Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,893 members, 7,942,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (484549 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by champredd(m): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
odiegwu
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyeigbo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2007
Ndi igbo,kwezu onu o oooooooooo!!!! i am ibo from imo state like both of my parents.dad is from eziala,ezinihhite and mom is from umuosisi,umuawam.i was born here in brooklyn,new york.just wanted to give a little "SHOUT OUT"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyeigbo(m): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
NDI IGBO,KWEZU ONU OOOOOOOO!! I AM IBO FROM IMO STATE,LIKE WISE BOTH OF MY PARENTS.they are both from mbaise,dad is from Eziala(ezinihhitte community) and mom(deceased) is from umuosisi(umuawam).just wanted to 'SHOUT OUT" my fellow brethren on this forum!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
ndewonu ndewonu, onye igbo ndewon

ohaneze ndi igbo mma mma nu oooo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2007
Monshee good evin, onyeIgbo well come.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
ikocrazy, nna nno, kedu ka eke si anya anwu grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2007
monshege:

ikocrazy, nna nno, kedu ka eke si anya anwu grin

Monshee honestly that is one question av always asked  myself what it means. We all know that eke either streches or curls up to ya la anwu, and the question is placed forward all the time. Am sure eke itself would be tired of the question.  undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2007
Ikomi:

Monshee honestly that is one question av always asked myself what it means. We all know that eke either streches or curls up to ya la anwu, and the question is placed forward all the time. Am sure eke itself would be tired of the question. undecided
hahahaha another side effect of hunger or do i say side effects of being a half caste
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2007
monshege:

hahahaha another side effect of hunger or do i say side effects of being a half caste

how come u guessed right. But truly a'v always wondered at that stuff Monshee. Why is it not "ke otu nmiri sia ba ye na aki", if a phrase that was not to be answered was to be used. Why agbo/eke and anwu? Seriously Monshee explain.  cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:10am On Jun 15, 2007
This one your not replying Monsheee, looks like your guees is wrong then, its not hunger or half caste, lol It all reminds me of a phrase with bandwagons. lol  cheesy.

I think its just a phrase most Igbos say without turning around to ask why this comparison. Hope Ynot and Romeo was here to help out. GC that girl understands Igbo too she could have said something.

Am sure when she reads that she will feel she should have written a book in Igbo, and hopefully confuse us all. lol.

Hmmmmmm.  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy Ikomi waiting for answer.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:12am On Jun 15, 2007
nwanna, you never hear say na anaghi aju ajuju gbasara okwu igbo, ilu igbo, and euphemism used in igbo land. for instance, ndi igbo na ekwu "anyuko mamiri onu, ogba ufufu", and mmadu chukwu kere were ike juo si "why would anyone want to nyuko mamiri onu, why not nyuo mamiri on your own?" cheesy mana like i said, anaghi e question okwu igbo, it is LAW and ORDER
kedu ka eke si anya anwu?= aputaghi gi ga chowa ebe agwo no mara ma o masara afo ala ma o dosara ukwu ya na elu na anya anwu, ihe o bu bu okwu were okpurukpu. okwu igbo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:16am On Jun 15, 2007
if you decide to question that one, then you might as well question every word na igbo. it goes for every language, even english. there are some words i ga anu na english, those figures of speech or akpalaokwu, you might as well question them. in fact i chokwa now, i bido nke gi afterall o bu mmadu noro onwe ya wee bido slangs ahu tupu o ruo oha obodo nile. bido nke gi taa ikocrazy ka anyi mara na i tinyela input gi na okwu igbo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:20am On Jun 15, 2007
monshege:

nwanna, you never hear say na anaghi aju ajuju gbasara okwu igbo, ilu igbo, and euphemism used in igbo land. for instance, ndi igbo na ekwu "anyuko mamiri onu, ogba ufufu", and mmadu chukwu kere were ike juo si "why would anyone want to nyuko mamiri onu, why not nyuo mamiri on your own?" cheesy mana like i said, anaghi e question okwu igbo, it is LAW and ORDER
kedu ka eke si anya anwu?= aputaghi gi ga chowa ebe agwo no mara ma o masara afo ala ma o dosara ukwu ya na elu na anya anwu, ihe o bu bu okwu were okpurukpu. okwu igbo

Oh ohh ohh, then ur invariable taking me to dark ages, "anyuko mamiri onu, ogba ufufu" is a true saying even if u experiment on ur own. GC knows better.

But to tell me not to ask is not proper. Just like a madman in my village once said.

"That the only reason they say his mad is that when he wants to say something else, another comes of his mouth."

Questions should be asked Monshheee, I really dont think that euphemism is very right. With all gratitude to u for trying to explain.  smiley
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:23am On Jun 15, 2007
monshege:

bido nke gi taa ikocrazy ka anyi mara na i tinyela input gi na okwu igbo

Honestly monshheeee I have, and av developed words like:

Owen = onwe

Ihen = Ihe and more to come, I told u guys there is a new land somewhere that has not been discovered sometimes back did'nt I. lol

Its coming to be. lol  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:30am On Jun 15, 2007
hahaha the only reason they say he is mad is because something else comes out of his mouth? hahahah thats a good one. ok ikocrazy, i see you are really serious, echere m na i justuru choo i ju. ok ajuju gi bu why e ji kwuo "kedu ka eke si anya anwu?". and like half caste i bu, i na a take the sentence literally which you aint supposed to
nevertheless, literally speaking, kedu ka eke si anya anwu instead of kedu ka mmiri si banye na aki. those two things i juru now di different; the second one na aju maka ihe mere ihe jiri mee, nke mbu na acho ima ka ihe ji eme? i na aghota ihe a m na ekwu
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:34am On Jun 15, 2007
I understand Monsheee. But "ke otu eke si anya anwu" is not really meant to be answered okwa ya?

But being the Ikomi that I am I could always go, "it is lying on its back"

But if u ask me "Ke otu nmiri siri baye na aki"

No matter how sacarstic I might want to be ad have no answer.

DO u get where am coming from?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:37am On Jun 15, 2007
ikomi, you just said na agwo na anya anwu in two ways "either na o masara straight ma o bu na o curl onwe ya", therefore ajuo gi kedu ka eke si anya anwu, o bu ka onye ahu mara ma agwo i furu o masara amasa ka o bu na o curl onwe ya. ighotago? grin

agwo masara amasa na anata anwu in all places and it is lounging and in a peacefull mood which is why it is stretching. agwo curl anaghi anabata anwu in all places, infact the fact it curled na egosi na o di "insecure" and o di ready ime attack, o dighi relaxed, his tentacles have been raised incase of any danger.
gwa m kedu ka eke si anya anwu ka m mara ma ala adi level ma o dighi level, ka m mara ma o di safe i gafe ka o bu na o dighi
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:41am On Jun 15, 2007
hahahaha ha ikocrazy, leave it to you to have a reply for every okwu igbo
actually onye juru gi kedu ka eke si anya anwu expects an answer
onye a juru "whats up?" kwesiri inye answer, being the ikocrazy you are, onwere ike i si "the sky is up, or the ceiling or the roof)
onye ekelere si "how are you" ga aza si "fine" no be so? so onye a juru kedu ka eke si anya anwu kwesiri i zaa ka eke si makpuru
with these few points of mine, i strongly believe that boys are better than----oops! i got carried away, echere m na anyi ano na debate hall grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:43am On Jun 15, 2007
monshege:

gwa m kedu ka eke si anya anwu ka m mara ma ala adi level ma o dighi level, ka m mara ma o di safe i gafe ka o bu na o dighi

Good man, thats a good explanation.

Its a saying that must have come from Mbaise. Now I really get. To know how secured an area is by attributing it to agwo is more like asking is an angry Mbaise man around lol.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:45am On Jun 15, 2007
hahahahah ikomi, okwa i noro, o di ka i naghi ekwu okwu. ka ndi mbaise wetakwa gi.hahaha that was a good input though, but why would onye mbaise start it ebe its believed na i ga anabata agwo in place of them undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:48am On Jun 15, 2007
U sure did well with dat Monshheee. Ur Igbo is good. Dont mind Ynot dat comes here to show off.

I think If a rating must go to this thing. I will say u have ur two eyes Monsheee, While I have one, Romeo and Ynot are the two blind Igbo men on this thread. Am not sure about GC though, Sometimes one of her eyes is open and sometimes they are both closed. lol  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

Seriously looking for trouble here.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 12:53am On Jun 15, 2007
monshege:

hahahahah ikomi, okwa i noro, o di ka i naghi ekwu okwu. ka ndi mbaise wetakwa gi.hahaha that was a good input though, but why would onye mbaise start it ebe its believed na i ga anabata agwo in place of them undecided

They must have knwon dat, so they tried to make it sound a bit pleasant (in there own reckoning) rather than saying "is an angry Mbaise man around." That would be derogatory. But that also goes to tell u how dangerous they might be. Using a thing like agbo in a phrase would scare the living daylight out of ladies like babyosisi.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:59am On Jun 15, 2007
hahahahah ikomi ikomi, today tomorrow, next tomorrow, i will still pick you to be on my team
mgbe romero na ynot batara ka anyi mara ma ha aga ekweta na anya kporo ha ma ha aga anabata ya

i would rather think na o bu onye abughi onye mbaise bidoro okwu ahu grin take for instance, onye abughi onye mbaise kwuru si ifu onye mbaise na abata na ulo gi, fu agwo, buru uzo kugbo nwa mbaise tupu i kugbuo agwo, therefore onye bidoro "kedu ka eke si anya anwu" might wanna know position ka ya mara mgbe ya ga akugbu onye mbaise tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 1:05am On Jun 15, 2007
I give that to you again. Think ur right. But on Ynot and romeo. Those two when it comes to Igbo language, anya piri ha api, no doubt. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honestly u have explained something this night.

Av always wondered at that phrase.

Monsheee that open university, we shall start in ernest. With u being the chief lecturer. I need to go to bed now and go plan out our next step. Am sure we'd have lot of students.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 1:07am On Jun 15, 2007
Ynot and Romeo could play a role in posting handouts to students. So they wont say we didn't involve them.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 1:08am On Jun 15, 2007
lol Monsheee ka chi foo Woke Ike.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 1:09am On Jun 15, 2007
ka chi foo ogo m nwoke grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 1:11am On Jun 15, 2007
monshege:

ogo m nwoke grin

Ogo  undecided Who are u giving out.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 1:13am On Jun 15, 2007
ichoro nkowa nke ahu? ga hie ura abali, echi ka anyi chia na owere nchi
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ikomi(m): 1:15am On Jun 15, 2007
Monsheeee imega mu confuse oohhhh. Ogo is another thing, I understand the word but the question is how?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 1:20am On Jun 15, 2007
hahahahah mba a monshege adighi in support of confusion. ngwa ezigbo enyi m nwoke, ka chi foo. (nke a adi better?)

ikomi, ajuzila how, na aju when cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by romeo(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
infact iwe m kita di ka nke Nnenne angry angry angry angry

ikomi si na m bu onye ishi!! ewoooooooooooooooooooo onye ishi akpo m onye ishi hahahahahah aru emeeeeeee

onye na ekwu okwu ogo ebe a? ikomi adighi mma inu nwa ada igbo maka na o bu half ofe mmanu and ofe mmanu is capable of destroying igbo beauties lol

ikomi ka m nweta kwa gi near igbo class ma o buru na obughi omumu ka i biara ime grin grin grin, common owen like u na ewetara m onu

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.