Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,953 members, 7,903,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City (20499 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Nigeria: 3rd On Africa Millionaire List / Photo: Gov, Abiola Ajimobi Replaces Transformer Removed By Teslim Folarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by kel4soft: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Why is it that non Akwa Ibomites are the ones creaming over the top regards to Uyo.

I don't give a toss about the city, but the OP is funny. Replacing Port Harcourt as one of Nigeria top 3 cities with Uyo is scary and useless.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by kel4soft: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Eleme junction interchange (flyover), Obiri Ikwerre interchange (flyover) and Mile flyover fine pass any one wey dey Uyo. Kpokwem.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Remove your eyes from the major road which we already know from so much adverts and look at the inner streets from this picture as well as the low quality housing.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Compare with Diobu area of Port-harcourt often considered as slum by many people. As can be deduced from this picture Diobu has better flyovers, housing and more tarred roads than this Itam area of Uyo.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by ba7man(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo: Compare with Diobu area of Port-harcourt often considered as slum by many people. As can be deduced from this picture Diobu has better flyovers, housing and more tarred roads than this Itam area of Uyo.
When one has never seen wide Roads and flyovers in his/her life, that person tends to glorify them.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
kel4soft: The OP needs brain surgery. So because you have few good roads in a city that is not as big as Obio/Akpor in PH with scanty buildings have made it replace Port Harcourt. Uyo need more 30years intense building of structures with PH staying still for your Uyo to come close to PH.
PH has neva been a fine city to be sincere,is d activity of oil companies dat got ppl tokin abt PH.
PH is a slum Uyo is a new world
Broke oil thieve

4 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Iykopee(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
@OP, where is finest in uyo with suported pics lemme post pics of finest places in PH.... abegi uyo dey learn work for now.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by kel4soft: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
MichaelAustin:
PH has neva been a fine city to be sincere,is d activity of oil companies dat got ppl tokin abt PH.
PH is a slum Uyo is a new world
Broke oil thieve

I wont join issues with you. Thats all. How can something that was not fine be replaced?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
kel4soft:

What is the area of this so called road networks. I mean area square.

I take Enugu over Uyo in terms of area square. I have been to both cities.
Enugu with dat red soil? Yuck!
Uyo beats Enugu wit plenty gap

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
Uyo is too empty and deserted, it doesn't really have this city looks, it hasn't taken over from port harcourt. It has a lot to do before attaining that status.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
By the time OP steps into Shell RA or IA or EPZ he'll think he's in Europe. What Amaechi antagonists are doing is trying to project the many bad sides of Rivers while they promote the 3 or 4 good roads in Uyo like everywhere in Akwa-Ibom is like that. It is same with Rochas antagonists.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
Am sorry to break your heart OP, uyo just has fountains and roads, that doesn't make a city, if you know PH you won't open this silly thread, the aesthetics of a city isn't all about fountains and roads, uyo is structurally(building) dead. Now answer this question OP, where do you know in PH?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo: By the time OP steps into Shell RA or IA or EPZ he'll think he's in Europe. What Amaechi antagonists are doing is trying to project the many bad sides of Rivers while they promote the 3 or 4 good roads in Uyo like everywhere in Akwa-Ibom is like that. It is same with Rochas antagonists.
I don't know why you are wasting your time with that novice op, only GRA phase 2 will beat Uyo to its game.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo:

Everyone including you know this truth. People travel from various places to Owerri every weekend. 90% events meant for the Eastern zone is held in Owerri year in year out. December we all bypass Uyo and struggle through the Itu/Calabar road neglected by Jonathan to visit Calabar for holidays even though Uyo is closer.

Finally beyond the over-advertized roads and one or 2 hotels, 90% of roads in Uyo are unmotorable and the houses are slums with rusty roofs.

U keep mentioned calabar itu road in all ur post about uyo which has been so since the 80's when ur buhari was d president.pls if u mention any other bad road uyo,then i will believe u have defeated me.just mention any other one and then i will give up.
Meanwhile,can u compare one aspect of owerri that makes it better than uyo?
Lets debate,i am waiting.

Meanwhile anambra has more visitors than owerri,be it tourism wise or investment wise.i've lived in both cities and i know

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by kel4soft: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
MichaelAustin:
Enugu with dat red soil? Yuck!
Uyo beats Enugu wit plenty gap

What has red soil which is a natural stuff got to do with that.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by iconize(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
kel4soft: Eleme junction interchange (flyover), Obiri Ikwerre interchange (flyover) and Mile flyover fine pass any one wey dey Uyo. Kpokwem.

Are flyovers the determinants of a city in Nigeria? embarassed
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
iconize:

that's what most "UYOITES" are using as yardstick. I have stayed in UYO for few months and its no where near owerri, calabar and enugu not to talk of PH.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

U keep mentioned calabar itu road in all ur post about uyo which has been so since the 80's when ur buhari was d president.pls if u mention any other bad road uyo,then i will believe u have defeated me.just mention any other one and then i will give up.

Meanwhile anambra has more visitors than owerri,be it tourism wise or investment wise.i've lived in both cities and i know

Look at the picture of Itam junction up there. The entire roads but the major roads are untarred and almost all the houses shanty. I don't want to help Akwa-Ibomites out with pictures showing the state of 90% of inner roads. You can help us with that.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by kel4soft: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
iconize:

Ask the OP.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by rozayx5(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Which area in owerri pls?
Where do u have 4lanes in owerri?
Which flyover do u have in owerri?
Is dan ayiam stadium better dan aba stadium not to talk about world class stadium in uyo?
Which hotel is more better rockview hotel around dat round about and can u compare rockview to common royalty or villa marina hotels in akwa ibom not to talk of le meridien?
Pls where in owerri do u have a world class cinema center such as the tropicana galeria in uyo or abi na ibari ogwa u wan take compensate urself?
Stop making mockery of urself.

My opinion sha grin

knockout punch grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

well as an Akwa Ibomite i wont call Uyo a city yet, we are still developing, and like someone said earlier we need business parks and the seaport to create jobs and wealth cool cool
I know Abagworo has already arrived with his inbred hate for anything akwa Ibom, i hope rochas has transformed Imo to "amelika" before he looks into our affairs undecided

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
The total number of tarred roads in uyo is countable.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by rozayx5(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
chinazaekperem2: The total number of tarred roads in uyo is countable.

Including streets or are you talking about highways undecided

if you include streets please start counting undecided
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
rozayx5:

Including streets or are you talking about highways undecided

if you include streets please start counting undecided
both streets and highway, for example, you can hardly see a tarred road off abak road, atiku road and babangida avenue.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by NnamdiN: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Aitee1:

Nigga it official u're a liar...tufia... undecided
mehn the guy can lie I swear. He hasn't been to uyo b4. 90% of roads in uyo not motorable shocked na canoe we dey use

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
rozayx5:

knockout punch grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

well as an Akwa Ibomite i wont call Uyo a city yet, we are still developing, and like someone said earlier we need business parks and the seaport to create jobs and wealth cool cool
I know Abagworo has already arrived with his inbred hate for anything akwa Ibom, i hope rochas has transformed Imo to "amelika" before he looks into our affairs undecided

Unfortunately the "amelika" is rather making mockery of your allies against the truth. I don't hate Akwa-Ibom please. Do not habour such misconception. What I do in all I do is to paint a true picture of reality. The reality is that Akpabio has done very little with the much he has been given and is the worst Governor in Nigeria when it comes to financial management. What we've been seeing for the past 8 years remains the same roads, hotels, airport completion and stadium. For a State receiving more than twice as much as Kano and more than the combined income of the entire Southeast States, I won't score Akpabio 30%.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
NnamdiN: mehn the guy can lie I swear. He hasn't been to uyo b4. 90% of roads in uyo not motorable shocked na canoe we dey use

Like I wrote earlier, I see it as a duty of Akwa-Ibomites to show us the state of the inner roads of Uyo and Oron area and not mine. Now look at this picture and also notice that only the major highway with flyover is tarred with round about and flowers. The entire area around it has red untarred roads with shanty houses.

4 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by maimalari: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Ette to uyo road is totally bad. And has cut off. Infact you will suffer alot to access the capital uyo from many parts of akwaibom state.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by sluvy4tune(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
I strongly believe the Op ignorance is running on etisalat easy blaze 4g network...

Even Akpabio will arrest him for insulting PH this much.

I no blame you, I blame this free MB mtn is sharing....

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=sluvy4tune]I strongly believe the Op ignorance is running on etisalat easy blaze 4g network...

Even Akpabio will arrest him for insulting PH this much.

I no blame you, I blame this free MB mtn is sharing....
Wat do u expect from PH folks who do not like skull? Insults!
Broke oil thieves

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by rozayx5(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
chinazaekperem2: both streets and highway, for example, you can hardly see a tarred road off abak road, atiku road and babangida avenue.

now i know you have been drunk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Melaye's Failed Recall: Angry Yahaya Bello To Sack Aides - The Guardian / FG To SERAP: We Have No Records Of How Recovered Abacha Loots Were Spent / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.