Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? (1407 Views)

#youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter / It Seems It's Becoming A Norm For Most Especially Married Men Cheating / It Seems It Is Becoming A Norm For Most Especially Married Men Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is gradually becoming a trend in Nigeria for women to provide for the family, while men do nothing... What are your thoughts?
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by jumxix(f): 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
There Is Nothing Like That In Rural Area But Due To The Way Things Are Now Especially In The Urban City Where Women Are Now Becoming civilized Even More Than Most Men, They Have To Take Part Either Fully Or Partially In Taking Care Of The Family Too.
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Kanwulia: 1:12am On Sep 23, 2014
We have been down this road many times.

LIFE IS A CHOICE.
Make yours. . . and let others TAKE THEIRS!

Simple! kiss

5 Likes

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by egopersonified(f): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
I think people talk about it more now than before, it doesn't mean it hasnt being this way before. Men from some tribes are actually regarded as being lazy while the women of that tribe hardworking.

2 Likes

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
egopersonified: I think people talk about it more now than before, it doesn't mean it hasnt being this way before. Men from some tribes are actually regarded to as being lazy while the women of that tribe hardworking.

hmm I think you are right
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
letsdothis:

hmm I think you are right

Since you refused to heed to warnings, to stop stalking members around here, its alright to conclude you have nothing important to contribute.

Enjoy from the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by edwife(f): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Since you refused to heed to warnings, to stop stalking members around here, its alright to conclude you have nothing important to contribute.

Enjoy from the sidelines.

Thank you very much RR,i was beginning to get very uncomfortable and upset.I really don't know how people think sometimes,especially a fully grown ass men undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by JEITO: 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Eh na! Shey women say they want equality na? Dis is part of the equality package..

Btw, no reasonable man will sit down and allow his wife fend for the family. If he lost his job or doesn't have one yet, that's a diff case; but to sit at home doing nothing! That's unpardonable and I'm sure no Nigerian man will wanna do that: it is a slap on his manhood pride
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Sunnypar(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
It is a norm already.
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by manie(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
GoldenDr:
It is gradually becoming a trend in Nigeria for women to provide for the family, while men do nothing... What are your thoughts?
Our men need to be serious in School and when they graduate should strive to be the men God wants them to be. Our ladies are the ones graduating with good grades and also getting the good jobs. We should also give birth to the number of children we can comfortably provide for.Men should also invest and plan for the future, that is the only way to be immuned from economic uncertainties. Another growing trend is the issue of single mothers who are solely responsible for their children.

1 Like

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Who is to be blamed for single mothers, the society or the mother that made such decision? Manie, that single mother is going to be a thing that would trend in a long while.
manie:
Our men need to be serious in School and when they graduate should strive to be the men God wants them to be. Our ladies are the ones graduating with good grades and also getting the good jobs. We should also give birth to the number of children we can comfortably provide for.Men should also invest and plan for the future, that is the only way to be immuned from economic uncertainties. Another growing trend is the issue of single mothers who are solely responsible for their children.
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by manie(m): 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
GoldenDr:
Who is to be blamed for single mothers, the society or the mother that made such decision? Manie, that single mother is going to be a thing that would trend in a long while.
I am not a sociologist nor a marrige expert, but I think the society and decaying value system are responsible for this. Our men should be responsible and be humble to apologise when they are wrong, our women do not need to compete with their husbands as per the head of the family. We all need attitudinal changes, a lady who is rude and abusive may not get a husband such a woman has a high probability of being a single mother. Our men be bold and should not be afraid of dating successful women. Single parenting is not good for the training of our children.

1 Like

Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
Kanwulia:
We have been down this road many times.

LIFE IS A CHOICE.
Make yours. . . and let others TAKE THEIRS!

Simple! kiss
I couldn't have said it any better.
I wonder why people are obsessed about who's the breadwinner in another family.

Insecurity is a b1tch.
Re: It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? by dsquare33: 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
GoldenDr:
I believe no man wants to be spoonfed. It is as a result of joblessness in our society,most men don't have good and viable jobs or some of them have been laid off from their work hence, women are taking up the position of catering for their families. I just pray that men would learn to appreciate their wives the more for taking their stand to cater for the ir families.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Child Is Gay? / Esther Jenny Has Confirm That Her Son Bruce Jenny Is Turning Into A Woman / Marriage Registry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.