Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,692 members, 7,911,896 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? (9077 Views)

Before You Bullshit Your Woman Or Wife, Look At This Picture! / Mother's And Wife Which One Is The Most Important? / Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Tymax(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Housewife please. She can work from home- Online business. cool Plus she'll have time to visit her friends and gist to her satisfaction. grin

And who say I'm not caring?... Haters. cool
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 9:36am On Sep 25, 2014
3cycle: At a Point a house wife becomes a liability to herself and to her family.

how will she become a liability.
take for instance she runs a supermaket to make extra cash. after taking care of the kids.
beside she is her own boss. no "you must report to work at 7.30am or dont leave the office till you prepare the proposal letters for tomoro presentation etc at 7pm"
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by valmunich(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Did I @ any point say a woman shouldn't work?? Ehn Val?
Lol.. I like your position on the ish shaa
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
robosky02:

wow you just made some selling points for youe argument.

it's necessary that every woman has a source of income - no matter how little. She shouldn't just be the kinda full-time housewife that sits @home doing nothing.

so fot the career womans husband or wife what your reason
how do you manage other thingss

ThankGod for house-helps, and sisters that can help out if the need arises. The husband should also be of help
-that's why I said, she can have the kids first,within those years, she should further educationally and run a business, teach or work in private orgs that are not too stressful.

So which did you finally choose @Crocz...is 'crocz' -Crocodile?? shocked
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by radiant3(f): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
In this contemporary society,I think CAREER woman is better.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Crocz(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

ThankGod for house-helps, and sisters that can help out if the need arises. The husband should also be of help
-that's why I said, she can have the kids first,within those years, she should further educationally and run a business, teach or work in private orgs that are not too stressful.

So which did you finally choose @Crocz...is 'crocz' -Crocodile?? shocked

Yeah, the one you advocated...and yes Crocz means crocodile...I like those creatures, they've got stealth to reckon with and they are patient!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Crocz:

Yeah, the one you advocated...and yes Crocz means crocodile...I like those creatures, they've got stealth to reckon with and they are patient!

Patient kwa Crocodile is patient? Since when? You sure??
...issokay. We have one 'dried crocodile'...lol in my fathers' house. It used to scare us as kids. My dad claims he bought it very expensive. He doesn't joke with it @all...hahaha. You need to see him oiling it. undecided
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by egopersonified(f): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
As a result of the harsh ecomomy? Career woman. To take proper care of the home front and placing the family above the finances? House wife.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
egopersonified: As a result of the harsh ecomomy? Career woman. To take proper care of the home front and placing the family above the finances? House wife.

ego how you dey now. You don ban me comot family section
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
Anyone as long as she's non-nigerian
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by amtoxic66(f): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Both
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Crocz(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Patient kwa Crocodile is patient? Since when? You sure??
...issokay. We have one 'dried crocodile'...lol in my fathers' house. It used to scare us as kids. My dad claims he bought it very expensive. He doesn't joke with it @all...hahaha. You need to see him oiling it. undecided

"Dried crocodile"? shocked

*dialling phone number of Wildlife Protection Corps*

Calling to report aggravated assault, attempted and eventual murder of a gentle soul of an endangered species which may have taken place some several years ago
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by oluchikeh(f): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
Enasco1: I will prefer a house wife cos u can set up little business 4 her 2 contribute her part but a woman wt career vision will always want her voice 2 superced dat of their husband!! Hardly b4 u can point any career oriented woman dat x submissive!!

im not so sure i agree with Enasco. that may be the fear of a less confident man.
some house-wives can be very head strong

1 Like

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by sucezTP(f): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
One can be a career woman and at d same time, a house wife. It depends on how an individual decides to go about it, and how understanding the husband is. It has to be balanced.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by mikolo80: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
First of i think in a perfect all men would prefer housewife but theses a hack for the career woman. For instance you could have lonely grand parents come and care for kids. You can go for quickies in the office or schedule nacking into her itinerary. Camera for the nanny(hey if na so the career de pay she can afford it)or just ship em to boarding school(no life is not fair)
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Sammyblaq(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
not that i dont like a career woman but I dont like it wheneveri leave the house, she leaves the house too. I need one dat will be closer to ma kids.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
oluchikeh:

im not so sure i agree with Enasco. that may be the fear of a less confident man.
some house-wives can be very head strong
Oluchikeh, do u no wot it taks 2 b a career woman House wife can be head strong! How??
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Sammyblaq(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
some1 in support of career women made mention of house-help and sisters....no no for me.
Let me relate this case:
This my inlaw runs a factory, ma cousin sis(wife) works with a bank. At a certain period, the daughter(ada) fell ill with a heart related issue. Can u imagine! this my cousin sister never stopped work to attend to her daughter cos of the working policy. My brother in-law have to close his factory under probation to see to the little girls health stand. He closed factory for like 2month sleeping @UNTH. She valued the bank work morethan her daughter.
ThankGod she survived.

I dont like dis house-help tyn...#mytake
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
sucezTP: One can be a career woman and at d same time, a house wife. It depends on how an individual decides to go about it, and how understanding the husband is. It has to be balanced.
No my dear, a lady can not b a career woman n same time b a house wife. Career women are always on d move, their business or work can tak them any wea @ any time wtout considerin her family n kids!!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by pocohantas(f): 2:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Enasco1: No my dear, a lady can not b a career woman n same time b a house wife. Career women are always on d move, their business or work can tak them any wea @ any time wtout considerin her family n kids!!

wellsaid....some of then don't even know the meaning of a career woman. There is a différence between working class and career woman going by my dictionary définition.

1 Like

Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2014
pocohantas:

wellsaid....some of then don't even know the meaning of a career woman. There is a différence between working class and career woman going by my dictionary définition.
thumb up 4 dat new idea, some persons re confusing workin class lady wt a career woman.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Sammyblaq: some1 in support of career women made mention of house-help and sisters....no no for me.
Let me relate this case:
This my inlaw runs a factory, ma cousin sis(wife) works with a bank. At a certain period, the daughter(ada) fell ill with a heart related issue. Can u imagine! this my cousin sister never stopped work to attend to her daughter cos of the working policy. My brother in-law have to close his factory under probation to see to the little girls health stand. He closed factory for like 2month sleeping @UNTH. She valued the bank work morethan her daughter.
ThankGod she survived.

I dont like dis house-help tyn...#mytake

ok that one advatage the house wife has time
its so valuable
thats what your husbans needs
thats what the kids crave for time with thier mummy

note; provided she has a little source of income. what else
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by sucezTP(f): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2014
Enasco1: No my dear, a lady can not b a career woman n same time b a house wife. Career women are always on d move, their business or work can tak them any wea @ any time wtout considerin her family n kids!!

Yeah right! But don't you think a career woman can take a break to take care of her home! Or haven't you heard of career break! What you have to say about that.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2014
sucezTP:

Yeah right! But don't you think a career woman can take a break to take care of her home! Or haven't you heard of career break! What you have to say about that.

the real career women hardly take break
even to go on leave they wouldnt
eg the bankers always trying to meet target and get promotion to the next level
so the family just suffers
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2014
sucezTP:

yes I have heard of it!! Takin break x done once in a y,, we re talkin abt takin care of family here. A woman who travels n return in 2weeks time, stay few days wt d children n start preparin 4 anoda trip. In such a situation d man has automatically plays d role of a father n mother. If u re a man n in dx situation wot will U do
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2014
A woman can have a career, be a good mom and wife she just has to learn how to balance everything when the kids are young she can go slow on her career even a man cannot afford to make his life all about providing for the family his family need his presence as well. Everything requires balance its just that as humans sometimes we get carried away. If everyone makes the family priority they can strike a balance.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by Enasco1(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2014
sucezTP:

yes I have heard of it!! Takin break x done once in a y,, we re talkin abt takin care of family here. A woman who travels n return in 2weeks time, stay few days wt d children n start preparin 4 anoda trip. In such a situation d man has automatically plays d role of a father n mother. If u re a man n in dx situation wot will U do??
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by sucezTP(f): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
robosky02:

the real career women hardly take break
even to go on leave they wouldnt
eg the bankers always trying to meet target and get promotion to the next level
so the family just suffers

And the REAL career women who know what having a family is like, will think of the possible ways to balance everything. IMO!
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by sucezTP(f): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Enasco1: yes I have heard of it!! Takin break x done once in a y,, we re talkin abt takin care of family here. A woman who travels n return in 2weeks time, stay few days wt d children n start preparin 4 anoda trip. In such a situation d man has automatically plays d role of a father n mother. If u re a man n in dx situation wot will U do??

What happens to understanding and tolerating your wife in marriage, if you as a man cannot accept your career woman the way she is. Besides you must have seen the traces of a career woman in her before asking for her hands in marriage. Now let's look at it from this perspective. A working class woman who leaves early for work (4am) and returns home late (11pm), although she isn't devoted to her work, but some circumstances that warrant getting home late came into place and most times she gets home looking so tired, and the only time she is available is sundays. How do you think she will manage her home?! But if she really wants to, she will! I just feel everything depends on how an individual intends to go about it, maybe career or working class woman.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
sucezTP:

What happens to understanding and tolerating your wife in marriage, if you as a man cannot accept your career woman the way she is. Besides you must have seen the traces of a career woman in her before asking for her hands in marriage. Now let's look at it from this perspective. A working class woman who leaves early for work (4am) and returns home late (11pm), although she isn't devoted to her work, but some circumstances that warrant getting home late came into place and most times she gets home looking so tired, and the only time she is available is sundays. How do you think she will manage her home?! But if she really wants to, she will! I just feel everything depends on how an individual intends to go about it, maybe career or working class woman.
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
even on undays the career woman is too tired to attent a church service or take the kids out
Re: Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
andromida:
A woman can have a career, be a good mom and wife she just has to learn how to balance everything when the kids are young she can go slow on her career even a man cannot afford to make his life all about providing for the family his family need his presence as well. Everything requires balance its just that as humans sometimes we get carried away. If everyone makes the family priority they can strike a balance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Collection Of Hilarious Posts On Nairaland. / OMG!!!!! This Soap Is Amazing, It Starts Showing Results In A Week / How Do I Knack This Older Virgin Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.