Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,826 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. (21135 Views)

My Kid Sister Is Making A Big Mistake!!! How Do I Advice Her? / When You Meet Your Bae Family & See Her Younger Sister Is The Most Beautiful One / Trust Me, Every Girl Thinks She's Beautiful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Haywhymido(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Odas av said it right
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by sirjohnson(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmm
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Advice or not, she is going to do things her way. But try to keep your friendship with her open so that she could always ask you for advice.

That dude might disappoint her sha... Not my wish. Frankysnow already did justice.

I am out!
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Sweetlemon(f): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Aww. I love this kind of brother-sister relationship.

I'm as close as this to my younger bro. I love playing mum to him but sometimes I wish he was older as I really wish I had a real father/big brother figure while in my teens.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by jliusadura(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
But i posted my comment when the post never enter 2nd page nah. how come i landed on page 2. @ op how many someone's sister you don musilori before??
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by duncan511: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=Samiceman]So what do we do? JESUS CHRIST is coming soon, Repent from all manner of sin
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by funola: 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
she still coming to tell you her first bleep wit the guy grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by schumastic(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
eyaa don't know what to say to you but first thing first....let her know that is not love, probably infatuation or obsession from either party..she should pay more attention to her books and maybe when she is a lot older then she can handle the lov ish and drama dat coms with it..but as a sharp guy, u can giv her examples of ur own legacy cus dat will really help her sinx both of u are close...schuma said so cool grin wink
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by sweetflame(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
Can't think of anything to comment so I'm just going to post a pancake recipe.1 1/2 cups milk1 egg2 teaspoons vanilla extract2 cups White Wings self-raising flour1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda1/3 cup caster sugar25g butter, meltedWhisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar.Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.Step 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using 1/4 cup mixture perpancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat withremaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches. Serve
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Baddestguyp(m): 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
she might really be in love. I had my first love at 16
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Samiceman: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=duncan511][/quote] ok
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Beync(f): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Invite the boy, interact with him and weigh the kind of person he is and what he's up to. at this age, please discourage your sister never to involve in sexual relation with anyone no mater how far in love she might be with the person, because the disadvantages outweighs the advantages. Pls guide her cos she's most controlled by emotions now and her decision on this matter now will either make or mar her future.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
sweetflame: Can't think of anything to comment so I'm just going to post a pancake recipe.1 1/2 cups milk1 egg2 teaspoons vanilla extract2 cups White Wings self-raising flour1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda1/3 cup caster sugar25g butter, meltedWhisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar.Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.Step 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using 1/4 cup mixture perpancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat withremaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches. Serve
Now I'm hungry. grin
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Godmother(f): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
^^^ Exactly and the relationship might work. @OP I have an aunt who started dating her hubby when she was in ss2. They are married with kids now. Like it has been said, just advise her to abstain from sex for her own good. If that's all the guy wants he will get frustrated and take a walk, but if not he will stick close.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by samuelson06(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by ejcharles: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Its very funi how teens of nowadays engage in any kinda ungodly relationship in their young age. Bt bro, all u nidda do is advice ha on how to go abt it. Advice ha on wat to do assuming u were d guy here, puttin this in mind that our sibblings ar tend to be treated jux exactly the same we do to others, most especially we guys....
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Guys are funny oo!! All of u guys saying he should tell the sister to invite d guy over lemme ask u this: how many times have you been invited by your babes brothers and when u were invited did u go To the op, don't cripple ur sis relationship before it starts just in case the guy is for real cos if u invite him he might take it one of two ways ,

1. Get scared and stay away! Why? It sounds strange, they just started dating, d boy might not be ready to face any family of d girl since it might get him pressured easily. U know what I mean now.

2. Feel like he is soo important and u are inviting him, meaning he is a special being thus he may start looking down on ur sis like, " ur bro has handed u to me"".

Therefore, bro just advise ur sister, tell her love is wonderful when it's real and give her some tips about how to tell if the guy is for real or just wants to av sex with her and run away.

U're a guy nau

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Bond008(m): 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
she should better focus on her studies and God now at this stage. Let her develop her self, talents, etc, and stop complicating her life with relationship now. i tell you bad boys like fresh things. tanki you.
why am i having this feeling that shes on nairaland reading my comment?
modified: teach her with love. are you a christian? let her seek Godly counsel from pastors mummy or dad.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Well shiits happens****I am facing almost same isue with Mah lilsis I don't even know where 2start she is jus 18 and thinks she's in love am just confuse coz I know I can't stop her from whatever she's gonna do.
u know all this teenage things nah they think they know everything even more than d elders .
so Op my point is since u are close 2 her enlighten her abt d pros&cons of love she might decide 2 quit but I know dats imposble.Goodlucks shaa
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
marveangel: My immediate younger sister and I are very close...like super close.....I'm about 6 years older than her but we're pals....we talk about almost everything...We have other siblings~ elder ones but we not as close to them as we are to ourselves...She's the last and only female child in the house. On friday, out of the blue she just dropped it on me that she is in love.....I was still raking my head thinking of how to advice her to take the whole love thing one step at a time.....I didn't know she was about to drop another bomb.... last night after saying our night prayers she came into my room grinning....I asked whatz up...she sat on the edge of my bed and said 'I said Yes'......I was like yes to what....she smiled again even laughing....'I said yes to the guy that has being asking me out'. I felt strange!!!.........I just smiled and said cool....big girl. But this morning I woke up and am afraid for her..... Could she really be in love How am I sure dis is nt anoda sharp guy putting things in her head....How could she be certain its love...she's just 19......what should I do guyz..I am sincerely concerned for my sister...how do I help her avoid a heartbreak.
In MrCork's voice, is your sister light skinnedcheesycheesy #RedBensongrin
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by andyanders: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
OP, having gone through your short and sensitive post, I will counsel you thus after you must have answered my question.

You have stated the age of your sister herein.I need to know if she is out of the University. I need to know if she is ready to marry. I need also for you to now put your position in her own place and also look out there how young ladies of her age act.

For now, ask her not to go into that relationship and any relationship she consents to now at that age could end her up in pregnancy and if the guy is not settled as in having to have a good job, then she is into problem.
Remember that at her age= 19yrs, any man that comes her way would want to taste drive her. They can promise her heaven and earth until they take advantage of her.

If she has not gotten her education, discourage her and advise her to face her studies and when she is through with her education, no man would want to mess her up as she at the right age could take some kind of decision.
Note that the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage.

Also, you can advise her to bring the young man and you can interview him. Remember she grew up in the mist of guys since she is the only female girl in your house.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
marveangel: My immediate younger sister and I are very close...like super close.....I'm about 6 years older than her but we're pals....we talk about almost everything...We have other siblings~ elder ones but we not as close to them as we are to ourselves...She's the last and only female child in the house. On friday, out of the blue she just dropped it on me that she is in love.....I was still raking my head thinking of how to advice her to take the whole love thing one step at a time.....I didn't know she was about to drop another bomb.... last night after saying our night prayers she came into my room grinning....I asked whatz up...she sat on the edge of my bed and said 'I said Yes'......I was like yes to what....she smiled again even laughing....'I said yes to the guy that has being asking me out'. I felt strange!!!.........I just smiled and said cool....big girl. But this morning I woke up and am afraid for her..... Could she really be in love How am I sure dis is nt anoda sharp guy putting things in her head....How could she be certain its love...she's just 19......what should I do guyz..I am sincerely concerned for my sister...how do I help her avoid a heartbreak.

Just let her know exactly how u feel but don't sound too over protective she might not welcome it and take it wrongly...I'll advise you to let her know what u already know about these things and how they work..and all the while just know that no matter what u say or do to her she will still have to experience love (true and fakes) before she begins to understand how to go about it..just give her a sincere advise and let her be free..she is 19 dude...i know how u feel trust me but u have to let her experience things her own way with your guidance of course but don't be policing her and don't let her too loose also..bros na bros no matter how close u both are.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
schboy3: one thinq is really not clear to me, what advice do u need? undecided
you wanna help her avoid heart break really! shocked
One truth: U ARE JEALOUS!! lipsrsealed
Gbam!!!!!
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by extremelygolden: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Op my advice to you is this:

As a big brother, tell her you'll like to meet her new found love to access if he's as cute as she is (all na wash). When the guy comes, welcome him well and tell him to feel at home. With that atmosphere, your sister will be elated that her brother is friendly with her friend.
Then you do this: send your sister to go out and buy a drink for her guest, while she is gone, quickly have a chat with the guy and tell him sternly that if he ever toys or breaks your sister's heart, that you're not likely gonna take it easy with him. Tell him the age of your sister and how much the family loves and cherishes her and should she wear as little as a frown because of him, that he may not like what will hit him.

I tell you with this, ehen, the guy will tread with caution and anytime he wants to mess up, he'll remember he has been warned.
And you too, make sure you treat your own gal well cos what goes around, they say, comes around, you hear?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by M4gunners: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
CharlieMaria: Slap her to come back to her senses then advice her to fall in love rather with her books if you do love her.
You are not serious.Slap her for what? She is 19 and has right to fall in love if She wishes.@op by the time she remains at home with you till her 30 years old, you will ask her out of you Fathers house i think?
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Deapexboy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
@op u re afarid of one sharp guy doing ur sister wat u re doing to other gals......

Anywell talk to her as a brother who wnt d best 4 her sister.
If not another drama will happen probably after nyt prayers she wil shouting nd laughing to ur room...''YESSSSSSSSSSSS'' he ask of it nd i gave him d doggy style
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Godmother(f): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Baddestguyp: she might really be in love. I had my first love at 16

^^ Exactly and the relationship might work. @OP I have an aunt who started dating her hubby when she was in ss2. They are married with kids now. Like it has been said, just advise her to abstain from sex for her own good. If that's all the guy wants he will get frustrated and take a walk, but if not he will stick close.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by DonaldGenes(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Post her pix let's see

Lastly, tell her how many hearts you don break and if she also want her heart to be toyed with... Be illustrative
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Coldfeet(f): 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Experience is the best teacher! Allow her go through love on her own and experience the good, bad, ugly and awesomeness of it. Just tell her to go slow and not rush into anything! Let her realise that you trust her judgment and believe in her not to disappoint. Buildup her self esteem and make her see herself as priceless! Also be yourself a good example because the way you treat the woman in your life may be the yardstick she may use to access herself worth.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by DonaldGenes(m): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
rill: Op don't be selfish pls, we all know wah u do to other people sisters
Gimme your Sister's number nah?
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tell her these things:
Real Love gives... Lust gets.
Real love has its root in friendship not in relationship.
You don't fall into Real love. You grow into it. I mean, you have to know a person before you can love that person with real love.
It is impossible to know someone at first sight, thus proving false the phrase, Love at first sight. It is Lust at first sight!
Ask her to sincerely tell you WHY she likes the guy. If the reason is not geered towards fulfiling her dreams in life. It is an ERROR LOVE!
In case she's already dreaming about marrying the guy. Tell her that Marriage is not all about Moonlight, Romance and Roses. It is Daylight, Diapers and Dishes!
Tell her that: The fire of "lust" isn't built unless there is a safe outlet...which can only be MARRIAGE!

Ps: After all said and done... Make her know, since she's 19. There is nothing wrong with having a boyfriend. As long as it is for the right reasons, such as motivation for the future, bringing out the best in her etc. You too must try to coach her since she looks up to you in these areas more than mama.
I hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. by ovokeomole(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
please i live in south africa am from nigeria i need a girl from nigeria as a wife, if interested call me +27847169357

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Dating A Broke Man Is Worse Than Contracting HIV And Aids" - South African Lady / Ladies Do You Like Men With Dreads? / Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Driver In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.