Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,189 members, 7,890,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead (711 Views)

4 Photos That Will Make U Fear The Idea Of Another Civil War / Africa: The Causes Of Under- Development And The Challenges Of Globalisation / 10 Challenges Ahead Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead by Drums: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
The 44th American President has been declared amidst pomp and paegantry. "A Black man in a White House (still looks like a dream tho)".
However, now that the election is over what do u think will be the main challenges for Obama, and in which area do u think the CHANGE will eventually come.

For instance,

1. Obama had spent a whooping sum of money to run his campaign, don't you think he will be more loyal to the donors at the espense of the american people ?

2. Wont it be a disaster to quickly pull the american soldiers out of iraq & afganistan, considering the fact that the Al-qaeda could start breeding a formidable team

3. How is he going to handle the issues of Iran that is threatening the existence of Israel ?

4. Since he is a black president, i FEAR the african nations and blacks might not really have a lot of concessions (as being anticipated now), since there are so many watchers who will be scrutinising his policies to see if its unduely favouring the blacks.

These are just my opinion as well as my fears, but I stand to be corrected or rather further enlightened. Lets keep the discussion open and objectives. No insult pls.
Re: Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead by Busybody2(f): 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
No 1
$660m raised for Obama's campaign
$1bn spent on advertising
$5.3bn spent on all political campaign
$100m spent on advertising by Obama
$6m cost of a 30 minute prime time broadcast by Obama
$2,700 daily clothing allowance for Palin

What credit crunch
Re: Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead by Busybody2(f): 12:52am On Nov 06, 2008
Drums:

2. Wont it be a disaster to quickly pull the american soldiers out of iraq & afganistan, considering the fact that the Al-qaeda could start breeding a formidable team

With Afghanistan, Mr. Obama has expressly declared that he would attack targets on Pakistan borders if American interests were at stake.

With Iraq, he has promised to pull out all combat troops within 16 months, but would retain some troops to perform the limited missions of protecting America's diplomats and carrying out targeted strikes on Al Qaeda.

Drums:

3. How is he going to handle the issues of Iran that is threatening the existence of Israel ?

He has spoken with two sides of his mouth cool

For regional allies such as Iran whom has made it known that they would continue building centrifuges to produce nuclear fuel, he promised on one hand, a diplomatic initiative by his willingness to sit with Iran and discuss . . . and at the same time expressed his desires to have sanctions tightened undecided

On the other hand, despite the fact that he was the one that passed a senate resolution in 2007 barring GW Bush from using military force against Iran , he has repeatedly stated that:

he would keep “all options on the table” 

". . . Until we have gathered the international community to put the squeeze on Iran economically, then we shouldn't be having conversations about attacks in Iran."

"As president, I will use whatever military force is necessary to protect US. citizens and interests around the globe. . . "

At least with Bush, everyone knew where they stood, and because he warned the then President of Pakistan, to reign his guys in lest he did another shock and awe move on them, that prevented America from being subjected to further terrorist attacks since September 11. A lot of Asian friends contemplated on moving out of America as they felt the country had become a hostile ground for them. . .

Compare this to the UK whereby the Mayor printed and distributed a "the Muslims are your friends" leaflet the day after the attack on July 7th, just to curry favour with them. Because of the molly-coddling approach they took, they have been up to their neck in thwarting several attacks since then, and as at October last month, warned of an imminent attack and for everyone to be on guard cry
Re: Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead by ilaugh1: 12:59am On Nov 06, 2008
fools have started.
Re: Obama : My Fear & The Challenges Ahead by Busybody2(f): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2008
Drums:

4. Since he is a black president, i FEAR the african nations and blacks might not really have a lot of concessions (as being anticipated now), since there are so many watchers who will be scrutinising his policies to see if its unduely favouring the blacks.

Food for thought. I like the guy because he is honest. Here's an excerpt from his acceptance speech;

seemenow:

The road ahead will be long.  Our climb will be steep.  We may not get there in one year or even one term. . . 

There will be setbacks and false starts.  There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as President . . . I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. . .

I sincerely wish the guy well and hope people would eventually understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead, and don't take him to task if he cannot perform miracles overnight. Tony Blair, the ex Prime Minister of the once Great Britain, was one such guy. . .

(1) (Reply)

Abuja,nigeria-obama Has Registered First Historic Victory For Commoners / Letter To Ken Saro-wiwa / Oshiomole Declared Governor In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.