Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,922 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather (4536 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by gists: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
i think power supply is usually high during the rainy season when the hydro dams are full while its usually very poor in the dry season.
The pdp guys here like to praise gej when there is power and blame the opposition when its going bad.
Maybe not a completely valid observation on my part - I also think in addition to the hide tide, a lot of people use less electricity. My guess is a lot of people don't have to use their A/Cs in the house as the weather is pretty cold during this period. With less power demand, there is appears to be more power. But I am still typing this post from the power stored in my inverter battery angry

Nationwide Electricity Peaks At 4500MW As Brazilian Firm Builds 700mw Plant
This propaganda will not work for many of us. The question I have been asking increased power propagandist is: What was the amount of power generated before the scam privatisation?
The least power we have recorded so far was about 2000MW over a decade ago when we had a national grid collapse. Other than that power generation is this country has ALWAYS BEEN AROUND 3000 to 4000MW (+ or -). So I ask again, where is the improvement? Again I urge pro more power people to refute this fact that the amount of total power in the country as at today is still within the band it has always been.

4500MW is not an improvement. Let us know when we acheive 6000MW only then can we talk of improvement.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
A similar thread was created around 2 years ago and I'll repeat what I wrote on that thread.

These seasonal increases in power supply will not make me celebrate. I'll only celebrate when I see that there's competition in the power sector, there are greenfield power companies, alternative forms of energy are being explored and that we've had constant light for a year or more. My reasons are quite simple.

We always had an increase in power supply in the rainy season during the Obasanjo era. Scarcity always returns during the dry season.

There was a time when our light did not blink for two weeks during Yar'Adua's era. The battery of the generator ran down! This increase was sustained for about a month, then everything returned to normal.

Both during the Obj and UMYA era we had cases of electricity transformers packing up because they could not cope with the increased demand, yet we have still not reached uhuru.

There are many similar threads that have been created over the years, yet we have still not reached uhuru.

I'm going to post links to some of the previous threads.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rawani:

Exactly. Though I'm not around to judge, but I think that concluding that power has significantly improved, based on a few areas in Lagos is being half-sincere. I think what should be done is to analyse the inputs that have increased and measures taken, for replication in other areas. For example, if the improved areas are being served from the state owned IPP's off the national grid, then efforts to establish more of these stations should be made. If vandalism has reduced, the measures taken to discourage it should be replicated. The most mind boggling thing to me about electricity generation in Nigeria, is why the authorities are ignoring nuclear power plants, as this is what we need to ensure our economy is sufficiently powered in these modern times and attract much needed FDI.
It doesn't take a rocket science or an astute engineer to know that the electricity issue is deliberate. I mean the government knows what to do. They have access to the best brains and power experts, but for the sake of their Generator businesses and those of their friends they won't act. At most they pay lip service. Don't forget that this class of People benefit directly or indirectly for every failed Power project. What do I mean? Billions are "looted" or diverted at the same time Generators are imported by them. They get contract to supply fuel and dissel to major companies, they own Filling Stations-should power be stable, fuel consumption will drop significantly, it means profit drop significantly. Also they double as Petroleum marketers. Its a very complicated issue that need a very stong political will

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by omenka(m): 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli: I am really delighted with the increase in power supply recently, i am interested in how we got to this level and how to sustain or improve on this success.

Sincere9gerian, how exactly did the government get Tinubu and Buhari’s boys off our gas pipelines?

OR

Can this increased supply be attributed to increased water level in our hydro dams, thanks to the rain.

Sincere9gerian, should we start celebrating or will tinubu and Buhari’s boys resume work during the dry season.
Buahahahahahahahahaha!!

I can picture Tinubu and Buhari already trekking to Ughelli, Sapele, Escravos, and Warri, to burst pipelines!!

I think since they are trekking, they would arrive their destinations in the month of January or february, when water levels have dropped!! Then Abati and Maku would start telling us sordid tales of how the two have been sabotaging the government's power master plan by their atrocious acts of vandalism!! grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: A similar thread was created around 2 years ago and I'll repeat what I wrote on that thread.

These seasonal increases in power supply will not make me celebrate. I'll only celebrate when I see that there's competition in the power sector, there are greenfield power companies, alternative forms of energy are being explored and that we've had constant light for a year or more. My reasons are quite simple.

We always had an increase in power supply in the rainy season during the Obasanjo era. Scarcity always returns during the dry season.

There was a time when our light did not blink for two weeks during Yar'Adua's era. The battery of the generator ran down! This increase was sustained for about a month, then everything returned to normal.

Both during the Obj and UMYA era we had cases of electricity transformers packing up because they could not cope with the increased demand, yet we have still not reached uhuru.

There are many similar threads that have been created over the years, yet we have still not reached uhuru.

well said naptu2, the last dry season, the minister of power went as far as blaming the opposition for the shortfall in power, i wonder why people in authority are allowed to make reckless comments and nobody seems to question them. Same happen with the information minister when ebola broke out initially.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
donphilopus: So, people still take that jobless Veterinary Doctor seriously on Nairaland?! They blame all their misdemeanor on APC. I pity them all!
hehehehhe!! grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Hopefully, we'll get even more gas after the DEATH and BURIAL of APC early next year. The turbulence in the power sector, that coincided with the emergence of APC in 2013, appears to be over.

NOTE the coincidence and pattern: as APC gained strength all through 2013, power supply dwindled due mostly to gas pipeline vandalism. As APC lost strength and begins to die in 2014, power supply peaks again and stabilizes.

Nigerians should take note.
you are not helping your party with this your APC publicity, na wa you o Mr. Sincere9gerian

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
omenka: Buahahahahahahahahaha!!

I can picture Tinubu and Buhari already trekking to Ughelli, Sapele, Escravos, and Warri, to burst pipelines!!

I think since they are trekking, they would arrive their destinations in the month of January or february, when water levels have dropped!! Then Abati and Maku would start telling us sordid tales of how the two have been sabotaging the government's power master plan by their atrocious acts of vandalism!! grin
LOL. grin grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
1) There was an improvement late 2012 (just as there's an improvement now) and a drastic reduction early 2013 (dry season). This thread was created when the reduction started.

https://www.nairaland.com/1232672/4500mw-nairalanders-how-power-supply
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by brownlord: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
well said naptu2, the last dry season, the minister of power went as far as blaming the opposition for the shortfall in power, i wonder why people in authority are allowed to make reckless comments and nobody seems to question them. Same happen with the information minister when ebola broke out initially.

And with the reckless comment your paymaster spew on the media every minutes you see nothing wrong with it? i mean Hell rufai, Lai Muhammed and Kwakwaso

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: you are not helping your party with this your APC publicity, na wa you o Mr. Sincere9gerian
Just imagine the lies, you need to see his numerous post earlier this year blaming everyone in the opposition.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

And with the reckless comment your paymaster spew on the media every minutes you see nothing wrong with it? i mean Hell rufai, Lai Muhammed and Kwakwaso
Example please.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: 1) There was an improvement late 2012 (just as there's an improvement now) and a drastic reduction early 2013 (dry season). This thread was created when the reduction started.

https://www.nairaland.com/1232672/4500mw-nairalanders-how-power-supply

is not funny we keep hovering around 4500mw after spending over $50 billion under the pdp on power.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
2) From July 2012 (it was described as a "miracle" )
Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by brownlord: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
Example please.

What you mean example, all the comment from those idiat especially the jobless el rufai against Jonathan like you not in this country.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: A similar thread was created around 2 years ago and I'll repeat what I wrote on that thread.

Obiagelli pls take note of the emboldened
barcanista: 4 ur case I accept out of court settlement!!!
@ topic: I've not seen any improvement other than the usual trick to make one pay bills and also endorse a propaganda. Let me tell you hw its done... They will giv 12hrs lite to Ikoyi for dis month, surulere nxt month, apapa another month, mushjin other month, alimoso another month etc... After the 1month/few weeks "enjoyment" they will gradually reduce to 8hrs 2day, 4hrs and back to 2hrs(depending on location). The cycle is usually repeated till election year.
NOTE: every areas take turns to enjoy this "gift". It has been happening since Obj days.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

What you mean example, all the comment from those idiat especially the jobless el rufai against Jonathan like you not in this country.
please post one of the reckless lies and in what capacity it was made.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
Just imagine the lies, you need to see his numerous post earlier this year blaming everyone in the opposition.
he's only working "hard" for his pay. It's not easy to work for a corrupt and deceptive government. Their blame game has become boring

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
See, it's a cycle (increase-reduction-increase-reduction)
From February 2012

Power Supply Drops To 3,900mw
https://www.nairaland.com/869706/power-supply-drops-3900mw
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: Obiagelli pls take note of the emboldened
Very true bro, i hope Sincere9gerian can shed more light here.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: See, it's a cycle (increase-reduction-increase-reduction)
From February 2012

Sincere9gerian!!!
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
naptu2: 2) From July 2012 (it was described as a "miracle" )
Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving
From February 2012
Naptu2 you are absolutely right. Its a trick started by Chief Obasanjo, emulated by Yar Adua and now Jonathan. Its a cycle that never ends. We'll just be going back and forth every year without making progress. Oh I remember one Minister under Jonathan that blamed power problem on witches and wizards
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by MizMyColi(f): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2014

Where I live @Ago-Okota, there is significant change.

However some conspiracy theories I'm reading on here's giving me reasons to hold my applaud to those in-charge.

I'll just keep following the thread to learn more.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
Very true bro, i hope Sincere9gerian can shed more light here.
The government first blamed civil servants, later they blamed pipeline and facility vandals, next they blamed "Witches and Wizards", now they are blaming opposition. Despite the Billions of dollars that has been sunk/looted in the name of Power. Next they will blame the unborn and future generation for their failure.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by naptu2: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
I do remember that this was implemented back in 2010, because I remember how my neighbour was praising the president for it. Minimum of 16 hours electricity per day in mid 2010.

Breaking News - Lagos,abuja To Enjoy 16-24hrs Of Power Supply - Committee On Power
https://www.nairaland.com/455040/breaking-news-lagosabuja-enjoy-16-24hrs

I could go all the way back to 2007. You'll find similar threads. I remember that Kobojunkie commented on almost all of them. It's still the same cycle of increase and reduction.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by brownlord: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
please post one of the reckless lies and in what capacity it was made.

You know i'm not one of the beneficiaries of TAN ipad, so won't have the time surf the net. a simple google search will help you.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/07/jonathan-scheming-to-become-life-president-kwankwaso-alleges.html

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Jonathan-is-after-my-life-Kwankwaso-20140612/comments
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
MizMyColi:

Where I live @Ago-Okota, there is significant change.

However some conspiracy theories I'm reading on here's giving me reasons to hold my applaud to those in-charge.

I'll just keep following the thread to learn more.

point of order ma, there are no conspiracy theories here on dis thread
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: The government first blamed civil servants, later they blamed pipeline and facility vandals, next they blamed "Witches and Wizards", now they are blaming opposition. Despite the Billions of dollars that has been sunk/looted in the name of Power. Next they will blame the unborn and future generation for their failure.
$51 billion, billion dollars shocked yet we only reach 4500mw every rainy season. Yet they want us to vote the pdp again.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by MizMyColi(f): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: point of order ma, there are no conspiracy theories here on dis thread
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory
proposition that accuses two or more persons, a
group, or an organization of having caused or
covered up, through secret planning and
deliberate action
, an illegal or harmful event or
situation - wikipedia
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
From February 2012

So where is the thread on improved power supply in 2013, whether dry or raining season? We are waiting

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

You know i'm not one of the beneficiaries of TAN ipad, so won't have the time surf the net. a simple google search will help you.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/07/jonathan-scheming-to-become-life-president-kwankwaso-alleges.html

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Jonathan-is-after-my-life-Kwankwaso-20140612/comments

how exactly can/have proven these are lies? I have bursted the lies of the power and education ministers, you should too with enough evidence
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
$51 billion, billion dollars shocked yet we only reach 4500mw every rainy season. Yet they want us to vote the pdp again.
that's why I call them a government of deceit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Approves Seven Years Jail Term For '‘yahoo Boys’' / Very Disturbing News From Germany / Africa's Top 10 Greatest Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.