Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,251 members, 7,910,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39698 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ElziLaz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and the ecology, was a Roman Catholic saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did. Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-importance. Serious illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolized his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ubenedictus(m): 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Olamilekan08:
I'm not still convinced with this version of the story. Galileo nko what happen in his own case?

you can read it up

copernicus died peacefully, he wasn't tried in court or in the inquisition, nor was he convicted.

Copernicus had a pretty peaceful life, he published his work and at the time he did the church didn't disturb him.

You can read it up.
Copernicus presented his thought as it was at the time i.e as a scientific hypothesis... The church at that time tried to keep theology away from science.

But remember that was also the time of martin luther of germany, king henry of england not to mention calvin and a host of others, this political situation made the church very "observant" of the train of thought around.

Now talking about galileo...
During the time of galileo there were about 4 different hypothesis on the shape of the earth and the movement of the celestial bodies...none of the different models were condemned by the church because the church kept away from experimental science.

Galileo believed that the earth was a spherical because his telescope showed him that other planets were spherical, but unfortunately it was hard for him to prove that the planets revolved around the sun...much of his arguments were heavily flawed. And since aristotle it has been decided that if the planent moved around the sun then it should be detectable from the stars...(the equipment in those days couldn't detect this)

galileo actually published his work... But while some commended him Some priest condemned it, after showing his science was flawed they went on to quote scriptures....

Galileo responded and instead of limiting himself to science he went into theology and tried to use theology to explain his scientific thought (that was what got him into trouble. If it was just science the church had no business with him , but now it was theology and that means he could be tried for heresy.)

He was warned not to teach his thought as facts but the pope then was a friend of galileo and he gave him permission to write another book, but he should present argument for two different systems in the book, in the book galileo indirectly insulted the pope.

That was what caused his problem, after insulting the pope everybody was out for him and they dug up his former book and his previous warning and they they showed that his new book didn't really present two argument for the two system but that it was exactly like the former one.

He was charged for "suspected heresy", he recanted and was sentence to house arrest in his private residence.

He could recieved visitor, continue his other experiments and all, but he was not to leave his residence unless with permission.

That was what happened to galileo...he could only be condemned because he was discussing theology, copernicus on the other hand was never disturbed.

Years laters after better equipment were invented, it was shown that many "proofs" galileo presented were false but the copernicus theory he held was correct.

Galileo died many years later after making great discovery in mechanics.
You can read it up yourself
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by cassyrooy(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Is there a mistake? Kindly point it out. Thanks
Not a clue! Just noting the point made.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
ElziLaz: St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and the ecology, was a Roman Catholic saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did. Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-importance. Serious illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolized his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.

Thanks a lot for contributing.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
cassyrooy: Not a clue! Just noting the point made.

Ok. cheesy
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by buka35(m): 2:45am On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad

who cares what you belief... Abeg park well
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by buka35(m): 2:49am On Aug 26, 2014
Sermwell: Its all lies!!

which school did you even attend...? Read book - No
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

Well done! Indeed ur stupidity knows no bounds. What has all this ur sophistry and straw-man argument got to do with d thread or d person u quoted? At d end of d day, u're only arguing with urself, so d burden of whatever u're trying 2 prove lies on u. I'm sure catholics would agree with pretty much of what u said but ur clogged biased oversaby mindset makes u want 2 talk n argue nonsense.

Emmalot121: No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.

Lmao! Indeed I can see ur "knowledge" from ur post. So na u get knowledge while d billion plus catholics lack knowledge. Mr na-me-and-my-church-get-knowledge-pass make I clap 4 u:
Kpa kpa, kpa kpa kpa, kpa!!!

Indeed u're d self-righteous pharisee here. Now get ur conceited ass and #GTFOH

Oh Lord! When some nairalanders go begin reason well na

Nice topic OP. Threads like dis are good to dispel d urban myth that religion is diametrically opposed to reasoning and science when in actual sense, they go hand in hand. No offense but I think u should edit d first post, its kind of disorganized.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Chigold101: is this what u call sience & religion going together? His teaching removed GOD from the picture of creation... Evil teaching
And ur source would be? Why do u say so? Surely u have a reason. Can't wait to read it
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Emmalot121(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2014
declaro:

[size=28pt]So you didn't believe that Jesus Christ is God and was not created. John 1:1 continue.[/size]
I agree with you that Jesus was not made but verse two says: He was in the beginning with God i.e He is not God and he himself called Himself the Son of God and not God. He was humble enough to come through a mortal Mary (his earthly mother) even as nothing including Mary was made without Him.Jesus can eaisily see himself as God and rebel against him just as lucifer rebelled and took a lot of Angels with him,but he remains loyal to him.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2014
CzarChris: Younglady, Martin Luther was born 10 Nov. 1483 and ordained a Catholic priest in 1507 and he died on the 18 of Feb 1546, he was a monk, priest, theologian and professor. He is seen as the father of the Lutheran church and the Protestant Movement.
There's something called Google and Google is your friend girl, don't just use your phone/internet access for chating, pinging and facebooking.
Educate yourself! SMDH 4 u.

I anticipated dis post. I knew u'd quickly reel off martin luther's biography as if we dont alredy know. ITK. So in a list of catholic priests dat changed d world, u're xpecting 2 c martin luther wen we all know he was a heretic who denounced d church and apostasized from d church of Rome. I believe u undastand where d OP's coming from, so its freaking ridiculous to include martin luther in dat list; unless of course u just mentioned it 2 sound smart or 4 d sake of argument. So much 4 ur "intellectual grandiosity". Mr na-me-sabi-use-google-pass-to-educate-myself.
Na u no dey use ur fone 2 ping, facebuk and chat. Oya go use am collect money 4 bank.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Dikemaria(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad
God made Mary his worthy mother,She was made fitting for the purpose.and Mary cooperated with that Grace. just as the scriptures attest in 2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Dikemaria(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: I agree with you that Jesus was not made but verse two says: He was in the beginning with God i.e He is not God and he himself called Himself the Son of God and not God. He was humble enough to come through a mortal Mary (his earthly mother) even as nothing including Mary was made without Him.Jesus can eaisily see himself as God and rebel against him just as lucifer rebelled and took a lot of Angels with him,but he remains loyal to him.
Heretic! how you dare uu say Jesus isn't God?
Isaiah 9:6 6 - For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.
John 20:27-28 - Then he saith to Thomas: Put in thy finger hither, and see my hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing.

28 - Thomas answered, and said to him: My Lord, and my God.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Na wa o! I really don't understand y a topic about catholic clergymen who changed d world should turn into catholic bashing and argument about Mary.
So much anti-catholic venom....hahahahahaha!

Na wa 4 pple sha! I don't wanna believe its a protestant thing...I'd rather believe its an evil that lies deep in human nature. Instead of using a thread like this in arguments with atheists (since atheists always claim dat religious men are ignorant and unscientific), they'd rather bash their fellow christians. No wonder atheists will always look at some of u christians as misguided and over-religious brainless robots.
If d topic angers u because u're a non-catholic/protestant, den y not open a thread about non-catholics/protestants who changed d world?
For some of u protestants here, if d topic was about muslims/buddhists/hindus who've affected d world in one way or d oda, would u start unwarranted attacks because u're not a muslim/buddhist/hindu?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CzarChris(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

I anticipated dis post. I knew u'd quickly reel off martin luther's biography as if we dont alredy know. ITK. So in a list of catholic priests dat changed d world, u're xpecting 2 c martin luther wen we all know he was a heretic who denounced d church and apostasized from d church of Rome. I believe u undastand where d OP's coming from, so its freaking ridiculous to include martin luther in dat list; unless of course u just mentioned it 2 sound smart or 4 d sake of argument. So much 4 ur "intellectual grandiosity". Mr na-me-sabi-use-google-pass-to-educate-myself.
Na u no dey use ur fone 2 ping, facebuk and chat. Oya go use am collect money 4 bank.
Well, from the way you sound its clear you like to pick a fight when the truth stirs you in the face as a defence mechanism, but the truth remains that Martin Luther was not a heretic, but an inquisitive mind that refused to accept a system already in place that put the pope in the place of God, buying indulgences to ask for forgiveness of sin, confessing to man rather than God of your sins. So these reforms makes him a heretic abi? Then your head needs to be checked.

In my post, I never insulted the Catholic church, but you will never deny the fact that his questions changed the way of view/practice of Christianity worldwide. So did he not change the world as a Catholic priest?

Well, as for my use of google and the internet to educate myself, I also have a personal library which is particularly one of the things that gives me an edge in life and as per financial resources, let me just say I ain't your mate.

I'm seriously trying to avoid an e-fight here, but quote/mention me again, and you'll wish you where never born.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by cyborg1(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sermwell: Its all lies!!
Just because you hate catholicism, right?
It implies that heaven will not contain you and catholics then.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by declaro(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: I agree with you that Jesus was not made but verse two says: He was in the beginning with God i.e He is not God and he himself called Himself the Son of God and not God. He was humble enough to come through a mortal Mary (his earthly mother) even as nothing including Mary was made without Him.Jesus can eaisily see himself as God and rebel against him just as lucifer rebelled and took a lot of Angels with him,but he remains loyal to him.

In John 1:1 (1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.).
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Emmalot121(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
declaro:

In John 1:1 (1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.).
I agree.Read this two links http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/mary_worship.htm
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Emmalot121(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
declaro:

[size=28pt]So you didn't believe that Jesus Christ is God and was not created. John 1:1 continue.[/size]
I believe in the trinity but you will agree with me that though they are one but Father(God) is greater than the two remaining as God sent Jesus to the world and he has sent the Holy Spirit to our midst shows he has power over the remaining members.It is written in John 14 verse 28 "You have heard Me say to you,I am going away and coming back to you.'If you loved Me,you would rejoice because I said,I am going to the Father,'for My Father is GREATER than I.
Verse 26 says 'But the helper,the Holy Spirit,whom the Father will send IN MY NAME(Holy Spirit taking the name of Jesus Christ exhibits interwoveness),He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.Same can be found of Jesus in John 3verse 16.
This shows the Father(God)at the pivotal of things,sending Jesus and Holy Spirit to the world while He remains in Heaven.But because the three coexist,it is save to call the Father the Son and vice versa or call God the Holy Spirit to exhibit their interwoveness,though Jesus has categorically put it out plainly that the Father is greater than He.Looking forward to reading from you.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by oaroloye(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
The only important one there is IGNATIUS deLOYOLA.

The Jesuit Order was founded to protect Roman Catholic interests in general, and the Power of the Pope in particular.

The Pope had him summoned to give an account for himself- FOR HIS LIFE.

If he did not like what he heard, the Pope was going to execute him!

This was the sort of people the Roman Catholics were at that time, and have always been.

When Will Blackthorne Adams landed on Japan in 1600, he found that the Jesuits had been entrenched there for about 70 years!

Please go down to your movie rental, or your bookshop, and find the movie and novel: SHOGUN, by James Clavell.

They- the Jesuit Priesthood- tried to have the first Englishman to reach Japan executed by crucifixion, on the accusation that he was a Pirate.

The film did not make it clear until near the end, but the novel tells us from the beginning, that these accusations were more like an understatement! This fellow made Abubakar Shekau look like a Jehovah's Witness selling WATCHTOWER! This was representative of the ANGLICAN Church.

There was no Good-Guy vs Bad Guy in that movie, but Bad Guy vs. Bad Guy.

About five years before Blackthorne arrives in Japan, their government just uncovered a plot by the Roman Catholic Church to invade Japan, overthrow, colonize, and enslave its people, just as they had done in the Americas. The plan failed, and 26 Scapegoats were executed.

These 26 Martyrs are very important to Japanese Culture. They are probably comparable to the 47 Ronin, which is to the Japanese like the story of Jesus and the Twelve Apostles. If you want to understand the Japanese, you must include that story among your studies.

Yet, this factum of history was not included in the movie (and I watched the EIGHT-HOUR version)!

The Jesuits obviously lied their butts off, and basically got away with attempted mass-murder- and then this idiot Englishman came along, and told them about THE TREATY OF ZARAGOSSA! They thought that he was lying!

He was looking at summary execution, until the Abbot in resident confirmed his allegation: that the nice Portuguese they thought were their allies actually regarded them as property!

Unless you see the movie for yourself, and study the history as I have, you would probably never understand why this is so important.

To summarize the entire problem:

The Jesuits have allegedly been expelled from every country in Europe.

I find that hard to believe- because Italy is their headquarters. How could they have been expelled from Italy?

The reason being is that the Jesuits are treacherous seditionists, who work behind scenes to alter the course of history, by undermining governments, toppling heads of State, and setting brother against brother. The greatest example of that is the American Civil War, and the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and the Second World War, which was a bid to turn the entire World Roman Catholic- wiping out all other versions of Christianity by force.

To participate in this war, the Jesuit Order educated the Japanese in Western Technology, so that they were a match for the Americans, who had gotten out of control.

The Protocols of Zion document, purported to be the minutes of a top level meeting of the Illuminati, operating out of Freemasonry by about 1897, says, that if any nation refuses to yield to their control:

"...we will respond with the Guns of America, or the Guns of China, or the Guns of Japan!"

They were confident that they would always be able to control at least one of those entities, to do their dirty work.

Here then is the part that concerns you and me:

The Jesuits of Ignatius deLoyola educated Japan, so that it was equal to the most advanced European countries.

WHY DID THAT NOT HAPPEN IN AFRICA?

What resources- intellectual, material, or whatever, do the graduates of Roman Catholic Schools in Nigeria lack, that they could not turn Nigeria in particular, and Africa in general, into a technological paradise?

Why, for instance, are there no Roman Catholic Engineers building Power Stations to supply Electric Power to every State, City, Town, and Hamlet? What is it that they do not know, that they cannot do this for us?

I say, that the only tenable explanation is that they were ordered by their popes never to do so.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Well done! Indeed ur stupidity knows no bounds. What has all this ur sophistry and straw-man argument got to do with d thread or d person u quoted? At d end of d day, u're only arguing with urself, so d burden of whatever u're trying 2 prove lies on u. I'm sure catholics would agree with pretty much of what u said but ur clogged biased oversaby mindset makes u want 2 talk n argue nonsense.

Lmao! Indeed I can see ur "knowledge" from ur post. So na u get knowledge while d billion plus catholics lack knowledge. Mr na-me-and-my-church-get-knowledge-pass make I clap 4 u:
Kpa kpa, kpa kpa kpa, kpa!!!

Indeed u're d self-righteous pharisee here. Now get ur conceited ass and #GTFOH

Oh Lord! When some nairalanders go begin reason well na

Nice topic OP. Threads like dis are good to dispel d urban myth that religion is diametrically opposed to reasoning and science when in actual sense, they go hand in hand. No offense but I think u should edit d first post, its kind of disorganized.

Thanks. Which part do you want me to edit.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ubenedictus(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2014
oaroloye: The only important one there is IGNATIUS deLOYOLA.

The Jesuit Order was founded to protect Roman Catholic interests in general, and the Power of the Pope in particular.

This was the sort of people the Roman Catholics were at that time, and have always been.

When Will Blackthorne Adams landed on Japan in 1600, he found that the Jesuits had been entrenched there for about 70 years!

Please go down to your movie rental, or your bookshop, and find the movie and novel: SHOGUN, by James Clavell.

They- the Jesuit Priesthood- tried to have the first Englishman to reach Japan executed by crucifixion, on the accusation that he was a Pirate.

The film did not make it clear until near the end, but the novel tells us from the beginning, that these accusations were more like an understatement! This fellow made Abubakar Shekau look like a Jehovah's Witness selling WATCHTOWER! This was representative of the ANGLICAN Church.

About five years before Blackthorne arrives in Japan, their government just uncovered a plot by the Roman Catholic Church to invade Japan, overthrow, colonize, and enslave its people, just as they had done in the Americas. The plan failed, and 26 Scapegoats were executed.

These 26 Martyrs are very important to Japanese Culture. They are probably comparable to the 47 Ronin, which is to the Japanese like the story of Jesus and the Twelve Apostles. If you want to understand the Japanese, you must include that story among your studies.

Yet, this factum of history was not included in the movie (and I watched the EIGHT-HOUR version)!

The Jesuits obviously lied their butts off, and basically got away with attempted mass-murder- and then this idiot Englishman came along, and told them about THE TREATY OF ZARAGOSSA! They thought that he was lying!

He was looking at summary execution, until the Abbot in resident confirmed his allegation: that the nice Portuguese they thought were their allies actually regarded them as property!

Unless you see the movie for yourself, and study the history as I have, you would probably never understand why this is so important.

I find that hard to believe- because Italy is their headquarters. How could they have been expelled from Italy?

The reason being is that the Jesuits are treacherous seditionists, who work behind scenes to alter the course of history, by undermining governments, toppling heads of State, and setting brother against brother. The greatest example of that is the American Civil War, and the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and the Second World War, which was a bid to turn the entire World Roman Catholic- wiping out all other versions of Christianity by force.

To participate in this war, the Jesuit Order educated the Japanese in Western Technology, so that they were a match for the Americans, who had gotten out of control.

The Protocols of Zion document, purported to be the minutes of a top level meeting of the Illuminati, operating out of Freemasonry by about 1897, says, that if any nation refuses to yield to their control:

"...we will respond with the Guns of America, or the Guns of China, or the Guns of Japan!"

They were confident that they would always be able to control at least one of those entities, to do their dirty work.

The Jesuits of Ignatius deLoyola educated Japan, so that it was equal to the most advanced European countries.

What resources- intellectual, material, or whatever, do the graduates of Roman Catholic Schools in Nigeria lack, that they could not turn Nigeria in particular, and Africa in general, into a technological paradise?

Why, for instance, are there no Roman Catholic Engineers building Power Stations to supply Electric Power to every State, City, Town, and Hamlet? What is it that they do not know, that they cannot do this for us?

I say, that the only tenable explanation is that they were ordered by their popes never to do so.

sorry dear, the story you just told is a very heavy dose of fiction.

Tell us facts and leave the fiction.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
CzarChris: Well, from the way you sound its clear you like to pick a fight when the truth stirs you in the face as a defence mechanism
Defense mechanism against what? Lemme guess, ballistic missiles?

CzarChris: but the truth remains that Martin Luther was not a heretic

Relative to d Catholic Church system, he was a heretic. If u rebel/apostasize against a system, den relative 2 dat system, u're a rebel/heretic (doh u might be a hero/freedom fighter 2 odas).

CzarChris: but an inquisitive mind that refused to accept a system already in place that put the pope in the place of God, buying indulgences to ask for forgiveness of sin, confessing to man rather than God of your sins. So these reforms makes him a heretic abi?

*In kermit d frog's voice* Dats none of my business.
Ur rants are purely subjective beliefs and I'm sure there're a lot of pple who hav d strength 2 argue about dose topics or I advise u take d issues up with catholic theologians/apologists.
I dnt give a shiiit abt wat or not u beliv but as far as logical reasoning goes, it is imbecilic 2 include martin luther in a list of catholic priests dat changed d world.

CzarChris: Then your head needs to be checked.

Really?

CzarChris: In my post, I never insulted the Catholic church,

Did I say u did?

CzarChris: but you will never deny the fact that his questions changed the way of view/practice of Christianity worldwide. So did he not change the world as a Catholic priest?

More subjective rants

CzarChris: Well, as for my use of google and the internet to educate myself, I also have a personal library which is particularly one of the things that gives me an edge in life and as per financial resources,

Kpa kpa......kpa kpa kpa.....Kpa!!! See? I just clapped for u. If u like use google or ur personal library take acquire money pass dangote, hw dat 1 take affect d bole wey I dey eat right now? D fucckk I giv abt wat u do with google is d same as d fucckk given by a celibate eunuch: NONE

But statements like dis:
CzarChris: There's something called Google and Google is your friend girl, don't just use your phone/internet access for chating, pinging and facebooking.
Educate yourself! SMDH 4 u.
makes me wanna bitchhslap u cos of ur self-labelled “intellectual superior” na-me-sabi-use-google-pass mindset.

CzarChris: let me just say I ain't your mate.

Obviosly we aint. I can't n will neva be ur mate. Amen.

CzarChris: I'm seriously trying to avoid an e-fight here, but quote/mention me again, and you'll wish you where never born.

I'll wish I was neva born? Choooooi! I'm scared and shivering right now....infact I'll delete my NL acct, flush my fone down d toilet, change my name, quit my job and relocate 2 a remote village in afghanistan, and probably relocate 2 pluto because of ur threat. *sips henessy*

Finally, if it'll make u sleep beta at nite, den u can create ur own thread of catholic priests who've had impact on d world and den put martin luther as number 1 on d list. Bye!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
oaroloye: The only important one there is IGNATIUS deLOYOLA.

stop watch too much fiction

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / 2022 Prophecies By Dr. D.K Olukoya (Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries) / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.