Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,666 members, 7,885,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68506 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by noskybanj(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ofcos I used dat pot back den wen we visit d village. Mama used 2 call it "Ite Onya" everybody drinks from it, as a matter of fact it was fun using it as kids cos we dnt see such in d city. Bt now its used 2 store palm oil cos dey av gallons nd refrigerator already. Oooh, reminds me of my Home nd ma grandparents, may dia souls rest in peace
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by CEPHAS20: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ikoko or traditional fridge.lol
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by greall1: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
That is my fridge when I was serving in Yobe state

bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by kunletoks(m): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Always cold......
The bigger one with a small opening is called amu while d small one with a wide opening is called isasun.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Vanpascore(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
If you always drink from that, nothing like typhoid. Take it or leave it.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Vanpascore(m): 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
kunletoks: Always cold......
The bigger one with a small opening is called amu while d small one with a wide opening is called isasun.

You missed it. Isasun is cooking pot.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by LOZENGE(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Native refridgerator. ite mmiri. I remember back den wen dad nd granny were still alive, dey make us fetch water frm iyi and pour into d ite mmiri dia was no fridge in d hux den so each tym we visit villa it happens to b d holy source of cold water and we love it. D pot is stilk dia in d villa bt has nt been used fr long. I tink I will put it into use dis Christmas wink
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kai, my NYSC days in Gummi Zamfara State.
It was a staple in the corpers lodge. cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Shakwun
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DONFASZY(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
Its old sch refrigerator...i drank frm it... In d villa many yrs back n its always cold
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by dat9jaguy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!

'The water was always sweet,cold and refreshing' but u only drank once from it.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by IamAthens(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hahaahahaha. It was our deep freezer back then in JSS3 but unfortunately the girls in my class supported it with sand they got from where male goats were kept and the class couldn't stop smelling. Aside that, the water was refreshing.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by edaolaropin: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2014

hope am correct?

Oh yeah! I did!. As a corper in Bama, borno state. This wonderful piece of art and local science was our source of cool drinking water in a land of intense heat and extremely poor power supply.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tushborn: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote
author=jennykadry]My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I
visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold
and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village
kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got
used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time
there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet
and kind like her son my father. cheesy[/quote]
pls who ask u all this??
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Enoquin(f): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
It is called Abang in Akwa Ibom. My maternal grandmother has one but no longer uses it.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by piagetskinner(m): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
All these people that are passing 'BlaMe' on their grandma,na water dispenser 4 their house o. God is watching

Meanwhile, I'v never drank 4m it gringrin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by camanito(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from the pot when I went to visit my Grandma in the village. The water from that pot is always cold. The funniest thing is that a cup is always placed ontop the pot. I am missing my grandma, just can't wait to pass out October so I can go and visit them in the village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by ShakurM(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Its Physics really. Clay pot has tiny open pores.
It is also a bad conductor of heat.
The tiny pores helps in releasing heat to the surrounding .
When evaporation takes place,cooling occurs. #Science students understand better.
Don't fear your grandma. Fear physics.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2014

hope am correct?

I drank from this one when I lived with my Grandmother in Ijebu for about a year and previously when we visited as a child.

I'm certain that if tested that there would be organisms growing in it but we survived.

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by cpapa: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
If u hv drank frm dat pot say I if you hv not say nil the I serves it.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

I drank from this one when I lived with my Grandmother in Ijebu for about a year and previously when we visited as a child.

I'm certain that if tested that there would be organisms growing in it but we survived.

so you didnt see anything inside?

like mosquito larvae, etc?

you are indeed of the city.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by iriskiki(f): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

Abi o! Aje burrer grin grin cool cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
We need to understand the physics behind the cooled water from the water pot. Water sips through the body of the pot and then evaporates as it gains energy while the water inside looses energy and invariably cools. So interesting how our fore fathers enjoyed their lives by application of simple science.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
see all these kpako peeps in nl oo

gringringringrin

I've never drank from that only seen them in nollywood movies tongue
100% ajeh butter: P
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wow!

Can't forget drinking from this during my last visit to my grandparents' village some years back.

Aamu is naturally made refrigerator. cheesy cheesy grin

It's economical, affordable, durable and no power failure - Cold Water Availability of 24/7 GUARANTEED. cheesy cheesy grin

Mehn, I missed those days. embarassed

GrandPa & GrandMa Rest In Peace @ the bosom of the Jesus Christ, till we meet to path no more. cry cry cry
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

so you didnt see anything inside?

like mosquito larvae, etc?

you are indeed of the city.

Frankly I never looked and I have no memory of it being ever washed (it might have been but I wasn't aware of it).

All I know is no one died and all the Grandchild are alive and well.

City.NG is my business website. I am just but a humble village boy.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
you're not village if you have to wait for testing before you know of anything in the water.

anyway, hope our water supplies are safe?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
everyone claiming their grandma had one..
what happened to the grand pa(s)
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Ahmed0336(m): 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!
u drank once and the water is ALWAYS cold? Guy how many times u drink water from that pot?#confession time#
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kizmarty: everyone claiming their grandma had one..
what happened to the grand pa(s)

grandpas drank from the tap.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chibokgame:

what a great poem !
But you did not answer the question.
What do you call it in you dialects

The reason why many Nigerians are intellectually 'deficit'. Have YOU answered the question? cool
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1: you're not village if you have to wait for testing before you know of anything in the water.

anyway, hope our water supplies are safe?

Unfortunately you are not allowed to project your assumption on my reality. I am a village boy.

Where are you coming up with these "testing"?

I said I never looked in the pot and just drank like everybody else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / I Have Never Seen The Full unclothedness Of My Husband, Is This Right? / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.