Stats: 3,185,959 members, 7,927,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (884811 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
richard4ssky: Please I want to fine out without international passport is there any form of ID that I can use in writing the GRE exam with. Like company ID card or driver lances license.
International passport only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
richard4ssky: Please I want to fine out without international passport is there any form of ID that I can use in writing the GRE exam with. Like company ID card or driver lances license.
International passport and international passport only. (If and only if), necessary and sufficient condition by ETS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Slimmy05, Enugu has been a nice place in terms of weather. This place is quite cold. And i sleep so well. Electricity is steady. There are quite a number of foreigners here too. Chinese, Indians, Koreans and Japanese. I am not returning to overhyped Lagos or elsewhere soon. So those who are waiting for Joenice should continue to do so :-) Slimmy, you're currently in Lagos, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello, my brothers in the house...
Please I don't have an international passport for the GRE. Can I use national ID card for identification during my test?Is there any other identification besides the passport that is acceptable?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by fashbaba: 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
sirRiddy: Hello, my brothers in the house...
Please I don't have an international passport for the GRE. Can I use national ID card for identification during my test?Is there any other identification besides the passport that is acceptable?

Bros u have alternative to international passport. The alternative is international passport. In as much you remain a typical african,bros go get your international passport shap shap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
thanks bro. I better go procure one. Hope no one has a contrary opinion
fashbaba:

Bros u have alternative to international passport. The alternative is international passport. In as much you remain a typical african,bros go get your international passport shap shap.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello everyone,
Its not easy here o my people,am missing my families,nija food,my babe,almost everything.
This guys here ave to listen carefully before the can hear a word am saying.meeen,am just so sick now.
Pls ooo,how long can someone stay before getting married to a us citizen here o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
decreamaster: Hello everyone,
Its not easy here o my people,am missing my families,nija food,my babe,almost everything.
This guys here ave to listen carefully before the can hear a word am saying.meeen,am just so sick now.
Pls ooo,how long can someone stay before getting married to a us citizen here o.

Shoooo! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 29, 2014
Just like that?
Marriage na naija home video wey don dey take one week to do?
Bros...if na play, abeg stop am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=decreamaster]Bro,u miss ur babe?LoL,thats one thing i cut off some months ago,my ex dnt even knw i have a visa,dnt want some girl in naija disturbing my hustle and education.You'll be fine bro,meet frnds and make connects.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by eedrism: 4:38am On Sep 29, 2014
Hello Good people in the house..
Abeg oo i need una opinion from diff angles ooo concerning my problem abeg,My problem is i am a student of monroe college,this college have 2 campuses in Newyork one in Bronx and the other one in New Rochelle, and the 3rd one is in Saint Lucia in the Caribbean,and i am currently in the 3rd campus saint lucia,this place is just out of it which i cant live atall,NO work or nothing nothing all they do is collect money from us nothing nothing and i am planning to move out ASAP...So my question is i want to apply for a Student visa again and it have to be in the same school so i wont have to go back to nigeria to apply,because if am applying to another school different from monroe then i will have to go back to NIGERIA,but because Monroe college have branches in Newyork i have the opportunity to go for the visa interview here,But the school here are trying to HOLD us back,they dont want to give any of us a transfer letter or anything atall,so i am thinking if it is possible for me to contact the school myself in the state for transfer so they can send me I-20 and a transfer letter so i can have my I-20 and i will be able to go for my visa interview...pls you all should share your opinions pls....I really need your HELP !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by eedrism: 4:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Bro i should be heading the new york soon,am currently in saint lucia,i just want to transfer from here back to newyork same school Monroe collge,i dont like their lifestyle here and i cant continue to live heree again.

decreamaster: so no one for real in new york?
na only me wan waka come abi
there ris God sha

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 5:48am On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01: @Slimmy please remind me of that page where Bigfrancis explained how to convert cgpa to 4.0 scale..please you can help with the link of the page..I need it ASAP..Thanks

Check Part IV, page 255
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2014
Haha, you're so funny. You probably have a deep accent and Americans don't like it. Sorrry about that. Try to inculate oral English whenever you're talking and reduce your voice. Even here in Nigeria, some people mispronounced words like bird, they pronounced it as bed. And when you try to correct them, they shoot you down:-) Other words are Michael, water, sir, madame, come, and so on. Not to worry though, the more you stay in America, the more your pronunciation will automatically restructure. Also, make friends with native speakers. Apart from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and England. Though French Canadians are not native speakers. Stay cool bro :-)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2014
You can fall in love anything and get married. You know about "Things Fall Apart" or any latest fashion, right? Start up the convo with your classmates or classmates both male and female and you'll thank me later. I've given you a lot of tips on how to succeed:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Denvan: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2014
fashbaba:

What about Driver's License na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2014
sirRiddy: Hello, my brothers in the house...
International passports only. Except you get approval from ets to use national Id card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2014
Denvan:
Stop spamming the thread. Why being adamant. The only acceptable means is international passport. What else you want to hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Denvan:

Hian! They have already told you NO alternative. Go and get an international passport jare!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2014
godG:

Shoooo! smiley
As in ehn. Naija no dey carry last. The poor girl is there hoping that one day his obodo Oyibo bf will come for her. cry

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
Do you have an idea of how it goes...i want to convert 3.92 0n 5.0 scale to 4.0

Dude expect 3.48... - 3.49...
4.0 /5 = 3.5/4
sometning like that.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2014
lol, your accent must have been really thick

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2014
eedrism: Bro i should be heading the new york soon,am currently in saint lucia,i just want to transfer from here back to newyork same school Monroe collge,i dont like their lifestyle here and i cant continue to live heree again.

you mean ur coming to monroe college?is it cheaper and can u transfer inside a semester?I mean while the semester is going on,can one transfer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:48am On Sep 29, 2014
fashbaba:

Bros u have alternative to international passport. The alternative is international passport. In as much you remain a typical african,bros go get your international passport shap shkap.

BRO.. registered for the GRE with my phone .... and i didn't get to print the thank you page on the ets website. Apart from the passport would i be needing something to show that i paid for the test.

Guy hope say i neva jonze sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Denvan: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2014
slimmy05: Stop spamming the thread. Why being adamant. The only acceptable means is international passport. What else you want to hear
@Slimmy05, why are u so disrespectful!!! Is it a crime to ask question? And beside how foolish u may think smone question is, still try n be courteous.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Denvan:
@Slimmy05, why are u so disrespectful!!! Is it a crime to ask question? And beside how foolish u may think smone question is, still try n be courteous.
I think you should direct that question to yourself. How do you expect to ace the GRE exam when you can't understand a simple response - the only acceptable means is International Passport. You still went ahead asking if drivers licence is acceptable. Smh

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2014
dicapino:

BRO.. registered for the GRE with my phone .... and i didn't get to print the thank you page on the ets website. Apart from the passport would i be needing something to show that i paid for the test.

Guy hope say i neva jonze sha.
You will be sent a notification via email. You can print and go with it or better still login your details on their website and print out your confirmation.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2014
slimmy05: You will be sent a notification via email. You can print and go with it or better still login your details on their website and print out your confirmation.

Yeah I got the email thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Hello House,I'm 26yrs applying as an undergraduate,though I have a ND certicate and applied as a transfer student to 3universities and a college.I was accepted by 2uni and a college also which I have there I-20s already.One of the universities gave me a 2000dollars fund based on my academic performance. I was exempted from SAT and TOEFL which was clearly stated on my I-20 dat "The student has the required english proficiency"
I have a TOEFL result certifcate which I wrote in 2011.
My question is,
can I go to the embassy with the 2011 TOEFL result certifcate.
On my I-20s it states Family fund as sponsor,can I go to the embassy with my dad's company acct statement with his CAC,Tax Clearance and a sponsorship letter.
Please what is my chance...
Suggestions are needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Folarge06: Hello House,I'm 26yrs applying as an undergraduate,though I have a ND certicate and applied as a transfer student to 3universities and a college.I was accepted by 2uni and a college also which I have there I-20s already.One of the universities gave me a 2000dollars fund based on my academic performance. I was exempted from SAT and TOEFL which was clearly stated on my I-20 dat "The student has the required english proficiency"
My question is,
On my I-20s it states Family fund as sponsor,can I go to the embassy with my dad's company acct statement with his CAC,Tax Clearance and a sponsorship letter.
Suggestions are needed.
You really do not have issues in as much as you wrote TOEFL. Writing the SAT would have boosted your profile. Please, do not take community college I-20 to the embassy. Wish you the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2014
Folarge06: Hello House,I'm 26yrs applying as an undergraduate,though I have a ND certicate and applied as a transfer student to 3universities and a college.I was accepted by 2uni and a college also which I have there I-20s already.One of the universities gave me a 2000dollars fund based on my academic performance. I was exempted from SAT and TOEFL which was clearly stated on my I-20 dat "The student has the required english proficiency"
My question is,
Suggestions are needed.

Get a letter from the university that says SAT was waived as well. I think you should be prepared to answer some tricky questions in relation with why you are transferring to another school. The toefl result is no longer valid but you can take it along though. Throw that community college i-20 away. Do these and spice it with God's grace, your chances will be as high as mt everest grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by orgasticdance: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2014
@ Honourable members how many lines/pages should a reco letter be? The ones i've been able to draft for my recommenders (I'm writing it for them haha) have been about half a page; looks scanty but i can't think of anyhting more to add about myself that won't verge on stretching the truth territory, even though everyone does that. My SOPs were spot on, and I'm applying to average ranked schools against spring so should that be a problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (502)

German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57