Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,055 members, 7,942,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course (28635 Views)

Pictures Of Uniben Lecturers Protesting The Insincerity Of FG On ASUU STRIKE / ASUU Vows Not To Enter Into Negotiation With Fg On 2009 Agreement / Strike: ASUU, Ansu On Collision Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by slap1(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2014
Those accusing private school owners of greed clearly miss the point. Whether schools open in September or October, the students MUST pay the school fees IN FULL!
A child that doesn't contract Ebola in school can as well do so in churches. The best method would have been to distribute hand sanitizers to schools and give orientation on Ebola preventive measures.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by FASTLINK1: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2014
They should be happy that FG is trying to help them define the direction here, they are making noise as if any sensible parents would risk having their child/children be exposed to this deadly virus. Dead persons do not go to school.

If they like, let them open their schools, it won't take more than 5mins of announcement from the health minister to quarantine the whole school including the parents of the children of any ebola effected school. God forbid anyways.

It's better late than sorry!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Firefire(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2014
Onyegecha:

Why don't you present a superior argument? Why would campaigns be on? churches are not closed, mosques are open, markets and other high density gatherings are permitted. Are children not found in such gatherings? Even universities are on. What kind of preventive measure is this? Why not give every school protective devices or screening equipment. That will be a better show of love for school children.

I agree with your submission. Government should explore other available means and not only jeopardizing others business. grin

I presume the government is exploiting less argumentative area like closing of school to avoid litigation or head-on collision with the

constitution which state freedom of gathering and association if your other point is considered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by repogirl(f): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2014
Na wa o, my parents are school owners and I feel for them.... Closing schools might help but then a child that is sick with the disease won't even be able to attend school, I thought the disease is only contagious when a person is really ill?

they might as well close down all other public places, not just schools.....
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Miner13: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Onyegecha: I AGREE WITH THE PRIVATE SCHOOL OWNERS ON THIS. ASKING SCHOOLS NOT TO OPEN IS A GOOD DEFINITION OF CLUELESSNESS.

what of the cancellation of nysc batch B stream ii camping.
that one is not a sign of cluelessness?

i pleaded with seun osewa to take our letter to frontpage but he turned a deaf ear to our request.

i called more than 50% of the mod to the thread but they ignore it all

thats why when some nairalanders take to insulting most of this mod i dont blame them angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1876957/open-letter-nysc-board-batch
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by omogidi234(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2014
Blackchampion: Yea! If markets n religious gatherings re open; then i see no nid postponing school resumption date.

Yes you are right! But I think we should allow the government do their work. Please do you have children? Have you been to their school? Do you know the ratio of teacher to pupil most especially in these private schools who are making terrible money? The issue is this, the population of children in religious places and markets cannot be compared to that of schools. Even at that parents can still help their wards in those places, in terms of washing hands, sanitizing hands etc. If they are in school, who would do that for them? I see this cry as that of revenue loss and not concern for the children. Like someone said, mine would be at home for now.

Many thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Samgreguc(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Blackchampion: So dis guidance will always carry dem ryt? without contact wit oda children. U think dat is easy? And can't d teachers handle dem as well. Ur Opinion though. #Peace
If you are a guidian u will of cos know how to control ur childs movement.... And pls knw that u can't do it 100 percent bt 70 is enuf and that's wot our govt just did.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by qleap2all(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2014
The proprietors are fighting for their. Pockets,nothing more.
They are broke now and waiting to explore the parents ignorance by exploitation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by baybiemee: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2014
The school owners can Go and Die, bunch of selfish peeps.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by macEDWIN(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2014
good morning house, yes we have to face the fact and this fight of Ebola virus is everyone business for the fact markets are not closed down doesn't mean that schools should not cos we are talking kids who don't know their right and left, the time for playing you will understand pls let's endure Oct is not
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by mlanreh: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2014
This school owners can be so selfish....
Well the FG dont have to argue with them all they need to do is seat down watch them open there school and then withdraw there accreditation since the federal government accredited them and more over the Federal Gov are still in charge

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2014
See these people oo, is it not for there own good? So until when all the student contact Ebola and are quarantined, na that time dem go happy. Greedy people that does not want the safety of their students. Parents of children in this schools should better do Pta meeting to support the government.

Meanwhile, if you are a yabatech student or you are aspiring to be a yabatech student, visit the school's blog to get the latest news and info about the school at lagschools.com
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by ochukoccna: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Schools are closed but Jonathan and his TAN cohorts are holding political rallies in a Port Harcourt where the Ebola virus has recently touched down undecided undecided
Hmnn! angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by InvaluableGem: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=Theflint1]Jonathan is as clueless a he-goat as usual, If universities where students move from state to state are left open, tell me what stewpid rationale Jonathan has for shutting down secondary schools....GEJ till 2019.
University students sure know how to protect themselves to an extent but imagine a toddler in creech who still uses diapers & a minder is made to clean him up or a pre- nursery pupil who cleans his nose with his hands & goes on playing with other children.
There's no point comparing schools to market & places of worship, because parents have greater control of their children in the later.
Imagine them claiming the directive is senseless & they believe subjecting every parent, student or guest to a test before entering the school premises sound sensible? My dear, one thing you must know is that every pressure group looks out for it's own first. They do not care for these pupils' education as much as they care for their pockets. When my sister's daughter was down with mumbs, she was made to suspend school to avoid infecting others, so why can't they postpone their resumption date?
Btw, a reasonable & rationale person who isn't daft nor clueless would state his argument without throwing jabs at people how much more his president. It is for the want of cogent reasons to tender that some folks resort to insults with the intention of humiliating their opponent.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by snazzylove: 11:56am On Aug 30, 2014
So they want to aid the distribution of Ebola just like our health workers are doing. Mtchew. Any school that refused to comply should be burnt down. Nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Samgreguc(m): 11:57am On Aug 30, 2014
canalily: ...so FG and minister of hell mean we should sit like this till Oct 13? See what Ebele and Ebola has caused us now.... What abt boils at our bombom and increase coconut heads....? We disagree wit FG, ALUTA CONTINUA!
Aluta continua wetin?
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Samgreguc(m): 11:57am On Aug 30, 2014
thwarrior72: The proprietors have a point likewise FG too. But we should not downplay the dangers of ebola epidemic spiraling out of control.

I believe this is one of the measures to follow until the country is certified safe & free from any traces of ebola.

They should realise that Nigerian government doesn't have the capacity to handle such infectious disease if it spiral out of control like in Liberia.
Beta talk...
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Rapmoney(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
oluwaKStar: so u b teacher and yr name na creamylicious....what exactly do u teach ur students

Be enlightened! Does it mean one cannot be fashionable or trendy if he/she is a teacher? Mentality of traditionally unenlightened folks! Just because of a user name? Her students don't call her such after all and it doesn't affect what she teaches them!
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Seun(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
I support the closure of schools. This is the smartest thing the government has done so far. I understand the financial implications though.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by oluwaKStar(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rapmoney:

Be enlightened! Does it mean one cannot be fashionable or trendy if he/she is a teacher? Mentality of traditionally unenlightened folks! Just because of a user name? Her students don't call her such after all and it doesn't affect what she teaches them!
bros I was onli joking with her na.....calm bodi
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by NAJALYN: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
The Federal Govt is protecting our children from contacting and spreading ebola. Once a child contacts the disease, its bound to spread to friends and relations. Certainly govt is not asking for too much by shifting resumption date to further observe the situation. It is unfortunate that the school owners will loose revenue. But on the long run our kids are safe, and even the schools are protected from having a wide spread of the ailment.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Theflint1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=InvaluableGem][/quote] If u have lived in a university hostel before, u would know that the chances of contracting Ebola are much higher there as compared to secondary schools; shared toilets, bathrooms, over populated classes and other over populated places and shared amenities. These kids are not supervising themselves, supervision comes from adults who know what to look out for, sensible thing would have been to sensitize the kids on Ebola, kids ain't as "stupid" as you think...most kids I know are smarter than u are.

And you saying parents have control over their kids in market places is total B.S., market places are always highly populated so there's bound to be exchange of body fluids.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by creamylicious(f): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rapmoney:

one hundred teacher kisses for you jawe. The kiss will teach you many things grin
Rapmoney:

one hundred teacher kisses for you jawe. The kiss will teach you many things

1 Like

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by ogawisdom(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
Closing down schools is a bad approach in my hunble opinion. D govt shld ve mounted adequate sensitization again ebola n provide adequate hand sanitizers. D church is d place this can b easily contracted n even brothels n clubs n dey r nt closed down. Gej I alws support u but u got this one wrong.
Ejighi mgbagbu aghara ogo

Funny enough fg may nt use d extra one month he is askin these children to stay @ home to do anytin again ebola, y is hand sanitizers nt so common n available everywhere in nigeria yet
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by spanzed(m): 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Seun: I support the closure of schools. This is the smartest thing the government has done so far. I understand the financial implications though.
Then market should be close also or anything dat attracts crowd should be discouraged...or what do you feel oga seun
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Forwetinnah: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
henryobinna: any school that refuses to oblige should be closed down. period!

Gbam!! This shouldn't even be a matter for debate...how do you tell a child not to play or shake hands with a sick classmate in school? Kids are more vulnerable. Imagine them asking for hand sanitizers from the FG when they charge fees as high as anyone can imagine per term/pay their staffs peanuts chai?!! Nigerians and free things
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by kunlesehan(m): 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Seun: I support the closure of schools. This is the smartest thing the government has done so far. I understand the financial implications though.
You're very right Seun, cos prevention is always best.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by chyket(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
I think the govt is right,children are not as disccerning as adults and therefore may not take as much precautions as adults.On the revenue issue ,i have already paid the fees of my three kids for a school term that i had expected to run from sept till dec but may now run from oct to Dec now.I am the one loosing here not the Schools but no sacrifice is too much for me to make for the health of my kids.All stakeholders here should see this as a sacrifice we need to make for a Greater NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Forwetinnah: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
MARKone:

Jesus christ. The way some people reason really baffles me. How can a whole Dr. think that the best way to control or prevent Ebola in our schools most especially nursery and primary schools is by providing hand sanitisers for our little children?!

Some of these so called private schools, are not even able to control and contain common Cold and catarrh with cough. Some don't even have infirmary. Will they stop children from playing or asking for "chin gum" and "puff puff" roger from each other grin

With the way people are evading and sneaking out from quarantine centres, schools should be shut down indefinitely till this thing is properly contained.

The bolded was so funny..can't stop laughing gringrin
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Xtfield(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Federal govt should release a revised academic calendar for the new session. That will address the concerns of school owners and parents.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Blackchampion: Yea! If markets n religious gatherings re open; then i see no nid postponing school resumption date.

The sheer scale of thousands of students moving back and forth everyday during this ebolic (permit the use of this word grin) period is something that should be a great concern to all and sundry.

Besides, the minister informed the nation that the extention was put in place to help train two teachers per school in case of an outbreak.

Me I like am like that o.
Re: Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course by henryobinna(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Gbam!! This shouldn't even be a matter for debate...how do you tell a child not to play or shake hands with a sick classmate in school? Kids are more vulnerable. Imagine them asking for hand sanitizers from the FG when they charge fees as high as anyone can imagine per term/pay their staffs peanuts chai?!! Nigerians and free things
seriously, FG should not even listen to them no need for debate or anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NUC Issues Ned Nwoko's Sports University Operational License. Admission To Start / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know / Bad Things You Did In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.