Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,863 members, 7,889,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? (1217 Views)

I Really Hate Him & I Feel Like Poisoning Him. / Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Pretty125: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
I am a south african. I met a nigerian guy. He is a christian,well mannered,full of respect and love and fit everything I look for from a man. We have been inlove for a year. However, some of my family members are against it just because his from nigeria. I really do love him and he feels the same way. Now they even hate me because of him. Any advice? sad
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
All the way from south africa
When naija babes dey complain of scarcity of men

Since your family isn't in support of the relationship
Elope with him tongue
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by chelseabmw(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eish!!! Askies sad
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Rikidony(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
pls leave our naija bro alone. xenophobist undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Is it your family members you want to marry? undecided
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Penssuwa(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Not giving someone u love a chance because some persons wish otherwise is somthng u cnt avoid regretting. Just be v.careful. I cnt vouch for my Nigerian brothers over there.
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pretty125: I am a south african. I met a nigerian guy. He is a christian,well mannered,full of respect and love and fit everything I look for from a man. We have been inlove for a year. However, some of my family members are against it just because his from nigeria. I really do love him and he feels the same way. Now they even hate me because of him. Any advice? sad
Which part of Nigeria is he from so I can definitively tell you the reason why?
If he is from South-South then He is save but if he is from -----cough ;----(Look left and Right )

To be cont'd......

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Just RUN
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
folly65:
All the way from south africa
When naija babes dey complain of scarcity of men

Since your family isn't in support of the relationship
Elope with him tongue

Elope ke, ..,........(Slap her)
You be thief? Na person Daughter be that nah
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Elope ke, ..,........(Slap her)
You be thief? Na person Daughter be that nah

Haba.. She claims they love each other and her family are on the opposing side

If she elopes, her family will feel very bad for there actions
Realise they really do love each other and give there blessings
And the couples will live happily ever after

(nollywood scriptwriter in the making)grin
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by chelseabmw(m): 11:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
DonaldGenes:
Which part of Nigeria is he from so I can definitively tell you the reason why?
If he is from South-South then He is save but if he is from -----cough ;----(Look left and Right )

To be cont'd......

I know what you are trying to say here grin those guys r terrible n so loud.. when I was there last year, u need to see d way they brag #D.D
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by chelseabmw(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pretty125: I am a south african. I met a nigerian guy. He is a christian,well mannered,full of respect and love and fit everything I look for from a man. We have been inlove for a year. However, some of my family members are against it just because his from nigeria. I really do love him and he feels the same way. Now they even hate me because of him. Any advice? sad

How long ve u known dis guy?
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by chemystery: 2:21am On Sep 06, 2014
This is no new trend to me. South african parents don't allow their daughters marry Nigerian men. Have a friend who use to be in your shoes. What she did was to conceive for the guy and the parents had no option. Both of them are happily married today. If you are sure he will marry you, i'll advice you take same path
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2014
Its typical of most african families, some will even disown you for marrying someone from a different tribe (even if you are from the same country) All that matters is what makes you happy.
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by sigmundfreud(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Rikidony: pls leave our naija bro alone. xenophobist undecided
That was really helpful! undecided
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by skype1986: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2014
if u're absolutely sure dis naija dude luvs u just as u luv him,and u're also he can take f u nd sumone else,den get pregnant 4 him,i think everyoda tin wil fall into place. A lot f pple bk ere in naija have experienced stuff like dis sumtymes it ends up well if d guy is a gud guy nd sumtimes it ends up badly if d dude is an abusive and irresponsible guy.try 2 weigh ur options wel 4rm ur present condition by knowing nd undastandin ur man well.
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by skype1986: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2014
if u're absolutely sure dis naija dude luvs u just as u luv him,and u're also sure he can take care f u nd sumone else,den get pregnant 4 him,i think everyoda tin wil fall into place. A lot f pple bk ere in naija have experienced stuff like dis,sumtymes it ends up well if d guy is a gud guy nd sumtimes it ends up badly if d dude is an abusive and irresponsible guy.try 2 weigh ur options wel 4rm ur present condition by knowing nd undastandin ur man well.
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2014
Getting pregnant for him isn't such a good idea.

Honestly, I don't know what is.

I'm as confused as you are.
I'm south African too but my parents ain't like dat na.

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Chuksemi(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2014
Try to make your parents see reasons.
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2014
ehn ehn! Is that so?
Oya you too,if your country's currency is not NAIRA leave this site!

am just joking o! grin
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Pretty125: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Thanx to all who gave me good advices. However, pregnancy will not be an option to me
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by MisterLongman(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2014
Rikidony: pls leave our naija bro alone. xenophobist undecided
Harsh
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2014
Im just curios what tribe are you?

I think you made a mistake introducing him generally to your parents without him actually coming for lobola negotions. Its been a year. I just think its inappropriate to introduce your bf to your parents without him proposing marriege. Like if he was introduced under the proposal setting maybe your parents would see that he is serious about you and dispel the misconception that all nigerian men want to use their daughters.

I can come up with my own ideas but what do fear about you dating a nigerian man? Maybe you cold start there and adress their fears
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hey, sorry about that. I've been in this kind of situation before. I was going out with a tall and pretty Asian girl. She was so excited. She was so deeply in love with me and we enjoyed a lot of affection. We kissed in public too. But problem started when she introduced me to her grandmom barely 6 months in relationship. Her grandmom hated me even though her parents liked me. Our relationship later collapsed because her grandmom wanted non-foreigner. This girl is still sad and wants me at all cost but i said no because i don't want division in her family. Love is so powerful :-)
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Joenice: Hey, sorry about that. I've been in this kind of situation before. I was going out with a tall and pretty Asian girl. She was so excited. She was so deeply in love with me and we enjoyed a lot of affection. We kissed in public too. But problem started when she introduced me to her grandmom barely 6 months in relationship. Her grandmom hated me even though her parents liked me. Our relationship later collapsed because her grandmom wanted non-foreigner. This girl is still sad and wants me at all cost but i said no because i don't want division in her family. Love is so powerful :-)

pictures of you kissing in public or...

#WeDontBelieveIt
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by danchuzzy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
ehm.... ok
Re: Some Of My Family Members Hate Him Because He Is From Nigeria. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

pictures of you kissing in public or...

#WeDontBelieveIt
Please don't bring back the past memories. I'll feel sad. That girl is simply the best girl i've ever dated in my entire life. Everybody likes her. Even when i was down with just fever, she was crying in the hospital for me.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Many Guys Feels Unconfident Talking With Girls,barely Knows. / How To Annoy A Guy On Your Friend List / Ladies!!!!! Your Man And His Relationship With His Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.