Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,711 members, 7,969,078 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (35373 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: that's not subservient. That I can do with ease, I get along with most people smiley
Those are what women call it now. Who is talking about, not having a say on decisions, cooking only and having 6 kids? I wash my clothes and cook for myself or eat out.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by rossyc(f): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Babe u are so on point. Please tell them, marriage isn't a competition. Ladies should take time to study their spouse to be, fall in love and pray fervently before saying i do. What will it profit u to rush into marriage and rush out. Itz better to be single and happy than be married and miserable. If u must get married choose wisely and don't forget to place God first.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
01emek: Omhen short guys don they bash the OP o... But never to worry, i have tips on how to become tall trust me its works.. At least at all, at all na winch..

... 1. Eat bean alot, that don't stop you from eating other food. honestly it works like magic..( talking from experience. My best föod actually)

2. Stay away from food that makes you fat. ( the fatter you are, the shortter you become! grin)

3. Constant execises to keep you fit ( the fitter you are, the taller you becomes! Not joking)

4. Go out more with tall guys ( am not saying you should isolate the short guy oo). As rediculous as it sound, its works some magic..

5. Stay away from alcoho..

chei, make i go hide o, my short babe they come grin grin
u no well cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'm familiar with the OP Safarigirl, she has a runny mouth like a tap, as well as a knack for talking nonsense.

Telling Nigerian women not to settle for less is akin to telling a beggar not to settle for less looolz.

Nigerian women are already less, they occupy the bottom of the barrel therefore asking them to set impossibly high standards for themselves is asking them to condemn themselves to a life of singlehood and lonliness.

Don't be delusional, Nigerian women score low in everything, their attitude sucks, physically they're less appealing with disgusting fake weaves, they've got nothing upstairs except different techniques on how leech off a man.

I consider Nigerian women a liability rather than an asset, & so do many guys. Therefore my advise to Nigerian women; if you're lucky to have any man come for you, just on him quicker than you could blink because you will not get anything better.

I don't see myself spending more than a day trying to woo a Nigerian chic, in fact after the first 5 mins, I determine if she's worth anymore of my time.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
chibwike: Is anyone frustrating you..talk to me.
lol... No one is frustrating me, I just like to be realistic. Funny enough I always tell people that I won't get married cuz I don't think anyone will want to marry me. So whenever these NL eediots mock me, I just laugh cuz I don't expect any less.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Contumely: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
mimien: Babe u are so on point. Please tell them, marriage isn't a competition. Ladies should take time to study their spouse to be, fall in love and pray fervently before saying i do. What will it profit u to rush into marriage and rush out. Itz better to be single and happy than be married and miserable. If u must get married choose wisely and don't forget to place God first.
mimien: Babe u are so on point. Please tell them, marriage isn't a competition. Ladies should take time to study their spouse to be, fall in love and pray fervently before saying i do. What will it profit u to rush into marriage and rush out. Itz better to be single and happy than be married and miserable. If u must get married choose wisely and don't forget to place God first.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 01emek(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: u no well cheesy
i know they joke oo , my babe short and very very aggressive.. When ever she saw me with a tall girl, she would start acting funny grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
There is something i havent been able to understand about the some guys on NL you act like an assss by being being rude and insulting women but you expect the ladies here to maintain composure and still treat you with respect?
Im sorry if u act like an assss you will deserve to be treated like one and if u act like a respectable person you will be treated accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
Those are what women call it now. Who is talking about, not having a say on decisions, cooking only and having 6 kids? I wash my clothes and cook for myself or eat out.
like I said, it depends on the woman. I live in a family where the rule is 50-50. My dad washes his things himself, both parents provide for the kids. I guess that's why my views vary from what's ideal here sometimes

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: it may, it may not. I've encountered too many disappointments to give a shiiit anymore.

I'm not looking for a man, I have my thoughts of an ideal man, and if I don't find him...well. But I won't look for anything, you only find something when you stop looking
lol no wonder ur hearth has battered fuccked both back and front as a result of looking for tall guys lol sorry ur suffering just continue lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
01emek: i know they joke oo , my babe short and very very aggressive.. When ever she saw me with a tall girl, she would start acting funny grin
biko what will you be doing with those tall ladies, tell me
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
bayulll01:
lol no wonder ur hearth has battered fuccked both back and front as a result of looking for tall guys lol sorry ur suffering just continue lol
once again, you don't know me. Sm these are just baseless assumptions. I'm sure it kills you to know that there are women who don't give a shiit about you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Contumely: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
01emek: i know they joke oo , my babe short and very very aggressive.. When ever she[i] saw me with a tall girl,[/i] she would start acting funny grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
You never disappoint.
Die-hard woman hater.

I hope none of your female relatives is a Nigerian woman. Or has a Nigerian origin.

Okonkwo feeling funky undecided
50calibre: I'm familiar with the OP Safarigirl, she has a runny mouth like a tap, as well as a knack for talking nonsense.

Telling Nigerian women not to settle for less is akin to telling a beggar not to settle for less looolz.

Nigerian women are already less, they occupy the bottom of the barrel therefore asking them to set impossibly high standards for themselves is asking them to condemn themselves to a life of singlehood and lonliness.

Don't be delusional, Nigerian women score low in everything, their attitude sucks, physically they're less appealing with disgusting fake weaves, they've got nothing upstairs except different techniques on how leech off a man.

I consider Nigerian women a liability rather than an asset, & so do many guys. Therefore my advise to Nigerian women; if you're lucky to have any man come for you, just on him quicker than you could blink because you will not get anything better.

I don't see myself spending more than a day trying to woo a Nigerian chic, in fact after the first 5 mins, I determine if she's worth anymore of my time.

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Ekowise(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by AriDsexy(f): 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:

A virgin means, her hymen is still intact. She is still a girl with the usual girl brain.

Now having dated a virgin once upon a time, she asked for recharge card one day after we met. I took it for a mistake. I sent it the exact denomination she demanded.

Dear, the demand continued throughout our 6 month relationship. It came to a point of comparing my financial status with hers. "Imagine how rich you are and I am suffering". Meanwhile I know this is blackmail but I am no fool, I will still enter my car and go and drop money with her. Money was my least problem then.

This lady was always visiting my house like 3 times a week that I got tired of her frequent visits. Mind you, the last thing on my mind was to sleep with her, and since she always felt very free with me, I would have succeeded.

After 6months, I mentioned marriage, she started her games, " send me money so I can come and see you ". You dey hear this one ?

I stopped calling her. 2 weeks later, she employed the services of her parents whom I have never met to beg me to come back to her. Her mother invited me first then her father, I bluntly refused.

Now tell me, was that lady actually looking for a husband
Naaaaa,she sure wasn't!!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre: I'm familiar with the OP Safarigirl, she has a runny mouth like a tap, as well as a knack for talking nonsense.

LOL.u never disappoint me with these your funny replies..........it seems you have had a first class experience with some Nigerian girls.LOL
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: There is something i havent been able to understand about the some guys on NL you act like an assss by being being rude and insulting women but you expect the ladies here to maintain composure and still treat you with respect?
Im sorry if u act like an assss you will deserve to be treated like one and if u act like a respectable person you will be treated accordingly.
who is this safari wanabe u seff dey talk
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by AriDsexy(f): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: There is something i havent been able to understand about the some guys on NL you act like an assss by being being rude and insulting women but you expect the ladies here to maintain composure and still treat you with respect?
Well said.You're served what you deserve.
PS:I'm not in support of OP,just stating my mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: You never disappoint.
Die-hard woman hater.

I hope none of your female relatives is a Nigerian woman. Or has a Nigerian origin.

He said the truth even if he has. Most men don't talk, just to keep their laying rights.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
What about if the tall guys don't want her? Is height the only attribute she wants? U have ur list...the other person has his. Do u know if u can meet up with his? Mak una begin dey pay una papa rent for overstaying. I love western world on this!
shocked grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: once again, you don't know me. Sm these are just baseless assumptions. I'm sure it kills you to know that there are women who don't give a shiit about you cheesy
haaa safari lol the funny thing is you think everybody is living the pathetic life u are living,no need talking to a kid
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Superstar007(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Op. What you put up there is pure bullshít. . just useless rantings. I saw read the other thread you said you are countering yesterday and the lady never said women should settle for less. I guess you have problems comprehending "essays". So, I'll forgive you for putting up this nonsense.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: u no well cheesy
I am over 6'2 but what the op said is Non-sense.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 01emek(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: biko what will you be doing with those tall ladies, tell me
hahahaha how do you mean(my height you mean)?? Tall girls are cute mhen! You need to see those long legs tongue .. Trust me tall girls are fun to be with.. They don't get jealous when i talk to short girls grin grin tongue cry
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: like I said, it depends on the woman. I live in a family where the rule is 50-50. My dad washes his things himself, both parents provide for the kids. I guess that's why my views vary from what's ideal here sometimes
Let everybody contribute joor...life is too short. In short, my wife can keep her maiden name, give birth to one kid and live in a separate room if she wants. I just wanna enjoy myself, help others and enjoy having her.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Amhappy(f): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
In life you cant have it all. There should always be a compromise. It's almost impossible to see a man or a woman with 100% of the attributes you seek in a partner. 70% is A,60 a B and a great score. Ladies should just ensure that the point of compromise is something they can cope with chikena. Without a level of compromise no two people can live together.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
He said the truth about what? His and your female family members?

And Nigerian guys are what?
Perfect?
Pls don't quote me with such low IQ response next time.
Thank you

PS I wasn't talking to you.
ferdimako:
He said the truth even if he has. Most men don't talk, just to keep their laying rights.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chibwike(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: lol... No one is frustrating me, I just like to be realistic. Funny enough I always tell people that I won't get married cuz I don't think anyone will want to marry me. So whenever these NL eediots mock me, I just laugh cuz I don't expect any less.
why wont anyone want to marry you.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: You never disappoint.
Die-hard woman hater.

I'm not a woman hater, I'm straight, I love women.

I'm just saying how I see it, Nigerian women are like a low quality product that comes with too many faults. Now I'm not saying all of them, but most of them (at least 80%) hence my generalisation. There are quality Nigerian women but they're in the minority, and that's where my female relatives come in. (Note not all my female relatives are worth something, some are pretty useless just like the majority of Nigerian women)

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: He said the truth about what? His and your female family members?

And Nigerian guys are what?
Perfect?
Pls don't quote me with such low IQ response next time.
Thank you

PS I wasn't talking to you.
My sisters being dumb, doesn't mean the truth isn't there or won't be said. That ur line is silly. Na so families dey package shiiit give man say na lovely woman. U can't contribute anything other than being a woman!

Nigerian men are not perfect...Americans aren't. Folks marry for personality, alloyed kids, to migrate to a better place and have the spouse's attributes like wealth and citizenship rub off on them
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
chibwike: why wont anyone want to marry you.
I don't think I'm 'marriageable'

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Win Your Heart ? / I Am Falling In Love With My Course Mate Really Don't Know What To Do About It / Things Every Girl Should Know About Her Fiance Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.