Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,329 members, 7,943,817 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. (30782 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Realone92(m): 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Indiegoh: Let me get sometin straight here, you have been a first class student since your 100l, but was dropped to 2.2 in your 300l. How is that possible? Okay, let me make some calculations here:

100l 1st semester: 4.50
2nd semester: 4.50
200l 1st semester:4.50
2nd semester :4.50

Let me also assume that your GPA in 300l first semester was 2.0(which is not even possible for someone that has been a first class student since 100l), let me also assume that in your second semester you had 1.68......

Given the above, your CGPA still stands at 3.61, which is still a fairly strong 2.1..... So, OP, hw did you drop to 2.2? Or maybe you were never a first class student in the first place, or...... Don't let me even assume that your GPA in thuse two semesters were below 1.0..... Na na, its not possible...... Your HOD and examination officer ought to have called you to attention since.

In conclusion, i feel the OP is witholding some information or the whole story is a lie or......... The OP is just seeking attention.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1 .

negative effect of Excessive chatting.
I don't expect this number of abbreviated words in this short sentences from an English student at this level.
despite my poor proficiency in English language, if i could point out these areas maybe you should start looking in that direction as part of your self-discovery efforts.
You shall make it.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: kapish!
kapish?=Do you understand? How does this relate? Let everyone improve, our children are in trouble!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by alijusty: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
@OP. look for some additional courses to take online that would add to your current knowledge. Look at sites like
www.futurelearn.com
www.coursera.com
www.edx.org
www.lynda.com
www.udemy.com
These sites offer free online courses from some of the best universities in the world like MIT, Stanford, Havard, Princeton, Michigan, etc. The good thing is that they also offer a certificate at the end of the course(Some are free and Some are paid for). Am also in the same shoe as you are in. Had an excellent grade in Bachelor but in my Master's, it is quite different. The Master's am doing is really tougher than i had anticipated. So am also taking courses from this sites to add to whatever i finally come out it. Never let the current grade you have discourage you. There is always a way around a problem that comes your way. You only need to think deep and ask questions. Good Luck.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: oh yes, I never planned to study English. It was Law. I made my Jamb which was 241, my waec was good. So I still dnt understand why I didn't get to study law.

You mean till now you don't know why you didn't get Law? Going by your profile, I will call your story a dumb story. On a second thought, going by your response, I think you're seriously in a mess. My advice, complete your programme and if still have the passion of studying Law, then English is an added advantage.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
AdeniyiA:
negative effect of Excessive chatting.
I don't expect this number of abbreviated words in this short sentences from an English student at this level.
despite my poor proficiency in English language, if i could point out these areas maybe you should start looking in that direction as part of your self-discovery efforts.
You shall make it.

Pot calling kettle black. Shortening words is not a sign of vocabulary weakness. It becomes a problem when you 'abuse' it.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
IntroVAT:

Did you say you're in final year?
Did you say you were once a 1st class student?
Did you say you're studying English?
Is this English?

Maybe you should start by[b] trying to curb what made [/b]your writing degenerate like this in the first place. For an English student, this is absolutely unforgivable
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
IntroVAT:

Is this English?

Maybe you should start by trying to curb what made your writing degenerate like this in the first place. For an English student, this is absolutely unforgivable
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: take a look at urself b4 lafin! Tnk ur stars u didn't upload ur pic! Ppl like u are d ugly ones!
Wetin tha guy talk na true na. Shey u no know sey too much prïck dey affect academic performances ni? because u for don waste all your performance level for bed. E sure me sey all the prîck wey u don fûck don dey first class by now. The least of them go dey 2:1. Better reduce those prïcks if not your situation go worsen. If u reduce the prîcks to 13 per day, u go do urself big favour and u go improve academically. grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by omoadeleye(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
aaah, this girl you need to see a pastor oo. and don't let levity to be an approach to this your big problem, in short them dey do you big time na from your village I guess
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Rhea(f): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.

[size=18pt]
bt, d, mw, dnt, knw, nw, nd, dis, ntin, frm, dilema, gon, gud, shld, jst, eva
All culled from the thread of a self-acclaimed first-class English Language student.

Na only you waka come grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

4 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: take a look at urself b4 lafin! Tnk ur stars u didn't upload ur pic! Ppl like u are d ugly ones!

Lool, Mumu.. Them dey use ur Life play Tennis, Na u con be the Umpire.. Olodo..! Otondo! grin

PS: If I upload my pics, Walahi, U will be looking for me about.. Trust me.. grin wink
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: oh yes, I never planned to study English. It was Law. I made my Jamb which was 241, my waec was good. So I still dnt understand why I didn't get to study law.
That could be part of the problem. Sometimes when you don't get to study the course of your choice, your focus starts wavering. Building a career is not just about the monetary benefit, its also about fulfillment. If you know that you will be more full filled as a lawyer, try hard to finish your English degree very well, then apply for law, either through direct entry, jamb, or both. I know this might sound strenuous and unrealistic, but you don't want to look back in 20 years time and blame yourself for not being bold enough to go after your dreams. Don't be discouraged about the number of years. You will go and still come back to meet critics the same place you left them. Search your heart, be determined, be bold and fearless. Lastly, if you have any form of distraction around you, do away with it/ him/her. We should be with people that bring out the best in us, not people that make us lose focus. All the Best.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by mechanics(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.
d prblm wit u was lack of persistence, u didnt fire on wen u had dat first class, u tot u av arrived, my advice 4 u is to reduce d way u chat on social media cos it influence alot, i started with 2.1 n came out wit 2.1 althought it was nt easy being an engineering course, d prblm is dat if u can calculate ur Gp nw to knw ur state, because 3rd class students wil do post graduate diploma b4 masters, make sure u get A in ur project to maintain ur present grade nw and possibly 2.1, al d best n prayer is d key.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Arosam(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Too much bagging may have caused it, try to minimised it
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bimfo: hahahahahahahahhaha..

Prick don spoil ur Life.. hahahahahaha

grin Guys! weldone ooo.. Spoiling lives since 1960BC
u got me laughing so hard cheesy
Bimfo: hahahahahahahahhaha..

Prick don spoil ur Life.. hahahahahaha

grin Guys! weldone ooo.. Spoiling lives since 1960BC
u got me laughing so hard
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rhea:

[size=18pt]
All culled from the thread of a self-acclaimed first-class English Language student.

Na only you waka come grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Wetin be ur own now... She the babe no fit write for shorthand again ni.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
mirexx: u got me laughing so hard cheesy u got me laughing so hard
U sef u like prîck abi...u can join her in the prïck loving committee but u must face ur book o. Don't waste too much time on prícks.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by NeuroBoss(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nastydroid: *yawning*

Nastyroid, even you?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nastydroid(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
NeuroBoss:
Nastyroid, even you?
lol,long tym bro....i had to yawn nau
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rhea:

Na only you waka come grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na only you see am?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by skimarvel: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
I myself have lost interest in anything EDUCATION...medical school just making me feel like a DULLARD
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by skimarvel: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bimfo:

Lool, Mumu.. Them dey use ur Life play Tennis, Na u con be the Umpire.. Olodo..! Otondo! grin

PS: If I upload my pics, Walahi, U will be looking for me about.. Trust me.. grin wink
aswear they suppose Ban you for abusing a Fellow human like you in this manner...o girl you badt gaan oooooo
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by georgee(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
@OP
Na too much hugging, fcking and scking the Kondo... Yeye babe
I am a fine babe..Omosexy Omotosweet..See ur life grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
IntroVAT:

Is this English?

Maybe you should start by trying to curb what made your writing degenerate like this in the first place. For an English student, this is absolutely unforgivable
have u eva heard of the word shorthand in social networks?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nairalanders dis isn't the way to approach matters like this. Someone comes up here, shares a problem and then the next thing is insults from different angles. This isn't right, every1 has failed at some point in life. We have made mistakes, me sharing mine here has turned out to be the biggest mistake I've eva done. Once beaten twice shy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nastydroid(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
THREAD CLOSED
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by yankeedudu01(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: Nairalanders dis isn't the way to approach matters like this. Someone comes up here, shares a problem and then the next thing is insults from different angles. This isn't right, every1 has failed at some point in life. We have made mistakes, me sharing mine here has turned out to be the biggest mistake I've eva done. Once beaten twice shy.
Sorry dear
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
I'm a final year student too. I also lost focus & unless a miracle happens, I might graduate with a third class. But my spirit is not dampened by this. I've decided to collect my B. A. from my current uni & follow my dreams to study what I really want to study (not what the society, labour market, jamb cut-off mark, pressure to get admission, pressure from parents, or the random selection of the university has forced me to study) make no mistake about it ma am I don't regret studying my current course, but I have discovered something unique in my dream course. Something that is not inherent in my current course.

Summary of my advice is:
1) Calm Ur mind
2) Scrutinise Urself well
3) Discover Ur dream
4) Make it come through.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Appswheel(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP) & CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT(CAPM) EXAM PREPARATORY CLASS IN NIGERIA-LAGOS | ABUJA | PH &KADUNA

Early Bird Registration discount of 5% if you pay in full 2-6 weeks ahead of class.

We stick with our trainees till they successfully write and pass their exams.
Follow link below for full training information and Registration

REGISTER

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by lovelyronke20(f): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
final year? u are almost done just hurry up and finish simple.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by farellstone: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
my question to you is;do you love english as a course?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNILAG Rape Victim Gets Scholarship From Adeleke University / Father Flogs Child's School Teacher To Death For Disciplining Student In Delta / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Now Federal University The Name :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.