Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,484 members, 7,892,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury (14035 Views)

NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport / Picture Of Flt Lt. Ebitimi Owei One Of The Victims Of The Crashed Fighter Jet / Pic: Nigeria's Presidential Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Both luxury and necessity. If you can afford one, you'll really be happy you got one.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Htown64(m): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2014
cr8v: I have always known that the church is ahead of the world in wisdom. I have always known that one day history will vindicate Bishop Oyedepo and co who in a bid to fulfill their callings have crossed limitations of religion and a poverty mindset to do the unusual. These people travel the world over to preach the Gospel in fulfillment of the prophecy that every nation will hear the Gospel before the end. They realize that there is no more time and everything ,ust he done as fast as possible and jet can ne a leverage. The world doesn't know their itinary but would prefer to criticize. The worst is fellow Christians who joined the debit in the camp of the accuser of the brethren

Talking about "WISDOM" Owning a private jet is different from a chartered one and the latter is the best option for every business minded individual or firm. So your pastor owning a private jet is not wisdom because the foreign trips that he makes are not into the amazon's but to cities where the gospel has already been preached.

4 Likes

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by MissTeaseMe(f): 8:52am On Sep 03, 2014
cr8v: I have always known that the church is ahead of the world in wisdom. I have always known that one day history will vindicate Bishop Oyedepo and co who in a bid to fulfill their callings have crossed limitations of religion and a poverty mindset to do the unusual. These people travel the world over to preach the Gospel in fulfillment of the prophecy that every nation will hear the Gospel before the end. They realize that there is no more time and everything ,ust he done as fast as possible and jet can ne a leverage. The world doesn't know their itinary but would prefer to criticize. The worst is fellow Christians who joined the debit in the camp of the accuser of the brethren

How come the present pope (who travels more than these pastors) does not use a private jet even with one at his disposal. How is it that he lives so modestly and is encouraging all cardinals to emulate him. If efficiency is your excuse for them, na u sabi.

3 Likes

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by MissTeaseMe(f): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2014
Afghanistan: Both luxury and necessity. If you can afford one, you'll really be happy you got one.
Absolutely. Especially if you worked for it. It is a luxurious necessity especially for those in multinational corporations
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by legacyint: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2014
MrDoGood:

wt r u saying?
hw oyedepo take concern the topic now?
He is just trying to vindicate the man of God,owning a jet is not d issue,but a fleet of jet is a topic for discussion.just saying.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by ATSOMEH(f): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=mrvocalprowes,I'll rather b rich and cry in a private plane ,dan b broke and cry in a danfo !![/quote]
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by epospiky(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2014
Well, in my opinion i think it depends. It's not entirely bad to own one when one's reason is important and obvious.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by legacyint: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2014
InvertedHammer: /
Pure and refined luxury.

This is 2014. What meeting?

Teleconference has bridged that physical divide long time ago.

It is still cheaper to buy emergent business class ticket to meet appointment compared to the annual parking fees of the jets.

What does Oyedepo need 4 jets for? How many times does that frog eye travel in a month?

I blame the idi.ots supporting his flamboyant lifestyle

\
i just can't believe u re pouring insults on a man of God who owes u notin,haters will always continue to hate.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2014
GbengaPs:
Fellow thieves? Are u kidding? Na wa for you ooo. Is it only thieves that can afford a private jet
na wa you ooooo...get the clue and if you can't...uhmm that's it.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Well I think I am about to get the Gulfstream G6 the most luxurious private jet now.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by nora544: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2014
For a company I see it okay when they have a private jet when it can be used by different people.
For a very rich owner of a copmpany it is also okay when he has a private jet.

For pastors they don't need it, because they know their programs weeks before and please don't tell me that you need to fly to London from Abuja or Lagos you need a private jet because there is no flight.
Every pastor who fly first class has a flamboyant lifestile and that is not christian like.
Adeboye was in London for a wedding from one of this pastors sons who have problems in Uk so please tell me is this spreading the gospel.
I know also that Adeboye write that he has to travel to 144 different countries and than I read that he come to main europa only every second year,and this is possible with a normal plane because from lagos you can fly every day to Europa, that show that this is also the same pastor who like his luxury lifestile.

And Oyedepo is not better he is the same, every time i read his name in my language it sound a little bit like a dirty word.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by InvertedHammer: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
legacyint: i just can't believe u re pouring insults on a man of God who owes u notin,haters will always continue to hate.
\
What man of God?

We are all men of God created in God's image and likeness.

And we shall all die.
/
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Btruth: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Those jets are bigger toys with an in-built executive f.cking chamber. I've heard some silly big guns saying they love doing their things in the air.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by okonja(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
God punish poverty, If i can afford it, I would definitely go for it
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by andyzoga: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hey! Have you ever heard of "Shepherd One"?
alobam1:

See them ohhh..For those of you supporting Oyedepo and co for buying private jets.This is for you..The Pope,which is the head of the Catholic church travels on Public transport..Air Italia..The pope is the leader of the world's biggest Christian denomination,Yet he travels on Public transport..Who is much more revered,more known,more busier between the Pope and the local champions we have here..Oyedepo,adeboyo,orisejafor,etc..
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by nora544: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
andyzoga: Hey! Have you ever heard of "Shepherd One"?

What you mean with shepherd one please explaine!

1 Like

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by andyzoga: 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
It is a famous special aircraft used by the Pope and operated by the Italian Air Force. You can read more about it online.
nora544:

What you mean with shepherd one please explaine!
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by manny4life(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
andyzoga: It is a famous special aircraft used by the Pope and operated by the Italian Air Force. You can read more about it online.

My friend, that's just an aircraft call sign the pope is in, just like Nigerian One, Air force One... Same thing although it is a chartered aircraft. The Vatican doesn't own a private jet till date.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by andyzoga: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
I dont get you yet, please I need more clarification on it. Many thanks.
manny4life:

My friend, that's just an aircraft call sign the pope is in, just like Nigerian One, Air force One... Same thing although it is a chartered aircraft. The Vatican doesn't own a private jet till date.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Reference(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Absolute necessity. I have five cities I wish to visit in the next week and a half, three within the next two days. Wish I had one. When it comes okay.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by nora544: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
andyzoga: It is a famous special aircraft used by the Pope and operated by the Italian Air Force. You can read more about it online.

I know what you mean but it is nothing what a nIgerian pastors has because the pope has no privat jet. He rent a plane from the Italien airways and he always come together with many people many journalist and some bishops travel with him together and their is nothing like a first class, he always makw a press conference when he fly.

The Pope has no private Jet!!!!! Like this fake nigerian rich pastors.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by mediachirps(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
You mean metal birds?
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by andyzoga: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
I'll appreciate it if you could educate me on this rather than putting in sentiments here. I have no business with any pastor having jets or not. Manny4life has given me a meaningful contribution here and that's why am seeking more to add to my knowledge on the subject I brought forward. I got to hear of Shepherd One for the first time from someone too, so need I to know more about it so as not to pass any wrong information to anyone. Sentiments apart please, thank you!
nora544:

I knw what you mean but it is nothing what a nIgerian pastors has because the pope has nor privat jet. He rent a plane from the Italien airways and he always come together with many people many journalist and some bishops travel with him together and their is nothing like a first class, he always makw a press conference when he fly.

The Pope has no private Jet!!!!! Like this fake nigerian rich pastors.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by nora544: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
andyzoga: I'll appreciate it if you could educate me on this rather than putting in sentiments here. I have no business with any pastor having jets or not. Manny4life has given me a meaningful contribution here and that's why am seeking more to add to my knowledge on the subject I brought forward. I got to hear of Shepherd One for the first time from someone too, so need I to know more about it so as not to pass any wrong information to anyone. Sentiments apart please, thank you!

When the pope rent a plane from the italien airways the name of the plane is sheperd one.

It is a normal Plane where people fly every day.
I hear from the Bishop from Vienna that the Pope sit together with the jounalist and he speak with them or they pray for every country they fly over with the plane and send a message.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
chidimmaaa: I would have said luxury but then, with the way public airlines have bin crashing, its better u have urs and, it makes things a whole lot easier for u. No one is delay ur flight but just u and, u dnt av to sit near an annoying passenger

Any type of aircraft is susceptible to crashes, not just commercial.

There are far more crashes in private aircrafts than are in commercial.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
manny4life:

Try Eagle One, even though it sounds silly as heck.
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by manny4life(m): 12:19am On Sep 04, 2014
andyzoga: I dont get you yet, please I need more clarification on it. Many thanks.

Most aircraft or even some airlines have what is called a "Call Sign". A Call Sign is a unique identifier signifying a particular aircraft and more precisely, the cargo or persons it's carrying. For instance, Air force One becomes Air Force One the moment Obama steps into that B747. Same applies to Nigerian President. The Call Sign becomes Air Force One. In a radio transmission, radar centers can quickly identify that's the airplane carrying the U.S. President. If the President should fly on say American Airlines, that American Airline flight becomes Air Force One (Hypothetically speaking), not that it will EVER happen.

Same applies to the Shepard One, although the plane is operated by Alitalia or even the Italian Air Force, the moment the Pope steps into the aircraft and it becomes airborne, the call sign changes immediately. When you hear of Shepard One, you know it's the Pope on transit. The same could be applied to an aircraft carrying special cargo for the military or special persons... There's ALWAYS a call sign.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 04, 2014
manny4life:

Most aircraft or even some airlines have what is called a "Call Sign". A Call Sign is a unique identifier signifying a particular aircraft and more precisely, the cargo or persons it's carrying. For instance, Air force One becomes Air Force One the moment Obama steps into that B747. Same applies to Nigerian President. The Call Sign becomes Air Force One. In a radio transmission, radar centers can quickly identify that's the airplane carrying the U.S. President. If the President should fly on say American Airlines, that American Airline flight becomes Air Force One (Hypothetically speaking), not that it will EVER happen.

Same applies to the Shepard One, although the plane is operated by Alitalia or even the Italian Air Force, the moment the Pope steps into the aircraft and it becomes airborne, the call sign changes immediately. When you hear of Shepard One, you know it's the Pope on transit. The same could be applied to an aircraft carrying special cargo for the military or special persons... There's ALWAYS a call sign.

Just to clarify/add.

There is not one plane reserved for the Pope.

They simply take a commercial airliner and when the Pope get's on board it becomes "Shepherd One".

The US President also flies on "Marine One", the USMC helicopter that shuttles him around from the White House typically.

Also not commercial but US Presidents have flown in other aircrafts before other, typically when surveying war scenes or responding to disasters.

I've seen many 747 fly over but it is another thing to see Air Force One in flight, she's a real beauty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident At Ojuwo-olijo In Kogi, Car Burnt (Photos) / Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG / Ukraine Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.