Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,918 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:00 AM

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather (4534 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

We passed through the worst experiences when the rains were high this year.

So what was responsible for that ?. Over 70% of our generating depends of gas and you know what consistent gas pipeline sabotage will cause . .
rain was high when? The rain started around May, it takes time to fill the dams.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
rain was high when? The rain started around May, it takes time to fill the dams.

The rains started very early this year and even during June-July, the experience was very terrible . . . . So ?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

OrlandoOwoh vandalising pipeline really got me laughing.

@ topic, what do think is the reason behind this increased, the rain? Or better secured pipelines?
See me see trouble o.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

What do you want me to say , when folks like OrlandoOwoh are saying it is a GEJ ploy to wrestle power from the APC in Lagos just like what he did when he visited Osogbo for the Osun polls . . . .

Tell me why people with such a mindset won't go out vandalizing gas pipelines simply because they feel it is a reelection ploy, when in essence should be commended as an effort in the right direction . . . . . .
Though Jonathan is clueless, the little gimmicks used for him is known.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

The rains started very early this year and even during June-July, the experience was very terrible . . . . So ?
i am quite sure it started fully in May, anyway the dry season is almost here. I hope they sustain their "gas supply" then.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
See me see trouble o.
grin grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Though Jonathan is clueless, the little gimmicks used for him is known.

And hence you will seek to sabotage that **gimmick** to preserve your electoral victory . . .

When next there is a major sabotage . . . Your name and people with your mentality will quickly come to the mind.

Well done . . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
i am quite sure it started fully in May, anyway the dry season is almost here. I hope they sustain their "gas supply" then.

Hopefully, lets us watch and see . . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

And hence you will seek to sabotage that **gimmick** to preserve your electoral victory . . .

When next there is a major sabotage . . . Your name and people with your mentality will quickly come to the mind.

Well done . . .
If you're deceived, I'm not.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If you're deceived, I'm not.

Hence the power sabotage from your ilks right ?

Well done . . . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by shizzleStar: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Anyim speaking now......just announced SS has over 4million signatories on the TAN register and registration is still ongoing. cool

I can see obiagelli aka berem sweating already cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
shizzleStar: Anyim speaking now......just announced SS has over 4million signatories on the TAN register and registration is still ongoing. cool

I can see obiagelli aka berem sweating already cheesy

Na by so . . . .What's the assurance that they will all go out to vote and even if they do, it will be for GEJ if he is on the ballot paper . . .

Too early for that bruv . . . .grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

Hence the power sabotage from your ilks right ?

Well done . . . .
Jonathan is the C-in-C of all security agencies, what stops him from using them to secure our pipelines? Is it not a clueless farmer that won't weed his farm and secure it after planting crops? I'm sure you won't understand this logic because you're also clueless.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by shizzleStar: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
19hrs power supply for almost 2months now, Goodluck is performing, enemies are vexing with their hate. Rain season kor, dry season ni. No time for any yeye propaganda thread

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by shizzleStar: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

Na by so . . . .What's the assurance that they will all go out to vote and even if they do, it will be for GEJ if he is on the ballot paper . . .

Too early for that bruv . . . .grin
I know right, at least an overwhelming majority of those in attendance will vote him, that's a given.

Its a two away thing thou, as there's no guarantee that attendees at APC rallies will vote them too. Ekiti readily comes to mind cool

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Obiagelli:

Hey...

your ascribing the improvement to rain isn't entirely correct, for one thing(heck I'm not even sure the black rains have come this year), our hydro capacity hasn't increased in years but the electricity consumers steadily and constantly increase. If you've looked at GEJs power sector reform roadmap (particularly rev 1) you will see that there are a lot of gas projects that were scheduled to be delivered last year and this year, that's the cause.You should have noticed that the minister of power is promising improved power next month, it's probably because there are more projects(upgrades as well as greenfield projects) coming on stream.

Our hydro plants are an integral part of our grid but let's not ignore the fact that things are changing in the power sector...slowly, yes but we aren't where we used to be.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Miner13: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Jonathan is the C-in-C of all security agencies, what stops him from using them to secure our pipelines? Is it not a clueless farmer that won't weed his farm and secure it after planting crops? I'm sure you won't understand this logic because you're also clueless.

grin grin grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You are like the arson who consistently seeks out to set devastating bush wires in the country side, but in turn blames the authorities for the attendant impacts borne by populace from such demonic acts.

Am sure you won't understand this logic because you're also very demonic in nature . . . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
shizzleStar:
I know right, at least an overwhelming majority of those in attendance will vote him, that's a given.

Its a two away thing thou, as there's no guarantee that attendees at APC rallies will vote them too. Ekiti readily comes to mind cool

grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

You are like the arson who consistently seeks out to set devastating bush wires in the country side, but in turn blames the authorities for the attendant impacts borne by populace from such demonic acts.

Am sure you won't understand this logic because you're also very demonic in nature . . . .
You've contracted the clueless virus. I'm not surprised, your boss spreads. Mimiko got it recently.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You've contracted the clueless virus. I'm not surprised, your boss spreads. Mimiko got it recently.

You have also contacted the demonic virus. I am not surprised cos your party spreads the plague among her unfortunate supporters . . .

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
netotse:

Hey...

your ascribing the improvement to rain isn't entirely correct, for one thing(heck I'm not even sure the black rains have come this year), our hydro capacity hasn't increased in years but the electricity consumers steadily and constantly increase. If you've looked at GEJs power sector reform roadmap (particularly rev 1) you will see that there are a lot of gas projects that were scheduled to be delivered last year and this year, that's the cause.You should have noticed that the minister of power is promising improved power next month, it's probably because there are more projects(upgrades as well as greenfield projects) coming on stream.

Our hydro plants are an integral part of our grid but let's not ignore the fact that things are changing in the power sector...slowly, yes but we aren't where we used to be.
you mean promises like this?

naptu2: Mumu Nigerians - Power Generation: Jonathan Projects 20,000mw By 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/553359/mumu-nigerians-power-generation-jonathan
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Firefire(m): 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
finger pointing by who exactly ? Please be clear.

Finger pointing by anyone accusing anybody of vandalizing gas pipeline without any empirical evidence to show

God hate lies.

The Federal Government of Nigeria has every resource to protect the gas line from vandalism.

Nigerians need constant power supply. Finito!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

You have also contacted the demonic virus. I am not surprised cos your party spreads the plague among her unfortunate supporters . . .
I can show proof of a person that is clueless, can you show that of a person that is "demonic"?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

Finger pointing by anyone accusing anybody of vandalizing gas pipeline without any empirical evidence to show

God hate lies.

The Federal Government of Nigeria has every resource to protect the gas line from vandalism.

Agree.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
you mean promises like this?

I assumed you were interested in discussing Power not Politics...my bad.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
grin grin grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I can show proof of a person that is clueless, can you show that of a person that is "demonic"?

You are a proof, cos you seek reverse in anything good the populace should be enjoying at the alter of partisan support . . .
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
netotse:

I assumed you were interested in discussing Power not Politics...my bad.
unfortunately they are too related.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmaine:

You are a proof, cos you seek reverse in anything good the populace should be enjoying at the alter of partisan support . . .
Have you heard of the word, empiricism? That is what I need.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by netotse(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

God hate lies.

Chairman, it's not that easy o...

With crude oil pipelines, vandals usually want to siphon the crude into another container and sell, this takes time and they need to be careful while doing this. My guess is that it would take hours to achieve this.

With gas pipelines, vandals simply want to destroy the pipeline, you locate the pipeline put explosives and vamoose before detonating it. Care to estimate how long it would take?
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by jmaine: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Have you heard of the word, empiricism? That is what I need.

Your thought process that the current improvement is an electoral gimmick is apt. In other words, you are not remotely happy cos you desire it is not so . . .

That is demonic . .. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Chekwas Okorie's Candidacy A Threat To Jonathan's Votes From Igbos? / See Leaked Text Message Between President Goodluck And Jega / Enugu LGA Chairmen Deny Going Into Hiding Because Of EFCC Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.