Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Modified - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified (19033 Views)

mODIFIED / modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modified by qtx(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: DR. GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN

ECONOMY
1. Nigeria Debt profile was cleared by the Obasanjo Administration. As at September 2010(6 Months After Jonathan ascended to power), Nigeria's Debt was $4.53 billion. As at today, Nigeria's debt stand at $66.99 billion. Yet The country still suffers High Unemployment rate and relatively lack of Infracstructure.
2.The inflation rate in Nigeria was recorded at 8.30 percent in July of 2014
3. Nigeria import-Export ratio stand at 97%-3% in favor of Import
4. Under Jonathan, Hoarding, Black market, selling above approved price eg Fuel, Gas, Kerosene etc and all.

CORRUPTION:
1. Ministers Stella Odua is walking a free woman despite Her 1ndictment by Presidential Committee, Senate Committee, HoReps on the N260m bullet proof cars. She's even aspiring for the Senate.
2. Corrupt convict Alamesiegha was pardoned in less than 8 years after his conviction for corruption by the Administration
3. Femi Otedola, Ifeanyi Ubah, Dizieani Maduekwe and other Subsidy THIEVEs 1ndicted by Presidential Panel and Parliamentary Panel for billions of DOLLAR fraud, are walking scot free..Coincidentally, Maduekwe is the Petroleum Minister and Chairman of NNPC and Ifeanyi Ubah is the leader of TAN Group Campaign-that advocated for Jonathan's reelection.
4. Alleged Corrupt Officials in the ruling and opposition parties are walking scot free. Some of them have corruption case withdrawn by the Government eg Presidential allies Fani Kayode and Mohamed Abacha. Some have their conviction upturned for "flimsy" reasons.eg Olabode George.
5. despite the High corruption in every sector, NO HIGH PROFILE conviction has been made by the administration.
6. The President Publicly said "Stealing Is Not Corruption"
7. $20b is allegedly missing from the treasury. Though the Finance Minister refuted the claim but admited that "about $10b is unremitted"

INSURGENCY
1.The Government Inherited Boko-Haram sect...After they were initially contained by the Yar Adua's Administration. under the watch of this government, scores have dies prematurely by the sect, towns, villages and communities captured. Military Personnel demotivated, some refused posting, majority complaining of inadequate weapons and ammunitions. over 6000 Nigerians have been killed. Hundreds kidnapped, infamous of the kidnap is the CHIBOK KIDNAP of over 200 school girls.
2. Militants and Not Naval Personnel are incharge of our waterways in the creeks earning Billions on monthly basis. Oil Bunkering is still common and shortchanging the treasury.

OTHER SECURITY
1. Robbery, Rituality, BABY FACTORY, Advanced Fee Fraud, "One Chance" is a common menace.
2. Political motivated thuggery, street thuggery is not uncommon.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
The Government Promised 4 NEW Refineries in 2012 and upgrade of existing ones. Till DATE nothing has changed. Fuel Subsidy Import Bill stands at N1trn.

THE PRESS
The Government SIgned the Freedom of Information Bill into Law, which is plausible. But Cases of Military harrassing Pressmen and journalists on daily basis, That the Committee to Protect Journalists on August 22, 2014Warned of dire consequences should the infringement persist.(One begins to wonder the sincerity in the FOI law).
how much did APC pay you? politricking for apc candidate. weldone. As usual Nairaland politics that dont normally go beyond the nairaland homepage. I laf in my village language kwekiskwkhiskhwkkmkswk

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Freest(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Demdem2:

I feel u. Not that they expect anything extra ordinary from the drunkard.
So u guys drink together? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Demdem2: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
BrosPeter:

Am not into tribal fights, am neither yoruba or Igbo (the two tribes most guilty) check my antecedents and post history. I just thought you were the other slowpoke DemDem.
Apologies if my post appeared tribal.

In otherwords u believe demdem is yoruba that is involved in tribal fights and u aren't talking with him eh grin grin
So many dumbs on this thread. grin
Anyway list Jonathan achievement as governor.
Re: Modified by Demdem2: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Freest:
So u guys drink together? lipsrsealed

Jonathan is a kaikai addict.

1 Like

Re: Modified by omerta(f): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Freest:
Omerta or wah's dat name of urs.... Sharap ur mouth!!! Wat name is dere to tarnish?
Name kor, tarnish ni' Where there was never a name u're talking of tarnishing!!! Lemme tell u something, d day buhari and all of u combine decides to force urselves into power, tadaan; our next civil war begins... undecided
Learn to type more correctly, please. As for the civil war, though not a war drum beater, the emergence of either candidate can create war. So, it doesn't go GMB' s way alone...

1 Like

Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
LeStylo: The biggest disservice of GMB in my opinion was perhaps being humane when the nation least deserved it. His campaign to rid Nigeria of corruption and indiscipline was well-timed with J.J Rawlings campaign.

GMBs government magnanimously doled out prison terms and when asked why in one of his interviews said, "It is important to keep them away well enough for the society to regain its sanity". Many got as high as 100yrs. J.J Rawlings thought differently. He summarily executed all thieving kingpins of Ghana. A lot of sanity was restored in Ghana.

Perhaps Nigeria would not have evolved yet another generation of thieving public office holders, deadlier in act.

Perhaps...

Its ok to portray JJ Rawlings as a hero, go ask any Ghanain what they think of him now. A visit to Ghnaweb or one of their forums would change your mind.

In saner climates, the court hold juridiction on matters of corruption and fraud, not the supreme military council.
Re: Modified by atlwireles: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
caseless: sometimes, i wonder if u and atlwireles read history, ' assimilate' , b4 making inputs. U present ur point so wel, but it is always watery due to lack of history and coterminous judgement.

Plame, what history are you talking about? When it comes to Buhari, I don't need to read any history books. I was alive and lived everyday of his miserable 18 months.
Re: Modified by LeStylo: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: DR. GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN

ECONOMY
1. Nigeria Debt profile was cleared by the Obasanjo Administration. As at September 2010(6 Months After Jonathan ascended to power), Nigeria's Debt was $4.53 billion. As at today, Nigeria's debt stand at $66.99 billion. Yet The country still suffers High Unemployment rate and relatively lack of Infracstructure.
2.The inflation rate in Nigeria was recorded at 8.30 percent in July of 2014
3. Nigeria import-Export ratio stand at 97%-3% in favor of Import
4. Under Jonathan, Hoarding, Black market, selling above approved price eg Fuel, Gas, Kerosene etc and all.

This fact is more damning when x-rayed against the disappearance of a total of $67b from ECA and Reserves left by the Obj govt and almost totally depleted by the current govt. Interestingly, NOI has been the Finance egg-header for Nigeria for 13 out of 15.5yrs of PDP plundering rule of the nation.

Think!
Re: Modified by jmaine: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
atlwireles: Ibb, Obj, Abdulsalami, and even Gowon have 100% possibility of wining the presidential election in Nigeria any day. Buhari, no matter how you guys repackage him, will remain a constant loser.

In simple terms . . . . . . . A bad product we trashed here to stupor in 2011 , is being repackaged in a very clownish fashion amidst fanfare . . .

Am just laughing here after seeing the futility of team Buhari in trying to catalyze an already dead reaction . . . .

I deylaff ooo . . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Modified by yomexp(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
anago90: why compare sleep with death. the only person that ought to be compared with gej is anini. it's utter disrespect putting the general in the same sentence with the toilet waste oozing corruption lord of otueke.
jonathan should be compared with the likes of OCHENDU of ABIA, SUSWAN, IDRIS WADA, ODUAGHAN and BABANGIDA ALIU

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Iykopee(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: And your point is??

Btw:
What was Obasanjo's achievement btw 1976 and 1979? What was his achievement btw 1999 and 2007? Should we do Obasanjo/Jonathan head 2 head?

One of the feat for which many Nigerians doff their hat for obasanjo is the transition programme culminating in the handover of power to a civilian president in 1979.
(his major achievement)
When he was presented as presidential aspirant in 1999 general elections, he won massively with landslide victory becos he had the peoples' trusts.
Who could believe the same man made hideous attempts to subvert the constitution through enemies of the masses, praise singers of his selfish desire and insatiable hunger for power to rerun for round three of leadership, a path that shattered his past record? Atleast his past was commendable, his present exposed the devil in him.
So tell me why wont i believe same is applicable to buhari with a commendable past but an undetermined present?

2 Likes

Re: Modified by Rawani: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
The track record of achievements left by General Buhari during his tenure as the Executive Chairman of the defunct PTF, between 1995 and 1999, has made many Nigerians of goodwill who are yearning for a national leadership that would show unreserved commitment for the transformation of the country’s infrastructure and social services system to root for his presidency. With only about N60 billion, he was able to excellently utilize the funds on accelerated projects of road construction/rehabilitation, food security, water supply, provision of drugs and medical equipment and ambulances to hospitals, refurbishment of educational institutions at all levels and empowering them with educational materials and other logistic and so on.

The projects which the PTF executed nationwide under General Buhari, have impacted positively on the common man and have remained so in many places. In comparison to the projects being pursued by the present regime in the country, those executed by the fund were qualitative, cost effective and timely delivered. Disregard any contrary tales as they are baseless propaganda more suited for shoving where the sun don't shine. If N25 billion was missing as alleged, and only N35 billion was used to build all those roads and schools, equip all those hospitals and construct all those boreholes, then Gen Buhari is not only a competent leader with integrity and capacity, but an epitome of frugality and efficient financial management.

1 Like

Re: Modified by atlwireles: 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
jmaine:

In simple terms . . . . . . . A bad product we trashed here to stupor in 2011 , is being repackaged in a very clownish fashion amidst fanfare . . .

Am just laughing here after seeing the futility of team Buhari in trying to catalyze an already dead reaction . . . .

Can you imagine this people. undecided
Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Demdem2:

In otherwords u believe demdem is yoruba and u aren't talking with him eh grin grin
So many dumbs on this thread. grin
Anyway list Jonathan achievement as governor.

Bros am just here to warn naive minds about evil Buhari, give me another northerner like Ribadu and my vote will fly North.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Freest(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
omerta: Learn to type more correctly, please. As for the civil war, though not a war drum beater, the emergence of either candidate can create war. So, it doesn't go GMB' s way alone...
Thanks for the correction, that's noted... Plus you should just shut up for once. It bothers me sometimes to see youths like you not thinking straight.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
jmaine:

bacanister is trying to catalyze an already dead reaction . . . .

So terrible. Nigerians have short memory. O ma se oooo. What a pity. sad

1 Like

Re: Modified by GovWahala: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
berem: I so much hate it when someone tries to mix religion and politics together. Shove your biblical quotes down inside your perforated a$$!
angry
Nairaland gave u the platform to act out your animalistic behaviors, Keep it up. Cramjones used and Dumped Rag.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Demdem2: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
BrosPeter:

Bros am just here to warn naive minds about evil Buhari, give me another northerner like Ribadu and my vote will fly North.

Unfortunately u have shown ursef to be much more naive and ignorant. U are the one that needs help.
Re: Modified by jmaine: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
atlwireles:

Can you imagine this people. undecided

Dolts never learn, you need to continually whip them until they go into extinction . . .Allow them to engage futilely , while we smile and laugh at their epic and mind shattering stupidity . . . . .grin

3 Likes

Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
GovWahala:
Nairaland gave u the platform to act out your animalistic behaviors, Keep it up. Cramjones used and Dumped Rag.

I beg leave her alone. By their fruits you shall know them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Modified by Freest(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
If Buhari was that good as you guys are portraying, why has he lost 3 consecutive elections Is it that Nigerian's are daft? Or? Pls Buhari faithful answer...

2 Likes

Re: Modified by jmaine: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Firefire:

bacanister is trying to catalyze an already dead reaction . . . .

So terrible. Nigerians have short memory. O ma se oooo. What a pity. sad

It's rather amusing to me . . .Lolz . . . . grin.

3 Likes

Re: Modified by chinasaekperem: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Barcanista, why compare GEJ with a man with a long criminal profile, so you want a man almost approaching a century in age to be my president yet you want we youth to be the leaders of tomorrow. Buhari is a nigerian past, how on earth is he gonna be our future, am surprised at some of you.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Demdem2:

Unfortunately u have shown ursef to be much more naive and ignorant. U are the one that needs help.

Hmmm....seems like you pick and choose what you want to believe. I posted some articles here for posterity, you'd do well by reading them.
Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
chinasaekperem: Barcanista, why compare GEJ with a man with a long criminal profile, so you want a man almost approaching a century in age to be my president yet you want we youth to be the leaders of tomorrow. Buhari is a nigerian past, how on earth is he gonna be our future, am surprised at some of you.

Hatred for the Fisherman-President brings them here!

Reasoning beclouded.

1 Like

Re: Modified by JEITO: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
What new thing can a man in his 70ties, offer a fast growing nation like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Modified by GovWahala: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: Not comparism per se but Nigerians need to look at the record of both men to decide which to align with. In the face of TAN propaganda, Nigerians deserve to know "What Is going on", otherwise, we may fall for another 4years scam
By the time GEJ wins the 2015 elections, I just hope u won't deactivate this account of ur's or hack Nairaland like you and your APShiit rogues did when u lost the ekiti elections.
GEJ till he's tired.

2 Likes

Re: Modified by BrosPeter: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Freest: If Buhari was that good as you guys are portraying, why has he lost 3 consecutive elections Is it that Nigerian's are daft? Or? Pls Buhari faithful answer...

They do the same thing but expect different result...Buhari can never rule Nigeria again, except a divided Nigeria.
Re: Modified by omerta(f): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Freest:
Thanks for the correction, that's noted... Plus you should just shut up for once. It bothers me sometimes to see youths like you not thinking straight.
You could come shut me up, if you can! You opened your bigotry infested mouth to beat the drum of war, and I replied you in the same fashion. So, your "peace preaching" is very laughable. If indeed you are an "elder", then you are an insult to old age! Get your old, worn-out self out of mentions, and do not quote me again. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Modified by Demdem2: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
BrosPeter:

Hmmm....seems like you pick and choose what you want to believe. I posted some articles here for posterity, you'd do well by reading them.

What u posted are either peeps obvious skewed opinions or outright lies.
These aren't news, they have always been there.
Demdem2 knows the truth. Don't need ur articles .
Re: Modified by Firefire(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
JEITO: What new thing can a man in his 70ties, offer a fast growing nation like Nigeria

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Ofe ku si aso-rock ni.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Only an IdIot will compare a dictator who usurped power and authority to a man who was duly elected by a majority of his people to lead them. There is no basis for the comparison in the first place. The basis for the juxtaposition is just stupid and annoying. You can't compare someone who led in 1984 to someone who is leading in 2014. Realities have changed, systems have changed, our philosophies have changed, our lives have changed - Things are no longer the same.
We now have have a working democracy, Six- geo-political zones, 36 states, 774 local governments, hundreds to thousands of legislative members and judiciary at all levels.

Dont compare apples and oranges

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / Dino Melaye Rides Horse In Kwara (Pics) / Governor Amosun At The Convocation Ceremony Of Babcock University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.