Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:38 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (983400 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by tomzman: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

None in Nigeria.

You can buy Eurobond from United capital with $1000. This is about the lowest
Please throw more light on this United capital eurobond. Do I have to convert my funds to dollars before investing with them?
Re: Mutual Funds by yungryce: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmasoft:

Open MMF or VGIF and do your monthly investment. When rates gets better and you have accumulated much you can diversify some to Tbills. Check my signature to open account

Can I get the difference in the two on which does better numbers after a one year cycle.

Also, there is no link on your signature for MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2019
tomzman:

Please throw more light on this United capital eurobond. Do I have to convert my funds to dollars before investing with them?

Yes, they can also help you with the conversion.

I will find out their year till date return.

The over 9% year till date return by FBN Asset Management Eurobond fund is quite impressive for a dollar denominated investment

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by deleson: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Thank you.

Let me speak with them.

emmanuelewumi:

None in Nigeria.

Re: Mutual Funds by yungryce: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
GonFreecss1:

I actually still maintain this position.

I did the average of money market fund rates over the years till date, and Stanbic MMF was the clear winner. This is because they had over 17% in annual Money market rates 2 years in a row (2016 and 2017). Followed closely by FBN quest. United Capital too is quite cool. Their redemption is also fast too.

Also there was once an argument about Stanbic MMF vs GIF, the verdict was GIF right?, we were all wrong! Stanbic MMF has beaten GIF over time, even FBN MMF beat Stanbic GIF over time. Though if you begin to calculate from 2016, it will seem GIF is better, all you have to do is look at years back, there were some years GIF had rates as low as 4%! So those doing GIF should know this and be careful.

Also, there was a year United Capital Bond fund did 28% (2017).

I have used and researched many Mutual funds and MMF, Stanbic, FBN quest and United Capital though have their cons are one of the best out there.

United Capital is so good, you can monitor all your investments in one account, from money market, to euro bond fund, even the stock market (equity), you can even create a will too.

FBN quest has technological issues but their charges are one of the lowest out there.

Stanbic is well Stanbic. A class on their own, best MMF so far hands down, in terms of average annual rate. I will still do my research and all and update you all, but this is it for now.

But best MMF annual rate over time is Stanbic, followed closely by FBN quest, this year will determine if FBN will unseat Stanbic though (I think they actually might as rates seen so far this year).

Can I shoot you a mail?
Re: Mutual Funds by Fxmanager(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Alexgeneration:
So the forex regulations from other countries is some kind of Geneva conventions or pronouncements from ICJ in the Hague?

And such regulations will protect the capital of investors in your FX business?

We shouldn't mislead the public all in the bid to grow our business.
If a broker is regulated and licensed by the government of their jurisdiction and clients/investors funds are segregated (kept separate) from the brokers day to day funds use in running the forex brokerage company as demanded by the regulatory bodies, investors capital are protected. The only risk now lies in the person trading the funds, whether you or a forex fund manager, and it is also left for you to find out if the supposed forex fund manager is competent enough to manage your funds, by requesting his/her third party audited and verified trading performance track record from any of this websites like, fxblue.com, myfxbook.com and fxstat.com. You also have to verify if the trading performance track record is directly taken from the government licensed and regulated broker's server and also verify if it is the trader/fund manager that is actually managing the account or not. Note that we mean a government licensed and regulated brokers server, because it is possible for the trading performance track record to be doctored at the server end of the brokerage company, and this can only happened in an unregulated brokerage company, where there is no government oversight, periodic monitoring and auditing by the government regulatory bodies.

We are not in anyway misleading the public. We will like you to be specific in mentioning where we misled the public.
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
I will like to know more about this. Kindly help with a link or additional information.

Thanks.

emmanuelewumi:

None in Nigeria.

Re: Mutual Funds by yungryce: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
Can anyone help out. I tried opening a Stanbic MMF through their banking app and maximum amount is 20k. Can't I go above this?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Eurobond also have waiting periods of 180 days.

The Eurobond funds of FBN Asset Management, Stanbic IBTC, United Capital and others are all mutual funds.

You need between $1000 and $10,000 to invest in them

I feel you are mixing it up, eurobonds and eurobonds funds or dollar fund are not the same thing

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
ernie4life:

I feel you are mixing it up, eurobonds and eurobonds funds or dollar fund are not the same thing

Eurobond funds are mutual funds which invest in FG Sovereign Eurobonds and Nigerian businesses Corporate Bonds.
Most Eurobond funds give returns of between 5% and 9%.

What are the dollar funds invested in? What is the average returns of the dollar fund?

You need a minimum of $10,000 to invest in the dollar fund of FSDH Asset Management

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
It is High Networth Investors or Institutional investors that can invest directly in Sovereign Eurobonds or Corporate Eurobonds because of the minimum investment required which varies from $50,000 to $100,000.

That is why most retail investors invest in Eurobond funds where they have minimum investment of $1000 and $10,000.

What is the minimum investment for a dollar fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by healthserve(m): 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
Fxmanager:
If a broker is regulated and licensed by the government of their jurisdiction and clients/investors funds are segregated (kept separate) from the brokers day to day funds use in running the forex brokerage company as demanded by the regulatory bodies, investors capital are protected. The only risk now lies in the person trading the funds, whether you or a forex fund manager, and it is also left for you to find out if the supposed forex fund manager is competent enough to manage your funds, by requesting his/her third party audited and verified trading performance track record from any of this websites like, fxblue.com, myfxbook.com and fxstat.com. You also have to verify if the trading performance track record is directly taken from the government licensed and regulated broker's server and also verify if it is the trader/fund manager that is actually managing the account or not. Note that we mean a government licensed and regulated brokers server, because it is possible for the trading performance track record to be doctored at the server end of the brokerage company, and this can only happened in an unregulated brokerage company, where there is no government oversight, periodic monitoring and auditing by the government regulatory bodies.

We are not in anyway misleading the public. We will like you to be specific in mentioning where we misled the public.

Apt

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:
It is High Networth Investors or Institutional investors that can invest directly in Sovereign Eurobonds or Corporate Eurobonds because of the minimum investment required which varies from $50,000 to $100,000.

That is why most retail investors invest in Eurobond funds where they have minimum investment of $1000 and $10,000.

What is the minimum investment for a dollar fund?

Eurobond funds and dollar funds are the same thing
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
yungryce:

Can I get the difference in the two on which does better numbers after a one year cycle.

Also, there is no link on your signature for MMF
Check well d link is there and my WhatsApp number or pm me.
Re: Mutual Funds by Fxmanager(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
coolangel54:
ANY OTHER LEGIT INVESTMENT PLATFORM ASIDE MMMF, MBA FOREX AND TBILLS?
What makes MBA forex a legitimate investment platform as you claim?

Is MBA forex a government licensed and regulated investment platform?

How can you prove that MBA forex is actually into forex trading?

If at all MBA forex is actually into forex, can you prove that MBA forex is working with a government licensed and regulated forex brokerage company?

Can you invest in a company that refused to allow its financial/trading transaction/books to be externally audited?

When did continuous payouts to investors became a verified and audited forex trading performance track record that you should asked for, proving that the investment company is actually trading/managing investors funds?

Can MBA forex provide their audited and verified trading performance track record from fxblue.com and most importantly myfxbook.com?

If at all MBA forex should provide a trading performance track record from myfxbook.com, will they provide the trading performance track record with the name MBA forex in the website link, and the track record and the trading privilege verified to prove that it is the trading performance track record from their trading account and that trading performance track record span the length of time they have claimed to be in existence, making payouts?

If at all, that is if at all MBA forex is into forex trading and has genuine intention to work for the interest of the investors most importantly, regarding the security of their investments, why are they using such loose investment structure which place deposits/withdrawal of investors funds directly in their control when current secured forex investment structures like PAMM, LAMM and MAM that place deposits/withdrawals to investment account with a government licensed and regulated brokerage company in the investors control and in the investors name are there to be use?

Don't you think that until MBA forex provide all the answers to the above questions, that MBA forex might be running a ponzi scheme while fronting forex trading as their line of business/investment, and that investors in MBA forex are not only gullible but are also only investing from the position of greed and not for the security of their capital/investments? Visit the link below to learn more on how to detect a ponzi scheme from afar.

https://www.nairaland.com/5486596/ponzi-scam-fraud-schemes-fronting

Somebody might mention us now to accuse us of trying to run down another company in other to promote our own. That is not the truth. We have every right to protect the name of this forex profession. If you do the right thing we will not call you out. Go through this forum, you will hear people saying that forex is an advanced scam. It is when you don't know what to look out for, when looking to invest in a forex investment company, that is the problem. The problem is that even when we are taking the position of an experienced forex investor, of which we are, to advised the gullible investors in this forum, who have allowed greed to make their investment decision for them, we will still be abused, insulted and call names, and when it has been proven that we were right all this while, the same people that abused, insulted and call you names are no where to be found.

We want to repeat that until MBA forex provide all the needed answers to the above questions, your investments with them is at a very high risk.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2019
coolangel54:
ANY OTHER LEGIT INVESTMENT PLATFORM ASIDE MMMF, MBA FOREX AND TBILLS?

Is MBA forex legit ni? They are not regulated by sec or cbn na.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Is MBA forex legit ni? They are not regulated by sec or cbn na.

Leave the guy alone.
Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
What's the requirements for opening a dollar fund account with stanbic asset management? Does it mean I must have a domiciary account with stanbic or any other bank domiciary account?
Re: Mutual Funds by Phiewall(f): 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
I want to try out one or two of these: FBN fixed income fund, Stanbic MMF and FBN MMF. Which is/are advisable to invest in. Your input would go a really longgg way...
Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Phiewall:
I want to try out one or two of these: FBN fixed income fund, Stanbic MMF and FBN MMF. Which is/are advisable to invest in. Your input would go a really longgg way...

Try stanbic MMF. I can assist you with that.

Reach to me on 08052635177.
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2019
I did not even see your signature. Next time, it will be used. Thanks bro
emmasoft:

I have to be a bit sentimental here grin did you use the link in my signature to open the account? Because that is the only way I can benefit o. Well if not next time use it and help your brother.
That is by the way, what ernie4life is say is this. VGIF has a guaranteed income base on the sdf while there is always additional income. The SDF - standard deposit facility is the rate CBN gives to Banks when they deposit funds with them. It used to be 9% but during one of the CBN meetings within the year it was reduce to 8.5%. So VGIF guaranteed rates is bench marked with sdf. But from experience there is always additional income. You can check my signature for any ... if need be.
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy MY BELLE O
Alexgeneration:
So the forex regulations from other countries is some kind of Geneva conventions or pronouncements from ICJ in the Hague?

And such regulations will protect the capital of investors in your FX business?

We shouldn't mislead the public all in the bid to grow our business.
Re: Mutual Funds by akinola98: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Eurobond also have waiting periods of 180 days.

The Eurobond funds of FBN Asset Management, Stanbic IBTC, United Capital and others are all mutual funds.

You need between $1000 and $10,000 to invest in them

Is Eurobond a one off payment ?? Or can be topped up intermittently like MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by ahiboilandgas: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2019
Nice thread

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2019
akinola98:

Is Eurobond a one off payment ?? Or can be topped up intermittently like MMF

You can top it up with $1000, $2500 or $10,000 depending on the fund manager
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2019
AXA is currently sitting at 9.28%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
No matter how low rates are presently, it's not enough reason to abandon your investment goals. Don't finish all the 13th month and yuletide windfall shocked , check my signature for details.
Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2019
Dear All,

I try to top up my Stanbic MMF yesterday morning and till now am yet to see the reflection in my account... please how many hours does it takes for the money to reflect and beside what channel can I use to log in my complain.. please note a mail has been sent to acknowledge the transaction yet nothing is reflecting... any help will be appreciated thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 6:26am On Dec 24, 2019
abraolas1:
Dear All,

I try to top up my Stanbic MMF yesterday morning and till now am yet to see the reflection in my account... please how many hours does it takes for the money to reflect and beside what channel can I use to log in my complain.. please note a mail has been sent to acknowledge the transaction yet nothing is reflecting... any help will be appreciated thanks

It depends on the channel used, the time it was and if it was done correctly. If you did it by mobile or internet transfer before 12 pm, it should reflect that yesterday except they is an oversight from them. However, if it is done from within the bank it will take longer. Also in your transfer narration/comment/reason you are to indicate your MMF. If you are sure all is well done then you can contact early today to fix it before they go on break.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 6:46am On Dec 24, 2019
abraolas1:
Dear All,

Stanbic have been sending out mails since last week stating delay in mutual funds services as a result of system upgrade which will occur between 25th to 31st.
Top up and redemption takes a maximum of 3 to 5 business days. So ur transaction might likely fall within the upgrade period. No need to panic

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2019
benedictuyi:

Stanbic have been sending out mails since last week stating delay in mutual funds services as a result of system upgrade which will occur between 25th to 31st.
Top up and redemption takes a maximum of 3 to 5 business days. So ur transaction might likely fall within the upgrade period. No need to panic

thanks very grateful for this

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2019
freeman67:

It depends on the channel used, the time it was and if it was done correctly. If you did it by mobile or internet transfer before 12 pm, it should reflect that yesterday except they is an oversight from them. However, if it is done from within the bank it will take longer. Also in your transfer narration/comment/reason you are to indicate your MMF. If you are sure all is well done then you can contact early today to fix it before they go on break.

thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (326) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.