Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,505 members, 7,911,185 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:13 AM

Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua (47827 Views)

Arrest, Prosecute Tinubu Immediately - PDP / Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by charlsecy(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
koikoi2: When prophet Elijah commanded a lion to tear and eat up little children for calling him names, who sued him?
Are you in any way suggesting that the prophet called down the building to kill people?
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Ybholy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
million of job will be lost, if synagogue church is closed.

It is one of nigeria highest source of earning from tourism.

It gives aid to the aged ones , the less privileged and so many others .

Please for Gods sake , let the church be <weeping>
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by jayriginal: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
musKeeto: Sagamite plaetton weigraf jayriginal rationalmind.

Going through the comments on the first page, I think it wouldn't be a hasty conclusion to say this a country full of retards. Can there be any salvation?

The problems are many.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by nora544: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ybholy: million of job will be lost, if synagogue church is closed.

It is one of nigeria highest source of earning from tourism.

It gives aid to the aged ones , the less privileged and so many others .

Please for Gods sake , let the church be <weeping>

Soory what is this for a trash writing, million of nigerians will have no job when a church will got close, I know you are a brainwashed member of this pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Rawani: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
jennylove7575: you have a point but taking a close look at this issue without being bias, the issue is very complex...I tried to put myself in his shoes..then I questioned, what if the house I paid contractors to build for me suddenly collapsed and killed people, would I be held responsible because I financed the project? Hmm! Its complex and complicated.

The issue here is criminal negligence. If you paid contractors to build an nursery school for you, and they built it with a foundation that can carry the weight of the building, theres no problem. When you now ask those contractors to add another floor on that same foundation, without permission from the authorities, and the building becomes too heavy for the foundation, causing it to collapse and kill innocent 2-year olds, then you are criminally negligent. If TBJ had obtained permission for those extra floors which weakened the structure, or he took measures to strengthen the foundation or support the structure (e.g. pillars), nobody would be pointing fingers at him. Why would anyone be against TBJ?

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by koikoi2(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
Dragonking:

So it is right for tb joshua to kill innocent people for his own selfish gains even after the LASG closed the guest house initially.

Nigerians like u are just to gullible and simple to face the truth..i trust south africans, they will sue tb joshua to the bones..
charlsecy:
Are you in any way suggesting that the prophet called down the building to kill people?
Dragonking:

So it is right for tb joshua to kill innocent people for his own selfish gains even after the LASG closed the guest house initially.

Nigerians like u are just to gullible and simple to face the truth..i trust south africans, they will sue tb joshua to the bones..

It's a pity u still don't get me.

How many lives has TB Joshua saved,?
how many wretched south Africans has he uplifted.?

Millions

It's too bad we forget all d gud things he has done to millions all over d world cos his building collapsed and people died.

The dead are martyrs of faith.

I see them rejoicing in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by lirusehn(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
[b] here come Nigerians again.

if i choose to write my own view of this, Some fools gonna cry me a hell.

For heaven's sake why ar most of these Nigerians so foolish?

For a minute i felt their pains but now they've shown us to be as foolish as their fore-fathers.

Southafricans wanna sue who? TB Joshua or the Engineers in charge oF the building
Or prolly the Officers that ar bin paid to get things straight but neva did(sinz the only thing they ar good at is to walk around on a wet-day with their 'REd-paint' while they keep showing us they knw how to rightly write 'Stop Work Notice' only on buildings they feel 'the owners know less about 'LaW or Our Constitutions')

Plz someone shud tell me whom they gonna sue?
I did bliv Southafricans were sensible they just clearEd my doubts.

it's seriously a privilege for them to Ave bin in the ist place allowed into Our dear country here.

I can still remember how

*1) Five South Africans police beat Nigerian man to death

*2) On Jan. 5, Obinna Ugboja was arrested by the police on the
allegation that he was in possession of drugs; the police
claimed he tried to swallow the drug when
arrested and he was killed in a van. What happened later in time ? I swear nothing. I Cud remb Mamabolo said Nigeria and SA shud come together to be the 'GIANTS of Africa'. There the case ended. Shame on US all

*3) Johannesburg - Four Nigerians died when a group of men
opened fire on them in Benoni, on the East Rand, The motive of the shooting is unknown till date .

*4) a Nigerian student got killed shortly after the death of 'Toba Falode' the son of 'Aisha Falode' for God knws what. They killed another Naizi Evah and twisted everything up linking the suspect to be a Zimbabwean

*5) another 2 south African cops caught on camera brutalising A Nigerian for no reason untill he was maltreated to p**.

They mobilized petition against brutality, was it not made knwn to we Nigerians to head bak to our Country if we can't cope with them. While we keep taking Southafricans here for a lil-god. What happened to the case?

*6) What happened to Uzoama Joseph's case?
Despite how glaring the injustice was. Smh.

The only thing we heard was 'Reps warned u guyz to stop killing us'. Period 'nothing else was done all in the name of our 'slavery-mentality'

These are just the few of my many

*8 ) what of our 9.3 million US dollars?

*9) what of those Nigerians brutally treated over-there all in the name of this same building that collapsed and yet they still wanna sue 'River-Niger'.

What will you guyz now say ? I won't let bygone be bygone? How wud i let the bygone be? When inferiority complex is eating us up. We prefa some goddamn foreigners to our main man. The man These same foreigners pay millions to see we are here crying to prosecute him. I wish we could just for once appreciate what we've got.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by BodyKiss(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
Looking at most comments here, I feel so glad that I unchained myself from this thing called religion. None of you seems to give a damn about the fact that this man's action caused the death of over hundred people, just because he's your man of 'God'.

Life appears to be meaningless to you lot. Even the teaching in your life manual about Jesus' (whom you all claims to follow) value for human life, to the extent he raised people from the dead, and dreaded for his own life (Matthew 26:39), doesn't hold any salt to you hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
phransix147: Set of janja smokers... Instead of them to ask for the engineers and person in charge of procurement, you want to arrest T.B Joshua na him build am abi him dey happy as the building fall? I want to ask sef didn't government notice when he was adding those additional floors? Cos I was weary of it now the damage has been done everybody now wants to flex muscles... Insensitive Government! Group agitate for something else pls something like ordering Fashola or GEJ to give me a job.

Ohhh... I know why not demand that you be placed in the next building slated for collapse... A waste of breath. Let us not test the spirit of so called anointed. Weren't Christians called to observe the laws of the land? Or, ok the commandments in the bible that serve his purpose count, but the ones that demand he be accountable for his actions do not.... Hmmm sounds like typical hypocritical Christianity. He should submit himself to the authorities (kinda like when Christ submitted himself to Pilate) and let the Lord fight his battle. If he's blameless the Lord well exonerate him...

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by chukwy2(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
“Touch not my Anointed.’” this group must be an evil group, d man of God is already in pains 4 d souls that died and you people are saying he should be arrested and persecuted. Did he ask d bilding to fall. Dia is God ooo
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Orunto: 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Chillext: The Vote for Service Initiative, a good governance and human rights advocacy group, has issued a seven-day ultimatum to Governor Babatunde Fashola to arrest and prosecute Temitope Joshua, popularly known as T.B Joshua, the founder of The Synagogue Church of All Nations.

In a letter dated September 25 and addressed to the Lagos State governor, the group also asked the state government to make public the outcome of its investigation into the cause of the collapsed building.

The group also accused the state government of delaying investigations into the collapsed building based on “the mantra of ‘Touch not my Anointed.’”

“We are Vote for Service Initiative. We like to remind your good office that, it was in this state your attorney general and commissioner for justice prosecuted and convicted Rev. King to death by hanging for (killing) one of his devotees with ignited fire.

“It is also the same attorney general office that prosecuted recently Mr. Arowolo to death by hanging for killing his wife with knife and cudgel, how much more the man that (killed) over 115 souls through criminal negligence and brazen impunity,” the group said.

The letter’s four-point demand also called on Mr. Fashola to issue a public apology to the people of Lagos State for the late implementation of Section 74 of the Physical Planning Law of Lagos State, as well as compensate the victims affected by the incident.

“Failure to which we will be left with no other option than to approach the competent court of jurisdiction for an order of mandamus for your good office to implement the law you signed in 2010 without delay,” the letter added.

A five-storey building inside the church’s premises in Ikotun, Lagos, collapsed on September 12 as three additional floors were being added to the original two-storey structure.

Eight-six dead bodies were recovered from the rubble and 131 rescued, according to the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA.

On Monday, Jeff Radebe, a South African minister, said that 115 people, including 84 South Africans, died in the incident.

Both the Lagos State government and the Nigerian Institute of Building have stated that the church did not get an approval before embarking on fresh construction on the collapsed building.

However, earlier this week, the Lagos State government announced it had suspended investigation into the cause of the building collapse.

Lateef Ibirogba, the state Commissioner for Information, said the outcome of their investigation would be withheld pending the outcome of another committee set up by the federal government.

In their letter, the group described the situation as “laughable,” adding that the Lagos State Law on Regional and Physical Planning and Urban Development 2010 as amended had already spelt out government action after a building collapse.

The section, according to Mr. Ilori, stated that “any collapsed building in the state due to the negligence of owner or developer, such land shall be confiscated by that state through the ministry in charge.”

“In view of the above quoted relevant portion of the law, an attendant fact that the said collapsed building was due to the criminal negligence of the owner/church in charge as represented by the leader Prophet T.B Joshua or his representatives…

“Having clarified from all other relevant agents of the ministry of physical planning like LASBCA, surveyor institutes and others that no record related to approval or otherwise of the collapsed building, it is incumbent on your good office or/and your approved ministry to have implemented the relevant section of the law as stated above,” the letter said.

Source
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168662-group-issues-7-day-ultimatum-to-governor-fashola-to-arrest-prosecute-t-b-joshua.html
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Project400: Interesting

Someone should also arrest Mr Aliko Dangote for negligence sad
His Truck drivers are killing our people sad

Shey na Dangote drive those trucks? U and the people wey like your post suppose get permanent room for Yabaleft.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by victorazy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: Fashola must step up to the plate and prove his worth on thiis matter otherwse he would surely lose my respect!

U think say him no get fear, no be human him be? U want him to die young?
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Orunto: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Bokoharam amnesty has come to Lagos!
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by victorazy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
assfreak:

Shey na Dangote drive those trucks? U and the people wey like your post suppose get permanent room for Yabaleft.

Shey na TB Josua be the engineer?
U see grin grin grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by StOla: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: So many ignorant folks everywhere.
Yes he's to be prosecuted. Not the builders.
He's the one who contracted them to buil.
He's the one who failed to get a license to add more floors on the already existing building.
He's the one who'll pay for the mistake.
He doesn't have to go to jail because it's not really a criminal offense.
But he should pay for whatever loss incured by the families of the dead

What constitutes a criminal offence?

Is there a law in place that was breached? Is there a jail term attached to such offence?

If a law has been flouted and this eventually leads to non-premeditated deaths, there's a valid charge of involuntary manslaughter - leading to a lengthy jail term.

The law as signed by Fashola in 2010 states that where culpability has been established due to use of substandard material or lack of necessary approvals, then such property stands forfeited to the state government. That a case of involuntary manslaughter is valid here is even underscored by the fact that the site had been sealed up by the relevant agency days before the incident.

I guess someone felt the holy ground of God is beyond the purview of earthly laws.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by victorazy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
StOla:

What constitutes a criminal offence?

Is there a law in place that was breached? Is there a jail term attached to such offence?

If a law has been flouted and this eventually leads to non-premeditated deaths, there's a valid charge of involuntary manslaughter - leading to a lengthy jail term.

The law as signed by Fashola in 2010 states that where culpability has been established due to use of substandard material or lack of necessary approvals, then such property stands forfeited to the state government. That a case of involuntary manslaughter is valid here is even underscored by the fact that the site had been sealed up by the relevant agency days before the incident.

I guess someone felt the holy ground of God is beyond the purview of earthly laws.

I tut TB Joshua na pastor but never knew he was an engineer grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
victorazy:

Shey na TB Josua be the engineer?
U see grin grin grin

Shey dem no tell TB make him no raise that building?

At least, Dangote dey give him drivers training for institute of transport so no be negligence. But TB wey dem tell sey make him no raise building no hear word. You come dey mention Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by sheff(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
Prosecution of tb joshua is no possible because we live in an insane and lawless society in a sane government of course tb joshua would have been in prison or on the way to jail

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by justi4jesu(f): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
nijanigga:
To arrest a thief and a criminal, what risk?

Question for the gods grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Revolva(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
umm even if he is arested..it was not done by him....na.....see wahala ooo
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by victorazy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
assfreak:

Shey dem no tell TB make him no raise that building?

At least, Dangote dey give him drivers training for institute of transport so no be negligence. But TB wey dem tell sey make him no raise building no hear word. You come dey mention Dangote.

He is not the engineer just as Dangote is not the driver. If their was a plan by the church to expand or renovate building, I hope Lagos State has a body incharge for building in Lagos, where were they?

Oya na make Fashola go arrest him na if he no dey fear!

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
They were invited......

Segunj8:
Those South Africans should shut up already, were they forced here? Or did they complain when dey were receiving their miracles nd cash gifts from the 'man of God'.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Billygee2u: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
justi4jesu: Hmmmm arrest him @ your own risk cheesy
laughable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by buskie13(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
lilprinze: Why are they talking about arresting TB Joshua shouldn't they be talking about arresting the engineers and person in charge of procurement,
they want to arrest him as if he was the one who built it.
y do u sound this way....it's as if u don't know who was funding the project

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by BERNIMOORE: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
phransix147

I hope u are educated to an extent so I don't waste my time... If u would listen... TB Joshua can't do that without consulting a structural engineer, am not exonorating him but Bulk of the blame goes to that Engineer that encouraged him and told him its possible to add more floors without considering the fact that its going to be adding more load both dead and live load to the existing structure without adequate support for the more added load... E.g a 5 yrs old carries 10 litre of water on his head comfortably u said since he carried 10 he sud be able to carry 15kg u kept adding till the boy falls due to the fact u have exceeded the max. Load he can carry. Also you can blame the Procurement and Project Manager for not making use of quality building materials or maintaining standard Mix ratio or substituting rod sizes because of negligence or trying to save cost a beam or column earmarked for 32mm high yield in the plan they used 16mm... These are the thing you should know T.B Joshua is no Structural Engineer.

Classyzi
Tb Joshua should not be arrested. He is not a builder, not a structural engineer or architect. Infact, he is an illitrate as far as building a house is concern. When has it become a crime to engage in building a house. So why should one suggest dat he should be arrested. The person dat should be arrested instead is de engineer/contractor dat was doing de constr. 6deckin or whatever, de engr. Should've known what to do to fortify, enhance and strengthen existing foundation before embacking on addition. I presume de engr. Is licenced to build, if dat is true, then de govt and authorities concern should come into de issue for granting licence to quacks. As a matter of fact, Tb Josh should be adequately compensated. Our human right activist should learn to use their wisdom and not luking for opportunities to estort money from people. May de souls of those dat lost their lives in de incidence rest in peace.

what a sick comment? lets talk about pre-construction of the added storey buildings, Tb joshua and any illiterate who is eligible to own a house knew that before you embark on structural activivity or enhancements of buildings, you need permission first, this is a personal responsibility of the 'owner' and 'not the builder' You guys failed to tell us that Tb joshua seek permission from the government to add(+) to the existing two storey, which he evidently did not do!

why will tb joshua ensure that he takes the right visa before travelling abroad so as not to be embarrased, but was too illiterate to take the right visa to add additional building?

why do you people now wants us to see a man that foresee a danger before it happens even predicting game results, but was blind to know that he need to obtain a valid document/or was deceived? so we should treat him now as an ordinary ignorant man since his power to foresee may be suffering from short circuit at times, i think some people need to reexamine their thinking faculty!

even biblically he was wrong, jesus expect his followers to take critical steps even in building;

luke 14:29; jesus said

28"For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?

this is important because

Genesis 9:5

5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by michylabo(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
If a building collapses due to bad architecture and Engineering, LASG dey always seize the property.
If people die, the owners of the property are sued and made to face the law.
Now no action... cos it TB Joshua... Now its news cos SA are dead. If na only naija brothers.. e for be sara..

Nigeria society of Engineers should hide there heads in shame... COREN and its other bodies.. No wonder they cannot build anything... Even Lagos Ibadan expressway.... S H A M E. Ordinary civil building dey always collapse for naija.. When wld u then be able to build a bridge or marina or train tunnel or a city like Abuja or Eko Atlantic...

TB Joshua being the client should be prosecuted for manslaughter, intention to harm, Fraud and manipulation, Building without permit.

No Laws... Enforcement only on poor people... Its a Nigerian problem... Even GEJ went to visit TB Joshua.... Mr Fashola shey u be SAN and can quote plenty law.. Shey u gave a speech abt what Gani wld have done to GEJ if alive.. Now what wld Gani do if he was alive and he sees u stalling and procrastinating on prosecuting this so called MAN OF GOD... Delay in Justice is no Justice...

I feel like pucking.. embarassed cry So painful

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by wirinet(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
The reason this country cannot progress is clearly obvious. The masses worship the Elites, be it religious, political or business elite. We tend to support and be ready to fight for them when they do wrong because of religious, political, tribal or sectional affiliations.

Now people defending and supporting TB Joshua should answer the following questions;
Who made the decision to build a hostel in the first place and who paid for it?
Who hired the Architects, engineers and builders employed to construct the hostel?
Who paid for all the approvals for the structure in the first place?
Who made the decision to extend the hostel upwards, and who paid for the extentions?
Who's responsibility is it to apply for approvals for the extension and who is to pay for the approvals?

If the collapse was due to structural defects, who is to be held responsible? At least someone must be held responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by justi4jesu(f): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Billygee2u:
laughable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
victorazy:

He is not the engineer just as Dangote is not the driver. If their was a plan by the church to expand or renovate building, I hope Lagos State has a body incharge for building in Lagos, where were they?

Oya na make Fashola go arrest him na if he no dey fear!

So he no do anything bad for your face because the system of governance don rotten abi? Make I hear say you abuse boko haram again. Na thunder go scrape ur head.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

EndSARS: Adamu Garba To Jack Dorsey "Stay Away From Nigerian Politics" / Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie, Husband Evara Esege, Daughter Meet Obiano In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.