Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,682 members, 7,905,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:21 PM

N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister (25484 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Nigerian Health Minister Says N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Revolva(m): 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
What the hek 1.9 naira for cars...hey. Nigeria na real yeye place to live in if this is truth
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by brownlolly(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: who hacked your account? Issaylie!! shocked shocked

You know I had to look at the posters username again. Wonders will never end.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by brownlolly(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Love you bro, seems i miss-judged you all this while or u just outgrew being sentimental.
Dont change and dont get deluded by sentiment.

So because he says something different today (which is surprising everyone here), he's suddenly a logical person.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Lexusgs430: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria I hail thee !!!
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by LivingSoul34: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
That money is now sitting in somebody's campaign (bank acct) fund.

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by obamaobama: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
goodluck untill 2019
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by macmoyor(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
JuanDeDios:
That was what vexed me the most when some Nigerians with entitlement mentality were whining forever about America not giving them Zmapp.

My dear it's just mind boggling when I read about how some peeps were whining over america refusal to give Nigeria the zmap...nothing good comes easy.Before we know it, we could be faced with another deadly disease and we are not ready because there are no functional research institutes,no well known proactive measures in place.rather we are using the money for buying cars..private jets..

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by fineworker24(m): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
me1234: What kind of a country is this for God sake?
A country cursed from the day thy killed over 3 million innocent biafrans who want to be free from forced/unholy marriage.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by DRealGeesam(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
brownlolly:

So because he says something different today (which is surprising everyone here), he's suddenly a logical person.
As i said in the post you quoted, he cld have out grown his sentimental self.
Anyway i chose to applaud him and that is my own choice to make not yours.
Thanks
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Waspy(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Cars ke Which kain pple dey make decisions for this country sef

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hahahaha, Naija...I doff my cap to you.
No shame any longer. A Minister will come right out and contradict a previous statement nearly 1 week after the intervention was declared. Not immediately mind you, but days later grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
"a government is pleased when it governs a people who do not think"- i think this was some quote of hitler. Federal government (allegedly) designated billions for the purpose of acquiring arms for the prosecution of the war in North east, yet soldier boys are until now, still armed only with kobokos. I know if not for the serious minded government of lagos state(kudos to fashola), hundreds would by now lay dead on the streets of lagos and maybe neighbouring states. Nigerians, we need to teach ourselves a lesson... lets frighten these peeps in government a little.

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by DrLuv: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
okparaugo: Sports cars abi Porsche Cayenne ?
Naaa,10 toyota prado suvs that are customised ebola resistant@ the vist of 100million näita one canopy tent in abuja and Lagos with inscriptions on them "ebola team",then they will request for another back up fund as usual.na naija we dey Naaa.onyebuchi don dey tell u people say na ministry get am;that is to say....hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ceasare: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lord have mercy!!! This is outrageous.......in fact outrageous is an understatement!!
In d 1st place did it hv to fake this long for d release of d money? And afterward used in ordering cars!!
Am.yet to see quarantine stations maned by health workers at our airports. The last time I check anybody can walk tru arrivals at MMIA and bingo they r in Nigeria no checks ...nothing!
I was watching all Jazeera 2days ago ivory coast had make shift testing booth with hand held scanners and other screening items to check passengers coming into their country.even guinea or is it Sierra Leone closed its borders to its neighbours to check d scourge.
I weep for this country! Trust me even some states that didn't hv any occurrence will latch in on the FG largesse and claim sighted Ebola case we ve seen it happen with polio! Its only in Nigeria such happens....bear me witness the bulk of d 1.9bil will end up in govt officials's pockets from minister to commissioners to perm sec to directors in health ministries and their agencies trickly down like that.someone is already thinking of buying a New ride for his concubine or starting the foundation of an hotel .......truelly there was a country.the funniest part is no measure will be put in place to check future occurrence of such outbreak until we encounter another epidemic and d cycle continues.

@ sincerenigerian,gboliwe,berem and others regardless of party affiliations we shd all collectively criticize govt be it APC or PDP we eva dey goofed they are all same.shine your eyes.# occupy onyebuchi. Chukwu and the FG Ebola funds

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Gboliwe: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
ceasare: Lord have mercy!!! This is outrageous.......in fact outrageous is an understatement!!
In d 1st place did it hv to fake this long for d release of d money? And afterward used in ordering cars!!
Am.yet to see quarantine stations maned by health workers at our airports. The last time I check anybody can walk tru arrivals at MMIA and bingo they r in Nigeria no checks ...nothing!
I was watching all Jazeera 2days ago ivory coast had make shift testing booth with hand held scanners and other screening items to check passengers coming into their country.even guinea or is it Sierra Leone closed its borders to its neighbours to check d scourge.
I weep for this country! Trust me even some states that didn't hv any occurrence will latch in on the FG largesse and claim sighted Ebola case we ve seen it happen with polio! Its only in Nigeria such happens....bear me witness the bulk of d 1.9bil will end up in govt officials's pockets from minister to commissioners to perm sec to directors in health ministries and their agencies trickly down like that.someone is already thinking of buying a New ride for his concubine or starting the foundation of an hotel .......truelly there was a country.the funniest part is no measure will be put in place to check future occurrence of such outbreak until we encounter another epidemic and d cycle continues.
@ sincerenigerian,gboliwe,berem and others regardless of party affiliations we shd all collectively criticize govt be it APC or PDP we eva dey goofed they are all same.shine your eyes.# occupy onyebuchi. Chukwu and the FG Ebola funds

See me see wahala ooo shocked shocked
Brother, why are you mentioning my name? After 4 pages nobody has criticised the government enough except Gboliwe makes a post?

Well, just so you can sleep better, let me lend my . fingers voice.
I strongly belive that Prof. Chukwu is sick if what Premium times reports is actually what he said. Incidentally, I have met this Prof officially on two occassions and I always believed he is sane. I now wonder why he would want to divert the funds released by the president at the peak of the ebola risk. Is he saying that the fund is part of their original budget? It doesn't make any sense to me. Buy cars for what? Are we on a jamboree?

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Seyitosino(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is 'Ebola fraud', God is watching. May ebola never in d family of anyone who steal dis money.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Seyitosino(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is 'Ebola fraud', God is watching. May ebola never cease in d family of anyone who steals dis money.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by deboraha(f): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
In other words; lagos state government and the medical crew that risked their lives in taking care of patients with EVD and other suspected cases are actually the ones to be accorded recognition for any success in curbing ebola. Why should a minister counter the words given by the spokesperson of the president, regarding the use of funds for a disease that is a huge threat to the lives of nigerians. The pple he was appointed to serve? Why play politics with something so sensitive?

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by adamskutty(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bluivy u boto idi0t why did u share this topic with me? U have no right whatsoever to share anything to me. We have nothing in common u she goat
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
adamskutty: Bluivy u boto idi0t why did u share this topic with me? U have no right whatsoever to share anything to me. We have nothing in common u she goat

Maybe you should unfollow her. Genius.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by amanikondo: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
They will soon blame America for their predicament.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by donodion(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
I sat back,closed both eyes,took a deep breath fighting the rage of boiling anger within me after reading this piece of news.

Nigeriana dont knoh where they are heading.

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.
At this moment, the incompetency of this Professor is clear for all to see.

South Korea is working on ordering experimental drugs to prepare them for an Ebola crisis. They are working with FujiFilm Pharmaceutical for their Favipiravir Ebola/Influenza drug. This man is talking of cars, definitely to siphon money.

He has forgotten the need to invest in Biopharmaceutical research for a vaccine and treatment.

What a Health Minister. A disgrace to Doctors after losing his colleagues. He did not even think of protective gears for them or more detection devices for early tracking and isolation.

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by seguno2: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
vislabraye:

Abi ? They cursed GEJ but the excuse they'll give is that Tinubu is a private citizen.

Is Mama Piss also a private citizen?
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
macmoyor:

My dear it's just mind boggling when I read about how some peeps were whining over america refusal to give Nigeria the zmap...nothing good comes easy.Before we know it, we could be faced with another deadly disease and we are not ready because there are no functional research institutes,no well known proactive measures in place.rather we are using the money for buying cars..private jets..
I suspected the Health Minister never offered to Support Mapp BioPharma financially to get ZMapp to Nigeria. That drug is a 3.5 billion naira research and this Health Minister had funds to try to save the Heroic health workers and channelled it for his selfish gains. SHOCKING!!!

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by piagetskinner(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Cars?cars Chai... misplaced priority#our leaders look for the slightest opportunity to be corrupt

3 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by noperson: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Waspy: Cars ke Which kain pple dey make decisions for this country sef
Thank you my brother, Thank u very much, dt is d 1st question for my mind too. These re d kind of pple those stupid boko haram suppose go dey kidnap and bomb.
Nigeria lack adequate medical resources to provide quality health for its citizens, Doctors re on strike cos of non payment of salary and dt man fit open him mouth say d money na 4 procurement of cars!!!!! Chai!!! I no blame him. Na because we don allow corruption as normal tin 4 dis country.

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: what kind of comment is this biko? Same thing they told us we shouldn't panic about Boko Haram that terrorists are everywhere. We have seen the result today as Boko Haram have started hoisting flags and daring Federal Government.

I feel like slapping Onyebuchi Chukwu right now! I don't know why Jonathan is surrounded by mad,useless and incompetent people which makes him no exception. Chai!!

angry angry

(From a politically naive me)
Why is it that everyone talks about GEJ being surrounded by useless, incompetent people?
Like, he is in the middle, being surrounded by all these bad eggs.......all saintly and competent himself?

Has he not been tainted?
Why does he not surround himself with useful, competent people?
Why is he comfortable in the midst of such bad eggs?
(dodgy)

"Show me who your friends are..." anyone?
Any person who is okay with having a Labaran Maku and or an Onyebuchi Chukwu in his cabinet/ kitty/whatever is questionable to me

Why he did not surround himself with good people like X and Y is beyond me!
(Meanwhile I do not know the good politicians in this country apart from the Enugu state governor......anyone can help me out....I know bad anyway, bad is Maku, bad is Chukwu...and I am sure a whole load of others too)

Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mr. Chuku #bringbackourmoney!

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
kernel504: Mr Chukwu, am ashame you.
You don't seen to have feelings for human life, If N1.9 billion was appropriated to fight Ebola, why didn't Lagos get at least some part of that money.
And you have the gut to tell Nigerians you have procured vehicles with N1.9 billion is that what the money was meant for?
The quarantine facilities I saw were too poor.
Am disappointed you are an Igbo man like me.

I know right!!!?
Me too!!!!
angry

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by eaglechild: 12:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Mr Chukwu prolly has brain Ebola. angry angry angry angry

That incompetent man should get out of that ministry.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 28, 2014
I thought they were going to finance research and possibly find a cure or something!

Dayum this politrcians ain't loyal, playing with the lives of the masses over 1.9 bil.( The americans will say; Tax Payers money) in nigeria its called Oil Money! Chai...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am 22 And I Don't Have Beard. What Could Be The Problem? / Could Your Soap Really Cause Erectile Dysfunction? / Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.