Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,839 members, 7,906,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde (2771 Views)

Jonathan On The Edge By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde / 2015: The Arithmetic Of Bad Luck, By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde / Nigerian Police Force, Forget Kabiru Sokoto Say Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by Collynzo16: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
The summary of this article is that Northerners are the only ones good enough to rule this country politically and militarily, others aren't good enough.
They should carve out their own country and rule themselves to paradise then.
Why not?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Collynzo16: The summary of this article is that Northerners are the only ones good enough to rule this country politically and militarily, others aren't good enough.
Why not?

Don't mind the author

These were the same people accusing Ihejirika( Ojukwu 2) of committing genocide when he pushed BH to Sambisa.

Now they turn around to accusing him of sponsoring BH

In short

Let the army leave them to BH caliphate so they can see who their freedom fighters are

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I called you babyyyy because you just reasoned like a child

How on earth do you think DSS will question a man who worked with them to contain BH to sambisa

That's your problem.

U see u r so narrow minded I'm nodding in shock.

Ok, going by your reasoning, then OSAMA BIN LADEN should have never been investigated by the FBI or CIA, because, he also worked with the same american agencies against the Soviet Union.

Abi??. undecided
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Collynzo16: The summary of this article is that Northerners are the only ones good enough to rule this country politically and militarily, others aren't good enough.
Why not?

Correction, not the best, but possess one of the Best to rule for now.

BUHARI.

Our track recoed in the military is unquestioned I.e from Gowon to Shuwa to Danjuma to MaiMalari to Murtala etc etc

FYI: let the country break up, we the average everyday folks cld care less.

It's the selfish elites who actually deceive u into thinking otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

That's your problem.

U see u r so narrow minded I'm nodding in shock.

Ok, going by your reasoning, then OSAMA BIN LADEN should have never been investigated by the FBI or CIA, because, he also worked with the same american agencies against the Soviet Union.

Abi??. undecided

Osama declared an open war against US

Have Ihejirika declared any war against Nigeria.?

Ask yourself one smart question

If Ihejirika wanted to make money, why didnt he work with oil thieves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

BUHARI.

Our track recoed in the military is unquestioned I.e from Gowon to Shuwa to Danjuma to MaiMalari to Murtala etc etc

Yet it took the support of Britain Soviet, Arab league and 500 000 dead soldiers on Nigerian side to win the civil war

Ask the military to tell the world how many soldiers were lost in Sierra Leone and Liberia under the control of Northern officers

Guy

2015 will be to your tent oh ISREAL

From 2015 upwards , we shall know those regions that will end up like failed nations like N.Korea Somalia Afghanistan etc
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Osama declared an open war against US

Have Ihejirika declared any war against Nigeria.?

Ask yourself one smart question

If Ihejirika wanted to make money, why didnt he work with oil thieves.

If he has been aiding and sponsorinng Terrorism in this country then he has declared WAR long time ago. But as it happened with Azazi, Jonathan is shielding him from investigation.

2ndly, to your blatant ignorant question -

Ihejirika, to make money and boko Haram was a cash - cow at the time, (which it was as over 4trillion naira was budgeted by Jona from 2010 to combat BokoHaram) and yet nothing tangible in terms of progress was made.

So reason and draw a logical summation
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

If he has been aiding and sponsorinng Terrorism in this country then he has declared WAR long time ago. But as it happened with Azazi, Jonathan is shielding him from investigation.

2ndly, to your blatant ignorant question -

Ihejirika, to make money and boko Haram was a cash - cow at the time, (which it was as over 4trillion naira was budgeted by Jona from 2010 to combat BokoHaram) and yet nothing tangible in terms of progress was made.

So reason and draw a logical summation

How much of that 4 trillion was spent on recurrent expenditure and how much was spent on weapons.

Don't forget that money was spent on all security agencies including paramilitary police SSS etc

I repeat

Oil theft will generate more cash for him than BH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Yet it took the support of Britain Soviet, Arab league and 500 000 dead soldiers on Nigerian side to win the civil war

Ask the military to tell the world how many soldiers were lost in Sierra Leone and Liberia under the control of Northern officers

Guy

2015 will be to your tent oh ISREAL

From 2015 upwards , we shall know those regions that will end up like failed nations like N.Korea Somalia Afghanistan etc

My God! Are you this dull?.

Have you ever seen a nation fight a war on its own.

Why did America look for allies wen it invaded Iraq.

Why did Mali rally france wen it fought the Tuaregs.

Why was there a coalition wof nationsen the west fought the Hitler's Germans, aided by Italians and Japaneses in World War II

It is not as simple as u reason Oga. Ok?.

Besides, ask any military establishment, a division is only as good as its commander.

Why do u think the ancient empires are what they were, eg Mongol empire, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar and the Roman empire etc

It's a historical fact that without great commanders, armies are ineffective.

North has and will always boast Great Military Commanders.

That's the Fact!
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by Collynzo16: 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

BUHARI.

It is more than just Buhari from what I read, he made it seem like northerners as a whole make better leaders from Presidents to Chiefs of army staff, he even said we miss Yaradua dearly. However, the same northerners have ruled us for 38 out of 54 years and we know the result.
The article simply summarizes the ''born to rule'' attitude northerners have been known for. I still insist that if he thinks northerners are the only ones good enough to rule the country, he should call for an excluxively northern country to be carved out so you guys can rule yourselves to paradise, you can join him in the call.
Simple.
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

How much of that 4 trillion was spent on recurrent expenditure and how much was spent on weapons.

Don't forget that money was spent on all security agencies including paramilitary police SSS etc

I repeat

Oil theft will generate more cash for him than BH

If u don't know, then let me enlighten you, military spending since GEJ took over tripled in 2010 to about 970 billion, then about 1.1 trillion the following year after he became substantial C in C.

Now majority of military spending is domiciled in the office of the COAS I.e (Ihejirika at that time).

Cos, the Army has the largest defence personnel of ALL military and para - military outfits.

And due to the perculiarities of the Insurgency, the Army leads on the front and uses the most equipment, logistics, welfare, weapons, recon etc

And Ihejirika had control of a larger percentage of the funds, even more than NSA and CODS.

So, forget oil theft, Yar'adua made it less lucrative with the Amnesty deal. And if u remember Tompolo and Asari are the Lords there
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

My God! Are you this dull?.

Have you ever seen a nation fight a war on its own.

Why did America look for allies wen it invaded Iraq.

Why did Mali rally france wen it fought the Tuaregs.

Why was there a coalition wof nationsen the west fought the Hitler's Germans, aided by Italians and Japaneses in World War II

It is not as simple as u reason Oga. Ok?.

Besides, ask any military establishment, a division is only as good as its commander.

Why do u think the ancient empires are what they were, eg Mongol empire, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar and the Roman empire etc

It's a historical fact that without great commanders, armies are ineffective.

North has and will always boast Great Military Commanders.

That's the Fact!

Thanks for acknowledging that without your allies you won't have won

Now acknowledge the military skills of your allies and give half of your glory to them

Do you know that the GOCs of 7th division are Northern Muslims . Why haven't they be able to stop BH.
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Collynzo16:
It is more than just Buhari from what I read, he made it seem like northerners as a whole make better leaders from Presidents to Chiefs of army staff, he even said we miss Yaradua dearly. However, the same northerners have ruled us for 38 out of 54 years and we know the result.
The article simply summarizes the ''born to rule'' attitude northerners have been known for. I still insist that if he thinks northerners are the only ones good enough to rule the country, he should call for an excluxively northern country to be carved out so you guys can rule yourselves to paradise, you can join him in the call.
Simple.

Forget that propaganda tool of 'Born to Rule'.

It's just political grammar.

Besides, he didn't intend anything of the sort, he was just highlighting the time that Nigeria had foreign incursions and who dealt with the problems at the time.

Not forgettiing Buhari is the major opposition to Jonathan's govt and that's y BokoHaram (political wing) attacked and wanted to kill him in Kaduna.

We wld gladly welcome a Northern country as anything will be better than this failed government we r having now
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

If u don't know, then let me enlighten you, military spending since GEJ took over tripled in 2010 to about 970 billion, then about 1.1 trillion the following year after he became substantial C in C.

Now majority of military spending is domiciled in the office of the COAS I.e (Ihejirika at that time).

Cos, the Army has the largest defence personnel of ALL military and para - military outfits.

And due to the perculiarities of the Insurgency, the Army leads on the front and uses the most equipment, logistics, welfare, weapons, recon etc

And Ihejirika had control of a larger percentage of the funds, even more than NSA and CODS.

So, forget oil theft, Yar'adua made it less lucrative with the Amnesty deal. And if u remember Tompolo and Asari are the Lords there

OK

Tell me

How much of the 4trillion was spent on the army since you claimed most went to the army
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Thanks for acknowledging that without your allies you won't have won

Now acknowledge the military skills of your allies and give half of your glory to them

Do you know that the GOCs of 7th division are Northern Muslims . Why haven't they be able to stop BH.

Do u actually think a nation's army is even defeatable by the band of killers of then Biafra. Forget it man.

With the army we had and our traing it was impossible.

Why do u think there was mutiny in 7th division?

There was lack of funding and weapons, even the soldiers said it won't be hard to defeat bH but only if they wld be given the funds and weapons they ask for.

But, as we knew corruption by the Oga(s) I.e CoAS and co will always hamper it
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Do u actually think a nation's army is even defeatable by the band of killers of then Biafra. Forget it man.

With the army we had and our traing it was impossible.

Why do u think there was mutiny in 7th division?

There was lack of funding and weapons, even the soldiers said it won't be hard to defeat bH but only if they wld be given the funds and weapons they ask for.

But, as we knew corruption by the Oga(s) I.e CoAS and co will always hamper it

They mutiny because the sabotage by Northern officers in the army led to the death of their colleagues
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

OK

Tell me

How much of the 4trillion was spent on the army since you claimed most went to the army

Ihejirika knows.

Ask him, he is your brother afterall
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

They mutiny because the sabotage by Northern officers in the army led to the death of their colleagues

No, the sabotage from the Defence Headquarterss and the COAS led to it.

A northerner wasn't heading the army, an igbo guy was, and a niger-deltan is now
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by Collynzo16: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Forget that propaganda tool of 'Born to Rule'.

It's just political grammar.

Besides, he didn't intend anything of the sort, he was just highlighting the time that Nigeria had foreign incursions and who dealt with the problems at the time.

Not forgettiing Buhari is the major opposition to Jonathan's govt and that's y BokoHaram (political wing) attacked and wanted to kill him in Kaduna.

We wld gladly welcome a Northern country as anything will be better than this failed government we r having now
Are you sure you read the article? Or you just saw Buhari's name and stopped there? You don't even need to read in between the lines to know that he was saying northerners are born to rule and are the best leaders even though they ruled for 38 years with nothing to show.
What is the relationship between a fool soldiers from a foreign country crossing into the country and a local insurgency with a good amount of local and political backing??
As for the attack on Buhari, it was staged in order to remove that boko haram tag from his name, we know better.
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Ihejirika knows.

Ask him, he is your brother afterall

You said most of the 4trillion was spent on the army

I asked you to provide proof

The next you did you asked me to ask Ihejirika

Guy talk with fact

If you claim most of the fund was spent on the army provide proof.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

No, the sabotage from the Defence Headquarterss and the COAS led to it.

A northerner wasn't heading the army, an igbo guy was, and a niger-deltan is now

COAS is different from GOC
COAS is Igbo but GOCs Northern Muslims

The boys mutiny because Northern officers sabotaged them leading to the death of their colleagues
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You said most of the 4trillion was spent on the army

I asked you to provide proof

The next you did you asked me to ask Ihejirika

Guy talk with fact

If you claim most of the fund was spent on the army provide proof.

Yes, its a fact.

Your question is irrational in the sense that, you r saying figures of Ihejirika's spending should be given to you.

So, in turn, is it not Ihejirika and GEJ that have those figures.

But what any informed stakeholder knows is that the supply chain since BH was confronted undder goodluck became president is co-ordinated by the office of Chief of Army Staff.

Take it anywhere or better still do a little investigation and fact finding and prove me wrong.
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

COAS is different from GOC
COAS is Igbo but GOCs Northern Muslims

The boys mutiny because Northern officers sabotaged them leading to the death of their colleagues

Funding and Issuing of Weaponry and Logistics plus welfare is done from Headquarters Oga.

They mutinied cos they lacked weapons and logistics and so BH were killing the like flies
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Yes, its a fact.

Your question is irrational in the sense that, you r saying figures of Ihejirika's spending should be given to you.

So, in turn, is it not Ihejirika and GEJ that have those figures.

But what any informed stakeholder knows is that the supply chain since BH was confronted undder goodluck became president is co-ordinated by the office of Chief of Army Staff.

Take it anywhere or better still do a little investigation and fact finding and prove me wrong.

If it is a fact, provide proof

Remember Ihejirika had a boss who was the CDS chief of defence staff.

Don't forget he had a greater say over Ihejirika
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Collynzo16:
Are you sure you read the article? Or you just saw Buhari's name and stopped there? You don't even need to read in between the lines to know that he was saying northerners are born to rule and are the best leaders even though they ruled for 38 years with nothing to show.
What is the relationship between a fool soldiers from a foreign country crossing into the country and a local insurgency with a good amount of local and political backing??
As for the attack on Buhari, it was staged in order to remove that boko haram tag from his name, we know better.

You are not responding to the article based on facts in the article but on sentiments and emotions.

Unless you balance your view and attack the message and not 'in between the line' messages then you will not gain from it.

So, it's better you ignore it.

P.S - Buhari stage Bombing on himself?

Very funny and foolish statement

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Funding and Issuing of Weaponry and Logistics plus welfare is done from Headquarters Oga.

They mutinied cos they lacked weapons and logistics and so BH were killing the like flies

You see you didn't follow the gist

They mutiny because they were sabotage by Northern Muslim officers

Google it to verify it
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If it is a fact, provide proof

Remember Ihejirika had a boss who was the CDS chief of defence staff.

Don't forget he had a greater say over Ihejirika

Oga, y are u going around in circles.

It's like asking me what was Ihejirika's salary at the ennd of the month? Isn't Ihejirika the one to ask that question?.

But, yet, u know he has a salary at the end of the month.

That is what I am saying here. So, pls dnt ask me for figures.

2ndly, COAS is in charge of Army, CO air staff is in charge of Airforce and CONS in charge of navy.

The CDS is the middle man btw service chiefs and the President with the National assembly.

So, COAS handles his allocation autonomously
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by Collynzo16: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

You are not responding to the article based on facts in the article but on sentiments and emotions.

Unless you balance your view and attack the message and not 'in between the line' messages then you will not gain from it.

So, it's better you ignore it.

P.S - Buhari stage Bombing on himself?

Very funny and foolish statement
What facts? The fact from the article is that he believes northerners are the only ones good enough to rule the country, he buttressed his point by selectively mentioning names like Buhari, Shagari, Wushishi, Yaradua, Shagaya amd Malu. He said there was no insurgenc after the Maitaisaine riots until Obasanjo (a Southerner) came to power.
As for Buhari, he didn't stage bomb himself, he staged a bomb attack on himself, i.e. he was never going to get hurt from it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 9:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Oga, y are u going around in circles.

It's like asking me what was Ihejirika's salary at the ennd of the month? Isn't Ihejirika the one to ask that question?.

But, yet, u know he has a salary at the end of the month.

That is what I am saying here. So, pls dnt ask me for figures.

2ndly, COAS is in charge of Army, CO air staff is in charge of Airforce and CONS in charge of navy.

The CDS is the middle man btw service chiefs and the President with the National assembly.

So, COAS handles his allocation autonomously

OK

Since you insist that your view is right

May God breakup Nigeria so that we can see how far Muslim North can progress
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Collynzo16:
What facts? The fact from the article is that he believes northerners are the only ones good enough to rule the country, he buttressed his point by selectively mentioning names like Buhari, Shagari, Wushishi, Yaradua, Shagaya amd Malu. He said there was no insurgenc after the Maitaisaine riots until Obasanjo (a Southerner) came to power.
As for Buhari, he didn't stage bomb himself, he staged a bomb attack on himself, i.e. he was never going to get hurt from it.

Let me correct you.

That's wat u believe.

Ur opinion is yours, shikenan
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by lacasa: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackTechnology:

OK

Since you insist that your view is right

May God breakup Nigeria so that we can see how far Muslim North can progress

Dnt worry about the Muslim North, we are already progressing.

Worry about your own. That shld be your point of concern
Re: Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde by BlackTechnology: 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Dnt worry about the Muslim North, we are already progressing.

Worry about your own. That shld be your point of concern

Am never worried about Muslim Northern Nigeria but you guys insistence to rule Nigeria

As for Arewa , I know it will tow the path of N.Korea Somalia Afghanistan as can be seen in BH blind desire for a retrogressive system of government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Holy Bible Condemned APC (proof) / Plea To Oyo State Governor: 6 Months Salary / I Will Henceforth Support Buhari If He Snubs Tinubu-ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.