or afraid of your wife speaking ill about you to them. Hunnn? No answer abi? undecided

it is only men who knows their ways are not clean get pained by that. Is it not good for the kids to KNOW THE KIND OF FATHER THEY HAVE, GOOD OR BAD AND KNOW HIS CAPABILITIES undecided

in like manner if your ways are good, she will say pleasant things about you. It's the men who have attitude defects especially in fatherhood that should check themselves if they are SO PAINED ABOUT WHAT THEIR MOMS TELL THEM CONCERNING THEIR DAD.PERIOD! undecided
It still doesn't make sence speaking ill of ur husband to the kids. What good will it do you? Will the child stp the bad attitude in the father? Rather it builts hatred against the man. I know what m saying, there is nothing the man will do that the child will appreciate, only if God. Grant Ɣ☺u a good child.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by moststylish(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2014

The children will ALWAYS COME FIRST. . . EVEN BEFORE MARRIAGE! We will always use YOU to get them. . . .and dump you aft
see mentality smh
*next topic please*
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB:
It still doesn't make sence speaking ill of ur husband to the kids. What good will it do you? Will the child stp the bad attitude in the father? Rather it builts hatred against the man. I know what m saying, there is nothing the man will do that the child will appreciate, only if God. Grant Ɣ☺u a good child.
yes o.it will stop the bad attitude because when he is conscious that the mother is saying unpleasant things to his kids about how irresponsible their father is and how their father prefers to spend his money in the beer parlour and street ladies than on his kids, hr will start feeling ashamed that his kids a aware of his evil ways and that will force him to change for the better. In fact if he cannot change because of his wife he will change because of his kids because he won't want to appear in front of his kids that he has failed them. Those are the reasons o.

you cannot eat you cake and digest it.you can't be a father and still act irresponsible.stop letting all this men think they can be irresponsible or abandon every thing to the mother and when the child is some body tomorrow he will say that is my daughter. She took after me.let them know that he wasn't there for them.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by thorpido(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB,do you live in Mushin?

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by moststylish(m): 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
i don't really why u ladies ar just blasting the fathers.What about the mother who ar so stubborn,even wen their husbands
tell then not to join a particular organisaton they will still go ahead n join.loyalty in marriage is very important.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
In addition sef if you are doing the right thing you will always want your wife to talk about you to your kids because you know your ways are worthy of emulation and you are proud of your character. Moreover kids are not stopeed.they see things.if what their mom says always match with what they see, then, case closed. .....next

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
thorpido: OlamiB,do you live in Mushin?
Where is that supposed to be?
Ɣ☺u think all this happens in slums? I live in an estate, so?
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: In addition sef if you are doing the right thing you will always want your wife to talk about you to your kids because you know your ways are worthy of emulation and you are proud of your character. Moreover kids are not stopeed.they see things.if what their mom says always match with what they see, then, case closed. .....next
There are some things the children doesn't know.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: yes o.it will stop the bad attitude because when he is conscious that the mother is saying unpleasant things to his kids about how irresponsible their father is and how their father prefers to spend his money in the beer parlour and street ladies than on his kids, hr will start feeling ashamed that his kids a aware of his evil ways and that will force him to change for the better. In fact if he cannot change because of his wife he will change because of his kids because he won't want to appear in front of his kids that he has failed them. Those are the reasons o.

you cannot eat you cake and digest it.you can't be a father and still act irresponsible.stop letting all this men think they can be irresponsible or abandon every thing to the mother and when the child is some body tomorrow he will say that is my daughter. She took after me.let them know that he wasn't there for them.
In this Nigeria?
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by thorpido(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB:
Where is that supposed to be?
Ɣ☺u think all this happens in slums? I live in an estate, so?
Some of these places call themselves estate o.
Anyway,you said these things are your observation and it's from your environment I guess.
There were very isolated cases of these where I grew up.
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB:
There are some things the children doesn't know.
I don't understand what you mean
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
OlamiB:
In this Nigeria?
what does location have to do with that?
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Who's fault is that?
OlamiB: The most surprising thing to me now is that most teenagers no longer feel the loss or absence of their fathers. Some of my friends have lost their dads and from my point of view they show no remorse unlike when its the mother. Parents should please try to unite ur family o! It won't be good if ur child is happiest each time Ɣ☺u travel, especially the dads. Stp being a monster. I used to be very happy as a small girl each time dad says he is travelling. Tank God m grown up now smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
If a man is a good dad,he doesn't need his wife to launder his image to his kids.
And vice versa.
That speaking ill of the father is a moot point.
It's that simple. You can't bad mouth a parent who is up and doing. The kids can see things for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by SAMBARRY: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
cococandy: If a man is a good dad,he doesn't need his wife to launder his image to his kids.
And vice versa.
That speaking ill of the father is a moot point.
It's that simple. You can't bad mouth a parent who is up and doing. The kids can see things for themselves.
gbam.thats my point. You have nailed it

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by dammyjay93(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: My Opinion About Married Nigerians by beau49: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
There are somethings one needs to protect kids from, atleast until they reach a certain age. As kids they see things,agreed but atleast as a parent you should try to shield them from whatever bad behaviour the father or mother is exhibiting until they are matured enough to understand certain things and can handle it well. Whether or not we know it would in one way or the other affect them when their heads is filled how bad their parent(s) is from childhood. Let them worry about what kids worry about and keep serious issues till when they are grown and will be able to grasp it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Man, Can You Do This? / What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? / Wife Refuses To Divorce Husband ‘we Had Sex Before Coming To Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.