Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,637 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34857 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
duncan511: I AM PLANING TO COME TO NIGERIA BUT NOW I WILL DELAY MY COMING NOW

I'm considering canceling my tickets for December. The last thing I need is for the airlines to cancel outbound flights out of Lagos.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by BlossomP: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
nora544:

you cannot say that the Nigerian goverment know it that Ebola was very close but they didnot make something that people from coutries where they have Ebola could come to nigeria.

Was there a test at the border or at the airport before this liberian.
?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mcbrainy: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ebola cannot survive in my body. and in dat of any member of my household.. if it com close to us.. d virus dies

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by bennygreat1(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
sinaj: yea m in UPTH now nd d nurses here confirmed dat an ebola corpse waz brought to d hospital mortuary yestide

Really Bad Newz for South South then....
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by AriDsexy(f): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Smartsyn: I don't think a colleague's birthday party is that important. Do you?
Ok.....Noooooo,its not.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by lakamua: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
djeezy: Africans don't like dying alone. That's why they don't report themselves when they find out they may be infected. That is the typical African mentality. When this virus spreads to every region in Nigeria, it will be impossible to contain. Just imagine Boko Haram taking blood of an infected person and injecting it into cows. Catastrophe.
in ur mind, you talk sense. smh
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by generalissimo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
indomitable234: Sawyer is truly a terrorist
So what do u call the victims who escaped from being isolated to save the general public from contacting the EVD?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
You better cancel!

Even education can not stop people from seeing through obvious propaganda
CityNG:

I'm considering canceling my tickets for December. The last thing I need is for the airlines to cancel outbound flights out of Lagos.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by jaybee(f): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=38pt]STOP THE PANIC
you are being hoaxed

Ebola is propaganda designed to cause panic.[/size]

AT THIS POINT PERMIT ME TO SAY YOU ARE ALMOST A LOST CASE

7 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by 2leftlegs(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Obviously the government has somthing to do with it the obviously want to use it as a source to steal more money bunch of retarded human beings! angry
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by benELOHIM7(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
ur stupidity is extraterrestial....leave whatever your doing now and return to KG1.
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by enomakos(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
not again
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ok . Panic if you want to.
jaybee:

AT THIS POINT PERMIT ME TO SAY YOU ARE ALMOST A LOST CASE
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by whitecat007: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Right! When SAHARA REPORTERS broke the news, both federal and River's state ministers quickly shut it down, forgetting that they can't cover it up forever.

Believe anything Jonathan put in place at your own risk.
sirjohnson: Its true. Sahara Reporters reported today that a doctor already died in P/harcourt plus others at risk. Full story HERE
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Hourglass4real: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Liamm: Viewing this topic: cherieb2(f), ebooksdepo, LadySophie, mj(m), betrani(m), Muniho, emmalexabl(m), sunny4life, adeokunade, datribune, sayusuf(m), Candour(m), olu2cool(m), achmed1(m), UceeGod, queen47, aiibee(f), mackween, simplemach(m), DavOnyi(m), abdulaz, yahwehreigns, ElFenomeno1, omoola007(m), saymax(f), judith212, luc26(f), sparkleRed(f), dubsy20(m), borisgbenga(m), ajidesola, okangaijele, Omadachi(m), amarige, sucre22(f), Pennywise(m), larryUG(m), EMEKA1MILLION , aquatica, jideflows (m), adsonstone(m), mekuzoil(m), Xsolutions, nwene222(m), MzStunner, Osolo1, Princelyod(m), ladywriter(f), AZeD1(m), ceejayluv(m), thrizzle, sonyeah(m), kuru, 0Cisa(m), howfarwhatagwan, luckihy, lwise(m), Doktorcizzle, ekoboy, Tfab(m), phreakabit(m), Peinstein, sentix(m), tornwa, 1freshdude, Legendoscar2, john1632(m), sanitelag(m), kcsider, ogaprime(m), Emekamex(m), massmedia, redocean, Upright750, Obec70(m), Leopantro, Junipero, Indiegoh, Pita99(m), skirmish, gabbytabby, wilbase, Dmentor(f), tendy08(f), abartworld, Jiteshell(f), GagaBoy, DIVINE78, nora544, Chiyung(f), geobaks(m), orobs93, Ubty, Ivyluvie2(f), emcaluv(m), honey001(m), Mishydoo(m), DOCTECH (m), benimeogu(m), lakamua, etochi11(m), sleekender(m), Konnektions146(m), Adimine, omodada1111, Dreambeat, sarcoma, LaRoyalHighness(f), ryder77, GenBuhari(m), Psalmuel92(m), shadrama(m), Pause, qweenaxx (f), Dannyxy(m), beckyomas(f), Sixix , jampro123(m), evesogodo, Aklofs , darthv, justirich(m), kristisking(m), timmyagwu(m), NSoul, ico84, kashman04(m), quin9(f), Twistone (m), sayisayi, em77 and 204 guest(s)

Ebola, you 2 much grin grin grin
This one no be laughing matter o. There's fire on d mountain
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by kestonic: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.

Must you be stuppid always? Smh!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: You better cancel!

Even education can not stop people from seeing through obvious propaganda

I'll keep watch on it and make a decision in the best interest of my family shortly.

Nigerians are the dumbest group of people. Even with hard core facts in front of us and with our people dying left and right we can still call this propaganda?

I question the state of the education system at home.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Maghan37: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
chai!!!!!!! just when we thought it was almost over
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by benELOHIM7(m): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
abia ke?
thwarrior72: Imo & Abia state should as a matter of urgency establish isolation centres, incase of a spill over....please

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by omoredia: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
%^&*(
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by onyxo76(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
one just has to be very careful with all these happenings, just yesterday we were told that only one case was still in existence, now we have 2 new cases in port harcourt, honestly i don't want to believe anything again especially if it comes from the ministry of health or this minister of health

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by naturefellow(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
LMAyedun: What do you expect, when the health Minister said Ebola fund #1.9B will be used for cars... Ridiculous!

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/167335-nigerian-health-minister-says-n1-9-bn-ebola-fund-will-be-used-for-cars-others.html
outright misappropriation of public money.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
If only the govt can stop giving us half truths.
They are giving room for rumours and lies to feed the paranoia of the public.
Is the doctor nameless?
When did he die?
Is it true that his wife is also dead? Who is the diplomat that escaped quarantine?
There can't be a vacuum in information management. Else lies and rumours will take over.

These are issues that need to be available to the public,so that lies will not take root.
Instead the minister and his subordinates are busy making plans for the 1.9 billion and giving cryptic press conferences as if they are PRO for secret societies.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by gidjah(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
JEHOVAH RAPPAH IS ABLE FOR AFRICA
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Abbey2sam(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Anacksunamun: You're very stupid!! Someone is ill and might die, and you're here celebrating "STC". What an ìdiot!!

may amadioha and sango strike u for quoting and insulting me....

oloshi
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
[size=18pt]Doctor dies in Port Harcourt,how it happened [/size]

The diplomat, who was part of the team who met with Patrick Sawyer in Lagos, flew to Port Harcourt, Rivers State for treatment, evading surveillance for the disease.

BY SAHARA REPORTERSAUG 27, 2014
A doctor, who secretly treated a diplomat who had contact with the index case, Liberian-American Patrick Sawyer, has died of Ebola in Nigeria.

The doctor, who has yet to be named, died on Friday. His wife has also taken ill and has been quarantined in Port Harcourt. Interestingly, the diplomat the doctor treated is still alive.

The diplomat, who was part of the team who met with Patrick Sawyer in Lagos, flew to Port Harcourt, Rivers State for treatment, evading Nigerian federal government surveillance for the disease. The late doctor then took him to a hotel for treatment.

As a result of this, 70 people have been quarantined. The doctor's hospital, Good Heart Hospital in Rivers State, has been shut down. The unnamed hotel, where the secret treatment took place, has also been shut down.

The Minister of Health and the Rivers State government are expected to make a statement on the incident tomorrow.

Copyright©2014 Sahara Reporters, Inc.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
omoredia: %^&*(

You are diminishing your chances of getting any form of patronage with these ridiculous post. Change your marketing strategy, target your audience n please stop derailing threads.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by AriDsexy(f): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
sunny4life:
Then report such pastors to the relevant authorities.I hav sent an sms to the Lagos state govt emergency numbers.....i hav done my part.This country is @ risk and instead of som pastors to encourage their members to maintain basic hygeine,there are contributing more to d problem by making unverifiable claims of healing.Those pastors should be arrested immediately.
You're right even though I'm not one to support something like this,it only shows that these pastors are not true men of God.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I'll keep watch on it and make a decision in the best interest of my family shortly.

Nigerians are the dumbest group of people. Even with hard core facts in front of us and with our people dying left and right we can still call this propaganda?

I question the state of the education system at home.
If you could come to such a conclusion about Nigerians based on the posts you read on this thread then am afraid its your education that should be called to question. Seriously, you self acclaimed "know it all" people should stop making baseless statement about Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Reference(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Most people I speak to, even doctors and other medical personnel appear more worried about the 'stigma' attached to the disease than the prospects of surviving an infection unfortunately. Some even go as far as to say one is 'unlikely to be able to integrate into society'. And I respond.....if you come out alive by the way. This is the problem with Nigerians or blacks. They are so much more concerned about image, the superficial than the facts, the realities they face. If not why will an educated, informed person seek clandestine treatment for ebola, evading quarantine. Is there any hospital around with the facilities to sustain treatment or the drugs to maintain life or reverse the case. Is your best bet not coming out in the open so that the resources of 'the world' are at your disposal at this stage in the pandemic. Which private clinic can help you, people who cannot save themselves.

If the American missionaries had quietly returned to the US and booked into a private clinic, they will both be dead today and infected many more people. But they cried out and are hailed today as survivors. Nigerians, use your heads. Government does not have to plead, coerce or kill anyone to handle this crises. People should be willing to save themselves and others, especially their loved ones who they are infecting and killing by simply picking up their phone and calling for help immediately they observe the symptoms. Early detection and palliation is the closest chance any man has of surviving. Hide and die, simple.

Nigerians, wise up.

6 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Siddye(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
mcbrainy: Ebola cannot survive in my body. and in dat of any member of my household.. if it com close to us.. d virus dies
grin
mcbrainy: Ebola cannot survive in my body. and in dat of any member of my household.. if it com close to us.. d virus dies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sleeping Positions And Your Personality / Prodest Hotel Manager Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Rivers State / Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.