Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,884 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:38 AM

Virginity A Lost Value? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity A Lost Value? (1138 Views)

Is Female Virginity A Big Deal? / Virginity A Two Way Thing / Virginity-a Crown Of Value Or Old Fashioned Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginity A Lost Value? by oladsey(m): 1:33am On Oct 26, 2008
i still wonder. inside brt bus yesterday, a guy was telling his friend 'i will only go for a virgin. do we stillĀ  have virgin male and female? i will only save the village if at all. why on earth will a guy say no way just cos she is not a virgin?
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by topup: 5:21am On Oct 26, 2008
Some people are reassured by the fact that the person has not had sexual intercourse with other people for various reasons:

- to feel more secure (since there is no one to compare you to)
- to create a unique bond (that is only shared with you)

Other reasons include; people thinking that virgins are less promiscuous, which can actually be true, since they have been very good at dismissing any hormonal urges to have sex. They can also think virgins are stronger in their faith (which is very dangerous, as there are some virgins who are virgins merely due to lack of opportunity),

There are several other reasons which I am sure my fellow Nairalanders will fill you in with,
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by 25more(f): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2008
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by omo99(f): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2008
There are definitely still virgin male and female and some people by choice choose to be virgins or choose to stay virgin until they find the right partner (someone they can marry) or someone they will marry. Everyone has their own values and way of seeing things and if they prefer to be with a virgin that's their choice except who knows if they'll find one and they might eventually have to settle for someone that's not a virgin.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by iceland(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2008
Una no dey tire for the virgin or no virgin talk?
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by sima(f): 4:48am On Oct 27, 2008
virgin virgin virgin. . 9ce
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2008
Seun please delete any topic with 'virgin' in it
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by topup: 5:16am On Nov 02, 2008
I love to talk about it, it's a troubling issue for those who associate a lot of emotion and weight with/on it.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by igwe11(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2008
why deleting the post, does it remind you of the agony you went through after loosing your virginity?

@poster
Yes there are virgins ,e.g new born babies for sure!!!!
nd some other unique brothers and sisters!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by Tatase(f): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2008
This topic is quite overbeaten yet it never seems to get tired. As far as virginity being a lost value, it is ooo. People don't want to believe that not everyone is having sex. Everytime the topic is on Nairaland, people always tend to think the person claiming virgin is lying (and maybe they are).

The point is virginity is not the same as innocence or naivety. It's a perfectly valid choice to make and I personally think a lot of people on NL are lying their asses off about their sexual experiences and that's fine and within their rights. After all this is an anonymous forum where anyone can be whomever they want.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by oladsey(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
NL, FOR LIFE ARE WE GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT VIRGINITY. WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT. BE LIKE SAY GOD HAVE ONE REASON FOR PUTTING IT THERE. BUT WHY ONLY LADIES? I MEAN WHY THEIR OWN MORE SPECIAL?

TATASE, WELL SAID.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by mondob2k(m): 1:21am On Nov 05, 2008
I dont think anybody is tied to this link. If u no like am then waka.

Personally, I think its not a lost value. Some people still want to hold on to their virginity despite the numerous temptations 4rm guys (and girls too). I ve met one who wants to keep it but she also wants to keep her guy who wants sex from her. I pray she survives it.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by oladsey(m): 1:00am On Nov 07, 2008
MONDOBOK, AMEN OOOOOO. MY GUY IT IS NOT EASY.
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by Emperoh(m): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2008
Do they make better wives/good partners?
Re: Virginity A Lost Value? by Ben13: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2008
They make good partners/wives in one aspect.

But they don't in F***ckin' aspect.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Please Be Frank On This! / She's Been Raining Curses On Me. / Infidelity On The Rise In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.