Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,092 members, 7,933,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:52 AM

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) (63196 Views)

Have You Ever Tried This Method of Identifying Rotten Eggs ? Photo / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by SociableG: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nice
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Bibol(f): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
I learnt how to use it as a child especially when we had to cook vegetables. My mom insisted we learnt how to handle it even when there was a blender which I thought was easier to use. After grinding, your palms will feel so pepperish that you will need palm oil to feel normal again.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by shema101(f): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
I do it any time I remember home.... I did it last week still
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by kevoh(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
delishpot:

You need insult women join? Do you go hunting? Men of those days go hunting to provide meat for their families, they farm and they treck miles and miles to sell yams do men of now adays do it too? Or should we say they are lazy to hunt grass cutters, antelopes and deers but would rather give their wives money to buy cow and goat meat instead.

Bless you jare. I thought I was the only one who noticed the unnecessary insult. angry

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Timijo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Even though I'm a man, I have used dis stone for time without number to grind pepper. I stopped using it 2 years ago.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nope, dont even wana try it sef
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
This thing really look good.
Can it grind beans too?
Is it hard to use?
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by areson: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Check out this hawt new tune from Solidstar and Tiwa Savage.

Download here: Solidstar – Baby Jollof ft. Tiwa Savage
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by noordean(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes bt jst once..it'z nt gud 4 boys. My sistas r gud @ it tho
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Ormorlehwah(f): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Of cos Yes. I can also grind beans like dat if I wish to eat Moi moi.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
rozzay:
U not fly?! Hmmmm every one wants to talk. If using blender is t ush to u den 2bad
hehehe ..... JUST LOOKING FO TROUBLE.... BEEN SEING UR POSTS AROUND.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by GowonAbacha: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Of cos Yes. I can also grind beans like dat if I wish to eat Moi moi.
Then you can as well say welcome to stooling. You go shît so tey u go tire... Comm'on how do you expect the beans to be smooth enough for moi moi ?
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by demmyluv90(f): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Kai, I had to use it like few weeks back after a long long time.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by IAMBREEZY: 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
oh i don't know what it is,and i have ne'er seen it before.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Tayeni(m): 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
loong time ago...went to visit grandma....i was pretty good at it.
but i hated the aftermath......peppery fingers and palm.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: hehehe ..... JUST LOOKING FO TROUBLE.... BEEN SEING UR POSTS AROUND.
Ok kul
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Godmystrength: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?
I have used this very well. my mum had it and still uses it till tomorrow but i haven't used this in 3years now. i am even thinking of buying a small one but i don't know where to get the original (not the ones that will leave stone particles in your stuff after grinding)

But how come you just messed up the whole surface? you no fit dey arrange the pepper for middle as you dey handle the omo olo ni?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Lero15(m): 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
I used to. After d usage, pepper go pain my hand ehn...
It's still around one corner for our house.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by NoQualms1(f): 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Sure na, I can grind Egusi and beans lyk that too. My mom taught me.

Yes o, one can grind the egusi till its oil start coming out. My mum even grind locust beans (iru) on it. I have always hated it sha, it's putting oneself through unnecessary stress. I no longer use it ever since I left my parents' place.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Kossyne(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
OP. First and foremost, the kitchen setting is untidy. I am having a hard time imagining the kind of food that is served from that kitchen.

I wonder what kind of flavour that technique of grinding adds to food. Apart from the obvious fact that its not hygienic, its stress and there's a high risk of pepper seeds finding its way to the grinder's eyes or other sensitive body parts. Electric blender does the job- swift and clean with no stress. Nigerians and sentiments.
#smh.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Godmystrength: 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Of cos Yes. I can also grind beans like dat if I wish to eat Moi moi.
do you mean to say akara? because the stress of getting the beans paste smooth enough for moi moi will be too much o
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Abdulsalam20(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
I WENT TO VISIT MY MUM LAST WEEK........SO ITS DINNER TIME AND MUM DECIDE TO COOK RICE AND ATA DINDIN(FRIED STEW)........SO SHE CALL UPON ME TO COME AND GRIND PEPPER EVEN THOUGH SHE GAVE ME TWO ALTERNATIVE SHE SAID I SHLD USE EITHER GRINDER OR DAT TYN.........NA SO I GO PROVE OVER SABI GO CARRY DAT TYN..I CLAIM IT IS FASTER. :- ......DAT DAY I NEARLY DIE AFTER DOING ONE ROUND I USED LIKE 4MINS.......THEN I TOLD MY I WANT TO USE BLENDER......NA SO MUM DEY PARA SAY I DON CARY DAT RUBBISH SAY NA HIM I GO USE FINISH.......AFTER LONG ARGUEMENT I AGREED grin.......BUT ALLMY HAND NA LIKE OVEN FUNNY ENOUGH I WENT TO URINATE WITH IT grin...FOR MY LIFE I NO GO TOUCH DAT THING AGAIN :-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by zemaye: 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
I enjoy people doing this method of grinding but 'me i no fit' burn my hand tongue! Yes the last time I did it, it was just to please my grandma' I can still remember how my hands felt embarassed.she pitied me and applied palm oil after then she never bothered if I never helped with the grinding on her stone.
That said I 'd rather use my blender or manual grater. grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Kossyne(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
Buoyantic: Yoruba and dia dirty life style

Celebrating "uncleanliness" since God know when.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by tohshine(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
naturally: Sweet stew esp 'obe ekuru'
ata efo
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
How long does it take to do that? You may have way too much time on your hands.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Godmystrength: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Abdulsalam20: I WENT TO VISIT MY MUM LAST WEEK........SO ITS DINNER TIME AND MUM DECIDE TO COOK RICE AND ATA DINDIN(FRIED STEW)........SO SHE CALL UPON ME TO COME AND GRIND PEPPER EVEN THOUGH SHE GAVE ME TWO ALTERNATIVE SHE SAID I SHLD USE EITHER GRINDER OR DAT TYN.........NA SO I GO PROVE OVER SABI GO CARRY DAT TYN..I CLAIM IT IS FASTER. :- ......DAT DAY I NEARLY DIE AFTER DOING ONE ROUND I USED LIKE 4MINS.......THEN I TOLD MY I WANT TO USE BLENDER......NA SO MUM DEY PARA SAY I DON CARY DAT RUBBISH SAY NA HIM I GO USE FINISH.......AFTER LONG ARGUEMENT I AGREED grin.......BUT ALLMY HAND NA LIKE OVEN FUNNY ENOUGH I WENT TO URINATE WITH IT grin...FOR MY LIFE I NO GO TOUCH DAT THING AGAIN :-
shocked shocked shocked how could you?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by holluwai(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
I'm glad I can do this, I still helped my mother out some weeks ago when she wanted to make akara(she actually taught me how to use it while we were growing up). It's something I'd do anytime I want to, no big deal.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by anonimi: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thankfully with hard work, focus and discipline, gone are those days smiley
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Sparklesebony: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
Loved grinding bell pepper for my granny wt dis stone. But grinding ogbono and melon seeds-my worst nightmare.

My mum still pulls the stunt on me and my immediate elder bro when she visits. She kept one with us at home.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ezeonline2(m): 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sure I can use it,the first time I tried it was the day I will never forget in my my life,I was 5 then I bath myself with pepper. There is this superstition for those that bed wet,you have to greet the grinder every night before going to bed to wake you when u are pressed so as nt to wet the bed.
Lol gone are those days
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?

Some people can never just move forward with the times sha. Na person like this go dey say 504 is the best moto because it is easy to fix.

How can one brand another who embraces a simpler, faster not to mention MORE HYGIENIC way of preparing food as lazy?!!!

It IS stressful and primitive!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video) / My Brother Killed This Wildpig Yesterday / Would You Buy This ₦1 Million Sallah Ram? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.