Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,959 members, 7,927,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (884806 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
Folarge06: Hello House,I'm 26yrs applying as an undergraduate,though I have a ND certicate and applied as a transfer student to 3universities and a college.I was accepted by 2uni and a college also which I have there I-20s already.One of the universities gave me a 2000dollars fund based on my academic performance. I was exempted from SAT and TOEFL which was clearly stated on my I-20 dat "The student has the required english proficiency"
I have a TOEFL result certifcate which I wrote in 2011.
My question is,
can I go to the embassy with the 2011 TOEFL result certifcate.
On my I-20s it states Family fund as sponsor,can I go to the embassy with my dad's company acct statement with his CAC,Tax Clearance and a sponsorship letter.
Please what is my chance...
Suggestions are needed.
TOEFL/IELTS certificate and scores are valid for maybe 5 years so i think you are ok. Visa office dont consider colleges,so i will advice u forget abt d choice of d college and choose btw d 2 universities that offered u admission.
Fast and pray (ask for God's help and luck).
Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Dot1 God bless you man..

Dot1:
Check Part IV, page 255
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
electronic:

Dude expect 3.48... - 3.49...
4.0 /5 = 3.5/4
sometning like that.

Hahahaha
See voodoo statistics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks bro ....i got 3.3179 im not sure if im right.

electronic:

Dude expect 3.48... - 3.49...
4.0 /5 = 3.5/4
sometning like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
@edib i got 3.317

ebdib:

Hahahaha
See voodoo statistics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
@edib i got 3.317

Until WES evaluates, your personal estimate remains what it is.....AN ESTIMATE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
My score doesnt require evaluation from WES..i just need to fill my cgpa on 4 00 scale that was why i asked about the conversion..

ebdib:

Until WES evaluates, your personal estimate remains what it is.....AN ESTIMATE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
slimmy05: I really cannot remember and I can't start digging. Bigfrancis21, kindly assist with the website for CGPA conversion to US 4.0.

Maybe you guys should try this site foreigncredits.com to get rough calculation but it will be close to the real calculation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
Do you have an idea of how it goes...i want to convert 3.92 0n 5.0 scale to 4.0
#

Use this site foreigncredits.com or check the attachment to get rough calculation but it will be close to the real calculation...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
sirRiddy: Hello, my brothers in the house...
Please I don't have an international passport for the GRE. Can I use national ID card for identification during my test?Is there any other identification besides the passport that is acceptable?

richard4ssky: Please I want to fine out without international passport is there any form of ID that I can use in writing the GRE exam with. Like company ID card or driver lances license.

I suggest both of you should go and apply for International passport and you will get it less than 48hours

If you are serious pm me so that i can give you details/contact of Immigration staff in Alausa section of NIS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by markenson: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello house, can One use credit card details of someone in america to pay for sevis fee here in nigeria or it can only be done by the holder who reside in US?
Need better clarification on this pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
decreamaster: Hello everyone,
Its not easy here o my people,am missing my families,nija food,my babe,almost everything.
This guys here ave to listen carefully before the can hear a word am saying.meeen,am just so sick now.
Pls ooo,how long can someone stay before getting married to a us citizen here o.

According to law, i suggest you spend over 6 month before you do marriage with a citizen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
markenson: Hello house, can One use credit card details of someone in america to pay for sevis fee here in nigeria or it can only be done by the holder who reside in US?
Need better clarification on this pls.

Nigerians are not allow to pay sevis fee via credit card either home or away... grin grin grin

Make use of WU or MO...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by markenson: 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Walspring:

Nigerians are not allow to pay sevis fee via credit card either home or away... grin grin grin

Make use of WU or MO...
so unfortunate, However, can money order/ check be raised in US in favor of applicant in Nigeria?
thank you Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks bro i appreciate.

Walspring: #

Use this site foreigncredits.com or check the attachment to get rough calculation but it will be close to the real calculation...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by markenson: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
so unfortunate, However, can money order/ check be raised in US in favor of applicant in Nigeria for sevis fee payment?
thank you Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
markenson:
so unfortunate, However, can money order/ check be raised in US in favor of applicant in Nigeria?
thank you Walspring.

Yes of course but make sure you fill the form for coupon number, Attach and email it to the person so that it will be attach with your WU or MO payment because that is highly needed

In all lets give all thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
Thanks bro i appreciate.

Thanks to big capital GOD... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bro i swear i no get am ooooo...lol..na wetin he dey display be that though im pretty sure i am not on the right track..

Class Credits
or hours Grade US Grade GPA
1 41 3.34 F 0.00
2 45 3.33 F 0.00
3 39 3.83 F 0.00
4 21 3.92 F 0.00

Cumulative GPA: N/A

Walspring:

Thanks to big capital GOD... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Who is in Chicago ? My friend is arriving December but his school is opening January so he needs a nigga to stay with before school opens
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01: Bro i swear i no get am ooooo...lol..na wetin he dey display be that though im pretty sure i am not on the right track..

Class Credits
or hours Grade US Grade GPA
1 41 3.34 F 0.00
2 45 3.33 F 0.00
3 39 3.83 F 0.00
4 21 3.92 F 0.00

Cumulative GPA: N/A

This is how you will calculate it;

70 - 100 in Nigeria scale = A in US scale

60 - 69 in Nigeria scale = B+ in US scale

50 - 59 in Nigeria scale = B in US scale

45 - 49 in Nigeria scale = C+ in US scale

40 - 44 in Nigeria scale = C in US scale

0 - 39 in Nigeria scale = F in US scale

Use the bolded above to input your score or mark inside the scale (Just type number you score there)

Where you have credits or hours just write the credit unit of your course if its 1 or 2 or 3 and so on

Where you have number of rows, count all the course you wrote from year 1 to year 4 and if total is 70 type 70 inside the rows so that it will help you to add 70 rows for you..

I hope this will help you.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks boss..

Walspring:

This is how you will calculate it;

70 - 100 in Nigeria scale = A in US scale

60 - 69 in Nigeria scale = B+ in US scale

50 - 59 in Nigeria scale = B in US scale

45 - 49 in Nigeria scale = C+ in US scale

40 - 44 in Nigeria scale = C in US scale

0 - 39 in Nigeria scale = F in US scale

Use the bolded above to input your score or mark inside the scale (Just type number you score there)

Where you have credits or hours just write the credit unit of your course if its 1 or 2 or 3 and so on

Where you have number of rows, count all the course you wrote from year 1 to year 4 and if total is 70 type 70 inside the rows so that it will help you to add 70 rows for you..

I hope this will help you.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
Thanks boss..

Thanks to big capital GOD cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Just finished with the conversion and i got 3.28 close to 3.31 i got initially though foreign-credits B+ is 3.30 not 3.5 so i guess im still on the right track with my calculation..Thanks Boss,2 Indomie and 1 egg for you + Aboki fi ata si legbe..lol

Walspring:

Thanks to big capital GOD cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
What are the benefits and dis-benefits of Credit?

MsNas:
SSN
When you have an SSN you can do a lot of things
1. Apply for credit cards
2. You can file for your tax returns
3. Some benefits require an SSN before you can get them .

State ID
Well for me, I use it as a form of ID a lot. I use it in lieu of a Drivers license and it is accepted everywhere. Whenever I fly, I tender my State ID and not my passport cos I can't afford to lose my passport because of constant carrying about. You can use your state ID almost everywhere that requires a form of government issued ID.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
Just finished with the conversion and i got 3.28 close to 3.31 i got initially though foreign-credits B+ is 3.30 not 3.5 so i guess im still on the right track with my calculation..Thanks Boss,2 Indomie and 1 egg for you + Aboki fi ata si legbe..lol

Nice work done... Remember that should be your rough score or similar to what your US school conversion will be.... So you are still on the right track then..

Its a pity i dont eat indomie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jamicanlady: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
meskezzy:
TOEFL/IELTS certificate and scores are valid for maybe 5 years so i think you are ok. Visa office dont consider colleges,so i will advice u forget abt d choice of d college and choose btw d 2 universities that offered u admission.
Fast and pray (ask for God's help and luck).
Best of luck

Please he cant use that result.....TOEFL & IELTS results are valid for 2yrs.....GRE result is valid for 5yrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Actually my Prospective school doesnt require evaluation just trying to figure out what it looks like to get the conversion and also my chance of being admitted due to high applicant....I will bluetooth my fav food which is Black Amala to you...Your comments on here in a matured way and i think you should be a good example to other guys on here..please do not relent in helping the needy on here..I hail all of una wey dey help us for here most especially my very own Bigfrancis, his responses are quite impressive even more than what you could get from all those USA schools..No be hype oo but the truth.Respect to Joenice,Imperioxx,Repsin,my little friend Domexx and those that are not mentioned...Imperiouxx i hail thee for saving me fro using ************* i rest my case till that day im gonna echo it out.

Walspring:

Nice work done... Remember that should be your rough score or similar to what your US school conversion will be.... So you are still on the right track then..

Its a pity i dont eat indomie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
which school can someone of 27 years enroll into as an undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by eedrism: 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
decreamaster: you mean ur coming to monroe college?is it cheaper and can u transfer inside a semester?I mean while the semester is going on,can one transfer?

Yes am coming to monroe college,am already in saint lucia right now in the same school monroe college here so i am planning to transfer after this semester complete so i can fly down to NYC in january,so my question is it possible for me to get my I-20 for transfer before next semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please has any1 taken the GRE, how was ur experience nd which material did u use?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
cutelekush01:
@Dot1 God bless you man..

Amen. And you too

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (502)

German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.