Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,243 members, 7,907,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:49 AM

Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers (22975 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Court Orders Army To Suspend Execution On Convicted Soldiers / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by miredia(m): 6:52am On Sep 17, 2014
In the Army, mutiny is a grave offense. It is on the same scale as treason. With regards to saying the resulting action from the court marshal rule will dampen the morale of the soldiers, I strongly beg to differ, it will as a matter of fact ensure orderliness and instill a sense of professionalism. The Army isn't the boys scout sire, although faintly sympathetic but should I be heading the court I will equally hold on to that judgement without any lingering remorse.

3 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by plainmirror(m): 6:52am On Sep 17, 2014
Actions and reactions are equal and opposite. There must have been a cogent reason for the attempted mutiny by his junior officers. Hence, it will be wise to examine the scenario from two angles.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by spectramissile: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2014

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Mamaflex(f): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Let us pray...
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Innodon(m): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Better
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by henryobinna(m): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2014
why did they retire him now
are they hiding something?
only GOD knows

3 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by RebelLeader15(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2014
I was sad yesterday when I saw the 12 gallant Soldiers, they are real men who are very strong,well trained and fearless, even with their fate, they still remain strong and loyal but to crown it all, the law is superior.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 17, 2014
I am not sure that man was fired
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by rexzqcom(m): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2014
The names of the court Marshall jurists should be made public. Suspect they could be part of the saboteur boko haram within.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by jjlala: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2014
Every body deserve a second chance
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by gratiaeo(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2014
The higher command of the Nigerian Army is not addressing the issue at hand. The soldiers were complaining that the insurgents infiltrated their ranks, they are not well kitted and no ammunition to confront the insurgents. Have they taken it upon themselves to find out the veracity of these claims? Why was the GOC retired? Any complicity?. Only two days ago, we learnt some soldiers were going from Benin to the North for training; and Boko Haram members waylaid them between Okene and Lokoja wounding four soldiers. How did Boko Haram get to know that soldiers were detailed to go for training if there were no moles in their ranks?. The Army should rise up to the occasion and fish out the moles. Like the American diplomat told them “we have passed the time of pride”. On the other hand, whatever action we want to take in life we have to weigh the pros and cons. One has to count the cost. The cost these soldiers may have to pay for their actions is too grave. I will only pray Uncle Jonathan to have mercy on these soldiers as a father and also take time to find out the problems of his men on the battlefield. God will help him to take the right decision.

3 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Calebosko(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2014
Team#BRINGBACKOUR12SOLDIERS#

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by apolonius(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2014
Unjust injustice;the bane of progressive nation-building in Naija since forever.

Fire a corrupt GOC who has remotely caused many deaths among his troops;then authorize the murder of the angry.

Our silence is our pains!

4 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Though am not in support of mutiny but the judge who passed the order should temper mercy with justice.
and all these AWOA harassing people here and there should know grave consequences of der actions.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2014
see wetin too much morale and excess hunger dey cause. they're now on a begging level. anyways, they should be granted presidential pardon and then dishonourably discharged
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by MosD: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2014
They should simply be sentenced to be in the front line of entry BH hide out and facing them instead of wasting them
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by jude33084(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2014
henryobinna: why did they retire him now
are they hiding something?
only GOD knows

You have just asked a very vital question here you know?

A lot of the top military officers will be reticent to speak or act towards that part because the same bad "oil" has stained their hands.

Imagine all Nigerians are relying on bunch of corrupt and lazy top military officers to protect them in the time of war?

*shaking my head for them sad

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2014
RebelLeader15: I was sad yesterday when I saw the 12 gallant Soldiers, they are real men who are very strong,well trained and fearless, even with their fate, they still remain strong and loyal but to crown it all, the law is superior.
That is the military for you. They are never cowed even in the face of death

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by cirmuell(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2014
God bless these SAN, I hope GEJ makes the right decision...help him Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by asadike(f): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
Nigerians are speaking out wit one voice on dis. Wicked GOC, wants soldiers 2 fight boko haram on empty stomach,no weapons nd slashd allowances. How wicked can dat b?

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 17, 2014
My question is, dishing out these death sentences on these soldiers only on grounds of attempted murder & insubordination,what other manner of extreme punitive measures would the military had meted out if the soldiers actually commited the murder? God have mercy on this country where laws are quickly taken into the hands that be,against the voiceless & powerless.My prayer yesterday on hearing the pronouncements,was God! Please bring forth ur intervention,& thank Him,he has answered it by this new development.

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by henryobinna(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2014
jude33084:

You have just asked a very vital question here you know?

A lot of the top military officers will be reticent to speak or act towards that part because the same bad "oil" has stained their hands.

Imagine all Nigerians are relying on bunch of corrupt and lazy top military officers to protect them in the time of war?

*shaking my head for them sad
yea. true true true.
that's why the fight against BH is kinda strong.
cos judging by the effort of the NA in this fight, we can't fight a war n win

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by lastmessenger: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2014
Thank God they fired the idiot.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Feedmemore: They should be pardoned, this is not the time for unnecessary distraction.

Jisos christ! feedmemore you have to feed me more of your juicy pictures if that is really you on your profile pix. Na wa o I go commit pass mutiny for this your configuration , DAMN!!!
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by slimfit1(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2014
You think hausa man will kit you to go and kiil his own people they surely don't know hausa people well enough. It like me I would do the same thing the general did.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Fadelex(m): 8:16am On Sep 17, 2014
If these guys are executed there will be massive resignation in Nigeria Army. I stand to be corrected, the operation in Maiduguri is a suicide mission. The GOC cut down the 30k monthly allowance to 15k and the military authorities turned blind eyes. The GOC withdrawn air support while ground force is in place in d middle of operation and this led to death of over 100soldiers yet there wasn't any investigation. These guys use their personal money to buy uniforms, boots, camp beds, camp tents, dagger, torch light and so on. The only thing given to them is the outdated AK rifles with counted groundnuts. We all see how much govt is releasing every year yet there's nothing to show for it. For those blaming the guys, have u ever seen your colleagues killed like a chicken in an avoidable circumstances before? If no, then you have no right to judge them. I was there and know what I'm saying. The guys definitely didn't want to kill the GOC if not, his 21 gun salute would have been done by may 31st.

5 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by mastengsynergy: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2014
I have earlier said that Mr President as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces should intervene.
I suggest they should reverse the judgement to jail terms and summarily be dismissed from service.
If they are released, they will be very dangerous to the society. Those that have the gut to open fire to their boss and even a Mjr. General in the Army? They can forge ahead and team up with Boko Haram sects and divulge all Military formations and operations to the insurgents.
Security issues should be handled with care and even by the experts. Please forget grammar, these guys should be kept and punished but not to be executed.

3 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by mastengsynergy: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2014
I don't actually know the basis why the GOC was retired. But if the investigation reveals that he's guilty as charged, I think he should be dismissed without benefits.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by paooxide(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2014
I guess they are trying to instill discipline at the same time curb/ prevent any occurence of coup d'etat .
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by leonshom(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2014
Firefire: Read the rest story here:

http://www.punchng.com/news/military-fires-goc-attacked-by-convicted-soldiers/

No,thanks,have read enough here !
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by UnknownT: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2014
I still cant understand how 12 soldIers shot at 1 target( their GOC) and all of them missed the target? 12 trained soldiers, not only 1, and they couldn't hit the target!!!! They need to improve their "markmanship" so they won't miss their targets(BH members inclusive) again
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by henrysam(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2014
This is a case of animal farm. 'all animals are equal but dome are more equal than the others'. The military hierachy protected the senior army officer by dismissing him while the junior ones were court marshalled.
This is injustice of the highest order.
Until when this Maj Gen is prperly punished this type of mutiny will be a recurrent experience in the military.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo / Don’t Use Ekweremadu As A Sacrificial Lamb – Ohanaeze Warns Buhari / The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.