Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister (25503 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Nigerian Health Minister Says N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ransomed: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Poly-thieve-sians Decieving People. Diaris godu o

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by yashau(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
drsteroid: I believe Nigeria is winning this war against ebola.This is one of Goodluck's major achievement as a president.kudos 2 him,our honourable Minister of health n Nigerians.If we support d govt in other aspects of d economy just as we all supported in the management of ebola,d country wil be beta 4 all 2 liv
Watin dis one dey talk where u put Lagos state government, na wa for u ooo, Jonathan loyalist

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by obi123: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
“Excellence is a journey, it’s never a destination. The federal ministry of health is ready to face any outbreak.

yes thank you sir, while you are facing outbreaks and conquering the world , help us upgrade the already ailing infrastructure, because there is still life after Ebola
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Pennywise(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
sincere9gerian:What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.

berem: who hacked your account? Issaylie!! shocked shocked

Sincerenigerian isnt working on NL for the Nigerian govt. His primary assignment is to launder Goodluck Jonathan even if it means throwing the Health Minister under the bus.

7 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by jarofbeauty: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
drsteroid: I believe Nigeria is winning this war against ebola.This is one of Goodluck's major achievement as a president.kudos 2 him,our honourable Minister of health n Nigerians.If we support d govt in other aspects of d economy just as we all supported in the management of ebola,d country wil be beta 4 all 2 liv
. Are we reading the same excerpt? Give the glory due to Fashola and the late doctor to Jonathan.
obi123: “Excellence is a journey, it’s never a destination. The federal ministry of health is ready to face any outbreak.
yes thank you sir, while you are facing outbreaks and conquering the world , help us upgrade the already ailing infrastructure, because there is still life after Ebola
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pennywise:

Sincerenigerian isnt working on NL for the Nigerian govt. His primary assignment is to launder Goodluck Jonathan even if it means throwing the Health Minister under the bus.
Loool

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ayobase(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
omenka: 1). Aba Moro defied him!! He did nothing!!

2). Chuckwu has taken a cue from Moro, and guess what?? He would do NOTHING again!!!
gringrin

#JonathanIsAFigureHead!!!

every president is a figurehead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by obi123: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
jarofbeauty: . Are we reading the same excerpt? Give the glory due to Fashola and the late doctor to Jonathan.

sarcasm
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ttmacoy: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
And yet some will come and abuse America for not giving you vaccines. Why the jell will they give them to you with such silly decisions?

Isn't this an opportunity to invest the money in research to develop our own vaccines for future occurrence or invest in proper seclusion units for infected people?

Smh for Nigeria's future. One step forward 3 steps backwards.

8 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Isn't there anything like conscience in Nigeria anymore?

So how many cars were bought with the money?

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by oKyrian: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
U guys r makin big mistake, so u expect d fed. Health ministry 2 send d monies 2 Lagos state 4 Tunibu n co 2 share it as usual. The part of d spending mentioned by d minister is still followin d same aime which d money was pudgeted.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
ttmacoy: And yet some will come and abuse America for not giving you vaccines. Why the jell will they give them to you with such silly decisions?

Isn't this an opportunity to invest the money in research to develop our own vaccines for future occurrence or invest in proper seclusion units for infected people?

Smh for Nigeria's future. One step forward 3 steps backwards.

Exactly! If th gave it to naija, the doctors will be selling it to the patients for exorbitant prices.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by jarofbeauty: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lol! I get it. Sorry.

sarcasm[/quote]
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by simplynola(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria killed the fire, forgot the smoke and went to sleep. What gives the confidence they've totally tamed Ebola. Ebola in hibernation. What money will cause

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by philips70(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pennywise:

If you are my benefactor and I start labeling all your friends, associates and subordinates as fools, criminals and never-do-wells am inadvertently asking you to check yourself. Sincere9gerian is gradually becoming sincere. Gradually porting.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by oKyrian: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
obailala: Not long ago, health practitioners and relatives of the ebola victims complained that the so called 1.9billion did not get to the ebola treatment centres and some self appointed govt defenders foolishly accused every media body which carried the news as being sponsored by APC.

Now if this report by the health minister is true, then it's another exposure on the foolishness of some ordinary Nigerian individuals who have placed a burden upon themselves to defend the evils of the federal government even in situations when the FG does not need their services.
Bro let jst watch n see.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by DRealGeesam(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.
It seems you are truely a sincere Nigerian, not because of your political stance, but cos of your logical reasoning. We need people like this in leadership.
Ebola may be contained, but who knows the future? We lack well equipped and dedicated isolation units for highly infectious diseases (not just ebola).
You have spoken well brother.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Seriously!? shocked shocked shocked

Cars! undecided undecided undecided

Wonderful! angry angry angry angry
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by DRealGeesam(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I am the NUMBER ONE supporter of GEJ govt but that does not stop me from criticizing (constructively) actions or inactions of either the president himself or any of his appointees. If APC e-warriors have been engaged in constructive criticisms, there would not have been all the e-fights on this platform.
Love you bro, seems i miss-judged you all this while or u just outgrew being sentimental.
Dont change and dont get deluded by sentiment.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by tuffgongjo(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigerians,keep calm the money can't be missing because America will Know.
Btw a Thief will always be One.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Reference(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
Not surprised. Whenever I travel to check my traps round the country I see how government wastes its money on irresponsible officials. You see these branded, expensive cars and trucks ferrying 'yams' and 'plantain' to the 'village'. Even those of failing parastatals like the defunct PHCN when you will think they need all the gear they can get to do their jobs. Not surprised at all.

Government property used for private pleasures while their private limos seat comfortably at home.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by omenka(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli: btw lets not forget this man was indicted for corruption at the state level before Gej made him minister.
My dear, your statements begin with small letters instead of caps. Perhaps you should try and fix that. We don't wanna be seen as unserious. smiley

Thanks as you do. smiley
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Jabioro: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Proudly 9ja product/govt service..1.9b naira is gone into thin air,twisted story has start'd emanate...Oyebuchi Chuk,l hail you.,e be like say i dey dream.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GentleMimi: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sweetlemon:

That's not the bad thing. The sad part is that next week, people like you will go back to hailing the same FG. After all Jonathan can do no wrong in your eyes and even if he does there is always an excuse for that.

mtcheeeeeeeeew
My support for GEJ gives u terrible palpitation and convulsion cheesy. Go and yansh down somewhere,cos it seems u've got problems beyond my line of vision. If i feel like commending GEJ,should it give u HBP? But it does ,ultimately. Drink cold kunu. See her hissing like compound snake. Ojeebi. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by tuffgongjo(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
oKyrian: U guys r makin big mistake, so u expect d fed. Health ministry 2 send d monies 2 Lagos state 4 Tunibu n co 2 share it as usual. The part of d spending mentioned by d minister is still followin d same aime which d money was pudgeted.
a mofo reasoning with his head up his smello arseee.

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
omenka: My dear, your statements begin with small letters instead of caps. Perhaps you should try and fix that. We don't wanna be seen as unserious. smiley

Thanks as you do. smiley
I will work on that, auto correct keyboard has made me lazy.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by macmoyor(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
While the USA is busy working hard to optimize their ZMAp through funded practical research, our Nija is buzy buying cars and tomorrow we will be asking America for Zmap.

If you are the america are you going to give your hard earned product to someone who is not even making effort to better their health system....

Nigeria problem begins and ends in Nigeria and its caused by Nigerians..and who cares? As long as each man have his way of feeding his pocket, so be it . We have to held our public office holders accountable for their actions that affects our life. We live only once...as nigerian citizens we have the right for a top quality life..medical, education, social amenities..etc..but it seems most will rather settle for less and we are too docile, taken abnormalits as normal is now a common thing in an average Nigerian dictonary,
so no wonder other sister countries will treat us for less.. That change begins with me and you....

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by JuanDeDios: 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

That's right. But I fear this is another subterfuge to steal, to divert the money. That N1.9b is either someone's 2015 campaign money or going straight to Swiss accounts. At the very least, I can bet my last buck we won't see these "cars" and "other items".

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by JuanDeDios: 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
macmoyor: While the USA is busy working hard to optimize their ZMAp through funded practical research, our Nija is buzy buying cars and tomorrow we will be asking America for Zmap.

If you are the america are you going to give your hard earned product to someone who is not even making effort to better their health system....

Nigeria problem begins and ends in Nigeria and its caused by Nigerians..and who cares? As long as each man have his way of feeding his pocket, so be it . We have to held our public office holders accountable for their actions that affects our life. We live only once...as nigerian citizens we have the right for a top quality life..medical, education, social amenities..etc..but it seens most will rather settle for less and too docile, taken abnormalits as normal is now a common thing in an average Nigerian dictonary,
so no wonder other sister countries will treat us for less.. That change begins with me and you....
That was what vexed me the most when some Nigerians with entitlement mentality were whining forever about America not giving them Zmapp.

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by AdeniyiA(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
RockMaxi:

I hope I am not reading the article upside down, what happened to the Health ministry's budget prior to Ebola outbreak. Vehicles and drugs that have been ordered angry angry,
all their former vehicles have caught Ebola nd are being quarantined, so they must procure new ones undecided

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by otswag(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Cant stop laughing. And some people will start saying there is hope for this country. Our "leaders" now have so much confidence as to start robbing us in plain sight. Now that it seems the outbreak is under control, they have diverted the money to their personal "ministry". We are in deep shiit in this country

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by JuanDeDios: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
pDude: Isn't there anything like conscience in Nigeria anymore?

So how many cars were bought with the money?
That should now be the question, right? Well, this is the last you will hear of the matter. Someone's 2015 campaign funds just got a boost.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists / Could Your Soap Really Cause Erectile Dysfunction? / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.