Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,393 members, 7,937,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City (20564 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Nigeria: 3rd On Africa Millionaire List / Photo: Gov, Abiola Ajimobi Replaces Transformer Removed By Teslim Folarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by slimfit1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
You show us one area and suddenly we are in heaven please.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by gabrielmorinho(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
MichaelAustin:
apart from Abuja which is d nations capital, Uyo has d best road network in Nigeria. I mean good road network an world class roads, no be hype Landlord travell an see.

Some of this calabar slaves who refer to themselves as akwa ibom are ridiculous.
Gone are those days when people count bridges and roads as the only indeces of a city.

Uyo is small with scanty settlements around. The prestige is not there, Uyo has no centre of attractions like PH and calabar; especially the calabar festival.
PH is a home for wealth, high class business activities. PH has the third best sky view in the country. Check out its sky scrappers.
UYO IS NOWHERE NEAR.

I think akwa ibom is just trying to gain recognition.
Building roads and bridges is BT enough. Not even the controversial stadium.
Eg, calabar has nothing to do with bridges and flyovers but has international recognition than uyo.

Geographically, uyo is "too small" compared to the garden City and the nations paradise.
Fishes should stop swimming with sharks.

U can't reasonably compare uyo with bonny island when it comes to beauty, power supply, cost of living etc.

UYO AND PH ARE INCOMPARABLE.
OP GET UR FACTS RIGHT.
MAKE GOOGLE UR FRIEND.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by BabaTony: 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
gabrielmorinho:

Some of this calabar slaves who refer to themselves as akwa ibom are ridiculous.
Gone are those days when people count bridges and roads as the only indeces of a city.

Uyo is small with scanty settlements around. The prestige is not there, Uyo has no centre of attractions like PH and calabar; especially the calabar festival.
PH is a home for wealth, high class business activities. PH has the third best sky view in the country. Check out its sky scrappers.
UYO IS NOWHERE NEAR.

Eg, calabar has nothing to do with bridges and flyovers but has international recognition than uyo.

Geographically, uyo is "too small" compared to the garden City and the nations paradise.

U can't reasonably compare uyo with bonny island when it comes to beauty, power supply, cost of living etc.

OP GET UR FACTS RIGHT.
MAKE GOOGLE UR FRIEND.

You must be a big fooool to write the rubbish you just wrote above. You must be on some very poorly made weed from diobu.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
rozayx5:

now i know you have been drunk
drunk? I no what am saying, I flexed uyo very well, I visited the clubs and the flexing zones @ wimpey and maitama. Uyo is still upcoming, uyo roads can be very countable, uyo lacks pulchritudinous buildings that makes a city.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by jairusben(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=MichaelAustin][/quote] ur totaly stewpid..my god hu told u we dislike school...see to b truthful with you niger delta raises a minimum of 70 percent allocation for nigeria ,so you can imagine if we withdraw...my brother ur country will over take sri lanka on poorest country on the list
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by oneeast: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Uyo is only next to Abuja..

Uyo here I come next month..
cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MichaelAustin(m): 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
gabrielmorinho:

UYO IS NOWHERE NEAR.

OP GET UR FACTS RIGHT.
MAKE GOOGLE UR FRIEND.
eleme tout callin akwa ibomites calabar slaves. Yeye fowl wey no fit lay beta egg.
Another broke ass oil thieve

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
rozayx5:

knockout punch grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

well as an Akwa Ibomite i wont call Uyo a city yet, we are still developing, and like someone said earlier we need business parks and the seaport to create jobs and wealth cool cool
I know Abagworo has already arrived with his inbred hate for anything akwa Ibom, i hope rochas has transformed Imo to "amelika" before he looks into our affairs undecided

Bro,if u checked on my first post on this topic,i didnt really agreed to the op cos i'm an akwa ibomite and akwa ibom is still a civil service state but u cant compare uyo to owerri cos uyo is by far ahead of owerri.uyo is mostly a civil service state with few companies(no blue chip company).
Owerri doesnt have any wide dual carriage way compared to even nwaniba road,their dual carriage ways are like slimmer than abak road from plaza,no big round about such as nnung udoe round about.i've stayed there for a year not quite long and i know owerri so much.my relations inter-marry there.
But aside abj,lagos,phc and maybe kaddy city and awka to some extent,no place in nigeria can be compared to uyo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
MichaelAustin:
eleme tout callin akwa ibomites calabar slaves. Yeye fowl wey no fit lay beta egg.
Another broke ass oil thieve

Mike,most of those guys arent from ss nor se,so ignore their stup1dity cos we are friends to all ss and se guys here and some sw guys.pm me and lets talk via bbm
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
chinazaekperem2: drunk? I no what am saying, I flexed uyo very well, I visited the clubs and the flexing zones @ wimpey and maitama. Uyo is still upcoming, uyo roads can be very countable, uyo lacks pulchritudinous buildings that makes a city.

Chinaza,ibu onye igbo or ndi ofe?
Pls reply fast.
I have much respect for my igbo brodas so i dont try to malign them,dont push me.go through my post u will noticr or ask chino n co they will tell u.
If u hate akwa ibom dat much,u can relocate.
Is uyo worst dan ur place?
Where do u want to compare uyo exception of d ones i mentioned on my earlier post?
Pls where re u from?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Chinaza,ibu onye igbo or ndi ofe?
Pls reply fast.
I have much respect for my igbo brodas so i dont try to malign them,dont push me.go through my post u will noticr or ask chino n co they will tell u.
If u hate akwa ibom dat much,u can relocate.
Is uyo worst dan ur place?
Where do u want to compare uyo exception of d ones i mentioned on my earlier post?
Pls where re u from?
I don't hate akwa-ibom, I'm stating what I saw in uyo, its really ridiculous comparing uyo with port harcourt. Awu'm ezigwote nwafo igbo for you info.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Bro,if u checked on my first post on this topic,i didnt really agreed to the op cos i'm an akwa ibomite and akwa ibom is still a civil service state but u cant compare uyo to owerri cos uyo is by far ahead of owerri.uyo is mostly a civil service state with few companies(no blue chip company).
Owerri doesnt have any wide dual carriage way compared to even nwaniba road,their dual carriage ways are like slimmer than abak road from plaza,no big round about such as nnung udoe round about.i've stayed there for a year not quite long and i know owerri so much.my relations inter-marry there.
But aside abj,lagos,phc and maybe kaddy city and awka to some extent,no place in nigeria can be compared to uyo

Guy forget the hype. Aba is way more developed than Uyo. 3 or 4 wide roads. Don't make a city. Roads + life + busy area + massive housing + attraction makes a big town while a city like Port-Harcourt goes beyond that. If Uyo was like this and Akpabio constructs roads with Stadium, it would have been qualified as a big town like Aba but alas its not.

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by coolscott(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Well, I will say when we in Rivers State have Amaechi, how won't other cities be catching up and trying to overtake us.

It is not only the =N=150 billion in the monorail project that hurts. but the thought process that led to that decision gives an insight into the kind of thought processes the mercy of which so much in the state has been left to over the past few years

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
coolscott: Well, I will say when we in Rivers State have Amaechi, how won't other cities be catching up and trying to overtake us.

It is not only the =N=150 billion in the monorail project that hurts. but the thought process that led to that decision gives an insight into the kind of thought processes the mercy of which so much in the state has been left to over the past few years

Rivers State remains the richest State in Nigeria inhabited by people with the highest purchasing power followed by Abia and Lagos. Comparing Uyo with Port-Harcourt is absurd. Obio/Akpo alone pass Uyo. Eleme alone pass Uyo. Port-Harcourt city alone pass Uyo. I don't even know the basis that led to the insult from OP.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo:

Guy forget the hype. Aba is way more developed than Uyo. 3 or 4 wide roads. Don't make a city. Roads + life + busy area + massive housing + attraction makes a big town while a city like Port-Harcourt goes beyond that. If Uyo was like this and Akpabio constructs roads with Stadium, it would have been qualified as a big town like Aba but alas its not.
yap, Aba is more like a city than uyo, only that aba has bad roads. Uyo is less populated, so it will really help in managing its infrastructures and the little a governor does there will be so glaring, unlike aba. Uyo is growing with a fast pace I must say anyway.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
chinazaekperem2: yap, Aba is more like a city than uyo, only that aba has bad roads. Uyo is less populated, so it will really help in managing its infrastructures and the little a governor does there will be so glaring, unlike aba. Uyo is growing with a fast pace I must say anyway.

Aba is more or less a large town. While Port-Harcourt is a city.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
chinazaekperem2: I don't hate akwa-ibom, I'm stating what I saw in uyo, its really ridiculous comparing uyo with port harcourt. Awu'm ezigwote nwafo igbo for you info.

Which state are u from?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo:

Read my post again.i never made mention of aba.abak road is different from aba.sha anya gi(if am correct).

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by nigerianvenom(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
coolscott: Well, I will say when we in Rivers State have Amaechi, how won't other cities be catching up and trying to overtake us.

Did he really spent 150b on that monorail?
I gueas abagworo can tell us more.i'm not aware it was dat expensive

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

I gueas abagworo can tell us more.i'm not aware it was dat expensive

Even with the monorail which I earlier opposed, Amaechi has done marvelously well. He managed his huge allocations much better than Akpabio.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Abagworo(m): 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
You can clearly see from this chart the allocation gap between Akwaibom and Rivers and tell me what all this money was used for. Why is there so much poverty and. Little to show? Akwaibom needs liberation from Akpabio.

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by pazienza(m): 12:10am On Sep 15, 2014
Uyo is a beautiful city, give it a decade,and see that only Abuja can compete with it.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:27am On Sep 15, 2014
Aitee1:

Nigga it official u're a liar...tufia... undecided

If na me talk am them go say I hate Imo.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:28am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Even with the monorail which I earlier opposed, Amaechi has done marvelously well. He managed his huge allocations much better than Akpabio.

Thats a fact.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:44am On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

I gueas abagworo can tell us more.i'm not aware it was dexp
exp
ensive

Guy,Uyo will probably surpass PH in the near future but as it stands now PH is ahead.
We,the Igbo has nothing but love for you guys but the truth has to prevail.

Aba,on the other hand has better buildings, more industries and businesses than Uyo but that can still change. Uyo is still a developing town but you guys need a sound administrator to take it where it rightly belong.
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by haryomikun(m): 1:41am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Obudu Cattle ranch is what I meant not Obudu Town. It may not be a city but its the only place in Nigeria that looks like what I want everywhere to be like in future.
Wow! This side is fine o! One day, I'll like †̥Φ be there shaa
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 15, 2014
am0s: where u put kano
Defaced by boko haramism
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:08am On Sep 15, 2014
Akwa ibom-Lagos thread ko; Uyo-Portharcourt thread ni. Why is this kind of muscle-flexing thread always popping-up on nairaland every now and then? Are we not tired of this kind of threads?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:19am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Comparing Uyo with Port-Harcourt is absurd. Obio/Akpo alone pass Uyo. Eleme alone pass Uyo. Port-Harcourt city alone pass Uyo. I don't even know the basis that led to the insult from OP.
Psychological emotions that spring from your jealousy over the rapid advancement of another man's city can lead you to commit suicide. WATCH IT!

1 Like

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:52am On Sep 15, 2014
gabrielmorinho:
OP GET UR FACTS RIGHT.
MAKE GOOGLE UR FRIEND.
I'm aware you've neva travelled out of d waterside enclave in ph town cos u live there as a fugitive evading police arrest. U use ur free data mb to do flimsy things on google.com to get flimsy info about the outside world. And as a waterside hoodlum, you perpetuate your nefarious criminal activities overthere giving d poor waterside inhabitants sleepless nights. The only advice i have for you is dat 'One day will be one day'. **Continue!** (in Mama P's voice)

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by chinazaekperem2: 6:45am On Sep 15, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Which state are u from?
does my state matter in a port harcourt/uyo comparison?
Re: Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City by jairusben(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Rivers State remains the richest State in Nigeria inhabited by people with the highest purchasing power followed by Abia and Lagos. Comparing Uyo with Port-Harcourt is absurd. Obio/Akpo alone pass Uyo. Eleme alone pass Uyo. Port-Harcourt city alone pass Uyo. I don't even know the basis that led to the insult from OP.
my brother abeg tell them ooh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 / Nenadi Usman Makes Part Refund. / Matawalle: No More Amnesty For Bandits In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.