Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? (9027 Views)

Before You Bullshit Your Woman Or Wife, Look At This Picture! / Mother's And Wife Which One Is The Most Important? / Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Career woman or house wife: which is better?
While it can be argued that a career woman brings a lot of benefit in terms of sharing the financial burden of the family, however she also brings another set of burden to her home.

This burden includes:
1. Neglecting the family duties eg no time to cook
2. No time or less time spent with the kids (mostly coming back when the kids are sleeping)
3. Turning the bed room to mini office (bringing laptop etc to the bedroom) turn killing romance at home
4. Less intimate time with her husband. (always tired or have a project at hand)
5. No time to bond with family member eg in-laws etc (no time for visitation)
6. Less or no social life (hardly have time to go out on function)
7. In the absence of “madam” the maid may take over bed room duties
8. The kids will be more prone to abuse by neighbours, uncles or even the maid or house help

On the other hand the house wife has the advantage of solving if not all, then most of the deficiencies of the career woman above. Eg she will be there to drive the kids to school and will bring them back home, make food for them and ensure they do their homework.
But the big disadvantage is that the entire financial burden will be on the Man of the house. Eg paying rent, school fess, fuelling his and madams car, sending money to in-laws etc. this could just be too much on him (except he is a Nigerian politician, you know what I mean)

Thus given the above scenario which will you prefer or advise or how will you handle it as a man or a woman.
Please you sincere contribution will save a home. thanks
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Eneze1(f): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Whatever rocks your boat. A career woman can equally balance things out on the home front likewise a full time house wife can have a store that she earns something from

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Eneze1: hmmm

yes oh
na Serious matter be this
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
@ eneze1
what will you advise a career or how will you handle it
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
A career woman !!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
whichever you choose whatz ur reason
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by priscaoge(f): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Career Woman IMO!

Btw Have u seen a LAZY housewife?

1 Like

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by ojaydedon(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
both..50 50
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
I will prefer a house wife cos u can set up little business 4 her 2 contribute her part but a woman wt career vision will always want her voice 2 superced dat of their husband!! Hardly b4 u can point any career oriented woman dat x submissive!!

1 Like

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
ok if youre to marry the career woman your financial burden is cut down to some extent
so the other issues how do you manage them
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Enasco1: I will prefer a house wife cos u can set up little business 4 her 2 contribute her part but a woman wt career vision will always want her voice 2 superced dat of their husband!! Hardly b4 u can point any career oriented woman dat x submissive!!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by jmoore(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2014

It boils down to the type of job she is doing.

Eg a woman who owns a school is a career woman. Her kids are her students therefore she is in touch with them. She comes back home early.

Compare the above example to a woman who is a banker, she comes back late.

There is nothing wrong being a career woman. Planning is key.

A woman can decide to be a housewife for about 10 years in marriage and go back to her career later.

One can also work from home. There are many work-at-home jobs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by hod898(m): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
Following
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
I will gladly choose a career-lady..

Can't settle for less !
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
to the guys career woman is good oh
because na 50 -50 in financial issues
but ladies whats your view
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by fightforchange1(f): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Eneze1: Whatever rocks your boat. A career woman can equally balance things out on the home front likewise a full time house wife can have a store that she earns something from

Enterpreneurial side hustler is a housewife with a business.

1 Like

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Crocz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
My choice is ....wait lemme think 1st
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Kunleskey(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
House wife ni o carreer woman ko carry woman ni... you can never be satisfy with carreer woman... The pride will be there,she can leave you anytime she want. She will haveself control over everything and she won't have time to check your time..the only carrier woman i can marry is the one who love's me care's 4me and summisive..
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 8:21am On Sep 25, 2014
Crocz: My choice is ....wait lemme think 1st

have u finish thinking
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by valmunich(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2014
Who needs a house wife these days
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich: Who needs a house wife these days

really have you considerd the both side of the coin
or whats ur reason
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by valmunich(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2014
robosky02:

really have you considerd the both side of the coin
or whats ur reason
Yea! I need me a career woman undecided
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Who said being a housewife isn't a career?
-it's not easy to organise a family, think-out meals, stay up late @ night - especially when you have kids that are nocturnal beings

...but then money must me made grin. You can actually combine both, it's easier when you are married to your friend.
-that's also part of the advantage of marrying on time (if you the type wanna chase your dreams), you can actually have your kids and be with them in their formative years. Then chase you dreams with speed/force...lol. Within those years, the woman is expected to have built herself educationally, career wise to a reasonable degree that she can actually pick up from when she is done with 'childbearing'.

...I can't really go for one. Maybe your question should be career woman/full time housewife or something. Every married woman must first be a 'housewife' before forming career anything...lol

I think it's necessary that every woman has a source of income - no matter how little. She shouldn't just be the kinda full-time housewife that sits @home doing nothing.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by valmunich(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Who said being a housewife isn't a career?
-it's not easy to organise a family, think-out meals, stay up late @ night - especially when you have kids that are nocturnal beings

...but then money must me made grin. You can actually combine both, it's easier when you are married to your friend.
-that's also part of the advantage of marrying on time (if you the type wanna chase your dreams), you can actually have your kids and be with them in their formative years.

...I can't really go for one. Maybe your question should be career woman/full time housewife or something. Every married woman must first be a 'housewife' before forming career anything...lol

I think it's necessary that every woman has a source of income - no matter how little. She shouldn't just be the kinda full-time housewife that sits @home doing nothing.
Tell me you're not a house wife sad
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Crocz(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2014
robosky02:

have u finish thinking

Hmmm...still thinking o
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by philantoxx(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2014
house wives often become overly fat.hate it
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich:
Tell me you're not a house wife sad

So that's what you can pick from my post

Who Is a Housewife
- as defined by Oxford Dictionaries: A married woman whose 'MAIN OCCUPATION' is caring for her family, managing household affairs, and doing housework. That's why I said,every married woman must first be a housewife.

...Yes I am a housewife.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Crocz(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014

-that's also part of the advantage of marrying on time (if you the type wanna chase your dreams), you can actually have your kids and be with them in their formative years.

God!...I wish I had met you b4 ur husband!

Now I have a choice...and you made it easy
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by valmunich(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

So that's what you can pick from my post

Who Is a Housewife
- as defined by Oxford Dictionaries: A married woman whose 'MAIN OCCUPATION' is caring for her family, managing household affairs, and doing housework. That's why I said,every married woman must first be a housewife.

...Yes I am a housewife.
I'm not saying that a woman shouldn't do the above stated. I'm only against women who depends solely on their husband's salary for everything. God forbid I marry that kinda woman!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2014
valmunich:
I'm not saying that a woman shouldn't do the above stated. I'm only against women who depends solely on their husband's salary for everything. God forbid I marry that kinda woman!

Did I @ any point say a woman shouldn't work?? Ehn Val?
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2014

-that's also part of the advantage of marrying on time (if you the type wanna chase your dreams), you can actually have your kids and be with them in their formative years. Then chase you dreams with speed/force...lol. Within those years, the woman is expected to have built herself educationally, career wise to a reasonable degree that she can actually pick up from when she is done with 'childbearing'.

wow you just made some selling points for youe argument.

it's necessary that every woman has a source of income - no matter how little. She shouldn't just be the kinda full-time housewife that sits @home doing nothing.

so fot the career womans husband or wife what your reason
how do you manage other thingss
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2014
At a Point a house wife becomes a liability to herself and to her family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Risks And Merits Of Having A Sugar Mummy. / See The Best Handwriting In The World!!(photo) / Men Don't Wear Clothes Anymore (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.