Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,757 members, 7,912,109 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service (2098 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / February Communion Service With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd / Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 8:42am On Sep 08, 2014
lanrefront1:

I said he has lived away, lived apart from his wife for sixteen years. Of course any normal person know they of course will be seeing during the sixteen years. And the wife did say those times are very few and far in between.

sorry, I disagree about quality time...this is more than that..... for reasons best known to him, he tactfully abandoned his wife....there is no other name for it. would your own wife take this. why can't you guys yell yourself the truth.

this arrangement is not a new thing.... there are many business men and successful men who favour this arrangement....they send their family to UK or US while they live the life of a bachelor in Nigeria....but even these guy-men spend a whole lot of more time with their wives than Pastor Chris
ok then.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2:

No one said that here
That was what the guy I quoted said until he clarified it.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2014
Christ Embassy members should ask themselves what exactly this woman wants that makes her " carnal, immature" and as some have said Satan's agent? What us she asking For? What has she been crying about fir years? Even when elders of the church asked him to meet half way why is that so impossible?

When she was playing good wife and contributing to rasphodies she was not immature ability? When she was turning a blind eye to grown women living with and traveling around the world with her husband while she was conveniently sidelined she was mature abi?

Hmmmm. It is well oh

Forget his wife what about his daughters? They are hs responsibility. How can he let them grow up like single orphans?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by MissSlimbody(f): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2014
thorpido: I'm quoting you just to put this right.Rev.Anita has not been away from pastor chris for sixteen years.They do see though he may not have been giving her quality time.There is a Higher Life Conference in London every year and Rev. Anita is always there in attendance.There is the IPPC conference in Nov. every year in Lagos,Nigeria and Rev.Anita is present.I don't know where you guys got the idea she has been abandoned for 16yrs.This is the kind of bad press he speaks about.

NB.I'm not defending him and don't attend Christ Embassy,I just don't like rumours.

D person u quoted didn't say she was abandon, but i'll say she was abandon.
Wat kinda marriage is dat, dat i get 2 see my husband twice in a year?
So, if not 4 those programs (higher life n IPPC) d wife n children won't see him @all.

If Pastor Anita asking 4 him 2 spend quality time with her n d kids is immature, den i also want 2 be immature.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2014
MissSlimbody:

D person u quoted didn't say she was abandon, but i'll say she was abandon.
Wat kinda marriage is dat, dat i get 2 see my husband twice in a year?
So, if not 4 those programs (higher life n IPPC) d wife n children won't see him @all.

If Pastor Anita asking 4 him 2 spend quality time with her n d kids is immature, den i also want 2 be immature.
I have already clarified my position on this.I quoted the guy because he gave the impression that they didn't see for those 16yrs but he clarified it in his subsequent post.

I only made mention of the two occasions but they obviously would even see each other more times than that.HE HAS NOT BEEN SPENDING ENOUGH TIME WITH HER.I agree with this and that is the woman's grouse.

By the way,there are couples whose spouses live apart and have done so for years.How they manage that is an entirely different thing.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by WinsomeX: 9:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Anita Oyakhilome vs Chris Oyakhilome: Loser and Gainer

Anita Oyakhilome, the disaffected wife of Chris Oyakhilome, will be the loser whichever way the ongoing
marital feud ends. If nowhere else, Anita is unlikely to continue enjoying the scale of
admiration she has always enjoyed among Christ Embassy members.

This has nothing to do with the
validity or otherwise of the allegations she has leveled against her husband. There is a chance that those allegations, including that of adultery, were invented to divert attention from the real issues. There is also a chance that they may be
true.

Not many women in the church (and outside of it) will pass up the chance to creep under the same duvet with a man of Oyakhilome’s wealth, influence and matinee idol looks. Not many. Certainly not in a congregation that teems with
ambitious women (single, married or in between), who are shopping for marquee bedmates. It’s a safe bet
that he’d provoke a stampede (not an orderly queue, mind) should he remove the sign restricting access to his bedroom.

Anita will lose for the simple reason that what she enjoys is admiration, one that flows strictly from being married to the superstar preacher. Oyakhilome, on the contrary, enjoys unfettered adulation, the hysterical type experienced by teenage girls when they come face-to-face with their pop idols. To most of his work followers, he is a divinity. A few years ago, one member described him on a Facebook page opened for his birthday as “Jesus Christ in
white suit”. As crass as the post
appeared, it provoked to criticism from other posters who, in fact, showed they were up for a contest for the most obsequious descriptions.

Oyakhilome is bullet-proof. His
followers’ perception of him gives him an armour-plated body. Even if he burns down an orphanage, his followers are unlikely to change their view of him. What the general public
considers a scandal is nothing more than a mosquito bite in the
preacher’s gilded world.

C’mon, this is a dude capable of
making you feel good seeing him flying in a chopper (bought with your money), while you walk to his church or crusade. It takes some intelligence to that. So, credit where it’s due. The UK branch of his church, according to the UK Charity Commission, had an income of 13million pounds in 2011. Of this sum, 12. 2million came from donations.

Here is a chap, whose
church, at least among his followers, suffered no reputational injury despite admitting that he was a receiver of “stolen goods”.

In 2003, a cashier in Sheraton
Hotels and Towers in Lagos, stole N39million, which he donated to the church in installments. Oyakhilome
wrote him a commendation letter for “giving” to the ministry. The letter was concluded with the prayer that “God will notice you”. But it was the man’s employers that noticed he’d
been stealing their funds and
reported him to the police. The
police wanted the money returned, Oyakhilome ignored them. The excuse given by his followers was that he did not know the cashier had donated stolen money. They’d been so entranced that they were incapable of asking a simple
question: “Were his calls to God’s direct line (through which he receives those horoscope-style revelations) going into voice mail when the stolen funds were going into church coffers?” Instead, they rounded on his critics.

A month later, it emerged that
another member, a staff of a now
defunct bank, had donated N10million of the money stolen from his employers. The reaction was the same. The same pastor once charged entrance fee for a church service and people happily, perhaps lustily, paid as though his church was Silverbird Cinemas. An involvement in laundering $35million did nothing to him, just like
numerous allegations of pretended miracles have not.

Even if Anita’s charges of “adultery” and “unreasonable behaviour” are proved, she’d get little, if any, sympathy from followers programmed to love Chris. Love, in any case, is a want-all process.

Therefore, no weapon fashioned
against Chris can prosper. All isn’t lost for Anita, who is likely
to have financial security from the compensation that may be awarded by London court, where the divorce case is filed. It wouldn’t matter to the court whether, as Oyakhilome claimed: “I already started Christ
Embassy before I married her. I didn’t marry her and said we should start Christ Embassy together…I only said ‘come and help me.’ It wouldn’t matter. But in image terms, at least among those who have known them closely or fairly, Oyakhilome will win at a canter.

www..com/anita-oyakhilome-vs-chris-oyakhilome-loser-and-gainer/

From Saharareporters.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Bobby4090: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2014
This man is just a fraud. So the wife filed for divorce since april and yet the May, june, July, August editions of Rhapsody still has the womans pictures and writings in them. It goes to proove the woman allegations that the man is just using her to sell his books and tapes while pretending to be a complete family man. Who was writing all these 2014 Rhapsody editions on the womans behalf and using her pictures (without her permission)?
Chris valued sales of his materials and business empire more than reconciling with his wife and thats why all this has back fired on him publicly in a way we all never expected.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by kamo2930yahoo(f): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2014
thorpido: I'm quoting you just to put this right.Rev.Anita has not been away from pastor chris for sixteen years.They do see though he may not have been giving her quality time.There is a Higher Life Conference in London every year and Rev. Anita is always there in attendance.There is the IPPC conference in Nov. every year in Lagos,Nigeria and Rev.Anita is present.I don't know where you guys got the idea she has been abandoned for 16yrs.This is the kind of bad press he speaks about.
That is twice a year, is that all you know? A week without my husband is like hell. The question is why isn't she staying in Nigeria?
NB.I'm not defending him and don't attend Christ Embassy,I just don't like rumours.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=kamo2930yahoo][/quote]A week without your husband is like hell.Well that is your own case.
There are couples who don't live together for one reason or the other and they manage it.

I already stated her grouse is that she does not get quality time with him and rightly so.He ought to meet her demands more.
They were together before but as the ministry grew,she moved to head and supervise the church in Europe.

I no be their family member and I no dey C.E.I do follow their ministry however.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2014
Maybe we should leave business empire and other things alone and not divert the issue or things will become jumbles up.

One thing me I can say can infered from his response is that does not seem at all to be desirous of his wife. You can see that he feels no personal pain at the impending loss of his wise. There absolutely no detection in his words or behaviour of man that fighting for his marriage because loves and cherishes his wife. It's like "well if she wants to go, let her to jare; maybe it's for the best".

A man that is not desirous of his wife must definitely be enjoying the company of another woman he finds more stimulating; it does not natter whether they are sleeping together or not.

my point is, it doesn't seem like he loves his wife at all. For example if he doesn't want Anita to divorce him, how would his address to the church help matters. it would only make her more determined to pursue her cause of action. I believe Anita is Avery emotional and soft hearted woman and it's in Pastor Chris power to make heart tore out if he would do the right thing.

like someone said, why not say alright come and stay in Lagos with me; we will not live apart again. okay, come you women in my house, please leave, or get them another quarters; then

say from now on every year we'll go three times for vacation just you and me; work her into your schedule and show her the schedule...... worldly men have done this and much more to save their marriage and the reason is usually because they love their wife otherwise they wouldn't give a damn.....

to the little wisdom God has given me, to me it seems it does not care what they woman does...if she like let stay, if she likes she can leave

anyway, it seems Anita has been single already for many years, she only wants to make it formal....

a report says he was filed with the divorce papers while in London in an hotel. he has probably being doing so for months, who knows, maybe years. If he wants to salvage things, why is he in London and sleeping in an hotel. whatever happens to staying with his wife and children?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Bobby4090: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2014

Thats it, he only see her and the family during church programmes. he does make out to time and visit them, sit down and discuss issues and problems and share affection. The man is just an oaf. he must have thought the woman is just a piece of furniture to be used as decoration during church programmes.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by WinsomeX: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
PASTOR CHRIS RE-DEFINES WHO A "MAN OF GOD" IS.

Those who have followed the happenings at the Christ Embassy Church (CEC) in recent times have a reason to be concerned. For one thing, the scandals do not cease. For another, being the church that can boast of the largest number of young folks in this country, we should be concerned with what the future hold for both of our country and these young people.

I must quickly commend Christian Oyakhilome for not towing the path of Biodun Fatoyinbo, who promised the public a "robust" reply to the allegation of adultery raised against him but never did. Oyakhilome has given us a reply but it is far from being "robust".

Of all that Chris will have us learn from his below par speech at his church communion service yesterday, it was his unsuccessful effort to redefine who a man of God should be that miffed me the most. Chris will have us believe that a man of God need not be a preacher. Chris will have us believe that a man of God has a different set of rules from those of us ordinary children if God. Chris will have us believe that men of God do no wrong in the bible except for two occasions. Chris will have us understand that when a man of God does something seemingly wrong as the public might see, before God it is OK. Chris wants us to know that his wife is wrong and she, not him, is the one that needs prayers. In other words, Christian Oyakhilome has redefined a new standard for Christian men of God.

Of all the misconceptions of scripture prevalent in Pentecostal churches, it is this false belief of who a man of God truly is that is most worrisome. Under the guise of being men of God all sorts of atrocities are being committed. If you question them, they point you to Moses, Aaron and Mariam. They tell us that though Moses was wrong in marrying an Ethiopian woman, no one should have pointed this wrong out to him. It was in the bid to do this that Mariam and Aaron incurred God's wrath. So in other words men of God can do anything. You should only do as they say but do not do as they do.

Let me make it clear to my readers that the church of Jesus Christ is no longer under Moses. In the time of Moses God permitted hierarchies. Today, Christians are all brethren (Matthew 23:cool. No one is lord and master over anyone. Yes, we have leaders but the leaders themselves are servant-leaders. They lead by example (1Tim4:12).

Interestingly no one is called a man of God in the New Testament. When Paul used the term "man of God" in 1 Timothy 6:11 and 2 Timothy 3:17, he was referring to Christians generally and not to their leaders or a few special folks in church. Jesus himself was called "Son of Man" and if the master himself was Son of Man, who should dare be a "man of God" before him. So what is the biblical basis of its use?

The situation at the Christ Embassy church is becoming desperate and before they hurt themselves, someone needs to halt this. The hundreds of dead folks that died from Rev Jimmy Jones stupidity is still fresh in mind. unfortunately, Oyakhilome and his church do not belong to the the umbrella body of Pentecostals (PFN) and so are simply a ship left to drift without direction. My concern is still the hundreds of young folks still being brain washed by this charlatan that calls himself a man of God. Who will save us?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Other Intelligent Nigerian Deists On Whatsapp / Understanding The Importance Of Praise And Worship / Is Winners Chapel Constructing An Airstrip In Ota?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.