Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,709 members, 7,921,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:10 AM

Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? (2615 Views)

You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / Girl, 6, Who Was Sent To Her Room As Punishment Is One Of The Youngest People To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mr freshdude, the poster I quoted didn't take any offence to my post, I wonder why you took it upon yourself to "defend" him

Ok, I'm deeply sorry, your highness
Pardon my "silly act"
I'm sorry for going all melodramatic on the poster

I'm also sorry for forgetting this is Africa's largest online forum and not a personal journal

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
zeemoore: Mr freshdude, the poster I quoted didn't take any offence to my post, I wonder why you took it upon yourself to "defend" him

Ok, I'm deeply sorry, your highness
Pardon my "silly act"
I'm sorry for going all melodramatic on the poster

I'm also sorry for forgetting this is Africa's largest online forum and not a personal journal
That is the nature of public speaking. Your tterances are open to scrutiny. Surely, if you didn't want others quoting you, you should have PMed Kay or like I said earlier, created your own blog. And no, I'm defending my right to post an opinion not Kay. Unchecked precedents tend to evolve into customs. I'm sure you understand.

Still, shove your melodrama.
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ok, I'll do something about the melodrama
grin
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
zeemoore: Ok, I'll do something about the melodrama
grin
Still alive? cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: Still alive? cheesy
Do you want me dead? angry tongue
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
zeemoore:
Do you want me dead? angry tongue
No sweetheart.
You've been MIA for sometimes now .I hope you took care of the pregnancy? cheesy
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: No sweetheart.
You've been MIA for sometimes now .I hope you took care of the pregnancy? cheesy
Yes, love
I'm getting enough rest and keeping my blood sugar level up

So, when are you coming home? sad
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
zeemoore:
Yes, love
I'm getting enough rest and keeping my blood sugar level up

So, when are you coming home? sad
Another robbery again o. grin

Choi ! These girls dem bad no be small......smh

No go burn cable Wey federal govt no go fit repair o. shocked
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: Another robbery again o. grin

Choi ! These girls dem bad no be small......smh

No go burn cable Wey federal govt no go fit repair o. shocked
Don't be such a scared little veeral angry
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by texanomaly(f): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
Kay17:

Whipping them reasonably and moderately is a sign of love also. For me, whipping is a form of condition to direct their behaviour into the desired patterns. You wouldn't always buy all the toys for them, or all the icecream, sometimes you have to force them to take the bitterest pills, force them to the best habits (waking up early, early independence, reading patterns). You just can't reason with them to have those done.

You would whip a child to wake them up?

Good habits, frankly any habit, comes from repetition. Children can be, "conditioned" as you put it, from birth to get up early. If their "biological clock" is set to get up early, they will wake up early.

Yes it is possible to whip children into submission. I'm simply asking if it is the best way to teach them.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Mine differs from yours. Can we leave it at that?
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by macof(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
texanomaly:

That is what parenting is all about. It is our job as parents to teach them coping skills that will help them become mature, rational adults.

A good spanking is part of the parents tool to teach the kids how to be mature and rational
Re: Do Nigerians Feel Corporal Punishment Is The Only Way To Teach A Child? by macof(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
shoefreak: It only confuses a child. And it often makes him harden his heart. Heartless kids start like that.

A good talk often sorts it. Don't let him start to think "last last na cane'.

A good spanking often sorts it better. Don't let him start to think "no matter what I do, I can't be punished"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family / Help! My Best Friend Is Begging Me To Make Love To His Wife. / Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.