Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,935 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan (19123 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Buhari Leaves Bokos To Chad But Sends Airforce Jets To The SS / We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by tit(f): 1:46am On Sep 12, 2014
Lai Mohammed/APC, lying since the hijira!
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by datribune: 2:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Henrypraise:

Once again, u ar tinkin aloud like many nigerians, u av failed to understand d article, wats ur definition of clueless? Despite d sanctions n counter sanctions place on russia n d gap btwn russia n usa, don't u see obama n putin standin in same room n holdin reasonable discussions? B4 d fall of gaddafi, did u not see him everywere in bbc grantin interviews?

Even d presidency tinks its outrageous also n dats y de av cum out to clear d air, but nigerians ar bein bias n loopsided in dia judgement

Outside d article, Anybody will knw n understand dat sherrif must av lobbied his way to see/ meet d president on a neutral ground n wic ground is more neutral dan chad for him?

d instances u quoted ar not relevant here. Sheriff is not d president's opponent but a man being investigated 4 BH sponsorship. d president can not be meeting on dis sensitive visit wit someone who is being investigated by d DSS 4 sponsorship of BH. I mean who does dat?. Why d president who is on a sensitive mission to find ways of combating BH will choose to meet wit d chadian president in d same room wit someone who has been cited as a BH sponsor can only go down as a blunder of monumental proportions & a case of utter cluelessness. Abati's clarification is not very helpful & seems more like spin. Must Sheriff travel wit d president 4 him to be in d govt contingent?.
d bolded is a very unfortunate statement & I hope 4 d president's sake dat u ar wrong, for if u ar right u hav just called d president's character to question.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ddeola: 2:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Politics don USELESS R.A. life, d guy don sink tey tey no b today. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by philips70(m): 3:30am On Sep 12, 2014
sCun: looking a the pic below, it is 100% clear that Sheriff was part of the team WELCOMING Jonathan not part of the Presidential entourage. So the Presidency's version of him actually being in Chad before the is true.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1688634_eddee_jpeg1f1ac8353b0dae96fa690440fb5bbfa0

How dumb are you? Is this not evident that GEJ sent his new MAN FRIDAY SHERIFF as part of an advance party to Chad to prepare for his visit hence his presence at the meeting?

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by arresa: 3:42am On Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Gov. Sheriff under probe over alleged Boko Haram ties- Presidency

The Nigerian government has opened an investigation into allegations linking a former governor of Borno State, Modu Sheriff, with extremist sect, Boko Haram. President Goodluck Jonathan’s office said Thursday that recent allegations by an Australian negotiator that Mr. Sheriff has been a longstanding financier of the deadly group, is being examined by government investigators. Mr. Jonathan will not interfere “wilfully” with the probe or its findings, his spokesperson, Reuben Abati, said in a statement. “President Jonathan is fully aware of the allegation made against Senator Sheriff by Stephen Davis. That allegation is already being investigated by the security agencies who will make their findings known to the public in due course,” Mr. Abati said. He added

The president assures all Nigerians that he has not wilfully taken any action that could prejudice the outcome of that ongoing inquiry Mr. Jonathan assured of his “total commitment to doing all within his powers to bring all identified and verified sponsors of terrorism to justice, and ending the menace of violent extremism in the country”. The comments are the first official reaction from the presidency over the allegations tying Mr. Sheriff to the group.

Premium Times

The man is palling around with the same man he is probing while discussing issues relating to the same thing he's probing the man for..

This makes no sense

Is this not stupidity, bankrupt mentality, insincerity and conflict of interest?

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:53am On Sep 12, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

On the contrary, you and your similar dumb heads are the ones clueless. Some of you cannot stand and see your parents been so disparaged. If you care to know, Modu Sheriff was not in the president entourage. He only went to visit his own president. Stop spitting rubbish at your president.
With the recent allegation levelled against Sheriff, was the President not suppose to ask his aid not to allow Sheriff come close to him. I still remember how the aid of Jonathan prevent Amaechi from getting close to Jonathan on a live programme sometimes last year when he and other APC governors went to Aso Rock for a meeting. No matter how highly placed you are, the President is informed and may approve of your seeing him if you wish to see him, no matter how impromtu. The President must have approved of his seeing Sheriff.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ojimbo(m): 4:55am On Sep 12, 2014
i just know that all the APC E-worriors will be happy on all the above statements. 2015 will say it all
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by femtoj2: 5:23am On Sep 12, 2014
[i]Jona!Jona!Jona! Na only you waka come.

Beacuse of 2015 Exam, Somebody in the class of "Leaders" can go this lenght seeking malpractices materials even with innocent blood.

Am just thinking...............
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 12, 2014
RockMaxi: Like my usual quote: "Never believe anything until it has been officially
denied."--Otto von Bismarck

Yes President you didn't travel with Sheriff, he is the one that came to meet you. Don't forget you both have official jet, yours is Presidential Jet while his is personal jet. grin

arsetalks: Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Claud Cockburn

abeg who really get the quote
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Ijaya123: 5:49am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=OLADD][/quote]

Mr, if the president can't take the heat, let him step down. Is he more critized than Obama? You have a president that has brought down governance to the level of mediocrity and you are here living in self denial.
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Ijaya123: 5:55am On Sep 12, 2014

On the contrary, you and your similar dumb heads are the ones clueless. Some of you cannot stand and see your parents been so disparaged. If you care to know, Modu Sheriff was not in the president entourage. He only went to visit his own president. Stop spitting rubbish at your president.

I beg your pardon, tell your president to stop rubbishing Nigerians and get his acts together.
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Olyboy16(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2014

You can find answers to that in my subsequent posts. I am not a PDP or GEJ advocates. Just trying to say things based on available facts rather than following crowd of blackmailers and romour mongers
by their actions, you know them...Now he's denying his own people..we're not suprised, like GEJ like OLADD(better stil OLODO)

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by bokoarerams: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2014
denigma2: Was this photoshopped
the picture u see is d welcoming reception, the closed door meeting took place later without sherif, snapping of pictures are not allowed in closer door security meetings. All these anti Gej guy are so dumb and irritating.
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by size38: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2014
One thing I found funny and irritating about this present govt of GEJ is telling lies. Why did it take d govt so long to refute this allegation? GEJ instead would have given any kind of excuse rather than engaging in this kind of shameful lies.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by chamboy(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2014
GEJ till wen again 20...May 2015 Back to ya village Otueke
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2014
obailala: WHAT NONSENSE!!!....
He wasn't on the presidents entourage and he was allowed to sit gracefully on the front row ALONE with GEJ and the president of Chad even while the others in the room had to sit on the side stools?... What else is the definition of 'entourage' according to the Jonathan dictionary?

I
Haaaa May God bless you Kai am so happy I have seen somebody who thinks logically infact may all the Good things of Life accrue to you and your Family .Haba you will live a good life but for you people who have not reasoned well and concluded logically May your life be like the way GEJ is running Naija and also may your life be a complete example of the situation in Nigeria .

f he isn't with GEJ in this picture, can someone please tell me Sheriff is now an aide of the Chaddian president or maybe the meeting took place in Sheriff's house in Chad?... or maybe Sheriff gatecrashed the meeting of both presidents and he was gracefully allowed entrance?

How can GEJ just accidentally meet Sheriff at the airport in Chad (as they want us to now believe) and he suddenly decides to abandon the other members of his entourage and he takes Sheriff (who wasn't in the plan) along into the meeting room with the Chadian president?... does that even make any sense at all to you guys on this thread who have happily chosen to believe the gibberish denial from Abati? angry

Why do these our leaders always think the people they rule are iidiots they can tell anything?...

I'm sorry to say this but it is only a capital iidiot that would see this picture and still say Sheriff isn't there with GEJ angry

Just as always, the man always acts before he thinks... Then Abati would have to be the one to bear the brunt

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696597_1410460420595_jpegc037b2e33f93c45cfd9de886b787a54e
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Haaaa May God bless you Kai am so happy I have seen somebody who thinks logically infact may all the Good things of Life accrue to you and your Family .Haba you will live a good life but for you people who have not reasoned well and concluded logically May your life be like the way GEJ is running Naija and also may your life be a complete example of the situation in Nigeria . 

quote author=obailala]WHAT NONSENSE!!!....
He wasn't on the presidents entourage and he was allowed

to sit gracefully on the front row ALONE with GEJ and the president of Chad even while the others in the room had to sit on the side stools?... What else is the definition of 'entourage' according to the Jonathan dictionary?

If he isn't with GEJ in this picture, can someone please tell me Sheriff is now an aide of the Chaddian president or maybe the meeting took place in Sheriff's house in Chad?... or maybe Sheriff gatecrashed the meeting of both presidents and he was gracefully allowed entrance?

How can GEJ just accidentally meet Sheriff at the airport in Chad (as they want us to now believe) and he suddenly decides to abandon the other members of his entourage and he takes Sheriff (who wasn't in the plan) along into the meeting room with the Chadian president?... does that even make any sense at all to you guys on this thread who have happily chosen to believe the gibberish denial from Abati? angry

Why do these our leaders always think the people they rule are iidiots they can tell anything?...

I'm sorry to say this but it is only a capital iidiot that would see this picture and still say Sheriff isn't there with GEJ angry

Just as always, the man always acts before he thinks... Then Abati would have to be the one to bear the brunt

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696597_1410460420595_jpegc037b2e33f93c45cfd9de886b787a54e [/quote]
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2014
size38: One thing I found funny and irritating about this present govt of GEJ is telling lies. Why did it take d govt so long to refute this allegation? GEJ instead would have given any kind of excuse rather than engaging in this kind of shameful lies.
Please guy, if you or any other person can answer this very simple question(s) I will be very happy for the rest of the day even without eating!... 1.WHY WAS SHERIFF NOT ACCUSED OF TERRORISM SPONSORSHIP WHEN HE WAS IN THE APC? 2.DID HE JUST START SPONSORING TERROR AS SOON AS HE DECAMPED FROM THE APC? just simple answers.
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Rijes: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
freshprincex49: What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!
Cant u understand.......
Sheiff was already in chad. He just came to visit presido
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2014
unic: We really have bunch of dumb ass on this forum, has anyone accusing GEJ taken a look at the legs of Sheriff as seated to understand that the picture could have been superimposed on that scene. Also, why is it that all the while this guy was in APC he was not a BH sponsor until now that he moved over to PDP? his been a BH sponsor came to light.
Very silly analysis... APC photoshopped a picture and gives to Reuben Abati to post online?.... Even the presidency in their denial did not say Sheriff wasn't there... How can you be this dumb and yet you are the one accusing others of being dumb? angry ... It has become very obvious that attempting to defend the indefensible actions of Jonathan just makes his supporters to think like infants

chudionu58: Please guy, if you or any other person can answer this very simple question(s) I will be very happy for the rest of the day even without eating!... 1.WHY WAS SHERIFF NOT ACCUSED OF TERRORISM SPONSORSHIP WHEN HE WAS IN THE APC? 2.DID HE JUST START SPONSORING TERROR AS SOON AS HE DECAMPED FROM THE APC? just simple answers.
Stop asking silly questions which you should already know the answer.... If you are so ignorant of happenings in Nigeria you have google to check for information... Sheriff has always been a suspect and there has been calls by various groups for him to be arrested. GEJ being a weakling has never been able to arrest him and only recently, when the pressure from those calling for his arrest grew strong, he quickly joined PDP so he would never be prosecuted... Today Sheriff enjoys unlimited immunity from investigation or trial for being under the bosom of GEJ... GEJ even had to rub it in the faces of Nigerians by sitting down in an international security meeting with a suspected terrorist; thereby bringing shame to the office of the presidency and drawing up questions as to the political will of the president to fight terrorism.

Except you have wilfully decided to be an irredeemable dolt, my explanations should answer your questions and also let you understand why any sensible Nigerian should be saddened by this unholy romance.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Whether GEJ invited Sheriff or whether Sheriff invited himself, it is a blunder of monumental proportions for the president to be seen in public hobnobbing with someone under investigation for terrorism... Everyday I wonder who even advises GEJ or how the man reasons; He always acts, then later goes back to think of his actions... How can a person like this be a president of such a great nation?

The people always supporting every action and inaction of Jonathan even when it is clearly indefensible, I wonder how you guys actually sleep at night or how you actually reason undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2014
Rijes:
Cant u understand.......
Sheiff was already in chad. He just came to visit presido

He just came casually to greet the president and he was allowed into the chambers where GEJ was having a security meeting with the Chadian president??... Of all the people that make up the presidents entourage he only chose to walk into the meeting with a person who gatecrashed?... not just anyone but actually a person who has always been a prime suspect?...

Be honest to yourself, do you belief that trash?... you dont have to answer my questions

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Rijes: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2014
obailala:

He just came casually to greet the president and he was allowed into the chambers where GEJ was having a security meeting with the Chadian president??... Of all the people that make up the presidents entourage he only chose to walk into the meeting with a person who gatecrashed?... not just anyone but actually a person who has always been a prime suspect?...

Be honest to yourself, do you belief that trash?... you dont have to answer my questions
Who told u he enter inside the meeting hall were u there......
The pix depicts that he met him outside...
Biafra 2015
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2014
freshprincex49: What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!

My brother the main problem is they know they would not have to give account and if it ever came to that they can snip the noose easily and escape unscathed
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Smartsyn: tolerance is all you need

Tolerenace of what, mediocrity , poverty of accumen , indiscipline , nepotism , failure , looting , fraud , corruption , theft of our collective future !
That main shortfall of the Nigerian populace has been their resolve to be tolerant and oft outright supportive .

Please don't mention that sentence in the presence of people with nationalism flowing through their veins

As baba 70' sang "suffering and smiling"

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2014
Rijes:
Biafra 2015

smh
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Smartsyn: tolerance is all you need

If you want to die from "tolerance" speak for yourself and of course all your dumb asss fellow GEJites.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Rijes:
Biafra 2015
Stop arguing blindly... The more you try to defend this despicable romance, the more you continue to encourage our leaders to take us for fools... here's your picture of your president seated gracefully with Sheriff and the Chadian president.. Now tell me Sheriff is also still welcoming GEJ by sitting there
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696569_sheriff_jpeg7d1a9ef68c5bf32b0929fc2730368df9
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Stop asking silly questions which you should already know the answer.... If you are so ignorant of happenings in Nigeria you have google to check for information... Sheriff has always been a suspect and there has been calls by various groups for him to be arrested. GEJ being a weakling has never been able to arrest him and only recently, when the pressure from those calling for his arrest grew strong, he quickly joined PDP so he would never be prosecuted... Today Sheriff enjoys unlimited immunity from investigation or trial for being under the bosom of GEJ... GEJ even had to rub it in the faces of Nigerians by sitting down in an international security meeting with a suspected terrorist; thereby bringing shame to the office of the presidency and drawing up questions as to the political will of the president to fight terrorism.

Except you have wilfully decided to be an irredeemable dolt, my explanations should answer your questions and also let you understand why any sensible Nigerian should be saddened by, th:is unholy romance.
[/quote]Very convincing! "He has always being a suspect" yet APC(saints and angels) gleefully left him in their fold without uttering a word Wow!! "He quickly joined the PDP"...From where?? Hmmm "Nigerians should be saddened about the unholy romance"....But same Nigerians should be clapping and dancing for all the time he has being in the APC!!! Kai these guys sabi evade questions eh! Continue deceiving yourself selectively shouting up and down.
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Rijes:
Biafra 2015
That he is in his entourage doesn't mean he must travel in the same plane with Jonathan; there is something called an advanced team that goes ahead to prepare the way for the presidents visit and the advanced team also welcomes the president when he arrives... Please stop limiting your reasoning ability all because you feel you have a duty to defend an inexcusable action of Jonathan... Everyone has a right to support his chosen candidate but defending an inexcusable blunder sometimes makes you just look desperate and silly, my apologies!

By the way, I am tired of posting this picture on this thread; Stop pretending like you haven't seen this picture.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696569_sheriff_jpeg7d1a9ef68c5bf32b0929fc2730368df9

Can you also now tell me that this picture of GEJ meeting with the Chad president was also at the airport where he accidentally bumped into Sheriff?
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
chudionu58:

Very convincing! "He has always being a suspect" yet APC(saints and angels) gleefully left him in their fold without uttering a word Wow!! "He quickly joined the PDP"...From where?? Hmmm "Nigerians should be saddened about the unholy romance"....But same Nigerians should be clapping and dancing for all the time he has being in the APC!!! Kai these guys sabi evade questions eh! Continue deceiving yourself selectively shouting up and down.

Mr Man, not every Nigerian you meet is as petty as you to think and see everything as politics of APC vs PDP. What has this issue got to do with PDP or APC?... If you choose to mortgage the rest of your life to the mercy of criminals because you think every issue has to be APC vs PDP, then so be it... You have already made up your mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Militants Flee Ogun, Regroup In Ondo / Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February / FG Plots Fresh Charges Against Onnoghen: The 3 Stage Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.