Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,025 members, 7,942,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (1008788 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 8:04am On Jan 18, 2018
ogawisdom:

there is something wrong with urs pls stanbic has been very good, i did top up on my account via their online platform on tuesday around 5pm and just this morning i checked my account and it has reflected it took less than 48hrs. any top up that lasts over 48hrs is problematic.

write n call their customer care otherwise you may wait forever, regards
pls dont vouch for stanbic, their mmf customer service is the worst i have ever seen, i made top up last year december, and it didnt reflect for about 3 days, luckily for me i have the screenshot of the succcessful transaction, i uploaded it, alas it reflected twice after uploading the evidence, showing i have topped up same amount twice, i have been sending mails since last year december that they should reverse one but nothing has been done to it, i was replied that it will be reversed but its still there,i still send a mail yesterday and the only thing i got is the automated reply, how long will it take to reverse a double top up reflection? Since 14th of december 2017.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Ameera2018(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2018
Good day everyone,

I am new to thread and i have read from the beginning of the thread till end...Good job everyone.

Who has invested in MMF with Chapel Denham Managaement Ltd their rates seem higher than Stanbic and ARM 18.25%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
Ameera2018:
Good day everyone,

I am new to thread and i have read from the beginning of the thread till end...Good job everyone.

Who has invested in MMF with Chapel Denham Managaement Ltd their rates seem higher than Stanbic and ARM 18.25%

Aside rates, there are many other things one must look at before plunging. I am not saying its dangerous to go Chapel, I am only advising you on the rudiments of financial investing. Welcome
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2018
ogawisdom:

there is something wrong with urs pls stanbic has been very good, i did top up on my account via their online platform on tuesday around 5pm and just this morning i checked my account and it has reflected it took less than 48hrs. any top up that lasts over 48hrs is problematic.

write n call their customer care or visit any stanbic IBTC branch for quick resolution otherwise you may wait forever, regards

You are just 1 out of several people, so its not enough to conclude they are good enough. Day by day they keep telling me they are working on it. Im tired abeg its almost 2 weeks now. Isnt it better i left the money in a savings account!

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2018
Empress2014:
pls dont vouch for stanbic, their mmf customer service is the worst i have ever seen, i made top up last year december, and it didnt reflect for about 3 days, luckily for me i have the screenshot of the succcessful transaction, i uploaded it, alas it reflected twice after uploading the evidence, showing i have topped up same amount twice, i have been sending mails since last year december that they should reverse one but nothing has been done to it, i was replied that it will be reversed but its still there,i still send a mail yesterday and the only thing i got is the automated reply, how long will it take to reverse a double top up reflection? Since 14th of december 2017.

Different strokes for different folks.... I subscribed online in the evening on the 21st of December, 2017 and I saw it in my MMF account the next day. That said, sometimes issues come up. I have seen people do bank transfers that will leave the senders account but wouldn't get to the receivers account. So those things happen just try and call their customers service. I am sure it would be resolved.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
freeman67:

Different strokes for different folks.... I subscribed online in the evening on the 21st of December, 2017 and I saw it in my MMF account the next day. That said, sometimes issues come up. I have seen people do bank transfers that will leave the senders account but wouldn't get to the receivers account. So those things happen just try and call their customers service. I am sure it would be resolved.
different strokes for different folks in Mutual fund? People do have tranfer issues for over a month? And who said their customer service has not been reached? Lets call a spade a spade..their mmf service is really bad, stop making them look good , they need to improve and stop delaying online top ups, i will advise anyone that wants to do top up to walk straight into the bank. Shalom
Re: Mutual Funds by Redeemed(f): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
For those that want to do stanbic MMF top up, I will advise you download their app on your phone and through that you can do all your transactions which includes top up, online redemption, and even monitor your money because it gives daily updates.
Recently I did top up and forwarded a mail via their app informing them of the additional subscription and requesting them to update my account. My mail was responded to and in less than 48 hours, the said amount reflected in my account.
Since I joined stanbic MMF, I haven't walked into any of their branch office, all transactions is done via their Mobile App at my convenience.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
Empress2014:
different strokes for different folks in Mutual fund? People do have tranfer issues for over a month? And who said their customer service has not been reached? Lets call a spade a spade..their mmf service is really bad, stop making them look good , they need to improve and stop delaying online top ups, i will advise anyone that wants to do top up to walk straight into the bank. Shalom

All my experiences with stanbic MMF has been very good 7 over 10. i have done several online top ups and non has exceeded 48hrs, i now use bank transfer to MMF account and upload same on their site and with this method crediting my account has never exceeded 24hrs.

i will give SIMMF 70% as a matter of personal experience, jst surprised to read dt some ppl have unpleasant experiences with them
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
Redeemed:
For those that want to do stanbic MMF top up, I will advise you download their app on your phone and through that you can do all your transactions which includes top up, online redemption, and even monitor your money because it gives daily updates.
Recently I did top up and forwarded a mail via their app informing them of the additional subscription and requesting them to update my account. My mail was responded to and in less than 48 hours, the said amount reflected in my account.
Since I joined stanbic MMF, I haven't walked into any of their branch office, all transactions is done via their Mobile App at my convenience.

Is it not online i did that i am having this issue? Their customer service is poor, period!! You're lucky today that you arent in my shoes, it may be you some other time.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
jaychubi:

All my experiences with stanbic MMF has been very good 7 over 10. i have done several online top ups and non has exceeded 48hrs, i now use bank transfer to MMF account and upload same on their site and with this method crediting my account has never exceeded 24hrs.

i will give SIMMF 70% as a matter of personal experience, jst surprised to read dt some ppl have unpleasant experiences with them
this isn't my first time of topping up online as well, as i have put someone through on this thread on how to do it also, nevertheless there's always a first time for everything, with the latest experience i have had, i will always advise to walk to the bank to top up especially when you topping up huge funds to avoid issues like this.. we just need to learn from people's experience, there's no need to be surprise here, am not sharing this here to put stanbic off or down, i still have my funds with them and it's safe.
Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
Redeemed:

if you hadn't mailed them it won't reflect which is not suppose to be so, the same thing happened last year to one of my top ups and i end up having double reflection of my top up since last year and it was just reversed this afternoon after series of mails. If it happens to anyone here, it won't be a surprise because someone has shared similar experience on here.
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2018
Empress2014:
if you hadn't mailed them it won't reflect which is not suppose to be so, the same thing happened last year to one of my top ups and i end up having double reflection of my top up since last year and it was just reversed this afternoon after series of mails. If it happens to anyone here, it won't be a surprise because someone has shared similar experience on here.

The annoying part is that i had deposited what one may call "huge fund".. a big mistake on my part.. should have tried with a cheap amt first
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2018
haibe:

The annoying part is that i had deposited what one may call "huge fund".. a big mistake on my part.. should have tried with a cheap amt first

There was a time I subscribed 800k by online transfer and I uploaded proof of payment and I also sent the same proof of payment to them by email. Guess what? They credited 1.6 million instead of 800k. I contacted them immediately and they replied me that they appreciate me for being honest but they advised me that once I upload proof of payment online there is no need to send proof of payment by email again.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
Empress2014:
this isn't my first time of topping up online as well, as i have put someone through on this thread on how to do it also, nevertheless there's always a first time for everything, with the latest experience i have had, i will always advise to walk to the bank to top up especially when you topping up huge funds to avoid issues like this.. we just need to learn from people's experience, there's no need to be surprise here, am not sharing this here to put stanbic off or down, i still have my funds with them and it's safe.

Bank transfer is faster n safer I agree

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
haibe:

don't worry, it will be solved and your funds will reflect, just keep sending mail everyday and also express how disappointed you are in the online subsription system.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Empress2014(f): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2018
dotcomnamename:

There was time I subscribed 800k by online transfer and I uploaded proof of payment and I also sent the same proof of payment to their email. Guess what? They credited 1.6 million instead of 800k. I contacted them immediately and they replied me that they appreciate for being phones but they advised me that once I upload proof of payment online there is no need to send proof of payment by email again.
This is exactly what i have been saying, why should there be double reflection when the reference number of the transaction and what you mailed them are the same!!! And if you hadn't mailed them, you will wait till eternity before it reflect.
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
dotcomnamename:

There was time I subscribed 800k by online transfer and I uploaded proof of payment and I also sent the same proof of payment to their email. Guess what? They credited 1.6 million instead of 800k. I contacted them immediately and they replied me that they appreciate for being phones but they advised me that once I upload proof of payment online there is no need to send proof of payment by email again.

Hmmn.. thats surely a control deficiency in their system which says a lot abt the risk of losing funds. I deposited 450k.. my fingers are still crossed. I am not in lag currently so i cant visit their office.. perhaps by next week i will start to do it the hard way with them.. very dissapointed.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Ameera2018(f): 6:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Investnow2017:

Aside rates, there are many other things one must look at before plunging. I am not saying its dangerous to go Chapel, I am only advising you on the rudiments of financial investing. Welcome

Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2018
Good afternoon people,

I must say the concerns that someone had here earlier regarding discrepancies in MMF balance are very valid.

I am currently witnessing the exact thing.

An excess of 300,000 was added to my balance, only for me to report the issue and they revert, telling me the excess was actually for 1,000,000

Resolution is currently in progress. I'll surely update you with information.
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
Good day people. Some days ago i wanted to see if my online redemption page was active, i requested for N5.000. I got credited the following day with the sum of N4, 945. On the online receipt, i also saw penalty fee of N12.50k. The investment is above 2 months.

Pls are they supposed to charge me any amount?
Secondly, if they are to charge, what is the basis for charges, is it based on the amount redeemed?

Thanks as i await your response
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
skyangel:
Good day people. Some days ago i wanted to see if my online redemption page was active, i requested for N5.000. I got credited the following day with the sum of N4, 945. On the online receipt, i also saw penalty fee of N12.50k. The investment is above 2 months.

Pls are they supposed to charge me any amount?
Secondly, if they are to charge, what is the basis for charges, is it based on the amount redeemed?

Thanks as i await your response

The charge is the same irrespective of the amount. The charge is actually by UBA their facilitator. Even if you redeem N10m, it is the same grin grin grin No fear cheesy
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Investnow2017:

The charge is the same irrespective of the amount. The charge is actually by UBA their facilitator. Even if you redeem N10m, it is the same grin grin grin No fear cheesy

Ok. Thanks Mr Investnow. I appreciate your quick response.
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
Investnow2017:

Thanks to everyone... I actually took out time to read all post from page one to the last page.. I just tried out my luck with stanbic mmf.. I opened an account using my mobile app filled the form and paid via quickteller.. Just a small investment to learn how the system works.. Waiting for them to send me log in details.. They said 48hours so i am counting down already.. Wish myself goodluck..
Thanks to everyone
Re: Mutual Funds by amaham(m): 2:04am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello investors
I subscribed for mmf and they sent me a password to login . After logging in, i changed my password to a desirable one. I logged out, trying to test this new password by re-logging in but it keep showing notification failure. I
I went to the reset password page and it was asking for answer to a secret question. Pls has anyone experienced this?
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 2:29am On Jan 24, 2018
amaham:
Hello investors
I subscribed for mmf and they sent me a password to login . After logging in, i changed my password to a desirable one. I logged out, trying to test this new password by re-logging in but it keep showing notification failure. I
I went to the reset password page and it was asking for answer to a secret question. Pls has anyone experienced this?

If u have completed registration, they should send you a link on their site where you can set security question and answer.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmago(m): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
i seriously dnt understand how this mmf works anymore oo..there are days stanbic wnt credit my account ..and I was told they credit daily..is that how it works now?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by amaham(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
haibe:

If u have completed registration, they should send you a link on their site where you can set security question and answer.
Thanks, they resetted the password so it is now working in the mobile app. But the same password that works in the mobile app dont work in the online account.
I wonder what is the problem
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
amaham:

Thanks, they resetted the password so it is now working in the mobile app. But the same password that works in the mobile app dont work in the online account.
I wonder what is the problem
for me the same password works. I dnt know why urs is different
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
Its now Over 2 weeks since i deposited funds to my MMF account there have been nothing from Stanbic IBTC till now. This is the worst customer service i have experienced in my life. I now regret doing business with them.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
haibe:
Its now Over 2 weeks since i deposited funds to my MMF account there have been nothing from Stanbic IBTC till now. This is the worst customer service i have experienced in my life. I now regret doing business with them.

Go to a stanbic ibtc branch in person it's now beyond writing letters online if possible make out time and go to their head office. U need to go to all length to save ur money

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
jaychubi:

Go to a stanbic ibtc branch in person it's now beyond writing letters online if possible make out time and go to their head office. U need to go to all length to save ur money

I will do so as soon as i get to lagos
Re: Mutual Funds by Ezeanna: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2018
Good morning investors

I am new to this mutual fund investments but would very much like to invest.
I am interested in FBN and Stanbic MMF for now.
Pls, how do I register/ invest?
Do I walk into any first bank or stanbic bank branch; would I be attended to there?
Thank you as you respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (331) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.