Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,715 members, 7,979,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 08:40 AM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67595 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Kano is glorified "urban" ghetto.

This is what happens when we appoint fcktards like this as Policy Directors and senior civil servants in our education ministry. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxe7phw5SHs

They produce fcktards like iconize and Blackteeth. grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh, cretinous person, your Plinsipal taught you that urban is a tag used for villages, not cities? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can you see how dumb you are now? grin

person at its peak! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're even confusing yourself.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

You're even confusing yourself.

person, I am confusing myself by not "knowing" that urban is a tag used for villages? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Misogynist2014(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

person, I am confusing myself by not "knowing" that urban is a tag used for villages? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lagos is a CONURBATION(merging of two or more urban centres) while Frankfurt is a CITY(large urban town),both are determined by size and population.Is that all you are both tossing over and abusing one another like kids? :O
On my earlier post it was an error writing 'brain',wanted to write 'thinking'
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

This is what happens when we appoint fcktards like this as Policy Directors and senior civil servants in our education ministry. grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin cheesy grin
Diaris god oh

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:

You certainly have emotional issues.That you have wasted your time blabbing does not mean a lady is not molested right now.Anyone who drinks her life out must face the consequences of her action.
This is a very stupid law as a very good lawyer will fight and win the case.Aristotle is a very great man,he knows how deceptive women are when it comes to lying expectially SEX.

Because I argue this cause, I am emotional or have emotional issues? Laughable. I am very well aware of the fact that someone out there is "getting ra.ped" as you so eloquently put it - it happens every ninety seconds or less. You think it naive of me to challenge a dangerous view on an online forum and perhaps you are right in that, but the way I see it leaving it unchallenged isn't any better, especially since it's showing up directly in my mentions. If I cannot bring the writers of the comments to reason, my only hope would be to provide the audience with a comprehensive argument and hope it reaches a like-minded individual from their "school of thought". If you believe that "anyone who drinks her life out must face the consequences", I do not consider ra.pe a fair consequence of drinking, and additionally believe that anyone who ra.pes an incapacitated/sober person deserves all the sex offender and felony charges that befall him/her in a court of law.

As for Greek philosophy, mythology, or Greek anything, I studied at a private school most of my life - we beat that stuff with a stick and smoothed it out with an ironing board. Quite a few philosophers were particularly opposed to women having any sort of role in society outside of child bearing. I'm closely acquainted with Aristotle's views through my own interest in philosophy. In this respect, however, I'm more attuned to the views Plato and Socrates; two of the big three in Greek philosophy, and the teachers of Aristotle.

Feminists are only disturbing their life and happiness as Aristotle has made it clear that a woman gains her strength by obeying men.

I'm actually quite happy with my life. The only man I "obey" is my father, and even him I disagree with on occasion. I haven't noticed any change in "strength" in my doing so.

You can even see that in movies when the so called feminists kneel before men during sex just to cum that is part of the reason why they love divorcing and lesbianism. That awareness of the feminine nature is what is having a bounce back effect on western women and consequently on men and family.

You've lost me...
You say they'd find happiness in simply obeying men and "kneeling before men during sex just to cum" but in that same breath add that that leads to lesbianism and divorce

Since it has effect on family,the morals of the children over there is at all time low. Women blame rape on patriarchy but the most gruesome of punishment to rapists were deviced by men.Today,we have women who are protesting that women should like men be able to expose their breasts in public as part of equal rights. Funny as it sounds grin

I find your argument inconclusive. It is obvious to anyone with a rational mind that there is a culture of ra.pe, and blaming the victim for the act of the ra.pist. You can see it in this very thread. It is in fact common to punish women for being ra.ped in certain parts of the world. That there are/were some harsh punishments of old "deviced by men" doesn't address the issue at hand.

Equal rights since they have campaigned has not given equal results as almost anything thinkable both in developed countries and third world today are still being developed by men and every sector of our world are still being male dominated.To me,equality is only a fallacy,a rebellion,a marriage breaking and a political analogy fostered by women like hilary Clinton for their own personal benefit

You're going off on another tangent: equality. That's another discussion. But LMFAO@Hilary Clinton. I find it hilarious that you're attributing the idea of equality and it's so-called "marriage breaking" nature to Hilary specifically.

It is not that I support rape or I am against this law but whichever way you look at it,the law is against men as just like marital rape,normal rape,ladies can use this law for vengeance sake and no substantial proof can be gathered.

I doubt it's usefulness (the law), but I don't see how it's "against men". 1 in 33 men will be ra.ped in his lifetime, men are 82,000x more likely to be ra.ped than falsely accused and yet you and others try to make "false accusations" out as some devastatingly common occurrence instead of facing the real problem facing men and women in this realm: RA.PE. Even in the event of a false accusation, the system does not convict unless substantial proof is provided. In actuality, there are an overwhelming number of guilty individuals walking free due to lack of substantial evidence.

Today we have a lot of women against feminism because they are fed up being named victims,they are fed up thinking men's height are their target in life. In fact the most successful women are those that work within their limits and also seek advice from men when necessary e.g my all time favorite, Asian businesswomen.

Interesting. I don't consider myself a victim, and I've never thought of "men's height" which I consider an interesting notion and one that denotes an inferiority complex. I do however have my own ambitious goals that I strive for and want for myself. As for advice, I seek it whenever necessary from loved ones and experienced individuals whose advice I've come to value. I've no standing gender clause on that.

My all time obsession of feminists have passed,its the effects I base my time studing.Though I think a bit of feminist ideas is necessary but the obsession is very dangerous. Its not that feminism tallies with what you have been writing but I just think you posess a bit of obsession for the course . You have your ideas and he has his,not all of your ideas are perfectly right and same can be said of his but we all have to arrive at the idea that rape is bad,the law promoting irresponsibility is cruel as much as the law of abortion.
Though this law may seem less harmful but to me it promotes irresponsibility and increases the number of people going behind bars which might just have been avoided by being respectful to your body and that of your neighbour. sad

Abortion is yet another discussion. We'll have to see how the law pans out, but I don't see how it's "cruel". Your ability to be responsible for your own actions is not dependent on another person's so-called responsibility or lack thereof - that IS clear.

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Sagamite, is that your mother with gorilla brains in the video? grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014: Lagos is a CONURBATION(merging of two or more urban centres) while Frankfurt is a CITY(large urban town),both are determined by size and population.Is that all you are both tossing over and abusing one another like kids? :O

We're not discussing Lagos.

Sagamite told me population is the only determinant of a city.

He said if I see a society with no good roads, electricity, portable water, modern infrastructures, etc, I should call it a city so long as the society has a large population.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite tell us;

1) Where in this modern world, is a city only determined by its population.

2) Why Frankfurt is called a city even with its small population.

3) The determinants of a city.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014: Lagos is a CONURBATION(merging of two or more urban centres) while Frankfurt is a CITY(large urban town),both are determined by size and population.Is that all you are both tossing over and abusing one another like kids? :O

No. This person said population does not determine if a place is called a city. That, as he was taught by his Plinsipal contunu, it is if a place has good roads, electricity, portable water and modern infrastructures.

So Buckingham is a city but Lagos, Ibadan and Kano are just villages. He said a village can have millions of people.

That is the person's argument. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Sagamite, is that your mother with gorilla brains in the video? grin grin

She looks like you mother and thinks like her, no wonder you think Lagos is a village. grin

iconize:
He said if I see a society with no good roads, electricity, portable water, modern infrastructures, etc, I should call it a city so long as the society has a large population.

Define for us what a city and urban is.

And why Lagos is a village. grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
CFCfan:
grin grin cheesy grin
Diaris god oh

Imagine, she is a Senior Director on policy matters in the state Ministry of Education.

Can you now see why we keep on churning out moronic fcktards like iconize and Blackteeth? grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Because I argue this cause, I am emotional or have emotional issues? Laughable. I am very well aware of the fact that someone out there is "getting ra.ped" as you so eloquently put it - it happens every ninety seconds or less. You think it naive of me to challenge a dangerous view on an online forum and perhaps you are right in that, but the way I see it leaving it unchallenged isn't any better, especially since it's showing up directly in my mentions. If I cannot bring the writers of the comments to reason, my only hope would be to provide the audience with a comprehensive argument and hope it reaches a like-minded individual from their "school of thought". If you believe that "anyone who drinks her life out must face the consequences", I do not consider ra.pe a fair consequence of drinking, and additionally believe that anyone who ra.pes an incapacitated/sober person deserves all the sex offender and felony charges that befall him/her in a court of law.

As for Greek philosophy, mythology, or Greek anything, I studied at a private school most of my life - we beat that stuff with a stick and smoothed it out with an ironing board. Quite a few philosophers were particularly opposed to women having any sort of role in society outside of child bearing. I'm closely acquainted with Aristotle's views through my own interest in philosophy. In this respect, however, I'm more attuned to the views Plato and Socrates; two of the big three in Greek philosophy, and the teachers of Aristotle.

I'm actually quite happy with my life. The only man I "obey" is my father, and even him I disagree with on occasion. I haven't noticed any change in "strength" in my doing so.

You've lost me...
You say they'd find happiness in simply obeying men and "kneeling before men during sex just to cum" but in that same breath add that that leads to lesbianism and divorce

I find your argument inconclusive. It is obvious to anyone with a rational mind that there is a culture of ra.pe, and blaming the victim for the act of the ra.pist. You can see it in this very thread. It is in fact common to punish women for being ra.ped in certain parts of the world. That there are/were some harsh punishments of old "deviced by men" doesn't address the issue at hand.

You're going off on another tangent: equality. That's another discussion. But LMFAO@Hilary Clinton. I find it interesting that you're attributing the idea of equality and it's so-called "marriage breaking" nature to Hilary specifically.

I doubt it's usefulness (the law), but I don't see how it's "against men". 1 in 33 men will be ra.ped in his lifetime, men are 82,000x more likely to be ra.ped than falsely accused and yet you and others try to make "false accusations" out as some devastatingly common occurrence. Even in the event of a false accusation, the system does not convict unless substantial proof is provided. If fact, there are an overwhelming number of guilty individuals walking free due to lack of substantial evidence.

Interesting. I don't consider myself a victim, and I've never thought of "men's height" which I consider an interesting notion and one that denotes an inferiority complex. I do however have my own ambitious goals that I strive for and want for myself. As for advice, I seek it whenever necessary from loved ones and experienced individuals whose advice I've come to value. I've no standing gender clause on that.

Abortion is yet another discussion. We'll have to see how the law pans out, but I don't see how it's "cruel". Your ability to be responsible for your own actions is not dependent on another person's so-called responsibility or lack thereof - that IS clear.

You are yet to list for us which countries you know of that women are arrested for raape (i.e. sex without consent) by having sex with drunk men.

Please, the floor is yours, enlighten us with your soul as your name suggests.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
I doubt it's usefulness (the law), but I don't see how it's "against men". 1 in 33 men will be ra.ped in his lifetime, men are 82,000x more likely to be ra.ped than falsely accused and yet you and others try to make "false accusations" out as some devastatingly common occurrence instead of facing the real problem facing men and women in this realm: RA.PE. Even in the event of a false accusation, the system does not convict unless substantial proof is provided. In actuality, there are an overwhelming number of guilty individuals walking free due to lack of substantial evidence.

Trust a typical woman's logic! grin grin grin grin

Of course you will not see it as against men, cruel or wrong as long as it does not affect women. grin

Actually, I am sure you will argue it is actually helpful to men just like you women like to train mugu men that wrongs done to them that you will not allow to be done to you is actually to help them. grin grin grin grin grin

E.g. I will avoid him or cause frequent fights to make sure w break up instead of courageously sitting him down and telling him to his face you want to break up. You only did it to help him and save him heart-ache. But you moan when a man dumbs you without being "Man enough" to tell you to your face. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, I agree with you. This law is as un-cruel, un-wrong and un-against men as a law that allows employers to fire people who cannot come to work for child-care reasons is not cruel, wrong or against women. grin

At least it would apply to both sexes in theory and it would help women take care of their kids better. cheesy

Don't you all just love an average women's logic? grin grin grin grin

Me, me, me, me, me! grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Misogynist2014(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Sagamite is right,you view a city according to the standards of the country and not standards of another country.E.g. You can't compare Ibadan and Aba with a city like Toronto,if you do,you won't regard Ibadan as a city but when you compare Ibadan and Aba with villages and towns in Nigeria,then you regard it as a city.Hope you understand my explanation. sad
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Trust a typical woman's logic! grin grin grin grin

Of course you will not see it as against men, cruel or wrong as long as it does not affect women. grin

Actually, I am sure you will argue it is actually helpful to men just like you women like to train mugu men that wrongs done to them that you will not allow to be done to you is actually to help them. grin grin grin grin grin

E.g. I will avoid him or cause frequent fights to make sure w break up instead of courageously sitting him down and telling him to his face you want to break up. You only did it to help him and save him heart-ache. But you moan when a man dumbs you without being "Man enough" to tell you to your face. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, I agree with you. This law is as un-cruel, un-wrong and un-against men just like a law that allows employers to fire people who cannot come to work for child-care reasons is not cruel, wrong or against women. grin

At least it would apply to both sexes in theory and it would help women take care of their kids better. cheesy

Don't you all just love an average women's logic? grin grin grin grin

Me, me, me, me, me! grin grin grin

Please illustrate the cruelty in this law.

As for your example, I don't know if you're pulling things from your own life, but how one breaks up is a personal thing. Anyone, man or woman, can choose to be direct or indirect. I've always been direct myself.

I don't think the law you mentioned is cruel. If someone is not coming to work, or has frequent tardies, the employer has every right to fire them.

I'm more concerned with your logic tbh...
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014: Sagamite is right,you view a city according to the standards of the country and not standards of another country.E.g. You can't compare Ibadan and Aba with a city like Toronto,if you do,you won't regard Ibadan as a city but when you compare Ibadan and Aba with villages and towns in Nigeria,then you regard it as a city.Hope you understand my explanation. sad

You don't understand my discourse with Sagamite, we've been on this for like a month now.

In Nigeria standards those places you mentioned are "cities", I never doubted that!

But to me they're glorified "urban" ghettos.

Like sagamite, Do you also think large population is the only determinant of a city?

According to sagamite's logica, Frankfurt shouldn't be seen as a city because it has a small population.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Please illustrate the cruelty in this law.

As for your example, I don't know if you're pulling things from your own life, but how one breaks up is a personal thing. Anyone, man or woman, can choose to be direct or indirect. I've always been direct myself.

I don't think the law you mentioned is cruel. If someone is not coming to work, or has frequent tardies, the employer has every right to fire them.

I'm more concerned with your logic tbh...

So before I go into the cruelty, so you are telling me that if employers refuse to employ people they think would be a high cost without any additional profitability to them because of child-care, or fire people who just had a child, that is fair and not cruel? grin grin grin grin grin

That would be an interesting logic.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Imagine, she is a Senior Director on policy matters in the state Ministry of Education.

Can you now see why we keep on churning out moronic fcktards like iconize and Blackteeth? grin grin grin

You call me a m-oron because I refuse to accept primitiveness like you. grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

You don't understand my discourse with Sagamite, we've been on this for like a month now.

In Nigeria standards those places you mentioned are "cities", I never doubted that!

Like sagamite, Do you also think large population is the only determinant of a city?

According to sagamite's logica, Frankfurt shouldn't be seen as a city because it has a small population.

You are a cretinous person!

Now, show us where in the world Lagos, Kano and Ibadan are not regarded as cities.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

[s]You are a cretinous person!

Now, show us where in the world Lagos, Kano and Ibadan are not regarded as cities.[/s]
Your assignments;

1) Show us where in the world, a modern city is devoid of basic amenities. grin

2) Show us who calls a society with 720k "largely populated".

3) Also show us where population is the only determinant of a city.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:
Your assignments;

You are running again? grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

So before I go into the cruelty, so you are telling me that if employers refuse to employ people they think would be a high cost without any additional profitability to them because of child-care, that is fair and not cruel? grin grin grin grin grin

That would be an interesting logic.

That would be discrimination. Rather it is perfectly acceptable for an employer to fire anyone who is presently in their employ for being frequently tardy or absent. Besides, an employer can refuse to employ.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

You are running again? grin grin grin grin

Running to where? Your "city" with no basic amenities. grin grin grin grin grin grin

About 70% of the inhabitants in Sagamite's "city" have no access to modern toilet facilities(they defecate in pits and buckets), neither do they've electricity grin grin grin

Your assignments;

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Gamesmart: 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Running to where? Your "city" with no basic amenities. grin grin grin grin grin grin

About 70% of the inhabitants in Sagamite's "city" have no access to modern toilet facilities(they defecate in pits and buckets), neither do they've electricity grin grin grin

Your assignments;

Mr Man, I really don't know what your argument is but Sagamite is right.

How can you say Ibadan or Kano are not cities?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Your assignments;

Show us where in the world Lagos, Kano and Ibadan are not regarded as cities.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Misogynist2014(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
iconize:

Give me the population and size http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt It is the LARGEST CITY in German state of Hessen smiley
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
Gamesmart:

They are villages to the person!

But Buckingham is a city. grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Gamesmart:

What makes you think they're cities? Just the large population?

Sagamite said population is the only determinant of a city, so help him out with these questions;

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014: Give me the population and size http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt It is the LARGEST CITY in German state of Hessen smiley

Don't mind the moronic person!

He says 931K population is a small population. grin grin grin grin

The cretin does not know what a city is and can not define it. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
Misogynist2014: Give me the population and size http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt It is the LARGEST CITY in German state of Hessen smiley

You don't understand the basis of our discourse.

He's said frankfurt is not a city because it has a small population of 720k

Where in the world is population seen as the only determinant of a city, cure my ignorance!

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iconize(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Don't mind the moronic person!

He says 931K population is a small population. grin grin grin grin

The cretin does not know what a city is and can not define it. grin

Don't run yet! grin grin grin

Your assignments;

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Tanzanite: Saniniu Laizer, Tanzanian Miner Becomes Overnight Millionaire / Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls / Donald Trump Launches His ‘office Of The Former President’ In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.