Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,003 members, 7,919,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:24 AM

Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? (816 Views)

Uk Family Visit Visa / How Long Does It Take For A Uk Family Visa To Be Issued? / For Those With Children Born In The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? by mona83(f): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2008
I have a friend whose dad has been in the UK for some years now. He finally got his residence and work permit recently. So he filed for his daughter -my young friend- to come join him. He -her father- has completed all the documentations and legal paperwork in UK and sent all necessary papers to her, including a letter from his attorney who is an accredited Immigration lawyer in the UK, that she should go to the embassy here to complete the process. He however said pointedly that we should not pay any money at all, as the process for family re-union was free as stipulated in the relevant sub-section.

On getting to the visa application office at Oregun however, we were asked to pay N121, 000. I was in shock. I explained all of the above to them to no avail. I heard of a woman who had gone through a similar ordeal, but stood her ground that the service was free. In the end, the whole process cost her only N400- two children inclusive. I however do not have her contacts.

So, i appeal to any Nairalander who has traveled this road or knows anyone who has to please furnish me with any information that might be of help.
Re: Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? by Busybody2(f): 4:03am On Nov 01, 2008
Does he have limited leave to remain or Indefinite leave to remain and when was this granted? It depends on what settlement category the dad has.
Re: Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? by mona83(f): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2008
@ Busy_body. Her dad's papers are for permanent stay in the UK, and stipulate that he can bring in his dependants or loved ones.
Re: Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? by Busybody2(f): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
Sorry what I meant to say was that: Was the dad recognised as a refugee or granted exceptional leave to remain or granted humanitarian protection or granted discretionary leave?

The fee is waived for some in the above categories, but not for all.

For all you know, that woman could have been someone whom the Ogbonis wanted to circumcise or someone whom the Niger-Deltan MEND wanted to conscript lipsrsealed and claimed, and was granted refugee status ya know grin grin grin
Re: Uk Family Re-union Process: Free Or Not? by LondonCool(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Pls,what Are The Steps To Take In Get Uk Student Visa / This Forum Needs To Be Cleansed Of Scammers. / I Need Asistance To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.