Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,506 members, 7,932,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Essence Of Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Essence Of Marriage (5445 Views)

What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?. / What Is The Essence Of A Honeymoon, When Their Is Premarital Sex? / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essence Of Marriage by Pastev1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2006
yeah, Marriage is a command, and it's very important to do so; because it brings respect to 2 both, whn once u get married, God will remember His promise 2ward u, 2 make u a fruitful woman. (family)

Infact go to Gen. 2:18 u'l know more abt this call marriage.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by otokx(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2006
i don't agree that marriage is a command.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by iice(f): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2006
And she shall not be fruitful if she is not married? undecided undecided
Its a command? undecided undecided
Its very impt 2 do so? undecided undecided because it will bring respect to both? undecided undecided
Someone plz connect the dots undecided undecided
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by dilidili(f): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2006
Love is not the essence of marriage but FRIENDSHIP. When love dies friendship keeps the marriage going.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by Nosu(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2006
it is not a command but it is ordain by God.Saint paul said that is better for a man to be alone so that he can hv an undivided intention and service to God while God said it is not good for man to be alone.for me , l will follow what God said. what Paul said is truth but l believe if one get the right partner for marriage it will even strength ur relationship with God.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by Rolly: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2006
apart for what the bible says that we shld be friutful and multiply. the essence of marriage is to spend a life time with the one u love and are most compatible with in most things. someone that u just want to be with and then having kids and building a life together comes in cheesy
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by aleroaruya(f): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2006
what do u mean by "The Essence of Marriage"?

The topic is so large, you need to write a book if you want to annalyse it completely.
People go into marriage for a lot of reasons:

wealth,
companiorship,
contract,
convenience,
procreation,
protection,
happiness,
social reasons,
politics,
biblical injunctions,
compulsion, you name it.

If I have to pick the reasons stated above and some other ones, its going to come out really big, I dont like voluminous posts.

For me marriage is a contract, because you see young people live together for a long time but they dont see that as being married until they sign those godamn papers! only to end up getting divorced.

I dont see marriage as a do or die affair, but for me its something very sacred, it seals destiny. people need to do a lot of thinking before settling down but if the guy or babe is longer into you, get out, fast! that's my opinion.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by babe1(f): 5:41am On Aug 16, 2006
Well, i am a good catholic (i think) ha! But anyways, i have always said i Will not get married or have kids but then i met my boyfriend and i loved him so much that when i go to church, i ask God that if he is mine then so be it. Then we got married, i prayed for a baby and we had one and all i can say is that i enjoy being married, still love him loads and our daughter and i wouldn't change a thing. My main reason then i would say is love but then a whole lot of other packages came with it, all GOOOOOD.
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by tglaz(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2007
as for me, i am going into marriage for companionship. wink
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by amaikama(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2009
""but you know you can get most of those things even if you two are just partners""

kellorah!! are u a woman or a man
Re: The Essence Of Marriage by thimbook2(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
4me
friendship/companionship = love

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Had A One Night Stand And The Girl Had A Baby / I'm Attracted To My Cousin's Ex-Girlfriend / Has Your Mom Ever Embarrassed You In Front Of Your Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.