Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,805 members, 7,945,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? (498 Views)

Courses That Might Turn Your Passion Into Compassion / Photos: A Nairalander Teacher Taking Selfie And The Student Want To Be Involved / UNILAG Students Involved In Car Accident Along Airport Road, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by aboyaji(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
just got a call yesterday from one secondary school with the help of my friend who happens to be a teacher too in the school. I didn't later go for the interview because, i asked that my friend the amount they pay teachers there. The price wasn't attractive.

Later in the evening, another teacher from the same school came to me and asked why i didnt show up as expected, i told her i had no chance(lies, though). I promised her i will come today that they should expect me.

I asked the teacher how attractive the salary is which she didn't open up to me but said ' TEACHING IS A THING OF PASSION, BUT NOT A THING OF MONEY'.
I grinned and left.

As it is today, i haven't gone to the school. The pay i make personally is far better than what they offered.

Nairalanders! ... Choose one

Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
i dont care abt what motivates a teacher.
As long as he/she teaches well to the best of his ability then am ok
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
There are no jobs outside and people need to survive they don't have a choice than to do it.
There are still people that are passionate about it.
If I'll teach it will be because I love it but it doesn't mean I'll go hungry. If its not paying I'll have to stop it
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by aboyaji(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
kreezzy: There are no jobs outside and people need to survive they don't have a choice than to do it.
There are still people that are passionate about it.
If I'll teach it will be because I love it but it doesn't mean I'll go hungry. If its not paying I'll have to stop it
Now, i have someone who reasons the way i do
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by aboyaji(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
you cant believe this too. Its covering from jss1 through ss3 that they are saying something not close to 11,000 naira.
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
aboyaji: you cant believe this too. Its covering from jss1 through ss3 that they are saying something not close to 11,000 naira.
JSS1-SSS3.......I think its not worth it.
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by aboyaji(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
kreezzy:
JSS1-SSS3.......I think its not worth it.
i thought as much
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by KillerBeauty(f): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Teaching should be a thing of passion. When one is passionate about something that person can go extra length to be productive and add value in the lives of the young ones. But this is mostly not the case in Nigeria. People just go into teaching as a temporary job in other to survive and this is one of the reasons our kids are not doing well academically. Teaching is a profession and teacher should be in that profession for the long run. But the possibility of this been the case is a long shot. Because, as long as the government still desire to make all corpers temporary teachers, teaching will never be taken as a professional job
Re: Do Teachers Teach For Passion Or For The Money Involved? by aboyaji(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
KillerBeauty: Teaching should be a thing of passion. When one is passionate about something that person can go extra length to be productive and add value in the lives of the young ones. But this is mostly not the case in Nigeria. People just go into teaching as a temporary job in other to survive and this is one of the reasons our kids are not doing well academically. Teaching is a profession and teacher should be in that profession for the long run. But the possibility of this been the case is a long shot. Because, as long as the government still desire to make all corpers temporary teachers, teaching will never be taken as a professional job
whats your occupation, pls?

(1) (Reply)

Time To Fight For Our Rights!!!!!!! / Contact Mr. Chuks, 08162558764 For Admission Assistant / Beauty Vs Brains: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.