Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:35 PM

10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing (21301 Views)

Work Progressing @ Anambra 80mw Gas Powered Plant / Are We Progressing Or Retrogressing Under Buhari? / APC Accuses Jonathan Of Hindering Smooth Transition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nmeri17: 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Kanwulia:

Just like some omini impotent ritualist GOD will sacrifice their only bastard son for salvation of FIRST-CLASS imbecAIls! kissa

When a mad goat would prolly have done the trick! cheesy

So you consider a mad goat worthy to save you?? chai. maama yo situation consumes me with sorrow cry
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Kanwulia: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nmeri17:

So you consider a mad goat worthy to save you?? chai. maama yo situation consumes me with sorrow cry

I do not share the Christian faith. That was meant for those who believe. kiss
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Phame: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Aprime: 2. Corruption

Definition: By corruption, I'm referring to the dishonest or fraudulent conducts practice by those in power,

Overview: Ignoring the fact that Nigeria isn't among the most corrupt countries in the world, very few can stand otherwise. Rationally, 80% of Nigerians believe the country is corrupt and 90% of them are corrupt. Explosive cases of suspicious past corrupt practises include the 2010 election saga, James Ibori's looting saga, Abachi's saga, ASUU strike saga etcetera.
there is no corruption, we have ordinary stealing in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Phame: there is no corruption, we have ordinary stealing in nigeria.

It's still a part of corruption.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Incomplete...add pd
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by tobaflexy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
And hw can we free frm all dis in nija

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Ayobami97(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
donpope1:
Op all your points are invalid if you ain't adding the definition of these two problematic factors in Naija PDP(Cankerworm) and APC(supporter of APC) grin
An Ignorant!
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Pajames4all: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
what of the government and individuals

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
I agree with all your points but 1
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
THE SINS OF BUHARI WHO WE WANNA HAND OVER THE COUNTRY TO

According to IBB

'Regrettably, it turned out that Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was too rigid and uncompromising in his attitudes to issues of national significance. Efforts to make him understand that a diverse polity like Nigeria required recognition and appreciation of differences in both cultural and individual perceptions, only served to aggravate these attitudes.' (IBB's coup excerpts)

According to Buhari

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

According to NNPC

"The N2.8 Billion ‘Missing’ Oil Money"
N2.8 billion was allegedly missing from the NNPC in the military administration of General Obasanjo when General Buhari was the Minister for Petroleum.

According to Soyinka

He barred the ports and restricted number of luggage for checking currency smuggling etc during the currencychange. His ADC's father, Emir Jokolo senior was allowed to come in with 53 suitcases. The Customs officer in charge then rose to prominence after protesting and forcefully moved to another station... That is Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar

According to the Press

He banned all free press, jailed 'em and closed up their shops

According to Economists

He has goofed on every single question he has been asked concerning the Nigerian Economy and how to reform it.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Ayobami97(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
EdCure:
The retrogressive PDP is the main problem Nigerian has. Remove pdp from power, and 92% of Nigeria's problems will be solved.
Who should remove Pdp?
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Abduletudaye(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
OP you try..

Others, Sharap! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
tit:
The British are the only problem Nigeria is not working.
They cobbled up an unworkable contraption.
Just like they did with India. In India, the people quickly adjusted into India, pakistan and bangladesh(?).

But in Africa, all the European contraptions are still hobbled together.
First time you made sense but that was in August.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by EagleScribes: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
tit:
Just like they did with India. In India, the people quickly adjusted into India, pakistan and bangladesh(?).

Now that we know the problem, can we work out a solution? What is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by cocoduck: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
All of what you mentioned are merely the symptoms of the base problem, which is that Nigerians in general do not have a sense of nationalism, we are ever ready to fight kill and DIE for our tribes but always shy away from doing it for Nigeria. So what do we do to channel all the energy we dissipate for our various regions and tribes to the Nigerian dream? The one and only answer is TRUE FEDERALISM!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nmeri17: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kanwulia:

Just like some omini impotent ritualist GOD will sacrifice their only bastard son for salvation of FIRST-CLASS imbecAIls! kissa

When a mad goat would prolly have done the trick! cheesy

so u think a mad goat is able to save your soul?? what a pity cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
OP do you know the 10 factors you listed hindering Nigeria from progressing can be found in any country around the world? Even United State, British, France or China experience all what you listed. So don't make it look like Nigeria is a terrible nation. What matter is the mind set of you and i as a citizen of this great nation, which is the major problem this country have. People's greed for excess wealth, is the reason Nigeria look like a scam lolz

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Ayobami97(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
tit:

Resolving this doesn't affect an inch of Nigeria's problem.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by moneymustbemade(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
Well keep it up....buh tribalism and ethnicity are almost d same......dahz gud
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by clevvermind(m): 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nigeria have serious problem of leadership.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by thunder74(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
EdCure:
The retrogressive PDP is the main problem Nigerian has. Remove pdp from power, and 92% of Nigeria's problems will be solved.
And put who? APC I guess, the party that hosts 90% of former PDP members who were part of PDP 16 years rule?
For me once Naija Federal system is restructueed, other things will follow. Then, you will not hear again that I was being tried or denied this or that bc I am not from his religion or tribe.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by mencade4: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
man know man syndrome....op
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by datguru: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Quite true
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by olusolaj(m): 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Justcash:
My list includes;
1. APC
2. SAHARA REPORTERS
3. NORTHERN OLIGARCHY
4. SABOTEURS AMONGST CITIZENS
5. FEDERAL CHARACTER
6. POLITICS OF DESTRUCTIVE STRATEGY
7. TERRORISM AS A POLITICAL TOOL
8. CORRUPT SECURITY FORCES
9. FICTITIOUS UNITY AMONG NIGERIANS
10. OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND HIS CRONIES

Take away these ten factors and leave Nigeria as she is now, we would have moved way ahead in terms of development. They know it, they can't just let it happen for some reasons noted above.

You forgot to mention Tinubu, bukohari and thier desperation to acquire power

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Sylvarresta(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
Aprime:
2. Corruption

Definition: By corruption, I'm referring to the dishonest or fraudulent conducts practice by those in power,

Overview: Ignoring the fact that Nigeria isn't among the most corrupt countries in the world, very few can stand otherwise. Rationally, 80% of Nigerians believe the country is corrupt and 90% of them are corrupt. Explosive cases of suspicious past corrupt practises include the 2010 election saga, James Ibori's looting saga, Abachi's saga, ASUU strike saga etcetera.
dat one is ordinary stealing jawe

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by aniagoluaustin(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
corruption is d no. 1
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by GodMode: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Aprime:

Please educate me. You are free to add and explain.

Tribalism and ethnicity is not a problem its a solution..

Nigeria's disintegration is important for growth.

Nigeria was and will never be a "one language" country.
Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by holatin(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
Justcash:
My list includes;
1. APC
2. SAHARA REPORTERS
3. NORTHERN OLIGARCHY
4. SABOTEURS AMONGST CITIZENS
5. FEDERAL CHARACTER
6. POLITICS OF DESTRUCTIVE STRATEGY
7. TERRORISM AS A POLITICAL TOOL
8. CORRUPT SECURITY FORCES
9. FICTITIOUS UNITY AMONG NIGERIANS
10. OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND HIS CRONIES

Take away these ten factors and leave Nigeria as she is now, we would have moved way ahead in terms of development. They know it, they can't just let it happen for some reasons noted above.

wao even the person dat say stealing is not corruption don't make your list, the political party that is draining Nigeria Money tank too no dey there but anyone against ur Oga is an enemy of Nigeria.

I marvel at ur love for Nigeria

d last sentences is an Irony

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by holatin(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Aprime:

It's still a part of corruption.
but Jonathan sees stealing as another thing, dont tell me he is wrong.

STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.
hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing by Antell95(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects NASS’ Approval For Refund Of N488.7bn To States / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Sochi, Russia (Photos) / No More Congratulatory Messages For Bawa - EFCC Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.