Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? (45698 Views)

4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? / Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Isk(f): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Numbers 4 and 5
I have dated guys 10 yrs older than me. Sometimes I think I prefer them to those with shorter age difference. Most of my friends think it's weird (but i don't).

I have dated guys with different religious orientation from me. I'm still conflicted on this cos I believe it shouldn't matter so much the person's beliefs as long as the person is accommodating and respectful of yours, but i also know that a problem may arise when it comes to raising children - especially if the both of us feel very strongly about our faith.
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Epathra(f): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
cool
FeverRay: oh,u eventually dated Abdulrasheed nd u ddnt tell me. God aff catch u. It wasn't an exile, I was on sabbatical
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Isk: Numbers 4 and 5
I have dated guys 10 yrs older than me. Sometimes I think I prefer them to those with shorter age difference. Most of my friends think it's weird (but i don't).

I have dated guys with different religious orientation from me. I'm still conflicted on this cos I believe it shouldn't matter so much the person's beliefs as long as the person is accommodating and respectful of yours, but i also know that a problem may arise when it comes to raising children - especially if the both of us feel very strongly about our faith.
Just imagine swallowing 400 naira bread with your small mouth
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Isk(f): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
slimmy05: Just imagine swallowing 400 naira bread with your small mouth
lol huhn?
What does that even mean?
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
tongue
Isk: lol huhn?
What does that even mean?
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by tonjeola(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
chipatra: I get 3rd leg, wetin b dey 1 tin wey dey involve?
Go for deliverance
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by zyzxx(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
chipatra: no joke 4 dis one O
den am short of words.

Av u settle down wit one person nw??
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
ifoundmyperfect: If dating Siblings, Uncles, Aunties, Cousins, Distant Relatives isn't Taboo, where then do you classify them?? Abi you think say e no dey happen??

The only taboo I see there is dating a married amigo or amiga... The rest don't follow... Except we have different view of the word "Taboo"

Yea I agree with you.

This is an interesting thread but "taboo" is too strong a word here.

I have dated a colleague. We don't exactly work in the same unit but we work in the same company. He is several steps my oga.
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by chipatra: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
tonjeola:
Go for deliverance
after u joor!
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by chipatra: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
zyzxx: den am short of words.

Av u settle down wit one person nw??
yes O grin
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by zyzxx(m): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
chipatra: yes O grin
am apy for u ma'am. enjoy
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by chemystery: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
zinny01: so what is wrong in date a married man infact am currently dating a married nd he is so sweet
chai! I go flee nairaland for una...
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by ifoundmyperfect: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yea I agree with you.

This is an interesting thread but "taboo" is too strong a word here.

I have dated a colleague. We don't exactly work in the same unit but we work in the same company. He is several steps my oga.

That's very common. And certainly not a taboo from my own view. Just that its against many company policy & etiquette... Most of them end up as flings...
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Samsonklin(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
chipatra: I fit give u enough lectures on HIV/AIDS. U wey dey comment, u sabi ur HIV status?
Yes I do. Now back to u. Do u know ur HIV status miss?
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by tonjeola(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
chipatra: after u joor!
grin grin
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by afeezbuk: 1:37am On Sep 22, 2014
Most of my dating has been from other religion. And there was no serious issue(s) throughout our dates except that their parents did not support it... cry
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by leonshom(m): 8:29am On Sep 22, 2014
omicron: I was expecting to see things like DATING ONE'S BROTHER, COUSIN OR A LIL KID!

None of what OP posted is a taboo in any sense.

There is a difference btw Incest taboo and taboo. Though d OP might not be right by using d word taboo,but urs was just incest taboo !
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by chipatra: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2014
Samsonklin:
Yes I do. Now back to u. Do u know ur HIV status miss?
yes I do, end of mata
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by omicron(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2014
leonshom:

There is a difference btw Incest taboo and taboo. Though d OP might not be right by using d word taboo,but urs was just incest taboo !
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by ibrhyme77(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Dating a married woman is definitely out of it but i don't see anything wrong with dating a married man.
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Macuberry(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2014
4, 5 & 9
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Mujinho4b(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2014
4 5 8 9.. grin
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Samsonklin(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
chipatra: yes I do, end of mata

Ok
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by cutiesoglam(f): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
rozzay:
I been think say na only me
angry grin
Awon eleyi badt gan.
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by SenatorJames(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
missberrypop5: i had a date with someone who's not the same religion with me, and i don't see it as a taboo.
what of when it comes to life long relationship (marriage), that will have its up and down already, joined with religion differences?

It may work out fine for dating, but when it comes to marriage, it is very hard.
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Project400: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Charles4075: I'll be back later to comment
omg cheesy cheesy
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by Chinoble(f): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2014
freshness2020:
I will... but the problem is that u'r not anywhere by!
Or there could be other means! Lol!
how sure r u dat i'm not close by?
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by freshness2020: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2014
Chinoble:
how sure r u dat i'm not close by?
Like on a scale of 30/100...
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by kennynelcon(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
deb6: None
awww nice girl
Re: Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? by kennynelcon(m): 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
deb6: None

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Deleted / I'm In Love With A Married Woman Whose Husband Is In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.