Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,358 members, 7,881,311 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (233000 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
snowhyt:
my oh my, this last update got me speechless... I really feel 4 Nathaniel, the dude is gonna b heartbroken...
Olu and Anita deserve 2b hanged... What they have done is un4givable..
oh Dave, just @ d moment when u are begining 2 find fulfillment and happiness your beast of a mother wants 2 reck ur happiness with d stupid past she had with ur uncle
I told u that it's going to happen I'm surprised u r surprised at this revelation

wait oooo u knew she was promiscuous but u never thought they should b hanged until de were caught in d act aren't u supposed to discourage the act before they were caught??
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
shocked
Viewing this topic: stuff46, Ahmeen and 7 guest(s)

Una case de with 5eun
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
ehen, abeg, if d suspense for dt 1985 story don reduce make sumbody holla me, i cnt stand it
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
perhaps Nat even heard der convo.. but dee wen will dis story end??

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
shankies215:
ehen, abeg, if d suspense for dt 1985 story don reduce make sumbody holla me, i cnt stand it

M too
My heartbeat don dey run 360 degres
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
kingphilip:
I told u that it's going to happen I'm surprised u r surprised at this revelation

wait oooo u knew she was promiscuous but u never thought they should b hanged until de were caught in d act aren't u supposed to discourage the act before they were caught??
i aint surprised actually afterall u made a "prophecy" about it; i'm just feeling sorry 4 Mr. Thomas and Dave... though i'm still hoping Dave is not Olu's son.
I had the thought of hanging them b4 nw but i decided 2 keep it 2 myself.. i wasnt expecting any of Anita's kids 2 catch her redhanded
Nat. will b so disappionted, to think that he went against his dad and surported his mother thinking she was d sheep and his dad the goat
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
shankies215:
dis one way everybody dey tlk about d suspence make i run go continue read the story 4rm where i stop
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by d4real890(m): 12:45am On Mar 20, 2015
D9ty7 u have really done a good job here,I never see these coming kudos to u and I pray may almighty allah accept ur prayer
#TEAMNATHANIEL
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 5:07am On Mar 20, 2015
shankies215:
dont tell me u dont watch horror film
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2015
Maryofficial:

Sammyomotola asked me 2 kneel o
BTW where is dis ur office sef
i don pardon u dear, u can stand up
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 5:38am On Mar 20, 2015
kwencypresh:

M too
My heartbeat don dey run 360 degres
i stopped at wia Clara was planning to kill ben, i jst dey fear for tina
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 5:41am On Mar 20, 2015
[quote
author=snowhyt post=31797606] dis one way everybody dey tlk about d
suspence make i run go continue read the story 4rm where i stop[/quote] nne abeg, if u read am finish cum tel me wetin apen
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 5:43am On Mar 20, 2015
sammyomotola:
dont tell me u dont watch horror film

emi keh!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2015
SO if i get this,Dave is not Wole's child
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
shankies215:

emi keh!
better start to watch it. Eg koto aye
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hey guys! My nt updating since is as a result of sum personal issues nd I cudnt type in such mood. I will drop the days update on my stories at the same time. Currently typing.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
D9ty7:
Hey guys! My nt updating since is as a result of sum personal issues nd I cudnt type in such mood. I will drop the days update on my stories at the same time. Currently typing.
all is well Oga dee
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Maryofficial(f): 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
sammyomotola:
i don pardon u dear, u can stand up

Thks dear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
D9ty7 hasn't told us wu d illegitimate child z o. It cud b Nathan........(i can imagine hw Olu 'll feel afta receiving d beating of his lyf frm his own son). Jez saying tho.......
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Neephemie:
D9ty7 hasn't told us wu d illegitimate child z o. It cud b Nathan........(i can imagine hw Olu 'll feel afta receiving d beating of his lyf frm his own son). Jez saying tho.......
This looks nice tho, or wah do you think?
Nathan will just become Olu's father, cos Olu will be afraid to even talk to him.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Steph is a bìtch,why must she always have a fling with serena's crushes?? angry

And she even mocked her based in her result(tho not intentional), Who does dat

Btw,mr d9ty7,you aint giving us a detailed description abt the characters,serena for example,is she light or dark?? Height nko??
U might overlook it,but it matter to some

Apart from that you are doin A GREAT JOB

I will keep you posted abt my observations

#teamserenamustsmileagain.

I need more angry
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2015

For the first time in months, Serena could categorically boast of having a fun filled day. Even though the day started on a sour note, from her encounter with her angry father, to the unexpected arrival of Stephanie to the sisters heart to heart talk about their result and the way forward, to Jake's nightmar-ish call and the scornful laugh he gave when he learnt of her score. And until Dave showed up at around 11:40am, she locked herself up in her room.
"God bless you Dave." She thought with a smile.
"What's amusing you?" Dave asked.
That was when she remembered that he was still in the car with her.
"I remembered something funny." She replied still smiling.
"You care to share?" He asked.
"No. Its personal."
"Whatever." He said with a hiss.
Dave concentrated more on the road, looking out for men of the Federal road safety corps, because the last thing he wished for was being stopped by those men who would stop at nothing the moment they realise he was without his papers. Even though he couldn't help but throw occassional glances at his sister.
"You know, I love aunty Bolaji." Serena said breaking the silence.
"Oh! Am glad you do." He replied.
"Where did you meet and how did things get all lovey-dovey between you two?" She asked.
"I met her a year ago at the airport. I was travelling to Abuja with my oga and she according to our conversation was going to visit her uncle." Dave explained.
"Waoh! So, you mean you scoped a girl in dad's presence?" She asked.
"For where? I pulled some strings and managed to get a seat away from dad. I sat beside her all through the journey and we exchanged contact." Dave explained with a smile.
Serena couldn't help but smile too.
"You guys made it official when?" She asked.
"Late last month...."
"And slowly, he love changed you from Dave the bully and always serious to the jovial Dave who jokes with everything." She cut in. "You know, I still can't believe you left the office to be with your girlfriend. I mean, who does that? In Dave's world, his job comes first."
She continued chatting happily with him as he drove back home and five minutes before they arrived home, her heart started beating very fast.
"Will dad be home by now?" She asked checking the time.
"5pm. Dad should be home except if Mama Londoner delayed him." Dave replied pulling into a filling station.
"You want to buy fuel?" Serena asked.
"Of course, Dad is travelling tomorrow and no filling station would be opened by 5am." He replied.
"Melo(How much)?" The attendant asked.
"Two thousand." Dave replied.
He removed two naira notes from his wallet and gave it to the attendant. And just then, Serena saw someone she knew.
"Dave, I'll be right back." She said as she ran out of the car.
"Uncle Vincent." She called as she approached the white Micra which was parked inside the 'Lube bay.'
"Oh! Serena, how are you?" Vincent asked.
Ten minutes later, Dave drove out of the filling station.
"Who is that?" He asked.
"The cabman who was instructed by dad to drive me to where I purchased the CBT software." She replied.
"Oh!" Dave muttered, suprise written all over his face, but he said nothing more.
-------------
"Hello dad." Serena greeted as she walked into the living room where her father was seated.
"Good evening sir." Dave greeted.
"Hello boy." He replied before he turned to Serena.
"Where are you coming from?" He asked.
"Dave took me out." She replied with a shaky voice. Was she near tears? She couldn't say.
"And what is being celebrated? Is it your birthday?" Her father asked.
"I took her out so she can grow over her exam woes and put it behind to forge ahead." Dave came to her rescue.
"Someone who failed deserved no special treatment. A student with a good result deserves encouragement, not someone who failed." His father replied almost in anger.
"Dad, she needs to be encouraged no matter what." Dave said.
"No problem. Is she encouraged now?" He asked as he glanced at her to see her eyes welled up with tears. His anger reduced and he felt pity for her.
"Go to your room and freshen up. See me when you are done." He said.
And slowly she walked out of the living room.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2015

Nate was being held at the security post after the drama he performed inside the hotel. He had vented his anger on his randy Uncle, at least if not to his satisfaction, he made sure he drew blood from the man even though he himself sustained a few injury.
"Oga, abeg let me go." Nate said to the security men who have vowed to hand him over to the police as instructed by the hotel manager and for the past four hours, no policeman had shown up.
"If you no keep your mouth shut their, I will suprise you." One of the three uniformed men replied.
"Oga, abeg free me na. I just dey come from school." He pleaded for the upteenth time.
"I don tell you sey if you wan go, drop your school ID card. Its like you don't know the gravity of the offence you committed. You left that man almost dead, because of what?" Another of the men replied.
"Oga, you no go understand. Just let me go." Nate said as he dipped his hand into his bagpack, fished out his wallet and removed wards of naira note.
"You wan bribe me abi? You think sey I be pauper? Go give your papa the money." The man said and this infuriated Nate who dropped his bag as well as his wallet and the naira notes.
"Do you want to beat me?"
"Oga, not dey mention my papa anyhow o. Him fit buy this hotel and everyone in it, including you three." Nate said angrily which earned him a slap.
"That your papa wey you dey talk na b.astard."
Nathan angrily walked to the extreme end of the spacious compound, picked up a plank and returned.
"You wan use still hit me abi?"
Immediately, the three men pounced on him, overpowered him and started giving him a second round of beating.
But this time, he refused to be overpowered. He forcefully hit one of the men in the groin, picked up the plank waved it and it hit the second man on the neck.
"If you move closer and I hit you with this stick, you'll regret the day you were born." He said to the third man, still holding the plank up in the air ready to bring it down.
He picked his wallet and his bag before walking out of the hotel still holding the stick.
"To where?" A bikeman stopped beside him.
"Gate." He replied mounting the bike.
"Na gate you dey go abi bus stop?" The bikeman asked as he drove off.
"No be your money you go collect? I will drop when I get to my destination." Nate replied angrily as he threw the plank he was holding away.
He was a total mess when he dropped at the junction, before walking the remaining distance to his father's house. His hair ruffled, his lips dripping with blood and a number of cuts on his face.
"Nathaniel the bad man." The gateman shouted happily as he opened the gate to let him in.
"How far?" He asked shaking hands with the man.
"I dey na. Wetin you bring come?" The gateman asked collecting his bag and searching through his things. "Na clothes full here na. Na cloth I go chop?" He raised his head up and saw the cuts on his face.
"Choi! Wetin do you face? You fight person ni?" He asked with concern as he left whatever he was doing with the bag.
"Na today? Abeg, gimme my bag jor." He collected his bag and walked towards the house.
"Good evening sir." He greeted his father the moment he entered the living room.
"How are you oga?" The elderly man replied extending his hand for a handshake.
"Am fine sir." Nate replied impatiently.
"What happened to your face?"
"Its nothing sir. I need to rest." He replied as he walked away. The image of his last visit playing in his mind. He remembered how he had stood up to his father that fateful morning, three days after the divorce.
"Best big brother." Serena threw her weight on Nate the moment he entered the hallway.
But, much to her chagrin, he yanked her off angrily and she fell to the ground. He fished out his key, unlocked the door and walked into his room, securing the lock, the second he entered.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
So Nate's father no c da bruise?. Anyway Serena das how life is. So must she suffer much pains before her father will accept her? So Anita's lover fought Nate n she looked on for her beloved son to be treated da way over her lover? She surprises me. Dave is now so sober. Da guys here u c how powerful women are? All hope is lost for Anita. Nate take it easy on Serena o. Don't displace ur anger on her. Will he reveal the secret? Hmmm. D9ty7 gud job der.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kayjay22(f): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oga nate dey para o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nate shld take a chill pill o
Love this!! cool
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
I think I understand nate here ooo

That's how it feels, when someone you think is innocent, ended of been a Criminal. Anita has disappointed her beloved nate, and I fear she can't win his heart again, not so easy thou

Uncle Nate, you have to take things easy ooo, na life you see so ooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
this Mr. Thomas has started again with dis his tough attitude.. so if sm1 fails an exam he/she is not surpose 2b happy abi??
Nat. shld better tell his dad and siblings what he saw Anita doing o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
For the records, Nate had no idea of the latest development in the house(the reconcilation) so, its nw up to him to spill it out to someone. Certainly, Dave is out of the picture(they ar nt on good terms) their father is out also, wich leaves the Serena option. But if I were to be in his shoes(even tho I dnt wear other pple's shoes) I won't tell anyone about it, but to avoid problems, I will do everything possible to ensure that Anita doesn't return to the house. Yes, I love my mum nd I love my dad. A cheating partner cud kill, so I'll save my popsy's life while as mumc's favourite, I let her be, so she can explore the world some more.
Stuff46, what do you think?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by StormAngel(f): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Tnx man 4 d update. Interesting...

But nate why you com fling serena na? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.