Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (980106 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Ca4real: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Dsticks47:

Thanks @Tabuse20
I agree with you the thread is boring and yes the stock thread is very much active was practically crazy when my Zenith went red on Thursday.
Yh review is good for every business.

@Ca4real
(There should be means of verification.)-Fact

But still I don’t think it’s wise to start uploading ID card and employment letter here grin

According to you it’s a faceless forum.

To verify if the said Agent have in any way scammed anyone here why not ask.
Secondly Pick your phone and place a call to our customer care unit supply them with his freelance code with that am sure you will know if he is impersonating or not.[b][/b]
Better still if you have an account with investment one Financial services send the link to your account officer for verification purpose.

To verify if the said Agent have in any way scammed anyone here why not ask.
Secondly Pick your phone and place a call to our customer care unit supply them with his freelance code with that am sure you will know if he is impersonating or not.

This is not about me but about others who may not dig deep.
As u can see am not the type to invest without due consultation.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ca4real:

Thanks anyway. I still don't subscribe to all this click this , click that. .
Someone quoted me (dstick or something like that). I see he has his ID and infront of the office why don't u do same so we can begin to have a little trust...
For investment, I already have one in a reputable institution. smiley

No worries. I know you are expressing your personal views. I tell you even if one post his employment letter here there will still be diverse opinions. Imagine currently you still have people that don't use ATM card. They don't believe in it. I understand your fears. But never mind the field is wide enough for everyone to play, there will always be accountability an the end of the day. It's well.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ca4real: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
emmasoft:

No worries. I know you are expressing your personal views. I tell you even if one post his employment letter here there will still be diverse opinions. Imagine currently you still have people that don't use ATM card. They don't believe in it. I understand your fears. But never mind the field is wide enough for everyone to play, there will always be accountability an the end of the day. It's well.

Thanks . I wish u the best.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
reservd:
Form for what?
All the needed details to start it up. investment portfolio, name , amt and all
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

All the needed details to start it up.
investment portfolio, name , amt and all
Why not google their site for those details. Ccu@fbnquestmb.com, send a mail to this if it's different from the one u mailed
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
it seems these guys at fbn quest has been really sloppy.

I kept calling the guys there severally to send form via email before the lockdown, all to no avail now no movt has affected everything.

Who else has felt this way with fbn quest of late, they use to be quite speedy in the past?

sent several mails to them to help me with my login details which I have lost. after several mails, they called me and promised to send me that. it's bn 3months now, yet no communication from them. fortunately, I have no fund with them so I have invested the fund into another place and ppl who were ready to act swiftly

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
yak:

sent several mails to them to help me with my login details which I have lost. after several mails, they called me and promised to send me that. it's bn 3months now, yet no communication from them. fortunately, I have no fund with them so I have invested the fund into another place and ppl who were ready to act swiftly

Exactly my own experience with them. I still have funds with them. I will withdraw my fund as soon as the restriction is over.

My advice is run away from FBNquest

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Most of the MMF rates now revolves around 5 to 6%+ and TBills is even lower across all tenors, it’s an economic reality. MMF is SEC regulated and very safe. If you want higher returns it means you must do riskier investment. So, if you are risk averse don’t complain just make do with the current rates while hoping for better rates when things improves and policy favors.
In addition, I will recommend you look the way of another form of mutual fund called Guaranteed income fund VGIF, it’s also for risk averse folks, another advantage is that the rate is guaranteed, and interest earned daily like MMF. Principal and interest of 8.5% guaranteed.
For good investment products from Investment One - stocks or mutual funds contact: 08181057319 or click the link on my signature to open account online.
Oga Emma, I've been following you on investment section on Nairaland. My wife is interested in opening an investment account. I have sent your unique link to her and she will contact you via WhatsApp later in the week. She wants to invest in VGIF. You will hear from us soon. Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
seyisanya:
Oga Emma, I've been following you on investment section on Nairaland. My wife is interested in opening an investment account. I have sent your unique link to her and she will contact you via WhatsApp later in the week. She wants to invest in VGIF. You will hear from us soon. Thanks.
Oh ok. I will be expecting her call or chat. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by rOsy247(f): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Do direct bank transfer with your e-account number as description. if you do the transfer before 12 noon on a business day you get same day value

Any charge attached?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
rOsy247:

Any charge attached?

Normal bank charges apply as stipulated by the CBN if the banks involved in the transaction are different.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by rOsy247(f): 6:26am On Apr 19, 2020
emmasoft:

Normal bank charges apply as stipulated by the CBN if the banks involved in the transaction are different.

Ok thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
emmasoft:

Oga Emma, please do you have a business e mail add ress? That is, you at investment-one dot com. I want to send it to a club so that they can reach out to you.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
seyisanya:
Oga Emma, please do you have a business e mail add ress? That is, you at investment-one dot com. I want to send it to a club so that they can reach out to you.

@seyisanya pls you can send my link and my phone number to your club members.

Re: Mutual Funds by meshzhi(m): 11:13am On Apr 20, 2020
Ehuatamuigunisi:

Exactly my own experience with them. I still have funds with them. I will withdraw my fund as soon as the restriction is over.

My advice is run away from FBNquest
Please someone should help me out.
I redeemed the sum of 730k.
The next thing I saw was that my Q1- accrued profits of 280k was also redeemed without my consent. Though I haven't seen the alert of the 280k or is something wrong somewhere.
Help a brother out pls.
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2020
meshzhi:

Please someone should help me out.
I redeemed the sum of 730k.
The next thing I saw was that my Q1- accrued profits of 280k was also redeemed without my consent. Though I haven't seen the alert of the 280k or is something wrong somewhere.
Help a brother out pls.
What date did you redeem?
Re: Mutual Funds by lymelyte(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Please advise is needed. It is a good time invest some unused cash in stanbic mmf at the moment? Not sure because of the Coronavirus ish that's why I am asking.
Re: Mutual Funds by meshzhi(m): 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
reservd:

What date did you redeem?
It has been paid already.
Do you mind if I give u a call? I need to make some inquiries pls. 07018952285
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
lymelyte:
Please advise is needed. It is a good time invest some unused cash in stanbic mmf at the moment? Not sure because of the Coronavirus ish that's why I am asking.

Though rates are low for MMFs at this time, it's still better than just leaving your money to stay idle. You can also do other forms of mutual funds like VGIF, rate is a bit higher and it's guaranteed with the principal. Check my signature for my contact and link to open account.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
seyisanya:

Pls send my phone and the link or PM to get email. Last week I was ban for some days as I tried to respond with those details, Hence I sent @Dsticks47 to reply on my behalf. Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 1:35am On Apr 23, 2020
emmasoft:

Pls send my phone and the link or PM to get email. Last week I was ban for some days as I tried to respond with those details, Hence I sent @Dsticks47 to reply on my behalf. Thank you
Thanks oga Emma. Sorry about the ban. I already responded to your email.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by 1kinggy(m): 7:52am On Apr 23, 2020
emmasoft:

Though rates are low for MMFs at this time, it's still better than just leaving your money to stay idle. You can also do other forms of mutual funds like VGIF, rate is a bit higher and it's guaranteed with the principal. Check my signature for my contact and link to open account.

VBF and VGIF, which one gives a higher return?
Re: Mutual Funds by mosho2good: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2020
VBF and VGIF
can someone tell me what it all about
plz
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:25am On Apr 23, 2020
mosho2good:
VBF and VGIF

can someone tell me what it all about

plz

VBF - vantage Balance fund. VGIF - Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund they are both mutual funds managed by investment one financial services.
Characteristics: VBF as the name implies invest clients fund on various assets basically the stock market, real estates, etc and some fixed income instrument. One major feature of this fund is that returns and capital are not guaranteed everything depends on the status of the stock market. Though riskier the returns can also be more if there is bull in the stock market.
on the other hand, VGIF is a fixed income form of mutual fund. The fund has a guaranteed fixed returns at 8.5% with also guaranteed principal. interest is paid twice in a year though it's earned daily. You can check my signature for my contact and link to open account and for more information.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2020
1kinggy:

VBF and VGIF, which one gives a higher return?

One can not really do the comparison in terms of rate because they belong to different type of mutual funds. VBF returns are not fixed. it depends largely on the performance of the stock market because major part of the fund is invested in the stock market. The returns could be very good if market is bullish but there could also be loss if the market is down. VGIF is another form of mutual fund. the rate is fixed at 8.5% bench marked with sdf. If I am to recommend right now with the economic reality I will opt for VGIF.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by 1kinggy(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=emmasoft post=88756220]

One can not really do the comparison in terms of rate because they belong to different type of mutual funds. VBF returns are not fixed. it depends largely on the performance of the stock market because major part of the fund is invested in the stock market. The returns could be very good if market is bullish but there could also be loss if the market is down. VGIF is another form of mutual fund. the rate is fixed at 8.5% bench marked with sdf. If I am to recommend right now with the economic reality I will opt for VGIF.[/qoute]

Thanks for the clarification.

For VBF, if one enters in a bear market, does it put one on a good position to earn more when the market picks up? Just like one "entering low and sell high"?

Similarly, is there any major impact on the capital invested during subscription?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=1kinggy post=88760020][/quote]

As noted yes. If you enter the fund at a down market period you will get the price of the fund low so you can buy more units and when stock market is up you can sell. However, the risk about the VBF and in general any balance fund is that both your capital and returns are not guaranteed you can lose your capital because one may not be able to predict correctly how long a down market will last. Most times experts advice to have a long term in mind if going into balance fund in case the market lull takes long time. On the positive side, returns on balance fund can be great in a very short while if there is a bullish run in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by 1kinggy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
emmasoft:

As noted yes. If you enter the fund at a down market period you will get the price of the fund low so you can buy more units and when stock market is up you can sell. However, the risk about the VBF and in general any balance fund is that both your capital and returns are not guaranteed you can lose your capital because one may not be able to predict correctly how long a down market will last. Most times experts advice to have a long term in mind if going into balance fund in case the market lull takes long time. On the positive side, returns on balance fund can be great in a very short while if there is a bullish run in the market.

Thanks for this.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
1kinggy:

Thanks for this.
You are welcome always. Kindly click on the link on my signature to open account for any of the funds. you can actually open as many as you wish - mutual funds and stocks all at the same time with the link.
N.B: You don't need any cash to open any of the account
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Investment Opportunities To Explore
The global pandemic which has infected over 2 million people, spread to over 210 countries and destabilized day to day activities on a worldwide scale. This has undoubtedly created numerous questions which require vital answers
#COVID19

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/covid-19-investment-opportunities-to-explore-tickets-103316353996

Re: Mutual Funds by olyrayy(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hello Oga in the house. Is there a way I can invest in foreign mutual funds? What platform would you advise? I'm actually interested in index funds though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (324) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.