Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,099 members, 7,890,620 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:05 PM

Salute To Our Troops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salute To Our Troops (1764 Views)

Army Alerts Nigerians On Firing Of 21 Gun Salute For Presidential Inauguration / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salute To Our Troops by activatenigeria: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
No nation, the world over, has ever achieved peace, prosperity without its troops sacrificing their lives to guarantee the territorial integrity of the nation and ensuring the safety, security of lives and properties of its nationals across the country. That is what the Nigerian Armed Forces and the various arms of our security agencies have done since the birth of the nation 100 years ago. They have been tested and proven to be among the best in the African continent and beyond, especially as evidenced by the international encomiums heaped on our troops’ performance in several international peacekeeping operations.

In recent years, our troops’ resolve to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria and keep the nation ONE has been tested, especially, by the insurgent group, Boko Haram, which has been responsible for the death of thousands of innocent citizens and destruction of property and rendering many Nigerians homeless. However, our security agencies have not shirked their responsibilities in laying down their lives to defeat the insurgents. According to the immediate past Chief of the Amy Staff, Lt-Gen Azubuike Ihejirika (retired), there is no Senatorial Zone that has not lost a soldier in the fight against the insurgents. The death of one security agent leaves behind grieving wife or wives, children, grandparents, siblings and hordes of relatives in mourning. Yet, they are not deterred. They lay down their lives so that we all, the non-combatants, live in safety and enjoy our freedom and liberty. Courageously, our security agents keep fighting manfully onward to defeat the insurgents, and to secure our territorial integrity.

In recent weeks, our security agencies have recorded many laudable and commendable achievements in the fight against insurgency. They have recaptured of Daboa community which was initially attacked and taken over by Boko haram and combating the terrorist in Gwoza community which the insurgents had captured earlier. The security agents have also stormed one of the biggest hide outs of boko haram where many members of the sect where apprehended including a man who is described is the chief butcher Zakari Mohammed Ardo. The latest among many is that security sources in Kano confided in Vanguard that the JTF raided a hideout of suspected terrorist in Kano metropolis August 4th and arrested 6 persons that included two ladies of secondary school age suspected to be suicide bombers.

The military have blocked avenues of financing for the activities of Boko Haram while putting in place structures to deal with our current threats. This has included the establishment of a Counterterrorism Centre and securing collaborations with key stakeholders. National Counter Terrorism Strategy (NACTEST) has also been developed according to the National security Adviser to the President (NSA) Col. Dasuki Sambo in a summit held in Harvard University United States.

Expectedly, this is the deserved honour of security agencies. There is a saying that honour should be given to whom honour is due. In that light, Nigerians are advised as a matter of necessity to encourage the security agencies and also commend them on the effort made so far to bring to an end the terrorist Group Boko Haram. That is the only way they can be encouraged by Nigerian rather than resorting to criticism of these brave men to enable them safely rescue not only the abducted chibok girls, but all those held in captivity. We urge all Nigerians to also support the families of the soldiers and other security officers who are paying far more prizes for our collective safety.
While we sympathise with grieving wives and families of the troops both those dead and those in the war front, we urge them to understand that that this is a call to duty and service to the nation which they undertook when they join the army.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salute To Our Troops by Isiterere(m): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
. The labor of our Hero's past
Shall not be in vain

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by Rikidony(m): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
God bless the galant soldiers

7 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by seankafor(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
u will c people dat havnt sacrificed a dime in ds country criticizing the nigeria army..smehow

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by komekn(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
No doubt WHATSOEVER our soldiers are brave almost blindly brave paying the price daily without REWARD, but lets not just say it but do it I beg plsssssss #please equip our boys
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
The pple that mostly criticize the nigeria troops on nairaland are yorubas. Very few yoruba pple are in the military as combatants.

4 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by komekn(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Austin4lif: The pple that mostly criticize the nigeria troops on nairaland are yorubas. Very few yoruba pple are in the military as combatants.

I am not Yoruba and I'm not Hausa or Ibo and I CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITICISE the NA

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

I am not Yoruba and I'm not Hausa or Ibo and I CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITICISE the NA
then if u are a man go and join the army, I stay in a boko haram area and I kn that the battle is nt easy. Have u seen a boko haram member b4? Have u seen were bomb exploded? Have you send 100 dead bodies b4? Have u seen or witness any gun battle and u are caught in the web or in the middle? Don't be an electronic warrior, go and join the arm forces.

5 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by 4Play(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Are Nigerian soldiers such delicate beings they can't withstand criticism?

2 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by Raxz(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Our troops making us proud. We love u NA.

Mean while

VOTE GEJ 4 2015

5 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Keep saluting until boko haram gets to ur doorstep and cut off ur head !

2 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by vedd: 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
I have loved, admired and praised the Nigerian military right from childhood. But all that waned off when i started seeing them beat, maltreat and molest innocent civilians and news of them running away in their battles against Boko Haram.

Bring Back The Glory!

2 Likes

Re: Salute To Our Troops by komekn(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: then if u are a man go and join the army, I stay in a boko haram area and I kn that the battle is nt easy. Have u seen a boko haram member b4? Have u seen were bomb exploded? Have you send 100 dead bodies b4? Have u seen or witness any gun battle and u are caught in the web or in the middle? Don't be an electronic warrior, go and join the arm forces.

I didn't take up the offer to join the NA that doesn't mean I did not join another, and I have seen a lot more across the globe than you can imagine.

I know FOOLS die easy but wise brave honourable men DIE HARD.

I also know war is a lot easier with the right infrastructural support and equipment otherwise many good men die easily and that is what's happening in the NE.
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Toaskarity: Keep saluting until boko haram gets to ur doorstep and cut off ur head !
lmfao cheesy
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: The pple that mostly criticize the nigeria troops on nairaland are yorubas. Very few yoruba pple are in the military as combatants.
i hate it wen pple typ witout fact to back it up,ao do u know we hav few yorubas as combatant in d military,i can bet my moni u r a igbo guy,hav u been to nigeria navy barrack,we hav alot of yoruba in d navy too,i do go to 177 batallion odoguyan barracks,,,d hausa hav more pple in d army dan yorubas,afta hausa,yorubas r d next guy

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
i hate it wen pple typ witout fact to back it up,ao do u know we hav few yorubas as combatant in d military,i can bet my moni u r a igbo guy,hav u been to nigeria navy barrack,we hav alot of yoruba in d navy too,i do go to 177 batallion odoguyan barracks,,,d hausa hav more pple in d army dan yorubas,afta hausa,yorubas r next
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: i hate it wen pple typ witout fact to back it up,ao do u know we hav few yorubas as combatant in d military,i can bet my moni u r a igbo guy,hav u been to nigeria navy barrack,we hav alot of yoruba in d navy too,i do go to 177 batallion odoguyan barracks,,,d hausa hav more pple in d army dan yorubas,afta hausa,yorubas r d next guy
can u compare a naval personnel with a full battalion soldier? Do u know who is a battalion soldier? As mopol is to police that is hw battalion is to the army. The 7th battalion in maiduguri are mainly combat soldiers from the south east and south south extractions. Yoruba. Pple are nt mind enough to go zaria NA depot. Many yoruba pple are enlisting now like any other tribe becos no work in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: can u compare a naval personnel with a full battalion soldier? Do u know who is a battalion soldier? As mopol is to police that is hw battalion is to the army. The 7th battalion in maiduguri are mainly combat soldiers from the south east and south south extractions. Yoruba. Pple are nt mind enough to go zaria NA depot. Many yoruba pple are enlisting now like any other tribe becos no work in nigeria.
gush,did u went to secondary skul at all,were u thought history or govt in secondary skul,were u thought abt d oyo empire,,yoruba's were d majority in of 3rd marine commando,,,show me a link dat says we hav more igbos enlistin dan yorubas in d nigerian army....n pls xplain wot u meant by "can you compare a naval personnel with a full battalion"
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: gush,did u went to secondary skul at all,were u thought history or govt in secondary skul,were u thought abt d oyo empire,,yoruba's were d majority in of 3rd marine commando,,,show me a link dat says we hav more igbos enlistin dan yorubas in d nigerian army....n pls xplain wot u meant by "can you compare a naval personnel with a full battalion"
never in history was I thought that yoruba people are warriors? Navy and army all have different formations in Nigeria. Navy are nt fully engaged in combatant operations on land there major beat is to protect the territorial waters. If you must know, war and battles is mainly fought on land nt on sea. You can never compare the training of depot zaria and that of the navy. By the way, how many military base and barracks have u been to in Nigeria? Have u been to kaduna, the home of the military?

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by docsholz(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Must everything in this section go tribal

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: never in history was I thought that yoruba people are warriors? Navy and army all have different formations in Nigeria. Navy are nt fully engaged in combatant operations on land there major beat is to protect the territorial waters. If you must know, war and battles is mainly fought on land nt on sea. You can never compare the training of depot zaria and that of the navy. By the way, how many military base and barracks have u been to in Nigeria? Have u been to kaduna, the home of the military?
well u should go n learn more at d old oyo kingdom,we hav naval n airforce men dat do fought on land,a country cant win a war wit dia land forces alone,dats one of d reason z very difficult for d nigerian army to defeat boko haram,americans hav a very strong airforce,dats y dey hav d upper hand against ISIS in iraq,,yea hav been to 1st mechanised division in kaduna,,if u hav strong land forces alone u cant win any war,,u need to also hav a strong airforce and navy,,,and am goin to say it again,we hav alot of yorubas as combatant in d military
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: never in history was I thought that yoruba people are warriors? Navy and army all have different formations in Nigeria. Navy are nt fully engaged in combatant operations on land there major beat is to protect the territorial waters. If you must know, war and battles is mainly fought on land nt on sea. You can never compare the training of depot zaria and that of the navy. By the way, how many military base and barracks have u been to in Nigeria? Have u been to kaduna, the home of the military?
n hope u know d JTF z made up of the Nigerian army,navy,airforce and police
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
n u havent shown me ur source o,cos i wont agree wit u,if u jst sit in ur huse n u keep sayin we hav few yorubas comatant in d army
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: n hope u know d JTF z made up of the Nigerian army,navy,airforce and police
the 7th battalion are mainly soldiers . Navy and airforce are nt rilly playing active role in the war. Bro if u must know I stay in such area were boko haram exist and operate very well. I will should be gisting u. Dnt stay in lagos and be making mouth.
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: the 7th battalion are mainly soldiers . Navy and airforce are nt rilly playing active role in the war. Bro if u must know I stay in such area were boko haram exist and operate very well. I will should be gisting u. Dnt stay in lagos and be making mouth.
plx i want u to point were i wrote dat,d 7th division z made up of army,navy and airforce in my post
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: plx i want u to point were i wrote dat,d 7th division z made up of army,navy and airforce in my post
the 7th battalion are the ones taking the war to boko haram door step. Airforce and others are only on check points.
Re: Salute To Our Troops by lagdmark(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
God bless the officers and men of the Army Navy Air force Police and civil defense corp serving the country.

1 Like

Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: the 7th battalion are the ones taking the war to boko haram door step. Airforce and others are only on check points.
guy am not tolkin abt 7th division or 7th battalion,,,am talkin abt jtf,,lik d ones we hav in jos n d niger delta,,,d jtf were d ones fightin boko haram in d north east,b4 d army took incharge of d whole area
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Austin4lif: 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: guy am not tolkin abt 7th division or 7th battalion,,,am talkin abt jtf,,lik d ones we hav in jos n d niger delta,,,d jtf were d ones fightin boko haram in d north east,b4 d army took incharge of d whole area
JTF are the ones still contending the boko haram menace but this tym around is only soldiers, Only from the newly 7th battalion formed by ikejirika. All other forces are mounting check points and help in patrols .
Re: Salute To Our Troops by hardywaltz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
I salute our cowardly Military men who pee in their pants any time Boko Haram is mentioned
But become fierce lions when faced with unarmed law abiding citizens.
Re: Salute To Our Troops by omololu2020(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austin4lif: JTF are the ones still contending the boko haram menace but this tym around is only soldiers, Only from the newly 7th battalion formed by ikejirika. All other forces are mounting check points and help in patrols .
guy luk i dont lik xchamgin words wit pple dat argue witout fact,,,,nigerian army n navy r d ones runnin tinz in d north east,,JTF has been disbanded in d north east,dia spokeman den was lt col sagir musa:.........7th infantry division maiduguri was created cos of boko haram,,borno state was under 3rd armoured division b4,but bcox of d distance n oda stuff lik dat,,,Ihejerika created 7th infantry division
Re: Salute To Our Troops by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 27, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New Bulletproof Cars For Sale For As Low As USD$110, 000 / A Must Read!!! Buhari: A Dark Man With A Dark Purpose by Julius Diamond / Esan North East LG Rally For PDP And Jonathan In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.