Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,418 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:59 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies (99432 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

grin grin
I gree, oya, roll over

grin grin grin

Chris henchman, how family? I hope you ain't like your master, please spend more time with mrs Gombs rather than fight chris' e-battles 247.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by GLOBALX: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

i wasn' :oconcerned about they shocked typo, but the "I heard from a reliable source" ...that's a trademark for rumour...or ammebo.... or Aproko... grin grin
I got you too...oga Gombs... grin grin grin grin cool cool cool.Oya now.
It really doesn't matter if you call that rumour.I know it is a confirmed info.I know d chic and d guy na my personal person...like 5&6...everybody na man of God...abi who b man of d devil?.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by surmeister(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Its amazing hw people think, like pastor said dere r people dat wud wish dis is true, but alas all things work together for good to dem dat love God. Even d bible d said d heart of man is wicked. So keep on hating it dosent change anytin. But b wise n accept jesus today. God bless u.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by shdemidemi(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor: 1 Corinthians 7:29 GNT

What I mean, my friends, is this: there is not much time left, and from now on married people should live as though they were not married;

Boy, these people are not willing to listen to the truth and would rather the lie was true just so that they could feel that everyone is at the same level.

The reason he said they didn't mention any Apostles wife's name in the bible is because the bible played more emphasis on the ministry work than on family.

Pastor Chris cannot leave the assignment God gave him just to satisfy a few 'overly' hurt emotions. Somethings some minsters of God do will look crazy to the natural man who doesn't see with the eyes of the spirit.

He is the husband of one wife, a father of 2 beautiful daughters. All the stories being peddled are blatant lies.

I can't count the amount of times he has had to call people by (2-4)AM of the early mornings and I wonder when or if he ever sleeps. That's how busy he is- probably busier than the president.

This man doesn't come to church, teach, pray and go home. He is not a preacher. Sometimes he could be left alone for days just fasting and praying to God for people. He is a MOG.

I wish you could see how dark his knee knuckles are because of constantly kneeling in deep prayers and groanings. He didn't call himself; God called him.

I will never wish to be a MOG like Pastor Chris. The work is too difficult. How he copes, only God knows.

It is quite understandable if you try to make a case for your pastor based on your relationship with him. What you shouldn't do is to try twist the bible to back and strengthen your emotional excuses.

The Corinthian book was addressing believers within a notorious city that was known for brothels and immoralities. It was not a book addressing pastors or men of God. If you must know what the bible thinks about marriage, go read the book of Ephesians.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
shdemidemi:
The Corinthian book was addressing believers within a notorious city that was known for brothels and immoralities. It was not a book addressing pastors or men of God. If you must know what the bible thinks about marriage, go read the book of Ephesians.

Do me well and show me any part of Paul's writings to the Corinthians that suggests he made such a proposition based on the immoralities and brothels in the region. Also, point me to the exact teaching in Ephesians about marriage that you feel the MOG doesn't apply to his life.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by GLOBALX: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2014
Pastor Chris cannot leave the assignment God gave him just to satisfy a few 'overly' hurt emotions shocked. Somethings some minsters of God do will look crazy to the natural man who doesn't see with the eyes of the spirit.[/quote]... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.So his wife and children are the "overly hurt".....Do you even know what you are saying at all....Must the wife be vice president of the church by force?can't someone else take that position so she could be with her husband?.....Abi na family business?...if u fail family wise u don fail be dat ooo...no fail one pass one.Make una they re-process anything wey d man talk now....haha...u don make me vex

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by ladej(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2014
SOUNDS LIKE A MALE CHAUVINIST TO ME

WHAT DOES PETER'S WIFE HAVE TO DO WITH THE ALLEGATIONS AND PENDING COURT CASE?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by shdemidemi(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

Do me well and show me any part of Paul's writings to the Corinthians that suggests he made such a proposition based on the immoralities and brothels in the region. Also, point me to the exact teaching in Ephesians about marriage that you feel the MOG doesn't apply to his life.

My bro, use a simpler version and more importantly read in context. Even around the verse you wrongly quoted, you will realise the reason why Paul was writing the letter to them.

25 Now regarding your question about the young women who are not yet married. I do not have a command from the Lord for them. But the Lord in his mercy has given me wisdom that can be trusted, and I will share it with you. 26 Because of the present crisis,[i] I think it is best to remain as you are. 27 If you have a wife, do not seek to end the marriage. If you do not have a wife, do not seek to get married. 28 But if you do get married, it is not a sin. And if a young woman gets married, it is not a sin. However, those who get married at this time (Can you see that?) will have troubles, and I am trying to spare you those problems.

29 But let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage. 30 Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions. 31 Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 11:52am On Sep 09, 2014
GLOBALX:
Pastor Chris cannot leave the assignment God gave him just to satisfy a few 'overly' hurt emotions shocked. Somethings some minsters of God do will look crazy to the natural man who doesn't see with the eyes of the spirit.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.So his wife and children are the "overly hurt".....Do you even know what you are saying at all....Must the wife be vice president of the church by force?can't someone else take that position so she could be with her husband?.....Abi na family business?...if u fail family wise u don fail be dat ooo...no fail one pass one.Make una they re-process anything wey d man talk now....haha...u don make me vex

You and your ilk are the overly hurt emotions that are few in number. This man and his wife didn't start ministry work yesterday so you don't have enough experience to teach them.

I have told you repeatedly that all the divorce nonsense and accusations are just figments of the medias imagination but you would rather believe the media over him and his wife.

I also told you she didn't go to any Cablenews, PREMIUM, Sahara etc. But you still won't listen. I don't know what else to say to you people. For a month plus this man has been with his children in Canada. That's how he meets with his family (privately) but the media that knows close to nothing will not tell you that.

What if I tell you he has seen his wife at least 3 times this year will you believe me? No. But you would take Sahara's news that he is having inappropriate relationships with female members all because you want to give a dog a bad name so that you can hang it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by datribune: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2014
surmeister: Its amazing hw people think, like pastor said dere r people dat wud wish dis is true, but alas all things work together for good to dem dat love God. Even d bible d said d heart of man is wicked. So keep on hating it dosent change anytin. But b wise n accept jesus today. God bless u.

Ar u always dis clueless?. Honestly, if u were any slower, you’d be going backward. So if people do not agree wit a Pastor who is alleged in a divorce suit to be among other things, having inappropriate relationships wit females in his church but turns around to make disparaging remarks about his wife not being a woman of God who is in need of prayers then dat makes them haters & people in need of Jesus Christ?. In ur warped reasoning siding wit someone who rather than address d issues chose to belittle his wife is what makes u a xtian. Get real & start thinking straight. How is it anybody's fault dat he is facing a divorce suit based on d choices he made.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by kraftyiyk: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2014
Chris Oyaks is now man of God and Anita is now a woman of the Devil, just because she decided to explode with the truth abi??
truth they say is biter, but sometimes it has to be told.. grin grin, do you know how long she could have endured in silence?

those e-warriors who make jest of themselves by defending him, do you live under the same roof with him 24/7?

the press which you and your pastor accuse now are still the same press that brought him to limelight @ yesteryears (tv, radio, and newspapers), is it now crime for them to write and broadcast what they observe??

you guys and your pastor should calm down, save all these explanations for the jury who is gonna handle this case, and pray fervently that God touches Anita's heart to prevent her from coming to court with some nasty and explicit evidences to court hearing...cos i have a sinister feeling the lady has/knows more than she's spilling out.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
shdemidemi:

My bro, use a simpler version and more importantly read in context. Even around the verse you wrongly quoted, you will realise the reason why Paul was writing the letter to them.

25 Now regarding your question about the young women who are not yet married. I do not have a command from the Lord for them. But the Lord in his mercy has given me wisdom that can be trusted, and I will share it with you. 26 Because of the present crisis,[i] I think it is best to remain as you are. 27 If you have a wife, do not seek to end the marriage. If you do not have a wife, do not seek to get married. 28 But if you do get married, it is not a sin. And if a young woman gets married, it is not a sin. However, those who get married at this time (Can you see that?) will have troubles, and I am trying to spare you those problems.

29 But let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage. 30 Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions. 31 Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away.

I don't think you understand this chapter as much as you think you do. What is the present crisis he is referring to? He said the women should stay unmarried. How does that help them?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by pickabeau1: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

I have a question if u can answer

It is possible for a spouse of a called man not to have a calling. Such women will not be visible in the ministry

WHy was this different in the case of BLW that she helped found churches, cowrote the devotional and handled the UK arm

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by aitiola: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor: 1 Corinthians 7:29 GNT

What I mean, my friends, is this: there is not much time left, and from now on married people should live as though they were not married;

Boy, these people are not willing to listen to the truth and would rather the lie was true just so that they could feel that everyone is at the same level.

The reason he said they didn't mention any Apostles wife's name in the bible is because the bible played more emphasis on the ministry work than on family.

Pastor Chris cannot leave the assignment God gave him just to satisfy a few 'overly' hurt emotions. Somethings some minsters of God do will look crazy to the natural man who doesn't see with the eyes of the spirit.

He is the husband of one wife, a father of 2 beautiful daughters. All the stories being peddled are blatant lies.

I can't count the amount of times he has had to call people by (2-4)AM of the early mornings and I wonder when or if he ever sleeps. That's how busy he is- probably busier than the president.

This man doesn't come to church, teach, pray and go home. He is not a preacher. Sometimes he could be left alone for days just fasting and praying to God for people. He is a MOG.

I wish you could see how dark his knee knuckles are because of constantly kneeling in deep prayers and groanings. He didn't call himself; God called him.

I will never wish to be a MOG like Pastor Chris. The work is too difficult. How he copes, only God knows.

So the wife and children are the overly emotional individuals you were referring too...Una dey read bible at all....Must the wife be the Vice president by force...abi na family business...why cant Pastor Chris bring her back to naija so she could be with him and someone else can pastor the UK church,dis thing no be do or die na and no be family business.

If you have a successful ministry and a failed family,na total failure ooo,u cant pass one and fail one...so the idea of my ministry is bigger than my family na big big bull shit.Please re-process whatever you hear from your pastor abeg....u don make me vex.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
shdemidemi:

grin grin grin

Chris henchman, how family? I hope you ain't like your master, please spend more time with mrs Gombs rather than fight chris' e-battles 247.

grin grin
Ok sir, pls spend time with your Bible rather than prosecute Chris 247 online

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by shdemidemi(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

I don't think you understand this chapter as much as you think you do. What is the present crisis he is referring to? He said the women should stay unmarried. How does that help them?

We are not here to exegete the book of Corinthians. You are deviating now, if we must go into the book in detail I advise you open a new thread for that.

29 But let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage.

From this translation, do you now understand the verse you quoted does not support what chris was allegedly accused of?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by aitiola: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

You and your ilk are the overly hurt emotions that are few in number. This man and his wife didn't start ministry work yesterday so you don't have enough experience to teach them.

I have told you repeatedly that all the divorce nonsense and accusations are just figments of the medias imagination but you would rather believe the media over him and his wife.

I also told you she didn't go to any Cablenews, PREMIUM, Sahara etc. But you still won't listen. I don't know what else to say to you people. For a month plus this man has been with his children in Canada. That's how he meets with his family (privately) but the media that knows close to nothing will not tell you that.

What if I tell you he has seen his wife at least 3 times this year will you believe me? No. But you would take Sahara's news that he is having inappropriate relationships with female members all because you want to give a dog a bad name so that you can hang it.

Na by force say make she dey UK they pastor...Christ Embassy no dey naija ni...you people should be realistic joo and start asking questions.

Why didn't Baba Adeboye send his wife to Pastor the church in Europe or Bishop Oyedepo s wife to Canada....Tell your Pastor to bring back his wife to live with him under the same roof and the devil wont find a space to fill anymore.

This na confirm info.This seasonal marriage cos of ministry nor dey work and God does not support it.My wife is under my roof where i live,i am a music minister...ladies tempt me when i go out to sing grin grin grin grin but then i go with my wife and when i don't,i come back home to daily reload grin grin grin grin grin. So no time for yeye temptation.

Obviously, they are guiding the details of the ministry so that others wont have the details.....God will never give you an assignment that will frustrate your marriage.God is not wicked,it is only men that are so so greedy.Park well abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
aitiola:
So the wife and children are the overly emotional individuals you were referring too...Una dey read bible at all....Must the wife be the Vice president by force...abi na family business...why cant Pastor Chris bring her back to naija so she could be with him and someone else can pastor the UK church,dis thing no be do or die na and no be family business.
If you have a successful ministry and a failed family,na total failure ooo,u cant pass one and fail one...so the idea of my ministry is bigger than my family na big big bull shit.Please re-process whatever you hear from your pastor abeg....u don make me vex.

His wife and Children are not hurt. You people who know little are the hurt ones. How many Pastors who stay with their wives still got divorced? Why didn't the staying together save their marriage?

This man and his wife have been this way for 15 years and they still made it work because God knows how to make provision for the one's he sent.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
shdemidemi:

We are not here to exegete the book of Corinthians. You are deviating now, if we must go into the book in detail I advise you open a new thread for that.

29 But let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage.

From this translation, do you now understand the verse you quoted does not support what chris was allegedly accused of?

We have shifted again. What is he accused of and by whom?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
aitiola:

Na by force say make she dey UK they pastor...Christ Embassy no dey naija ni...you people should be realistic joo and start asking questions.

Why didn't Baba Adeboye send his wife to Pastor the church in Europe or Bishop Oyedepo s wife to Canada....Tell your Pastor to bring back his wife to live with him under the same roof and the devil wont find a space to fill anymore.

This na confirm info.This seasonal marriage cos of ministry nor dey work and God does not support it.My wife is under my roof where i live,i am a music minister...ladies tempt me when i go out to sing grin grin grin grin but then i go with my wife and when i don't,i come back home to daily reload grin grin grin grin grin. So no time for yeye temptation.

Obviously, they are guiding the details of the ministry so that others wont have the details.....God will never give you an assignment that will frustrate your marriage.God is not wicked,it is only men that are so so greedy.Park well abeg.

Adeboye and Oyedepo don't have the same calling with Pastor Chris, same way Paul did not have the same calling with Peter and co. Paul wasn't married at all and the rest were.

Instead of you to be donating unsolicited advice to the Pastor and his wife. Just pray for them (her especially) as she may be going through a challenge that is unknown to you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

Bros, leave shedemidemi o...Please grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

Bros, u don't have to convince anyone here...time always tell, and it sure will...the bad part is that they would not come back here and apologise for being wrong

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

I have a question if u can answer

It is possible for a spouse of a called man not to have a calling. Such women will not be visible in the ministry

WHy was this different in the case of BLW that she helped found churches, cowrote the devotional and handled the UK arm

I can't see any question(s ) above... not even in a question mark! Can you rephrase and use punctuation marks? Thanks
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by pickabeau1: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

I can't see any question(s ) above... not even in a question mark! Can you rephrase and use punctuation marks? Thanks

Why was Rev Anita involved on more than a cursory level if she is not a woman of God?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Why was Rev Anita involved on more than a cursory level if she is not a woman of God?

Who said she isn't? Can you find where that's said in the OP?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by pickabeau1: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

Who said she isn't? Can you find where that's said in the OP?

so what does he mean when he says a wife of a man of God is not necessarily a woman of God

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by UjSizzle(f): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

so what does he mean when he says a wife of a man of God is not necessarily a woman of God
The man of God is saying Oga did not send his wife on a mission as He did him grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by pickabeau1: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
UjSizzle:
The man of God is saying Oga did not send his wife on a mission as He did him grin

Yes.. that is what i got but i want to hear from Gombs in case there is a mix up

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by coogar: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

writing devotional books doesn't make her a woman of God. pastor chris was the one called not her. it's like saying patience jonathan is a seasoned politician. if she had married someone else, would she be at aso rock?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by lanrefront1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

His wife and Children are not hurt. You people who know little are the hurt ones. How many Pastors who stay with their wives still got divorced? Why didn't the staying together save their marriage?

This man and his wife have been this way for 15 years and they still made it work because God knows how to make provision for the one's he sent.

this guy, something wrong with your sense of reasoning.

The suit which Reverend Anita filed is already in the publuc domain. Among several things, it says the marriage has broken down beyond repair, and you say the wife is not hurt. where are you from. the divorce suit is in the public domain and I'm yet to hear the law firm representing Rev. Anita come ouy to deny that it wasnt the suit they filed.

why do you like living in self-denial.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by aitiola: 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

Bros, u don't have to convince anyone here...time always tell, and it sure will...the bad part is that they would not come back here and apologise for being wrong

Apology wetin....abi no be same pastor asked that we pay for seat in one of his programs in Lagos...Abegiiii,carry your poo waka fast.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by aitiola: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
lanrefront1:

this guy, something wrong with your sense of reasoning.

The suit which Reverend Anita filed is already in the publuc domain. Among several things, it says the marriage has broken down beyond repair, and you say the wife is not hurt. where are you from. the divorce suit is in the public domain and I'm yet to hear the law firm representing Rev. Anita come ouy to deny that it wasnt the suit they filed.

why do you like living in self-denial.

Bros serious self denial ooo no be small....Some poeple nor just gree wan see road....defending Pastor Chris blindly when his WIFE says all is not well...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Curvy Woman Dances In Church, Causes A Stir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.