Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,245 members, 7,907,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:56 AM

Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers (22976 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Court Orders Army To Suspend Execution On Convicted Soldiers / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2014
These activists are only adding fuel to the fire by challenging the judgement of the military court. All over the world,the military court is diff frm the customary courts. The boys should have thought about the consequences of the action. I jus pray they reduce the purnishment. But they must be discipline

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by BashBB: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2014
Funny country, soldiers are now being killed by the same government that summarily denies them their benefits and rights and better weapons to combat Boko Haram, meanwhile in other news the armed forces have donated a NAF 466 fighter jet to aid them in their campaign.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by BlackTechnology: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2014
Fadelex: If these guys are executed there will be massive resignation in Nigeria Army. I stand to be corrected, the operation in Maiduguri is a suicide mission. The GOC cut down the 30k monthly allowance to 15k and the military authorities turned blind eyes. The GOC withdrawn air support while ground force is in place in d middle of operation and this led to death of over 100soldiers yet there wasn't any investigation. These guys use their personal money to buy uniforms, boots, camp beds, camp tents, dagger, torch light and so on. The only thing given to them is the outdated AK rifles with counted groundnuts. We all see how much govt is releasing every year yet there's nothing to show for it. For those blaming the guys, have u ever seen your colleagues killed like a chicken in an avoidable circumstances before? If no, then you have no right to judge them. I was there and know what I'm saying. The guys definitely didn't want to kill the GOC if not, his 21 gun salute would have been done by may 31st.

Friend do not worry they won't be killed

I want to believe that the reasons I stated on why they shouldn't be executed have being viewed by many including the military

That is why the military made public the retirement of the General something they do not do.

You can go through my topic and comments to verify what I am saying.

Thanks for also helping the Presidency confirm the danger ahead.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by JEITO: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Now I know why the symbol for justice is represented by a blind woman holding a scale....it is because the LAW IS NEVER FAIR. It doesn't see people equally undecided

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by akpanbaba: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2014
When genuine soldiers who are anti-boko haram are to be killed and those who are boko haram supporters in the military are retired,there is a serious problem .

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by akpanbaba: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2014
If these guys are killed it will be triumph for boko haram members who are in the military

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Afroconnect: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Good move,if he has no authority over his men he hs no business being a commanding officer.

Nigeria military command must be firm and decisive they should not listen to dumb manipulated NLC nd activist-their role is critical to the survival of the Nation they must act forcefully and remember that they themselves have no other place to call home.

They must enforce the military rules,laws and decrees within their command-even in the American military deserters are executed or jailed for life to serve as deterrent-dumb Nigerian activist don't know when to criticise and when to shut up.

Only a well disciplined force can churn out loyal strong soldiers capable and in the right mind to defend Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by chidamysy: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2014
The higher command of the Nigerian Army is not addressing the issue at hand. The soldiers were complaining that the insurgents infiltrated their ranks, they are not well kitted and no ammunition to confront the insurgents. Have they taken it upon themselves to find out the veracity of these claims? Why was the GOC retired? Any complicity?. Only two days ago, we learnt some soldiers were going from Benin to the North for training; and Boko Haram members waylaid them between Okene and Lokoja wounding four soldiers. How did Boko Haram get to know that soldiers were detailed to go for training if there were no moles in their ranks?. The Army should rise up to the occasion and fish out the moles. Like the American diplomat told them "we have passed the time of pride".
On the other hand, whatever action we want to take in life we have to weigh the pros and cons. One has to count the cost. The cost these soldiers may have to pay for their actions is too grave. I will only pray Uncle Jonathan to have mercy on these soldiers as a father and also take time to find out the problems of his men on the battlefield. God will help him to take the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Afroconnect: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Feedmemore: They should be pardoned, this is not the time for unnecessary distraction.
As in allowed to go 'scot free'?

Seems you don't know the respnsibility of the military,the laws should be followed,this is the only way to maintain a disciplined,obedient to authority fighting force.

Even in America what they did is a serious offence.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by aviazuva: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
The Baboon was guity as alledged by the Monkies.

However, I blame the Monkies for not executing full and adequate judgement on the Baboon.

Hence they stand judged and condemned for failing to execute proper marksmanship. Ask TYD.

Fellow Monkies of Sambisa, take heart, for the end is not yet.

To the army authorites- there is Godooo.
Only retirement for the Boko Baboon?

Oga Jonah, please stand up like a man and give one MILITARY order for which we shall remenber you
when you leave, even if it means stepping on some toes. The monkies are hungry for action and they crave for a C-in C

Oh aremu, oh aremu , oh aaaarrrreeeemmmmuuuuu!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by coolchimex: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dear Afroconnect, if only you were CONNECTED to the reality of the circumstances which led to their action in Maiduguri, you won't make the comments you made earlier. Just too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by 4C2215131: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Feedmemore: They should be pardoned, this is not the time for unnecessary distraction.

Being pardoned is out of the story. They knew the full implication of what they were doing. That said, the death sentence could be commuted to life imprisonment. Even then, I say, maybe something lighter than life imprisonment but a total pardon, that's a no-no, not a good precedent at all!

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
omenka: Aso rock orders, Oritsejafor transports, Ihejirika delivers, Sheriff distributes, Shekau coordinates their usage' and then Nigerians pay the price!!! #UseYourHeadsNigerians!!!
The allegation above makes northern elders grossly incompetent, and failures as regards protecting northern interests. Please don't tell me they are helpless...... culled from your signature.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Reference(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fadelex: If these guys are executed there will be massive resignation in Nigeria Army. I stand to be corrected, the operation in Maiduguri is a suicide mission. The GOC cut down the 30k monthly allowance to 15k and the military authorities turned blind eyes. The GOC withdrawn air support while ground force is in place in d middle of operation and this led to death of over 100soldiers yet there wasn't any investigation. These guys use their personal money to buy uniforms, boots, camp beds, camp tents, dagger, torch light and so on. The only thing given to them is the outdated AK rifles with counted groundnuts. We all see how much govt is releasing every year yet there's nothing to show for it. For those blaming the guys, have u ever seen your colleagues killed like a chicken in an avoidable circumstances before? If no, then you have no right to judge them. I was there and know what I'm saying. The guys definitely didn't want to kill the GOC if not, his 21 gun salute would have been done by may 31st.

Will you keep quiet there. What massive resignations. For what. Is this the first time soldiers have gone unkitted into campaign. 1967 civil war, 1989 Liberia, the opening phase of the Niger-Delta insurgency soldiers never had sufficient stores yet they fought bravely on. Military high command is aware of these shortcomings and is addressing them. It gives no right for any soldier to raise arms against authority. It is unacceptable. It is military law and they should face the consequences like the gallant soldiers they are. Civilians should stay out of this. They have no moral standing whatsoever to advise afterall the whole tragedy is their making.

Where were the SAN's when Charles Taylor was dragging the bodies of dead Nigerian soldiers through the streets of Monrovia before tying them to telephone poles. Abeg no make me vex. I've seen enough. War is bad. Mutiny makes it worse. The Nigerian Army must keep its shape and shed its weight.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by bamosagie(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
#dontkillourdirtydozen.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by obenze: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Trut: They should sentence that GOC as well
gud

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by obenze: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
talktimi: I remember when some months back, some people here on nairaland were hailing the actions of these young soldiers without thinking of the consequences they would have to face. Now it has turned to a begging level and everybody is quiet. Before taking any action, be prepared for the consequences.
My own is the GOC should be tried for treason at least .
y should we be happy wth dem when it was obvious dat de stupid g.o.c gambled wth dia lives.

1 Like

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Fadelex(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Reference:

Will you keep quiet there. What massive resignations. For what. Is this the first time soldiers have gone unkitted into campaign. 1967 civil war, 1989 Liberia, the opening phase of the Niger-Delta insurgency soldiers never had sufficient stores yet they fought bravely on. Military high command is aware of these shortcomings and is addressing them. It gives no right for any soldier to raise arms against authority. It is unacceptable. It is military law and they should face the consequences like the gallant soldiers they are. Civilians should stay out of this. They have no moral standing whatsoever to advise afterall the whole tragedy is their making.

Where were the SAN's when Charles Taylor was dragging the bodies of dead Nigerian soldiers through the streets of Monrovia before tying them to telephone poles. Abeg no make me vex. I've seen enough. War is bad. Mutiny makes it worse. The Nigerian Army must keep its shape and shed its weight.
I'm not interested in all these your gibberish , have u been in a battle font before ? If no, go to bed kid... Your opinion is not needed here

2 Likes

Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by electropiz(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
talktimi: I remember when some months back, some people here on nairaland were hailing the actions of these young soldiers without thinking of the consequences they would have to face. Now it has turned to a begging level and everybody is quiet. Before taking any action, be prepared for the consequences.
My own is the GOC should be tried for treason at least .
u knw d military, forces etc even NYSC dont protest, they took an oath of Service....,
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by talktimi(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
electropiz: u knw d military, forces etc even NYSC dont protest, they took an oath of Service....,
you don't have to tell me na, shebi we're seeing lawyers gallivanting up and down now. The highest anybody can do now is to plead for mercy but I doubt that will do much. All I know is that GOC must go in for a very hard fall, the soldiers are also human and questions should be asked about his incompetence and reasons why their colleagues died the way they did.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by infinitty(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
they should be killed to discourage military coup de t
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by danniktech: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
The sodiers have the right to fair hearing as these lawyers has emphasised,
let them apael the judgement. .......
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Fourwinds: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
CharlieMaria: None of my business.
ok. until u find someone close to ur heart in such mess
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Fourwinds: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
infinitty: they should be killed to discourage military coup de t
was it a coup they planned.? go and read the story again
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by CharlieMaria(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fourwinds:
ok. until u find someone close to ur heart in such mess
I Recant what I said.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by rexzqcom(m): 5:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Death to bh informant abubakar Mohammed.
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by ontopofthematta(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2014
this is not true, the veracity of the report should be discarded...
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by enomakos(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
The G.O.C shall be arrest for treason
Re: Military Fires GOC Attacked By Convicted Soldiers by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
I do not bother to read. The title of this story is annoying. I feel the former GOC deserve dead sentence too and not retirement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Use Ekweremadu As A Sacrificial Lamb – Ohanaeze Warns Buhari / The 62 Lagos Township And Their Founders / Photos : President Buhari Arrives UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.