Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,444 members, 7,932,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:18 AM

Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (5625 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Alexsmith20(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
alutacontinua: As a real african man that I am, I believe women should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom angry
nah yr sista i pity.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Alexsmith20(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
last time i checked diers somtin called housemaid.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Godmystrength: 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Alexsmith20: last time i checked diers somtin called housemaid.
okay sir.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Alexsmith20: nah yr sista i pity.

I don't have one tongue
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2014
and you believe the maid will do all Check again!!
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Alexsmith20(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2014
dam007: and you believe the maid will do all Check again!!
what d essence of d maid if would't do all...TBP
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Alexsmith20(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2014
alutacontinua:

I don't have one tongue
yr wife go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by crackhaus: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Godmystrength: @crackhaus-okay. But would it be too much to expect that hubby arranges for dinner when wife is running late say he has been home by 6pm and wife won't be home till 9pm?
Nope, it's not too much.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Godmystrength: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2014
crackhaus:
Nope, it's not too much.
Good. Thank you. But you know there are some men who won't take that at all. It is not even open for consideration.......

For such kind of men what do you say about them?

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by crackhaus: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Godmystrength: Good. Thank you. But you know there are some men who won't take that at all. It is not even open for consideration.......

For such kind of men what do you say about them?
Live and let live.

The man is clearly not considerate and it's unfortunate for a woman in this situation, but antagonizing her man by complaining and insisting on a change will most likely cause more problems...very few men if any at all want to be told what to do regarding such matters.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by izaray(f): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2014
whatsmyname: What do you mean by "...its demeaning?" What is demeaning in you doing your own share of the chores? What's wrong with some people! Is she your house maid? She is your partner, your soul mate, your friend. Do you tell your friend or partner to go do all the work while your sit your lousy black a.r.s.e somewhere only for the reward to show and you stick your tongue out like a dehydrated dog wanting a piece of the goody? I bet you will not. For your info, my wife and I share house chores. So, look no further; c'est fini.
True talk sir, my hussy even prefer doing d house cleaning, cos he believes, he will clean it more to his own taste, and even assist wit d washing sumtyms! Not like some greedy men, dat has turned their wife into a house mate, siting and crossing their legs, forming oga 4 notin.

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by izaray(f): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Wat abt those dat doesn't av a housemaid? Cos am really sure, not everybody have a housemaid! Just take a litle step of it, and see wat ur wife will say to u, dat is, if only u are married o

1 Like

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Godmystrength: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
crackhaus:
Live and let live.

The man is clearly not considerate and it's unfortunate for a woman in this situation, but antagonizing her man by complaining and insisting on a change will most likely cause more problems...very few men if any at all want to be told what to do regarding such matters.
Okay then.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by izaray(f): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
crackhaus:
Going to the farm, birthing babies, and doing all the household work plus cooking is how you want to be treated? grin
No na, dat's not wat we meant o, as in, assisting ur lovely wife, once in a while, not gal friends o, cos u hardly see dem complaining, dey dnt even mind, bathing and feeding u, just 4 dem to get ur attention, and convince u to make dem ur house wife lol
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
whatsmyname: What do you mean by "...its demeaning?" What is demeaning in you doing your own share of the chores? What's wrong with some people! Is she your house maid? She is your partner, your soul mate, your friend. Do you tell your friend or partner to go do all the work while your sit your lousy black a.r.s.e somewhere only for the reward to show and you stick your tongue out like a dehydrated dog wanting a piece of the goody? I bet you will not. For your info, my wife and I share house chores. So, look no further; c'est fini.
chineke!

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by tyconcepts(f): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
No one would win this debate.....Different strokes for different folks smiley
I'd see a man who deems it fit to do chores if he can as concerned.....I mean kini big deal??
I enjoy such benefits of having a man who doesn't see it as a big deal to cook while I gist and cracks jokes with him in the kitchen.....Ain't taking it for guaranteed and he enjoys doing it for me.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by missojugo(f): 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
dam007:
Funny how men view things these days... I'm of the opinion that some things aren't supposed to be ignored regardless of the influence of our colleagues... Helping one's spouse with some house chores isn't mandatory but I feel men frown at it because it looks #demeaning to them as the man of the house.. Here's my view as regards this.. I help my partner with some of "our house chores" when its clear that she's too tired to or for Some reasons unable to do it all.. To me, I do it not because I should, nor because I'm mandated to but because its our house.. Ps I'd love more opinions happy nairalanders!...

My dear there is nothing wrong with helping someone you claim to love, its called been human. If there is something wrong with a man helping with household chores then there is something wrong with a woman helping out in paying the bills.

Nigerian men : If you want a housewife who will be 100% domesticated go for it. If you want a superwoman who will be a career woman, help pay bills and still be 100% domesticated then you are on a long thing!

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Gorgeous58(f): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
whatsmyname:
What do you mean by "...its demeaning?" What is demeaning in you doing your own share of the chores? What's wrong with some people! Is she your house maid? She is your partner, your soul mate, your friend. Do you tell your friend or partner to go do all the work while your sit your lousy black a.r.s.e somewhere only for the reward to show and you stick your tongue out like a dehydrated dog wanting a piece of the goody? I bet you will not. For your info, my wife and I share house chores. So, look no further; c'est fini.
. Correct
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Gorgeous58(f): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
alutacontinua:
As a real african man that I am, I believe women should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom angry
. African man kor,African man ni, nah person like you,after ur wife don tire from doing all the house chores go wan climb her for bed,instead of make she rest,mtchewwwww
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
missojugo:

My dear there is nothing wrong with helping someone you claim to love, its called been human. If there is something wrong with a man helping with household chores then there is something wrong with a woman helping out in paying the bills.

Nigerian men : If you want a housewife who will be 100% domesticated go for it. If you want a superwoman who will be a career woman, help pay bills and still be 100% domesticated then you are on a long thing!
I agree with you.. Does it really apply in a standard Nigerian society? I help my fiance with chores sometimes. Out of willingness. I'm just saying, should it be a must to do for men? Since paying the bills isn't a must for women.
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
alutacontinua:
As a real african man that I am, I believe women should do their job in the kitchen and let me do mine in the bedroom angry
Correct man. grin
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by ireneidiva(f): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
dam007:
Funny how men view things these days... I'm of the opinion that some things aren't supposed to be ignored regardless of the influence of our colleagues... Helping one's spouse with some house chores isn't mandatory but I feel men frown at it because it looks #demeaning to them as the man of the house.. Here's my view as regards this.. I help my partner with some of "our house chores" when its clear that she's too tired to or for Some reasons unable to do it all.. To me, I do it not because I should, nor because I'm mandated to but because its our house.. Ps I'd love more opinions happy nairalanders!...
You are not 'helping' your wife with chores. You are simply cleaning your house sir. Its not just her house, its also your house.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by dam007(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
ireneidiva:

You are not 'helping' your wife with chores. You are simply cleaning your house sir. Its not just her house, its also your house.
that's my opinion irene, its just that applicability in our nigerian homes is in contrast!
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by tpia411: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by itstpia8: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Regardless where the partner is from, ko kan mi jo!

wss i there when they were dating, se mo mo adehun tan se ni?

Even if una date because of me, I no send!

because of me is different from i was involved!
Re: Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. by johnson232: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
itstpia8:
Regardless where the partner is from, ko kan mi jo!

wss i there when they were dating, se mo mo adehun tan se ni?

Even if una date because of me, I no send!

because of me is different from i was involved!
What are u saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law / I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? / 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.