Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,836 members, 7,848,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65896 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
I will PM her contact to u! It wouldn't be nice I gave out her contact publicly.

Ok thanks....will be expecting it sir
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
TCF1980:

Thanks Mark9. I was tempted to buy Clear Blue Digital but going through review online, I found out that it predicts wrongly sometimes reason being that the hormones can be triggered where as ovulation fails to occur. Maybe, is better one makes use of both the clear blue sticks while temping basally
Yea! These kits can't give 100% accuracy! There are bound to be flaws.

But you try the ovulation cycle method. If her/your menstrual cycle is average of 28days, then within 11th to 17th from the start of menstruation is the likely fertile period. That can be further closed up to 12th to 15th. Meaning coitus must be intensified within this period.
But if the menstrual cycle is 30days or below 28days, the ovulation would be 14days to the start of menstruation. Meaning 17th would be ovulation, while 13th to 19th would be the fertile period.

This so far is the best method!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by TCF1980(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
Yea! These kits can't give 100% accuracy! There are bound to be flaws.

But you try the ovulation cycle method. If her/your menstrual cycle is average of 28days, then within 11th to 17th from the start of menstruation is the likely fertile period. That can be further closed up to 12th to 15th. Meaning coitus must be intensified within this period.
But if the menstrual cycle is 30days or below 28days, the ovulation would be 14days to the start of menstruation. Meaning 17th would be ovulation, while 13th to 19th would be the fertile period.

This so far is the best method!

Thanks Marc9
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
TCF1980:

Thanks Marc9
U're welc! smiley
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Shegz4god(m): 3:39am On Oct 10, 2014
Marc9:
Metronidazole(flagyl) is the approved indication in the treatment of GI amoebiasis. Let him follow the MD's prescription, and he'll be fine! Tell him to take lots of fluid(say like 7up or sprit soft drink) to help replace the lost electrolyte he lost through diarrhoea.
Thanks they said flagyl does not kill the cyst and he needs a luminal drug to combine with flagyl and now he is in Nigeria . We can't get any drugs to combine.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Shegz4god:
Thanks they said flagyl does not kill the cyst and he needs a luminal drug to combine with flagyl and now he is in Nigeria . We can't get any drugs to combine.
Kindly consult the MD, he's in the right position to recommend/Rx a combined regimen. I'm not allowed to Rx online!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by STENON(f): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello Doctor Marc9, Thank you so much for the Great work that you are doing here.

Please I'v stopped takn fish for the past 15years ago, because I always Vomit anytime I take fish.
I decided to take jst a small fish on Sunday due to my roommate pressure, I vomited throughout that day, I'm always ashamed to tell people about this, because they always think that I belong to artificial Beings by not eatn fish.

Some said that If I dnt take fish, It will affect my Brain functioning, By God's Grace, I'm performing Great and excellently in my Academics,
some said It will affect Physical developmnt, I'm owkay physically.

My Problem now is that I dnt want to pass this stuff to my next Generations (children),I will stil marry a husband that cannt do without Fish.
Please I wish and I want to start eatn Fish without vommiting and disorderliness in my body systems.
Please How can you advice me on this, Please what Medical Prescription can you give me?
Thank you in anticipation sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
STENON:
Hello Doctor Marc9, Thank you so much for the Great work that you are doing here.

Please I'v stopped takn fish for the past 15years ago, because I always Vomit anytime I take fish.
I decided to take jst a small fish on Sunday due to my roommate pressure, I vomited throughout that day, I'm always ashamed to tell people about this, because they always think that I belong to artificial Beings by not eatn fish.

Some said that If I dnt take fish, It will affect my Brain functioning, By God's Grace, I'm performing Great and excellently in my Academics,
some said It will affect Physical developmnt, I'm owkay physically.

My Problem now is that I dnt want to pass this stuff to my next Generations (children),I will stil marry a husband that cannt do without Fish.
Please I wish and I want to start eatn Fish without vommiting and disorderliness in my body systems.
Please How can you advice me on this, Please what Medical Prescription can you give me?
Thank you in anticipation sir.
Whatever nutrients are found in fish, are found in other source of protein. So whether you eat fish or not, as long as you eat other source of protein like beef, chicken, crayfish, plant protein, you'll be as healthy physically and mentally as any other person that delights in fish.

Also, you shouldn't let pressure get to you. The thing about our kind of society is that no matter what you do, people would always find fault in it. If you don't eat fish, they'll call you 'eriel', and if you eat fish a lot, they'll call you 'poseidon'.
So, the only person you need listen to, or you need impress is YOU!

Again, your allergy to fish or fish smell is neurophysiological. It just happen that whenever you eat fish or perceive the smell, it incites a reaction that involves gastric reflux, nausea, and emesis(vomit).

Allergies are not transmissible to the next generation. My mother hates meat, but loves fish. For me, I eat everything eatable! Suya o! Point and kill o! Crayfish o! Kpomo o! Tinko o! Just name it. So you see, it's not transmissible.

There are some anti-allergic medications, but I'm not allowed to Rx P.O.M online, so you may need to see an MD in person for that.

Please, like how old are you?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by STENON(f): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote
author=Marc9 post=27051487] Whatever nutrients are found in fish, are
found in other source of protein. So whether you eat fish or not, as
long as you eat other source of protein like beef, chicken, crayfish,
plant protein, you'll be as healthy physically and mentally as any other
person that delights in fish.

Also, you shouldn't let pressure get to you. The thing about our kind of
society is that no matter what you do, people would always find fault
in it. If you don't eat fish, they'll call you 'eriel', and if you eat
fish a lot, they'll call you 'poseidon'.
So, the only person you need listen to, or you need impress is YOU!

Again, your allergy to fish or fish smell is neurophysiological. It just
happen that whenever you eat fish or perceive the smell, it incites a
reaction that involves gastric reflux, nausea, and emesis(vomit).

Allergies are not transmissible to the next generation. My mother hates
meat, but loves fish. For me, I eat everything eatable! Suya o! Point
and kill o! Crayfish o! Kpomo o! Tinko o! Just name it. So you see, it's
not transmissible.

There are some anti-allergic medications, but I'm not allowed to Rx
P.O.M online, so you may need to see an MD in person for that.

Please, like how old are you? [/quote] Thank you so Much Dr. Marc9, I really appreciate your effort in writting the above. May God continue to help you the more sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
STENON:
Thank you so Much Dr. Marc9, I really appreciate your effort in writting the above. May God continue to help you the more sir.
Amen! And may God give you a turn around to your fish hypersensitivity reaction. Don't worry, as you grow older, some physiological changes would happen, you'll likely start taking fish without any reaction.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
Postinor 1 or 2 is one OHC pills classified as emergency pills. The fact that it's readily available as OTC doesn't mean ladies should be so nonchalant in taking first preventive measure which is to abstain from sex*ual intercourse within their fertile period. The use of postinor should come into play when ladies fail to resist sex*ual advancement, and give in to sex within their fertile period.

But what saddens the most are cases of ladies who indulge in sex a day after menses and unwittingly take postinor unnecessarily. That to me is sheer ignorance. They barely understand the modality involve in conception.

I also had a case in which a lady who didn't want to take chances, took postinor every month for two years like it was vitamin C. She was later diagnosed with endometriosis.

Please ladies, it's very imperative you understand your menstruation, know your menstrual cycle, and insist on the use of barrier prophylaxis like condom if you know you're not ready to be called 'mama nkechi' !!

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by STENON(f): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote
author=Marc9 post=27057991] Amen! And may God give you a turn around to
your fish hypersensitivity reaction. Don't worry, as you grow older,
some physiological changes would happen, you'll likely start taking fish
without any reaction.[/quote]

Amen. and I also pray for that. Thank you so much sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 12, 2014
Alawokit:
Gud evening doctor,my own case is am AS nd all d guys av met so far re AS as well but d issues is a friend of mine told me pple don't follow dat AS must look for AA.she tld me there is an arrangement in hospital nw, do knw how true it.pls I need medical advice on dis,am due for marriage,u knw children re essentials in marriage I don't wnt to av SS.
Genotypic compactibility is quite important in marital decision. Bt it deals with probability. For a lady who is 'AS', the probability of her having 'SS' children(sickled cells) with an 'AS' partner is 1/4(0.25 or 25%). This doesn't mean if they both get married, one of the kids will or must surely be 'SS', or 'AS' or 'AA', as against what most people misconstrue. It all deals with probability, chances!

But because of the love we tend to have for our kids and how we want them to be healthy, and feel normal among their peers, we need mind how we risk bringing them to life. 'AS/AS' couple doesn't have 100% assurance of bearing healthy kids, they only have 75%, as against 'AS/AA' couple who has 100% assurance of bearing normal kids to life. 'AS/AS' couple has 25% risk, while 'AS/AA' couple has 0% risk of having sickle cell children.

Love surpasses everything. The love 'AS' couple might have for each other could actually make them take the risk. But then, the first consideration should be the love for the children to come!

In as much as we now have proper sickle cell management, it doesn't mean we should blindly or nonchalantly plunge into taking that risk. No matter how effective the management is, the kids might still be scarred psychologically.

Concerning whatever arrangement there is at the hospitals, I don't know about that. But I'll advise you try to look for an 'AA' partner, so that you'll have a restful, enjoyable, no hassle, no rushing to the hospital, and no regret family life. Always ask the guys you seem to size up as potential partner their genotype. But do that discreetly.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 12, 2014
Dobisyno:
Hello doctor

During intercourse, i hardly get wet or stimulated no matter d stimulation or i myt get wet but become so dry within a few mins and this is really hindering my sex life. Please wat could be the problem with me and how do i remedy it?
Some factors could be responsible, ranging from psychological, physiological, to methodological.

Psychological factor deals with your emotions, or state of mind during intercourse. Ladies who do not have feelings or strong feelings for the guys they have sex with, tend to experince 'xerocolposis(dry vag*na). But when strong feelings is involved, she feels relax, and experince vag*nal wetness while having sex.

Physiological factor deals with body function and constituents. There are hormones responsible for vag*nal wetness. Ladies with the right balance of those hormones experince vag*nal wetness readily, as against ladies who likely have not so balanced secretions. Estrogenic with androgenic hormones is responsible for vag*nal wetness. If these hormones are not optimally secreted, vag*nal dryness might not be feasible

Methodologically factor deals with sex*al knowledge and experince. The way it's done, or the method applied.
There are some sex styles that aid vag*nal wetness and cumming.

Other miscellaneous factors include the time at which the sex is done(likely during rush hours), and the place the sex is done. Of course you don't expect to get wet and maintain that wetness if you're having sex in an uncondusive settings like having sex in a car, or public restrooms, in cinemas and all!

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Lordavmercy:

Thanks marc9,I wil go for pelvic/abdo USS and get a good gynae. Hav had 3 good/regular hormonal profiles before ds 4th came out bad. Pls can I tell my doc.for hCG trigger injection?because am tired of hearing 'relax' every visit.
Ma'am, hCG trigger injection won't aid conception. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is an hormone released by the placenta after a successful implantation. So I don't see how hCG trigger injection would stimulate Ovulation, fertilization, and successful implantation.

But then, consult your Gynae, he knows what to do!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
evankelly123:
Doc marc9, hormonal drugs ,NO i am not on hormonal drug. had PID and the doctor gave me Doxycap tablet,and B complex. guess the reason was i took alcohol .does alcohol have effect on implantation because am kinda confused.thank u .wil buy the PT strip and check anyway
. Now there's a twist to this. You never mentioned earlier you have/had an Hx of PID, or an active case of PID.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is the most common pathological cause of infertility in women. Your inability to conceive is likely due to the PID, and perhaps, if you're an active drinker, that could also add to it.

The reason why your menses flowed ahead to schedule is because of the doxycycline(doxycap) you took. Hormonal pills and antibiotics affect the balance of hormone, and could either hasten menstruation, or delay it.

Ma'am, don't worry about the PT strip. I'll advise you go for HSG to ascertain the state of your tubes.

Also, PID treatment works effectively if combined regimens are used. You may need to remind you physician that there's one other antibiotic he needs to combine with the Doxycap, he'll remember.

One more thing,,,,,,,,,, Please keep away from alcohol for now!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
tchiwinnie:
@marc9, good job u re doing here. kp it up.
I think the arrangement @alawokit was referring to concerning AS/AS couples is amniocentesis
Thanks!

Well if what she meant by church arrangement was amniocentesis, then it's unlikely to happen. Amniocentesis would only be allowed in countries where medical/induced AB is legal.

Let's assume amniocentesis was done, blood sample was obtained successfully and the genotype of the foetus ascertained as 'SS', the idea of such would be to terminate the foetus. But since 'AB' is illegal here in Nigeria, what's the point of amniocentesis?!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
tchiwinnie:
yea! exactly. bt sm pple dont even undstd fully wot amniocentesis is, they just hear there s such option.
Well, I guess it's misinformation.

But then, AS/AS incompatibility stil buoys down to probability. I've seen couples risk it and got healthy kids. Though they took great risks on that.

The point is, people shouldn't risk what they can't afford to lose. And shouldn't risk blindly.

For couples who found out about their genotypic incompactibility at later stage, and wouldn't want to let go of each other, can agree to opt for 'AID'... Artificial Insemination Donors who are 'AA', in having healthy kids! Most times, family members like the brother or sister of the couples are recommended for such alternative!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Redeemed:
@ marc9, thank you for a job weldone on this thread. I have been trying to conceive for over three years now but all to no avail. I've observed that i don't see egg white cervical mucus but spot around mid cycle. How can i correct this. Thank you as i await your response.
Ma'am, I'll need to know if you observe your menstruation regularly? Does it flow an average of three days? Have you ever been diagnosed with ovarian cyst or PCOS?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by sigeo: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Marc9, thank you for a job well done. Sometimes last week I observed that I became dizzy all of a sudden, I took some drugs and rest thereafter. However about 3days ago, I started having pains in my left hand though not too sharp. Could this be as a result of having shortage of blood in my system. Moreover, I'm a BP patient though I take my drugs regularly and rest often. Thank you sir
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
sigeo:
Marc9, thank you for a job well done. Sometimes last week I observed that I became dizzy all of a sudden, I took some drugs and rest thereafter. However about 3days ago, I started having pains in my left hand though not too sharp. Could this be as a result of having shortage of blood in my system. Moreover, I'm a BP patient though I take my drugs regularly and rest often. Thank you sir
By BP(Blood Pressure), would you be referring to hypertension? Or hypotension?
Well I'll assume you meant HBP.

Well, the sudden dizziness you felt and the pain in your left hand might actually not be linked with anaemia. It could actually be due to arteriostenosis/arteriolostenosis(narrowing and occlusion of the arteries/ arterioles).

So, I think it's HBP related, not anaemia!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Redeemed:
@Marc9, thank you for your quick response. I have a cycle of 26days which is so consistent and do have a regular flow of 5 to 6days. I have neither been diagnosed with PCOS nor Ovarian cyst.
Sometimes last year i was diagnosed of high prolactin and i was placed on bromocriptine, dusphaston and clomid, after three months of medications, the prolactin level was reduced but still spot midcycle and I have not even conceived for once. Am so depressed.
Ma'am, I'l also need to know how old you are.

But from what you quoted, I believe the reason you hardly observed the ovulation discharge/mucus was because of the high prolactin level. Prolactin tend to inhibit the secretion of FSH/LH, estrogen, and as well as progesterone.
And when you were placed on those drugs, your prolactin level bromocriptine, duphaston, and clomid, your prolactin level may have dropped below normal value, but these drugs tend to have adverse effects.

At this point, I'l have to recommend hormonal profiling. That will give us an idea which of the hormone(s) is under or over-secreting.

But then, if you menstruate regularly, then it's most likely you ovulate as well(despite the mid-cycle spot). The problem might just be unsuccessful implantation.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
joybik:
@Marc9 pls how big is a focal fibroid mass of 27 by 36mm. Scan says its outside the uterus and the doc said its not supposed to hinder conception. I've been ttc for 2yrs + though was male infertility issue initially, but my scan result last month showed the fibroid and anovulation. My cycle is always 28days and rarely 29/27. I've not noticed any change apart from feeling something hard when I put my finger inside the v, just before the cer.vix. It gets soft when I rub it a bit but when I rub hard, it gets strong again like its moving. The male issue is ok now with count of 37m and motility of 58%. Morphology is also good. So what the doc suggested was to induce ovulation in my next cycle but I've read too much on clomid and don't want the fibroid to get more than it is now. Please what's your honest opinion?
Ma'am, 27 by 36mm means the leiomyoma is insignificantly large, and it's serosal or subserosal fibroid. It shouldn't hinder conception.

About the anovulation, well, if you menstruate normally, then it means you ovulate as well. I can't put together how the scan diagnosed you with anovulation.
Clomid on the other hand is used to induce ovulation, but that's for ladies who are anovulatory, such as menopausal ladies, or nursing mothers. It shouldn't be taken for long, as it could cause multiple ovulation

About what you felt when you inserted your fingers, clearly that wasn't the fibroid. You can hardly reach the fibroid with your finger. What you felt was likely the groove around the cervix and deep end of the vag*na. When you rubbed it, the Pubococcygeal muscles contracted, giving it a hard texture.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
joybik:
ok. Thanks. Though I suspected late ovulation for the month as I later had ovulation signs so i'm not giving up yet. I think I may have to watch my body for some time more before any induction or what ever the doc calls it. The scan was done on cd12 and he said there was no dominant follicle seen. But on cd17 I had the side pain I usually have around my ovulation when monitored and I've noticed its same day I have the pain that my opk usually show positive. Let me see how the cycle goes anyway. About the hard part, its not inside, its towards the outer upper part, and before the cer.vix. That is, if I push the finger a little bit, the back of my finger would be lying on the cer.vix. Sorry for the raw language, just want to be sure its nothing serious. And again, I was prescribed ciprotab just before my last cycle. I was scared of taking it and wanted to confirm bfn before any drug, so when the period started, I started on it a day after for 7days with another drug I can't remember the name, and another for insert(treating staph and candidiasis). Could these have had any effect on the ovulation ot my cycle? My doc says not all antibiotic affect mens. cycle, but wasn't specific on this.
Now I get it. You have an active case of UTI, and you were or you are on antibiotics.

Well, quite a lot of UTIs/STIs can hinder the chances of conception. The pathophysiology simply involves the infection disrupting normal balance of hormones, just the same way antibiotics disrupt hormonal balance.

Ma'am, the fact you menstruate clearly indicates you ovulate as well. The infections(Staph and Candidiasis) are most likely responsible for your inconceivability.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tchiwinnie: 4:07am On Oct 15, 2014
Marc9:
Nursing mothers, we strongly advise exclusive 'breastfeeding' for at least 14 months!
Did u say breastfeed exclusively for 14months? No na, its EBF for 6months and then introduce feeds, while continuing breastfeeding for abt 2yrs. U cant tell a mother to gv breastmilk only for 14 whole months.No child ll survive on dat.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tchiwinnie: 4:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Marc9:
Yes! Whoever experinces menstruation ovulates, except in the case of hormonal distortion from abusive use of OHC.
There cld b anovulatory cycles unrelated to d use of OHC.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tchiwinnie: 4:17am On Oct 15, 2014
Kasykel:
Thank you very much. I did anoda Pt yestaday and the positive line showed faintly. Shud i be worried.
D hcg(wch s a marker for pregnancy) may tk some tym to clear frm ur system.I suggest u test again after abt 1wk or so, or u do a scan.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 15, 2014
tchiwinnie:
Did u say breastfeed exclusively for 14months? No na, its EBF for 6months and then introduce feeds, while continuing breastfeeding for abt 2yrs. U cant tell a mother to gv breastmilk only for 14 whole months.No child ll survive on dat.
Typographical. I meant 4months(not 14).
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 15, 2014
tchiwinnie:
There cld b anovulatory cycles unrelated to d use of OHC.
I never disputed. I only listed one exceptional case prominent with sexually active ladies who indulge(d) in the use of OHC.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by sigeo: 6:50am On Oct 15, 2014

Well, the sudden dizziness you felt and the pain in your left hand might actually not be linked with anaemia. It could actually be due to arteriostenosis/arteriolostenosis(narrowing and occlusion of the arteries/ arterioles).

What do you advise that I do. My bp reading this morning is 142/98 and I do take my drugs regularly. Thank you sir
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2014
marc9:

siego:
What do you advise that I do. My bp reading this morning is 142/98 and I do take my drugs regularly. Thank you sir
142/98 shows an increase in BP, as against the normal value of 120-130/80-90mmHg

I'l advise you rest a lot. Don't stress yourself! Don't think too much! Keep away from alcohol! And you also run a cholesterol check. You'll be just fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos) / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Reasons Why Girls Breast Shouldn't Be Sucked .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.