Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,143 members, 7,890,858 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:10 PM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34859 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi:
As a result of this, 70 people have been quarantined. The doctor's hospital, [size=18pt] Good Heart Hospital in Rivers State, [/size] has been shut down. The unnamed hotel, where the secret treatment took place, has also been shut down.

Why can't I seem to find this Hospital on any of the Yellowpages or anything about it online?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by thwarrior72: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
benELOHIM7: abia ke?
Yes abia is in proximity to PH, infact all the state in Nigeria should establish isolation centres incase of emergency.

The risk of transferring a suspected ebola patients from one location/state to anoother is too high & should not be considered.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
oh the irony undecided
CityNG:

I'll keep watch on it and make a decision in the best interest of my family shortly.

Nigerians are the dumbest group of people. Even with hard core facts in front of us and with our people dying left and right we can still call this propaganda?

I question the state of the education system at home.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Why can't I seem to find this Hospital on any of the Yellowpages or anything about it online?

Yellow pages?
Hahahahahaha

](Reuters) - A doctor in Nigeria's oil industry hub of Port Harcourt has died from Ebola fever, after he was infected by man linked to the first case in Africa's most populous country, the Health Ministry said on Thursday.

Heath Ministry spokesman Dan Nwomeh said on his Twitter feed that the doctor had treated a primary contact of Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian who brought Ebola to Lagos. His death brings the number of Ebola fatalities in Nigeria to 6.

The total number of recorded cases had risen by two to 15, Nwomeh said, the other one being the wife of the doctor who is showing Ebola symptoms and whose test results are awaited.[/b]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/28/us-health-ebola-nigeria-idUSKBN0GS0S120140828

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
woodcook: If you could come to such a conclusion about Nigerians based on the posts you read on this thread then am afraid its your education that should be called to question. Seriously, you self acclaimed "know it all" people should stop making baseless statement about Nigerians.

You are free to have an opinion of me, no matter how wrong and ridiculous it makes you look.

I'm matured enough to accept you don't like me.

Have a nice day.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi:

Yellow pages?
Hahahahahaha

Search for any nearby hospital to you. . . Pops up on vconnect or something, just found two shitty hospitals in my neighborhood online. Just saying. . .
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: oh the irony undecided

For sure.

It's ironic reading how you keep this hallucinative opinion of yours that Ebola is not real.

What can we expect when the higher school of learning are always closed due to strikes.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by justi4jesu(f): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
achigogoggle: Oh Lord, not again!!!
I thought this God-forsaken disease was on its way out of Naija......and now this.....Oh My Pitakwa city...!!!

Dear Father Lord, how long art thou going to watch your loved ones suffer in the hands of the wicked, please come to our rescue or We perish..

lol...This made me remember Wazobia FM grin
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
you better rush and cancel your flight ticket oo Ebola will kill you ooo!!
CityNG:

For sure.

It's ironic reading how you keep this hallucinative opinion of yours that Ebola is not real.

What can we expect when the higher school of learning are always closed due to strikes.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Search for any nearby hospital to you. . . Pops up on vconnect or something, just found two shitty hospitals in my neighborhood online. Just saying. . .

If the FG tells you a doctor died,you better believe there could be more they are not telling

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Mbediogu(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=Siddye]Minister of health, professor Onyebuchi Chukwu,
confirmed on Thursday that two people in Port
Harcourt, Rivers State, have contracted Ebola Virus
Disease (EVD). This is the first time an Ebola case
would be confirmed outside Lagos since Liberian-
American Patrick Sawyer introduced the virus to
Nigeria on July 20.

I expected it in Port Harcourt, Abuja, kaduna and all such places one could link easily and directly by air from Lagos. The crew of Sawyer's aircraft and those at the arrival hall are prime suspects. My happiness is that for once we as a nation are prepared and united against a potential disaster. The world commends our effort and God on our side, we cannot lose the war against Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Songitto(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oh moi God struggle continue....
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: you better rush and cancel your flight ticket oo Ebola will kill you ooo!!

You have a higher probability of dying from an infectious disease than I do mate.

Name one American that has ever died from Ebola?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi:

If the FG tells you a doctor died,you better believe there could be more they are not telling

Not doubting just going to wait for audiovisuals of the health minister confirming this. Story seems credible, but too many loop holes.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Cant you guys see this is a frigging hoax?

Why only doctors are dying?
not the doctor's families or relations just the doctors and nurses.

open your eyes.

Doctors deaths help to propagate the propaganda better than faceless members of the public
babyosisi: [size=18pt]Doctor dies in Port Harcourt,how it happened [/size]

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

You have a higher probability of dying from an infectious disease than I do mate.

Name one American that has ever died from Ebola?

Patrick star Sawyer grin
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: Cant you guys see this is a frigging hoax?

Why only doctors are dying?
not the doctor's families or relations just the doctors and nurses.

open your eyes.

Doctors deaths help to propagate the propaganda better than faceless members of the public

Propaganda to what end?

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by thwarrior72: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

For sure.

Why arguing with genebuhari?, from part of the country where he comes from, even polio is a hoax .....just let him wallow in self denialcheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Pesuzok(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Reference: Most people I speak to, even doctors and other medical personnel appear more worried about the 'stigma' attached to the disease than the prospects of surviving an infection unfortunately. Some even go as far as to say one is 'unlikely to be able to integrate into society'. And I respond.....if you come out alive by the way. This is the problem with Nigerians or blacks. They are so much more concerned about image, the superficial than the facts, the realities they face. If not why will an educated, informed person seek clandestine treatment for ebola, evading quarantine. Is there any hospital around with the facilities to sustain treatment or the drugs to maintain life or reverse the case. Is your best bet not coming out in the open so that the resources of 'the world' are at your disposal at this stage in the pandemic. Which private clinic can help you, people who cannot save themselves.

If the American missionaries had quietly returned to the US and booked into a private clinic, they will both be dead today and infected many more people. But they cried out and are hailed today as survivors. Nigerians, use your heads. Government does not have to plead, coerce or kill anyone to handle this crises. People should be willing to save themselves and others, especially their loved ones who they are infecting and killing by simply picking up their phone and calling for help immediately they observe the symptoms. Early detection and palliation is the closest chance any man has of surviving. Hide and die, simple.

Nigerians, wise up.

You just said it all. at my work place, they have started checking temperature before you gain access. Put you will see people complaining about it.

I just wonder, is it not better for one to know any increase in his/her temperature and stay alert.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Patrick star Sawyer grin

It's a shame that I may have to explain the difference between me and him to you in the context of my discussion with propagandist.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by ayusco85(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Phame: sawyer was a bastard! He wont find peace in his grave.
@d topic. Who ar those baggers that 'liked' the the topic? What is there to 'like' abt dis news? Sms!

sad sad
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by fr3do(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
vivaciousvivi: The issue is not really the number of cases in PH but the level of degree the State govt has to responding to it.
LASG was quite commendable. If the PHSG does not start instant quarantine of all the people that came in contact with the present victims, then the virus can easily spread - including back to Lagos and we would have a pandemic on our hands! lipsrsealed

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Liamm(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
moneyhungry:
angry

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

It's a shame that I may have to explain the difference between me and him to you in the context of my discussion with propagandist.

Its a shame you didn't acknowledge my intended sacarsm.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.

R u just waking up from a coma? wink

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by shinysmrt: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by simplynola(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Its time to immortalize Patrick Sawyer. The street of the hospital (First consultant hospital) he went for treatment should be named Patrick Sawyer Avenue. National Assembly, rise up now.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Its a shame you didn't acknowledge my intended sacarsm.

A truly rotten shame, but that's the internet for you , sometimes these things happen.

On a serious note though, why would sovereign Liberia allow a dual citizen to be a top official like a diplomat?

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Ektinno: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ooo
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.

Are u realy a Nigerian, port Harcourt of all places
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by whitecat007: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
What about when a Lagos govt came out to report 5 new cases, only for the health minister to say it wasn't true. The same played in PH, when Sahara reported it first he denied it, only to bow to pressure and admit it's true.

The Mimister of health is playing politics and too incompetent for this job.

Many people didn't see how dangerous it is when a Health Minister did not only allow Ebola to enter Nigeria but, also sitting on the money meant for treatment while Lagos govt is battling it alone with no kobo from Fg. Who knows how many cases are covered up in the region to make it Lagos and Fashola's problem alone. I see everything blowing up on his incompetent face soon.
Enoquin: Not to hold brief for the Health Minister but he only reports what he has been told. If no hospitals report to the state health minister who in turn would report to the Federal health minister, no health minister would be able to give any information. Information has to be verified before being reported so as not to create panic.

I hope RSG contains it

4 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Afrok(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
To my fellow unique students, at this juncture i'll start singing this song, u ar free to join me or waka pass alone.
" there'll be no more hand shaking, no more no more...x2 until ebola is gone. There'll be no more hugging, no more no more...x2 until ebola is gone. It continues like dt, no more kissing, pegging, touching body etc until ebola is gone.

This is scary, even when i thought PH Is free and Nigeria is almost saved from ebola. Oh God! Av mercy.
#return the cars and bring back our ebola fund#
May God continue to protect us all, Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sleeping Positions And Your Personality / Prodest Hotel Manager Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Rivers State / Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.