Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,647 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:51 AM

GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off (1157 Views)

Between Guys And Ladies In This Section, Who Contributes More Maturely To Topics / How Do I Handle This Maturely / Seven Rules That Will Save You The Pain Of Heart Breaks (for Guys Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Clinton594(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2014
Please qoute me ' I mean MATURELY'
Right now someone is confused and doesn't want to regret his actions later on . I'm in school about to graduate- I met this fine lady, actually someone connected her to me when she needed someone to write her exams for her. After that we became superclose friends and she really likes me like seriously . She's been giving me these 'come on' acts buh I chose to pretend not to understand until recently she openly indirectly and teasingly asked me what I'd feel like shud a lady ask me out. In as much as I knw where she's driving @ I just gave her a funny comment and we laughed it off.
The point is, she's way too beautiful for my liking. In an Engrg faculty where guys are upto 98% of d populaxn you can imagine the competition therein.
I did it before and ended up with injuries and humiliations. Can't do that again plus I need to stay focused.
How best do I keep her at friendship arms-length without actually making her feel bad for being open . She's very jovial and I don't want come out with plain words hurt her pride. Remember she is still expecting me to understand her signs.
Please mature comments if you've done it well before .....
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Sanchez01: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2014
There are several ways though; it's either you come out straight by letting it out in the course of a joke that you are not thinking of getting attached now or you just pretend and keep on mentioning one thing in your conversations; and tha is the fact that you guys are friends.

I would have asked you to simply avoid her but it hurts more, particularly when she wants it more, relationship, I mean.

In all, I suggest you sit her down and tell her you respect her and her person and you consider her a great friend. Tell her your girls's issues, that way, she'd also understand.
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Unionised(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2014
She's your friend.

Be open about it.

Start that talk with her. That's maturity.

She will appreciate you better.

And even love you more.

Maybe after school, you might start liking her.

NO CLOSED DOORS...
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by djeezy(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
While discussing with her you can indirectly tell her the reasons why you don't want a girlfriend and hence the need to concentrate on your studies. She will get the message that she doesn't stand a chance. I wouldve suggested you halt hanging out with her and minimise the way you pick her calls but since she's already your friend that would be harsh.
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
If only you had invited us

We would have given you good clues from our point of view

After all, its one of us you're trying to friend-zone.....

We wear the shoe and we know where it pinches

We know exactly how you can do it without hurting us

So wouldn't you rather get the advice from us?
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by kessco(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
Op, I don't believe you don't know what to do because you are a guy.

You cannot keep protecting all feelings, you what you want more than I do.

Oh my God, remembered back in school, I had several interests from ladies, I hadly ask a girl out but they kept on coming. I placed them all in their rightful positions with God on my sides. Past tense now...
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by MrCork: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
...no offense but what kinda question iz this?.....how do u wave at a woman? ...cling thing.......bro hav u tried usin yor nose"

. . am of to play golf. Laters!
angry

1 Like

Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
And another girl is about to be friendzoned sad
Guys where are your consciences?

Did I hear you say she is way too beautiful for your liking?smh
Nawa
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Tymax(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Bro, you must build distance between you guys. Disappear from her radar for like 3 days. Appear with a group of fine chics who are just friends. Ladies are quicker to recognize subtle signs more than guys. Distance eases the hurt.

If you discuss with her you will hurt her. I am talking from experience. I have made this mistake more than once because I wanted to be logical and plain. She will never see the logic, so don't call her for a discussion. Besides, you might unknowingly use words that would hit her in sensitive areas.

Just let her see that you don't dig her by focusing your attention elsewhere. Don't call her phone. Don't hang out with her. She'll get the signs.
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tymax: Bro, you must build distance between you guys. Disappear from her radar for like 3 days. Appear with a group of fine chics who are just friends. Ladies are quicker to recognize subtle signs more than guys. Distance eases the hurt.

If you discuss with her you will hurt her. I am talking from experience. I have made this mistake more than once because I wanted to be logical and plain. She will never see the logic, so don't call her for a discussion. Besides, you might unknowingly use words that would hit her in sensitive areas.

Just let her see that you don't dig her by focusing your attention elsewhere. Don't call her phone. Don't hang out with her. She'll get the signs.

I bind and cast that spirit in you...

1 Like

Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Clinton594(m): 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
estyann: If only you had invited us

We would have given you good clues from our point of view

After all, its one of us you're trying to friend-zone.....

We wear the shoe and we know where it pinches

We know exactly how you can do it without hurting us

So wouldn't you rather get the advice from us?

Hey aite you're invited .... Lemme have whatchu gat
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Clinton594(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
3cycle: And another girl is about to be friendzoned sad
Guys where are your consciences?

Did I hear you say she is way too beautiful for your liking?smh
Nawa

Lols babe I'm really trying to avoid your scenario here ... As you saw I purposely omitted friendzone and replaced with arms length . I don't want either of us hurt in the process and its not like I'm ditching her or something .
And yes babe she's way to beautiful for Engrg .... Engrs understand what I mean
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Dolcilicious(f): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Clinton594: Please qoute me ' I mean MATURELY'
Right now someone is confused and doesn't want to regret his actions later on . I'm in school about to graduate- I met this fine lady, actually someone connected her to me when she needed someone to write her exams for her. After that we became superclose friends and she really likes me like seriously . She's been giving me these 'come on' acts buh I chose to pretend not to understand until recently she openly indirectly and teasingly asked me what I'd feel like shud a lady ask me out. In as much as I knw where she's driving @ I just gave her a funny comment and we laughed it off.
The point is, she's way too beautiful for my liking. In an Engrg faculty where guys are upto 98% of d populaxn you can imagine the competition therein.
I did it before and ended up with injuries and humiliations. Can't do that again plus I need to stay focused.
How best do I keep her at friendship arms-length without actually making her feel bad for being open . She's very jovial and I don't want come out with plain words hurt her pride. Remember she is still expecting me to understand her signs.
Please mature comments if you've done it well before .....

You know what?Just keep pretending You dont know what her actions mean.Be very neutral with her and dont ever be alone with her,its dangerous.Chill till when she actually say wat she is feeling inside and if she doesnt good for u.If she does,try nd let her know what u feel without hurting her feelings.Assure her u guys are still close friends and after that,let her see little of u.Its normal if a lady is attracted to a man first,u wud just be d one to choose either she's good for u or not.

Jesu!!! shockedshockedshocked,i v commented already b4 i realised its for guys only.I cant delete,can i?grincheesy

2 Likes

Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmm..u don't wana do it so as not to feel insecure..anyways,don't act too proud around her cos she made u feel special by askn u out...for me,would av asked u to give her a chance cos if u say no nw',u myt end up regretn it later...but for d answer u seek: never tell hw u fear competition wid oda guys...jxt tell her u think u guys connect betta as pals...she would regret askn u out tho' but u av to hell in a calm manner so she knows u appreciate her courage at least...if u won't say Yes,pls don't keep her guessing...smiley
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Clinton594(m): 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
djeezy: While discussing with her you can indirectly tell her the reasons why you don't want a girlfriend and hence the need to concentrate on your studies. She will get the message that she doesn't stand a chance. I wouldve suggested you halt hanging out with her and minimise the way you pick her calls but since she's already your friend that would be harsh.

Yeeeeeeeah !
Exactly kinda what I'm tryna avoid
Re: GUYS ONLY!!! How Do You Maturely Wave A Woman Off by Elxandre(m): 3:11am On Sep 14, 2014
just tell her why you can't date her. A mature lady will understand.

Try explaining to her your commitment to your academic and career for now. You can just subtly slide this into a conversation with her. This way she will remain your friend, and of course, this leaves the door open to a future relationship.

It's nice to know considerate guys still exist though.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Go Into Impediment Of Debt Just To Impress Ladies ? / Does Age Difference Matter In Love? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.